[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The best MMO on the market right now is a Final Fantasy JRPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 526
Thread images: 89

>The best MMO on the market right now is a Final Fantasy JRPG

How did Square Enix pull it off?
>>
because weebs
>>
>>385975086
ffxiv is not even weeb. heavensward had a ton of western influence, stormblood is literally full of black people.
>>
How do you define "the best" ?

No please, tell me. I'm curious.
>>
>>385975168
Stormblood is mostly weeb, though
>>
>>385975074
Everyone else stopped making MMOs in favor of mobile games and MOBAs. Not that difficult to be the best when there's nobody else around.

When will Square Enix release a MOBA?
>>
That's not legion though
>>
Dead genre and dead game
>>
>>385975252
only for 1 section of doma/kugane, ala mhigo and shiet is not weeb at all.
>>
I think everyone is well aware that the greatest MMO, even in its' darkest hours, is World of Warcraft

FF is good. But hasn't done anything notable to exceed WoW and become something greater
>>
>>385975201
Name 1 MMO or MMO expansion released in 2017 that got higher review scores than Stormblood or more active players.
>>
>>385975314
legion is dead
>>
File: 1312573.gif (960KB, 488x275px) Image search: [Google]
1312573.gif
960KB, 488x275px
>FF XIV
>mfw when Black Desert has more players
>>
>>385975583
>player numbers and reviews make a game good

Hey buddy, I played Stormblood myself but right now after you finished savage deltascape there is literally nothing to do.
Yes, it's enough to keep you busy for a month, two as a new player.

But I already grew tired of it. Same with Legion, before you call out the "WOW BABBY" card.
>>
>>385975896
It's not hard to have more bots when you're free to play and buy to play for dirt cheap
>>
is this our thread
>>
Is crit and det the new meta for healers or is SS still the best for healers?
>>
>>385975667
Sure it is friend, FFXIV was the WoW killer all along huh
>>
>try to sell something that doesnt have a huge market
>15 other retards suddenly come out of no where to undercut each other under me
>if i try to go lower, 15 more retards jump in and ruin the market
>this happens with every fucking item i try

HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO MAKE GIL

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE REEEEEEEE
>>
>>385975964
Congratulations on completing a long jrpg. Now sell all your gil for money.
>>
>>385975315

Pretty much this.

Garbage graphics
Invisible wall everywhere
click-to-teleport-everywhere

meh
>>
>>385975074
by making a good game. if it wasn't good, it wouldn't sell or be discussed here years after its release. plain and simple.
>>
Bravely Default content when? Fuck Ivalice, that shit's old and busted.
>>
>>385976360
You want content with all lalafell characters?
>>
>Summoner still has the problem where you can't instantly hit Fester after applying DoTs cause you have to wait like a second for the DoTs to register

Why does this still exist
>>
>>385976035
yes this is the containment thread
>>
>>385976676
thats lag on your connection
>>
>>385976129
Quality > Quantity
>>
>>385976818
It really isn't, I have less than 100ms ping, usually 30-50
>>
>>385976146
Just buy gil, goy :^)
>>
>>385977010
do a traceroute, there will be a route your connection goes through that's not 100ms. that's the bottleneck.
>>
What has the better story, world and music: XI or XIV?
>>
File: 1494841280851.png (2MB, 843x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494841280851.png
2MB, 843x1024px
>still getting login queues 6 weeks out
I'm honestly shocked.
>>
STOP JOINING O3S PUGS IF YOUR DPS IS SHIT AND/OR YOU CAN'T DO MECHANICS.

FUCK.
>>
how long is HS? i just did Sohm Al, i'm here forever aren't i?
>>
>>385977268
>HS
And it's shorter than ARR that's for sure
>>
>>385977215
XI has better story but that's because they had over a decade to flesh it out.

XIV has a more detailed world obviously due to modern hardware, XI is based on 2002 limitations and now the game is dead the world is a huge awkward ghost town.

