[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on amiibo cards? Honestly, it's pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2782.jpg (163KB, 570x435px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2782.jpg
163KB, 570x435px
What are your thoughts on amiibo cards? Honestly, it's pretty shitty what it's doing to Nintendo, by at the same time, I don't want to shell out 30-40 bucks each for a statue that gives me stuff in game.
>>
I'm happy that supply meets demand. Nintendo has a real problem with that.
>>
It's basically just the same DLC bullshit that everyone else is doing, but Nintendo is making it a bit more fun.
>>
What's this? Is this a thing now?
>>
>>385983429
Yep, just look for amiibo cards. They're basically cards with the amiibo data on it. Plus they're way cheaper.
>>
I'd rather get the little amiibo plate that you can just download all the DLC unto, i'm actually looking for it right now but forgot what it's called, you can get it on ebay, anyone know?
>>
>>385983318
lol, wasn't Nintendo actually saying it was going to come out with amiibo cards to help with that, to bad I guess you guys to guys pirates beat you to the punch, what a fucking shitshow
>>
>>385983320
>a bit more fun
Forcing us to become toy collectors to play all content in a game isn't fun. Not producing enough to meet demand for the content isn't fun. Generating added stress in the consumer and indirectly creating a whole new secondary market for these toys isn't fun.
>>
>>385983674
Is it really? This is what I've been waiting for. Now I can keep my amiibo figures sealed and use these cards for gameplay.
>>
>>385983753
I believe it's this.

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/amiibo-action-replay-powersaves/127307
>>
>refuse to buy any game with Amiibo content
>every game worth playing has Amiibo shit tacked on
fug, I haven't bought a Nintendo game in years...
>>
>>385983987
I'd rather buy the cards than have to buy a amiibo and that power save, alter the amiibo, and then forget about the amiibo that was changed and then get pissed when it doesn't work as intended.
>>
>>385983320
lol why is gamestop selling this, I guess before they go bankrupt they're trying to get at the last piece of the market they can take advantage of

The one I saw before was different, I think it was just a circle with the smash bros symbol on it.
>>
>>385984204
oh and it doesn't do the same thing, it's just adjusts the state of amiibos you already have, the one i'm talking about actually acts as a stand in for amiibo's, you tap it on a system and it acts as one, except it can hold a bunch and download and swap new ones.
>>
>>385984203
That's what the power tags are for. I wouldn't use the device with an actual amiibo myself.
>>
>>385984203
what the guy above me said, you don't use an amiibo, it comes packaged with a single tag you can put amiibo data on
>>
>>385984590
Didn't know that. Might actually consider picking one up then.
>>
>>385984810
just make sure if you do grab one that it actually says on the box it comes with a power tag, otherwise you'd need to spend another 10 bucks to get 3 of them

I think this is a better option than using 3DS amiibo generation (which is in the works) since it also lets you use them on wii u/switch, but if you have an android phone you're probably better off just writing NFC that way
>>
The cards aren't made by Nintendo. They're made by scalpers
>>
>>385984150
Exactly how I feel. It's why I'm looking at the cards at the moment.
>>
Wait when the fuck did this happen? I only remember that Mario sports game getting cards and the Dark Mewtwo card for Pokken
>>
>>385987926
They're not made by Nintendo. They're made by people who are trying to make a quick buck. Google legend of Zelda amiibo cards.
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
>>385984321
alright I fround it, this thing, it's about $40-$50 bucks on ebay, between Fire Emblem, Zelda and now Metroid I think I'm just going to get one so I can get some more out of these games i'm buying
>>
>>385989996
Mind posting the name of it. Or at least the link
>>
>>385983984
You and me friend.
>>
>>385983126
>30-40 each
What country do you live in?
>>
>>385990914
the name is right there in the middle of the picture in giant bold surounded by little colorized triangles for accent you mong
>>
>mfw own about 20 amiibo
>don't own any nintendo console that supports them

theyre cute and nostalgic and surprisingly good quality for how cheap they are
>>
File: ntag215.png (461KB, 1200x723px) Image search: [Google]
ntag215.png
461KB, 1200x723px
>>385983126
It's cheaper to make your own than to buy each card already made for $6-8 each.
>>
>>385983126
Source on Zelda amiibo cards?
>>
>>385985809
>scalpers
a scalper buys an item to resell at a higher price, the word you're looking for is bootlegger because it has the same function but isn't official
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.