[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know that 'gaming headsets' are a fucking meme, so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: 81RMoKinLJL._SL1500_.jpg (148KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81RMoKinLJL._SL1500_.jpg
148KB, 1500x1500px
I know that 'gaming headsets' are a fucking meme, so can one of you fine /v/ users please recommend me some headphones that aren't completely shit, with good sound quality and comfort?

What headphones do you guys use?
>>
File: Sennheiser-RS-170_P_1200[1].jpg (129KB, 869x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Sennheiser-RS-170_P_1200[1].jpg
129KB, 869x1200px
Sennheiser wireless headphones, pic related except I replaced the fake leather earpads for fake velour. It's hard to find good wireless headphones so I'll be boned the day they die
>>
>>385977245
Those look nice as fuck but are almost 6/7 years old. Anything more modern you've had your eye on?
>>
>>385977553
Nope, I don't even know if the recent Sennheiser stuff has the same quality but these have good battery life and I've worn them for over 10 hours without discomfort. Only problem is sweating in the summer, and I feel like I could break them really easily but it hasn't happened
>>
>>385976767
HD 558.
>>
File: Sony-MDR-1R.jpg (151KB, 1200x679px) Image search: [Google]
Sony-MDR-1R.jpg
151KB, 1200x679px
>>385976767
There are only two options you should take:
1) The cheapest possible non-shit "gamer" headset to make ends meet until you can afford the next option 2.
2) More expensive mid-range headphones from a real company.

For (1) I recommend HyperX's under-$100 line. Be it Stinger or Cloud2 ($50 and $70 respectively). Very comfy, utilitarian with no unwanted shit to mark up the price like 8 different mute buttons and LEDs., and good enough sound.

For (2) you can pick up any Sennheiser, Audio-Technica, Sony, etc. headphones depending on the money you want to spend. Just be sure to avoid Sennheiser's HD555 line (and ANY headphones that use that chassis, that look like it) since they literally break very easily due to their brittle plastic construction and poor design (the audio is amazing, but they will break, I have learned that lesson twice).

Personally for the past 4 years I've been using Sony's MDR-1R and felt no need whatsoever to get new ones yet. The build quality is very good and they are one of the slimmest over-the-ear headphones, so taking them outside isn't awkward at all.

Btw if you go with option (2) just be aware that most headphoens do not have integrated mics, so you have to buy one (Zalman is a good start), that being said my Sony's have a cable mic so I got lucky.
>>
>>385980441
Thank you for the detailed and informative post.

After doing a bit more research - I'm tempted to pic up the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro & a ModMic 5. I'll buy a snowball yeti in a couple weeks, or a better studio mic for streaming.
>>
File: 1500943648451 (1).jpg (88KB, 554x768px) Image search: [Google]
1500943648451 (1).jpg
88KB, 554x768px
i have a pair of kingston hyperx cloud headphones, they're real nice but they have no sidetoning whatsoever (they're also noise cancelling so what the fuck), how can i monitor my microphone?
>>
>>385980596
I've been out of the Headphone-searchin' game for a while, but IIRC a lot of Beyerdynamic's have high impedance, meaning that if your model has, for example, 250Ohms your phone or PS4/Xbone controller will probably not supply enough power to "run" them. I _think_ you'll be fine if you plug them into your PC, but just to be safe look into AMPs too. FiiO makes cheap (good) ones, if you ever want to use your headphones on phones/consoles.
>>
>>385976767
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826138190
+
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4P05JJ8961

or

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LDTRJG4
>>
M40x is fucking great. Try them out.
>>
File: g213-prodigy-gaming-headset.jpg (40KB, 438x215px) Image search: [Google]
g213-prodigy-gaming-headset.jpg
40KB, 438x215px
>>385976767
Logitech G231 are the ones that I use, if it weren't for the stupid orange on the headset they could pass for regular head phones. They work really nice and you can find them for like 30 - 50 $
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.