[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck did Kojima think the story he gave us in MGSV, was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: Venom_Snake_TTP.png (893KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Venom_Snake_TTP.png
893KB, 900x900px
Why the fuck did Kojima think the story he gave us in MGSV, was better than a story that tells of Big Boss's decent into madess, going from a protagonist to an antagonist? I think the whole Konami falling out, distracted people from the fact that MGSV was an unbelievable let down in it's story.
>>
>He never went nuclear
>>
>>385984483
Agreed. I don't think anyone really considers it complete, and it never felt more incomplete to me than in the story department. There were so few cutscenes and very sparse dialogue-- it feels like they ran out of keifer budget or something. For how detailed (and really, a bit overbaked) the overall MGS story was up to that point, getting such a light glossing over of the story felt very jarring to me.

Oh well. Hopefully Death Stranding re-captures some of the weird excitement I had.
>>
>>385984483
>Story about the villain of the series
>Don't do anything that bad
>Venom tries to be a genuinely good guy
>Can literally earn "Heroism Points"
>>
>>385984483
He lives around betraying his audience. When Jordan Vogt-Roberts (the MGS movie director) asked him for the #1 piece of advice when tackling the film, Kojima said 'betray your audience's expectations'. He obviously knew with MGSV that everyone was expecting Heart of Darkness V2, so he thought he'd be clever and give us the most convoluted plot ever to counter it.
>>
>>385984483
I'm still holding out for a "true" MGSV. I also personally don't consider this game canon.
>>
File: Macho Man.jpg (706KB, 1064x710px) Image search: [Google]
Macho Man.jpg
706KB, 1064x710px
>>385984483
>a story that tells of Big Boss's decent into madess
Without spoiling the Metal Gear Solid games for you, Solid Snake's training revolved around a different set of objectives than Big Boss.
>>
>>385984958
That's definitely not happening at this point. Konami still owns the rights to Metal Gear, and they fucking hate Kojima with a passion. They're not going to do anything with the series, aside from spin offs. It's essentially over at this point. I think that's part of what makes MGSV such a depressing game. It's unfinished, it's story is unsatisfying, and it's how the series ended. Not with a bang but with a "Oh btw you weren't playing Big Boss the whole time. Oh also the game's over. No climax btw."
>>
>>385984483
>was better than a story that tells of Big Boss's descent into madness, going from protagonist to antagonist
But anon, that IS the story we got. Big Boss in the MSX games is a diabolical, manipulative combat junkie who holds no value for life -- even in his own men -- and has used child soldiers and nuclear weapons in his army; all of which he justifies by considering conflict over any grand scheme to be pointless, because war is the only purpose FOR soldiers like him.
>Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater shows his fall from grace where he becomes disillusioned with nationalism and adopts the Boss's philosophy regarding the futility of war, nations, and objectivity
>Portable Ops has him kidnapping and brainwashing soldiers to fight for him
>Peace Walker has him do the same to children while also utilizing nuclear weapons "for deterrence" and openly stating that the MSF will thrive on war by being whatever they need to be, whether revolutionaries, defense proxies, or literal terrorists
>MGSV has him enter into a pact with his arch-rival to brainwash his most trusted lieutenant (a cripple with PTSD) to be his physical and mental doppelganger so an international bullseye can be drawn on a man erased from the history books who trusted and idolized him
>that doppelganger was a better and more morally upstanding Big Boss than the real thing, and seeing how he treated Eli and reflected on Paz, he is closer in mentality to Solid Snake than Naked Snake
>>
>>385984958
Metal Gear is pretty much dead at this point. The creator of the series as moved on, and the company who owns it:

1. Hates the creator.
2. Isn't interested in producing games anymore.
3. Probably wouldn't have the talent to pull off a good MGS game even if they tried.
>>
>>385985715
>Venom has a petting zoo on base
>saves children from war to let them read and write
BB is a cunt desu. He would have eaten the children and put the animals to war, what a fucking cunt.
>>
>>385985715
>>385986209
That reminds me. He knew the XOF attack on the hospital was coming two weeks in advance, and let all the people there get killed to keep the ruse going.
>>
>>385985715
I still have no clue at all why Ocelot was helping him.
>>
>>385986462
And yet people will still follow this bumbling fuck to the ends of the earth. -30 year life expectancy the moment you get near him.
>>
>>385984483
MGS has never been about surface level plot bullshit. Keep up. Also, that's effectively what we got.
>>
File: question.png (42KB, 170x82px) Image search: [Google]
question.png
42KB, 170x82px
>>385985715
>Portable Ops has him kidnapping and brainwashing soldiers to fight for him
>Peace Walker has him do the same to children while also utilizing nuclear weapons

oh boy it's another anon grossly misrepresents the portable games in order to argue a point episode
>>
File: 1483410448006.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1483410448006.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>385986604
Twenty years earlier, Big Boss beat his ass, gave him spergy advice on handling a handgun, and introduced him to the godsend that is the Colt Single Action Army, all the while showing more honor than Volgin. Plus, with the help of Zero, they did form this universe's second founding of the NWO. A loose-cannon like Ocelot is a simple man: A rival partner gives him an erection, he follows him to the ends of the earth, becoming a quadruple agent to save his life.
>>385986687
A cult of personality is an incredible thing. There's a reason that a moral/cultural relativist like Kojima drew parallels between Peace Walker's Big Boss and El Che, and as early as the first Solid game had Snake deliver the message that men never stack up to legends. People are willing to go to great lengths for their heroes, including giving their lives, and deluding themselves into thinking their idol is a symbol of righteousness even if they have less than noble goals and/or means.
>>385987267
>implying this isn't what happens
>>
>>385986604
To keep up the ruse, the game flat out tells you this multiple times
>>
>>385987354
It literally isn't. The soldiers in POOPS were under Gene's mind control and Chico was a pain in the ass they tried to keep OFF the battlefield who was trying to follow his own father's footsteps. That's the entire opening to GZ even.
>>
>>385984703
that's why it's called Thr Phantom Pain. He played the ultimate joke on us and Konami.

Still a better game than Zelda BotW.
>>
>>385986604
Because he's in love with him.
>>
More than anything, I just wanted venom to just walk away from this shitshow of a game with quiet and just let it be.
>>
File: 1501018630843.jpg (145KB, 800x673px) Image search: [Google]
1501018630843.jpg
145KB, 800x673px
>>385989503
This desu.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.