Music is subjective to a persons taste.
>>
>>385977256
>japanese networking and databasing infrastructure is absolute dogshit
>i'm shocked

why? they are famous for it.
>>
File: 1496951144913.jpg (549KB, 1200x924px) Image search: [Google]
1496951144913.jpg
549KB, 1200x924px
>nothing to do endgamewise except for banging your dick against the wall in savage raiding for your weekly clear
>Yoshi says that this is because you're supposed to go play other games instead of his game
I'm a little upset at this company desu
>>
File: smug.jpg (36KB, 337x396px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
36KB, 337x396px
>>385977258
You're going to carry me and like it.
>>
>>385977440
I like it this way. My time isn't completely consumed by FFXIV and I can play other games with others
>>
>>385977440
what would you like to do endgamewise then? elaborate with details that are reasonable for the 3 month patch cycle
>>
Does DH affect the dot ticks, because I heard that DH doesn't affect dot ticks?
>>
>>385977258
t. Healer not dpsing
>>
>>385975074
Probably by focusing on having a good community and a story that doesn't sound like it's written by a middle school kid

I mean let's be honest, it's not like there's anything mechanically or gameplay wise that is difficult in MMOs
>>
>>385977440
I like being the target audience for once
>>
>>385977407
>>385977256
You guys do realize that they purposely keep their servers with queue to avoid the ghost town problem of WoW right?
>>
>>385976146
buy them out and relist it you stupid goyim
>>
>>385977782
character creation queues and server login queues are two different things.
>>
>>385977440
I mean isn't that what Blizz does? It's not like even the hardest content isn't cleared within weeks of release, and all the other more casual players just bang their dick against it repeatedly until they win
part of the reason xiv is successful is that the game starts before max level. wow before max is basically filler where nothing happens

also they don't let you skip content. Every single player that gets to stormblood has cleared every single dungeon and raid of the previous expansions. WoW you just farm bullshit quests and skips 90% of the raids, dungeons, stories, etc. of previous expansions
>>
>>385977695

>it's not like there's anything mechanically or gameplay wise that is difficult in MMOs

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:iNvCGW226ZMJ:solitude.guildwork.com/_/a8s+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
>>
>>385977440
I don't see a problem with this. By the time you reach the real endgame, you would have invested more than hundreds of hours into one character. That's enough for the average person already.

Must be shitty for NEETs though who use MMOs as a second life because they can't get their real life together.
>>
>>385977876
there's a queue everytime I log on. Granted it's only like 1-10 minutes but I don't find most players mind. Especially when compared to the empty server problems wow has. The game feels dead despite having twice as many players in NA
>>
>>385978081
what server
>>
>>385977959
>. Every single player that gets to stormblood has cleared every single dungeon and raid of the previous expansions.
?
I got to HW without ever touching BCoB.
>>
File: 1501419930462.png (483KB, 569x700px) Image search: [Google]
1501419930462.png
483KB, 569x700px
>>385978175
Not him but I get constant login queues on Tonberry unless I'm on at a weird time like 10am on a Monday
>>
>>385978285
last I heard tonberry is dead, but that was during heavensward dunno about now.
>>
>>385978059
it's ironic because xiv has way more content outside raiding than wow that the neets don't care about. they just want another raid and dungeon to grind endlessly

I think the world's best guild in wow cleared the last raid ToS after wiping literally over 700 times. How anyone enjoys that is beyond me, sounds like a literal mental disorder
>>
>>385978308
I think it's the most popular Asian server last time I checked and often congested and locked off from character creation
>>
>>385978175
Behemoth is mine, it's always got a queue. Very rarely it won't. It's always at max capacity
>>
File: 9cRh5np.png (16KB, 804x453px) Image search: [Google]
9cRh5np.png
16KB, 804x453px
>>385977676
I hope you're not playing Summoner
>>
What are some tips for non-E RP? How do I make the character (elezen) sound interesting without being a donut steel?
>>
>>385978409
It is the most popular server from pre Stormblood stats
>>
>>385977616
I could get behind this if there wasn't a sub fee.

