[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good Controls: DaS 2 | Demon Souls. Bad Controls: BB | DaS 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: DaS btfo.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
DaS btfo.webm
3MB, 800x450px
Good Controls: DaS 2 | Demon Souls.
Bad Controls: BB | DaS 1 | DaS 3

Controls are the fundamental framework for a video game, therefore if a game has bad controls than all of the extraneous shit ( Aesthetics, Mechanics, Sound, Narrative) have no lasting impression and is bad as result.

DaS 1 / 3 & BB all have fast and responsive (too much) controls, which is out of place for a slow methodical pace that the SoulsBorne series is known for. The games are bad as a result, in the context of the whole Soulsborne series.

This is an objective fast
>>
>Demon's Souls
>slow

Demon's Souls probably the fastest out of all of them pre-Bloodborne nigga. That and Dark Souls established the pace, Dark Souls 2 was the outlier.
>>
>>385976370
>slow methodical pace
Yeah but not slow ass which is DaS2. Also, DeS was fast.
>that the SoulsBorne series is known for
>Borne
Since when was Bloodborne supposed to be slow? It was always advertised as faster paced.
DaS2 is literally the only slow clunky piece of shit in the series.
>>
>>385976778
This is just such an odd argument to make. I remember people complaining a little bit about Dark Souls slowing things down a little bit, even.
>>
>>385976370
wat sword is that in DaS1?
>>
>people will take OP at face value
I just don't get it
>>
>>385977180
>complaining a little bit about Dark Souls slowing things down
Me and two of my friends reacted a little negatively. I eventually got used to it though but I stick with the fast roll always. To this day the normal roll feels too clunky to me.
>>
>>385977669
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-k2Rtb1aY8

The interesting thing is a lot of it isn't even how it plays out when you compare things side by side. Demon's Souls feels far faster than Dark Souls to me initially, but the animations in Dark Souls finish faster most of the time.

Conversely, Dark Souls 2 isn't as slow as it feels, but because of the delay between the animation finishing visually and the next time you can do an action, it ends up feeling like clunky garbage.
>>
>>385976370
Again, people are just hating on Dark Souls 2 because it evens the playing field between enemies and players.
>>
>>385976370
the webm you posted is working against your argument, dumbshit

>DaS1/3 & BB have responsive controls and somehow thats a bad thing
fuck off retard
>>
>>385978069
The biggest flaw of DaS2 is the mocap. No one wants to play as some fat jap slowly swinging around toys trying to imitate powerful attacks. The game was fucked from when that decision was made.
>>
>>385977373
http://darksouls.wikidot.com/dragon-greatsword
>>
>>385976370
>>people will take OP at face value
>I just don't get it
??? What is there to take at face value? Everything I said was correct and the sentences were syntactically rich.
>>
>>385980476
Meant for >>385977501
>>
File: IMG_5466.jpg (23KB, 200x224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5466.jpg
23KB, 200x224px
>>385976370
>an objective fast
>>
How often do you make these DS2 threads man?

You spend so much time shitting up the general as is
>>
>>385980476
No one making a thread saying responsive controls are bad should get any replies
>this 'series' is known for clunky controls like these 2 games and not these other 3
You do see why you're a fucking idiot right?
>>
>>385980890
This the first time I've constructed a thread of such... I just thought that the hate that it gets is undeserved and strawmen
>>
File: fug.png (283KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
283KB, 500x362px
Clunky controls != good controls
Also, having to level adp/atn to get a non-shitty roll is fucking retarded
>>
>>385976370
>DaS2
>good controls

thas sum funneh trole mah mang xD
>>
>>385981385
It's definitely not strawmen. It's the popular opinion, and for a reason. DaSII's clunky controls disgust me. They're the one thing so unpalatable that I have difficulty replaying the game, even acknowledging all its strengths and breadth of content. Also, I recently replayed DeS and its controls are more comparable to DaS1, so I dunno what you mean there.
>>
>>385981995
>Its popular opinion
>DaS II controls disgust me
Definitely the popular opinion mate yep

The controls are clunky because the adventure of the dungeon crawler is a slow methodical process. DaS 1 and 3 feels too gamey and less immersive
>>
>>385976370
I'm actually sad that this is probably not bait.
>>
>>385984005
>le disagree is bait
Stop going on /v/ and develop your own opinion
>>
>>385984332
You have no opinion.

You are a brainwashed child, get help.
>>
>>385978864
this
>>
>>385983196
Now this is real new-age trolling. 7/10
>>
File: 1500393510953.png (255KB, 365x362px) Image search: [Google]
1500393510953.png
255KB, 365x362px
>>385978251
HOLY FUCK

Are you in EVERY Dark Souls thread saying the SAME things!? Lmfao
>>
>>385984332
>If you think someone is joking when they say that responsive controls are bad then you don't have your own opinion
>>
>>385984392
You're gaslighted by /v/ to believe anything else
>>
>DaS2
>good controls
>can't even attack in the direction I want after rolling
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.