>385977638
More overworld content, and a challenging overworld in general would be a nice start. I'd love it if there was actually a point to all those monsters dotting the landscape.
More interesting FATEs instead of being shit you completely ignore.

The content drought is a problem with all theme parks that rely on linear instanced content but they have this huge overworld they just don't do anything with once you've walked through there on the MSQ route.
>>
>>385978475
Are you talking about picking a name?
>>
>>385978059
they really designed the game well with a ton of content. Between levees, fates, dungeons, guildhiests, leveling your companion, then combining all of those into a challenge mod that resets weekly and then that spawns random enlistment into your squadron

Anyone just joining the game is going to have a shit load to do. I mean fuck people grind the relic weapons.

Also xiv doesn't get the credit it deserves for having an amazing crafting system.
>>
>>385978475
Start with a background that's something like being a poor kid from the Ishgard slums that wanted more in life and struck out to be an adventurer
It's grounded enough that you won't make everyone cringe and justifies why your character is out and about and has plenty of room to grow into other stories
>>
>>385978651
I'm talking about rping, but not erping.
>>
>>385975964
Maybe its because I'm juggling playing other games and have other things to do with my life, but its taken me a month and a half to get through ARR. Took some time off from story to grind a class or two up to where my quests were, though.

And I haven't touched all the other autistic time sinks in the game, like gathering or crafting or Golden Saucer bullshot.
>>
>>385978738
>but its taken me a month and a half to get through ARR.
>tfw beat ARR in the span of a week and a half, with 5 days logged in-game
>>
File: free kupo nuts.png (248KB, 875x949px) Image search: [Google]
free kupo nuts.png
248KB, 875x949px
>>385978175
Zalera here, I get half minute queues every weeknight after 5 and two or three minute queues constantly over the weekend. Nothing to complain about, but compared to pre-SB with the low-pop boom it's still pretty weird.
>>
>>385978605
>more content
>make it interesting
>doesnt specify how, or even what's interesting to him
Congratulations, your post was as worthless as people that ramble about "meaningful" progression
>>
>>385978738
got to 50 after two months of ARR with most of it being on my main. I've spent the last 3-4 weeks grinding out grafting and doing general challenge log shit. It's great.
Also anyone actually love the pvp in this game now? Revamping it to make everyone identical with gear only being cosmetic was such a good idea.
>>
>>385978605
>t. Someone that hasn't leveled a single crafter
>t. Someone that doesn't do pvp
>t. Someone that doesn't have a house
>>
File: 1497228419013.png (856KB, 736x672px) Image search: [Google]
1497228419013.png
856KB, 736x672px
>got cucked into selling Extreme Primals to good goy gil buyer's to buy a mansion for my static's FC when housing was first released
>they get 1st ward of the Goblet
>end up quitting
>come back for Stormblood and it's gone now
>>
>>385978714
>then combining all of those into a challenge mod that resets weekly and then that spawns random enlistment into your squadron

whats this?

also im a bit worried about this PotD thing, it seems like excessively easy and abundant XP that is keeping people out of roulette, etc. not very helpful to new players trying to clear when everyone just goes to PotD instead of doing actual content.
>>
I wish they had "filled up" Yanxia more. There's so much you could do with fantasy China, but it didn't happen.
>>
>>385978175
I'm on Cactaur, there's almost always a queue, morning or night, unless its like 3am
NN is almost constantly full as well
>>
>>385978714
Dungeons are the only things from that list I would call content. Like, really? Squadrons and fates? The fate system has been harped on for being mindless boring shit for two full games and they've done nothing to spice them up in Stormblood. Squadrons have always been pointless farmville garbage with no rewards to it.
>>
>>385978315

FF14's first raid took several months to be cleared, and was only ever cleared by one group before it got nerfed.

Heavensward's first raid took over 3 weeks to be cleared too by groups playing 10 hours a day, I'm pretty sure that's more than 700 wipes.
>>
>>385978963
XIV. PvP is underrated
>>
>>385979090
That's why you get mentors
>>
>>385975371
And the former clearly is the the focus in this expansion. Liberating sand nigger lands is just the end goal for the story.
>>
>>385979090
When you hit a high enough rank in your Grand Company, you unlock Adventurer Squads, which go off and do things and come back with drops, and have their own stats and progression and stuff. You "unlock" new recruits by completing Challenge Log objectives, which refresh every Tuesday.

PoTD hasn't really impacted my low level queue times. Healer and tank queues are still nigh instant, DPS queues are 10-20 minutes but you go and do other things in the meantime. Its a convenient way to grind out a level in 15 to 20 minutes but good lord is it soul crushing to do repeatedly.
>>
>>385979090
Potd spam is for DPS classes pre level 60 that have the armoury bonus. It's faster to level through dungeon spam if queue times are short (healer/tank) and past level 60.

Also, Roulette is the best thing about FFXIV
>>
>>385978175
Excalibur here, usually get ~10 people in queue. Before Stormblood, there were no queues though.
>>
>>385978605
>More overworld content
like what? provide details.
>challenging overworld in general would be a nice start. I'd love it if there was actually a point to all those monsters dotting the landscape.
so you want every regular mob to be hunts instead but with more HP?
>More interesting FATEs instead of being shit you completely ignore.
elaborate. what's the difference between a interesting fate and a shitty fate
>>
>>385979165
I mean I cleared Twintania in 2.0, but that was after the instance underwent like 2 weeks of maintenance and they fixed Twisters.
>>
>>385979090
You unlock grand company squadrons at 50 if your grand company rank is high enough, completing challenge log entries had a chance to have new npc recruits show up to add to your squad and you send them out on little missions and they can bring some stuff back for you depending on their team chemistry, they've also talked about letting you use them as party members at some point
As for potd it only keeps some dps players out of roulette and even then your daily level roulette bonus gives you several potd runs worth of xp so people still do it all the time, tanks and healers are easier to level through normal dungeons as well since they have a shorter queue time
>>
>>385975074
Because nobody else even tried
>>
>>385976224

The invisible walls and teleporting everywhere really got to me. Takes away any immersion of being in a world

>play ye olde WoW
>wait at docks for boat/zeppelin
>people slowly join you in waiting
>talk to them
>maybe make a new friend
>boat finally arives

You cant even ride a fucking elevator in this game without it just being teleportation between two different floors
>>
>>385978605

There's lots of interesting FATEs, you are the one ignoring them and missing out.

Azim Steppes has a chain of 13 FATEs telling a single story, for example.
>>
>finally got a Susan clear today

Granted I'd only tried once before but was nice to finally get that out of the way. Now I can get carried in farms.
>>
>tfw no more queues on balmung

guess more people left than anticipated
>>
>>385979478

They didn't "fix" twister, they nerfed them. The group that did clear before the nerf confirmed they could handle twister with no errors after figuring out exactly how.
>>
>>385975074
By taking zero risks in their second attempt, trying absolutely nothing new, and making the game as accessible as possible.
>>
>>385977258
>make sure everyone pops food
>actually decide to see what food people use
>all the party using shit food that doesn't even have double digits

fucking cunts.
>>
>>385979528
>Azim Steppes has a chain of 13 FATEs telling a single story, for example.
Can't believe I did all of that for a banner for a house I don't own yet
There was a huge crowd of people doing it along with me though so I missed a lot of npc dialog due to people blocking them, what's the story about?
>>
>>385978440
I can't read nip. What am I looking at?
>>
>>385975583
Sword Art Online (2022) will beat it in reviews, trap all the players in the game and declare it a death game and the reviewers will not even know that the game is buggy as hell
>>
>>385979514
when I used to play TBC WoW in 2007, that wasn't my experience it all. it went like this.

>wait at docks for boat at 11pm
>nobody fucking there because all the old zones are dead thanks to new expansion
>have to wait almost 10 minutes for the boat to arrive, couldn't alt-tab at the time because game client would crash nvidia driver so had to pace back and forth
>boat finally arrives
>only 1 person on the boat but they're AFK
>have to wait 5 minutes for boat to take off again
>boat is not even a real boat ride, it rides for 20 seconds then initiates a loading screen to teleport you across the world
>finally arrive to destination
>all without seeing a single soul
>>
File: 1495635196359.gif (539KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1495635196359.gif
539KB, 500x282px
>>385978894
Okay just for you
FATEs are really boring. They're like the public quest system from WAR minus any sort of difficulty or scripting and the vast, vast majority of them don't give so much as a cosmetic item as a reward. How would I make it more interesting? Something like the sahagin siege on the tidegate in La Noscea, except with actual dangerous enemies and perhaps zone wide consequences or benefits depending on your success. Just an idea.
I would like monsters in general to be more than pointless, pathetically weak clutter that dot the landscape and occasionally cast Heavy on you. Making the overworld dangerous helps to bring it to life. Yoshi described in an interview that he wanted to make the overworld much more dangerous in HW than it was in ARR, so that actually autorunning off the road could result in death, but never followed through with it and you can AFK walk through hordes of dragons just as easily as you can through herds of La Noscean sheep.
>>
>>385979514
On the other hand I lament the loss of those little world details, and on the other hand I think they're just a relic that people look back on with undue nostalgia. As much as older games pushed the experience of being a town tree and just chatting, modern gamers are so flooded with things to do that sitting around waiting for a boat to arrive seems like a tremendous waste of my time. That's not engaging or immersive, that's "I'm gonna tab out and read /v/ for fifteen minutes while I wait for the boat, and tab in periodically."

WoW sort of made the boats work by having the overworld be legitimately dangerous for lower and mid level characters, but most of the time travelling is just boring, not immersive.
>>
File: Ala Mhigo1.jpg (445KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ala Mhigo1.jpg
445KB, 1920x1080px
>>385979102
You can say that about any post ARR zones. People bitched and bitched about how small ARR zones where, but they were packed. Frankly, I prefer them half the time. But HW and SB zones have their charm, too.
>>
>>385979876
No, fuck off. that makes it a pain in the ass to get leather
>>
>>385979187
>>385978963
Fucking love PVP now. Well, a lot more than before. Just wish it wasn't always shatter.
>>
File: chuckle.jpg (57KB, 545x517px) Image search: [Google]
chuckle.jpg
57KB, 545x517px
>>385979603
>Now I can get carried in farms.
>>
File: 54bcf7dd0ae74.jpg (165KB, 570x378px) Image search: [Google]
54bcf7dd0ae74.jpg
165KB, 570x378px
>>385979678
>>
File: 20170802031332_1.jpg (466KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20170802031332_1.jpg
466KB, 1080x1920px
>>385978475
Embracing being fabulous as fuck as an Elezen is the first step in the right direction for sure.
>>
>>385979815
percentage of classes represented in parses uploaded to fflogs for each raid tier.

so, look at Omega O4S column
>>
>>385979876
>Making the overworld dangerous helps to bring it to life.
diadem proved this wrong. place is littered with notorious monsters that will slap your shit solo or unprepared. people stopped going there after 2 weeks.
>>
>>385979876
>elaborate
>d-d-dangerous enemies
Bumping up stats is lazy and stupid and does not make the world more alive
Do you think that everything should be a hp sponge making all trave a pain in the ass of slowly killing mobs for an hour to clear your path just to walk from one end of the shroud to the other
Try again, tell me about interesting mechanics or fates giving rewards or having an over arching story between multiple fates, wait, they already do those last two
>>
>>385980028
What if enemy rewards scaled with their difficulty?
>>
>>385980375
even fucking worse
your ideas are just as garbage as you are
>>
>>385980375
what rewards would they offer for a level 70 player? if the rewards are too good then you upset the balance of the economy or gear progression, if the rewards are too shit then people don't bother at all.
>>
>>385980028
>>385980252
>>385980287
Why are you guys so mad?
>>
>>385975074
You mean a dragon quest one
>>
File: IMG_0155.png (192KB, 362x507px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0155.png
192KB, 362x507px
>>385980527
>people respond and disagree
>they must be mad!
>>
>>385980287
>slowly killing mobs for an hour to clear your path just to walk from one end of the shroud to the other
If you need such an outrageous hyperbole to support your argument then you don't have one. Monsters that pose a threat to a traveling player is not a revolutionary concept, in fact it used to be a standard. You act like you're being personally attacked because someone wants to see some minor improvement in a game.
>>
File: really.png (457KB, 600x539px) Image search: [Google]
really.png
457KB, 600x539px
>>385980597
>guys give his opinion
>What the fuck that's retarded kill yourself you fucking moron
>>
>>385980527
>his ideas get btfo
>w-w-why are you mad
>>
File: viper.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
viper.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
How about the game started off with a vertical progression system then when you reach the endgame it turns into horizontal progression?
>>
>>385980697
Not him m8.

Besides you didn't prove anything other than you're a whiny casual bitch
>>
>>385979714
>using food for progression
lol it's not like you're gonna see enrage anyway, it literally doesn't make a difference
>>
File: 1499722700148.gif (2MB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
1499722700148.gif
2MB, 250x249px
Which class is more fun /v/, SAM or RDM ?
>>
>>385980853
RDM is really, really simple but I love its dynamic playstyle.
>>
>>385980665
If it isn't time consuming wheres the challenge, you're complaining but it's just revealing even more flaws in the idea
Explain how you would make the over world dangerous to travel in a way that wouldn't also increase travel times
>>
>>385980665
That's the Skyrim audience for you. Everything should be streamlined so a casual can get through without any problems.
>>
>>385980796
>Not him m8.
Yeah
Sure
>>
>>385980853
SAM has more stuff to keep you occupied which is fun for me
>>
>>385975074
By being the only competent competitor.
>>
>>385980796
>point out the obvious flaws
>y-youre casual
You sure are dick riding and defending bad ideas really hard for not being that guy
>>
>>385981012
Have you never played a single RPG in your life or are you just retarded?
>area has high level monsters that are too strong for you
>sign that you should avoid it until later
>come back later when you are appropriately strong enough
>explore to your heart's content
It's much more immersive than whatever bullshit you're spouting.
>>
>>385980204
That's what I thought. I'm going to assume the picture you posted is an indication that smn dots ticks aren't affected by DH? Or that smn just that bad of a job.
>>
File: yugiri3.jpg (88KB, 842x802px) Image search: [Google]
yugiri3.jpg
88KB, 842x802px
>summer event will just be some decorations, NPC dialogue, and a single quest, not even a questline, with a reward
>>
>>385981180
No I'm just not a mouth-breathing moron like you.
>>
File: tanking a dungeon blind.jpg (125KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
tanking a dungeon blind.jpg
125KB, 1024x577px
>unlock Baelsar's Wall
>don't feel like fucking around with a new dungeon this late since I still need to do my roulette's before bed
>get to 50-60 roulette
>Baelsar's Wall
Shouldn't even be surprised, but I am.
>>
>>385975074
For those playing it, is Albion any good at all or is it a b2p + p2w cash shop jewfest?
>>
>>385981201
>Area has higher level monsters so come back later
So exactly what the game is doing right now
You really are a retard
>>
>>385981012
>how you would make the over world dangerous to travel in a way that wouldn't also increase travel times
by blocking peoples paths with elite tier monsters. if you want to access this specific quest, you need to form a group to take down this monster. the geared out people can solo it, but the people who are still progressing through the story must cooperate together. not a outlandish concept.
>>
>>385981291
>not a mouth breathing moron
>defending bad and vaguely formed ideas
Pick one
>>
>>385981392
Yeah it sure is hard to sprint through 90% of the random encounters. Fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1487043522900.png (38KB, 1123x434px) Image search: [Google]
1487043522900.png
38KB, 1123x434px
>>385975583
>or more active players.
You mean less than half a million with over a third in Japan alone?

Pretty much every no-name korean/chinese grindan MMO you never heard about can boast the same amount of monthly active users.
>>
File: lyse fair.jpg (703KB, 2738x3570px) Image search: [Google]
lyse fair.jpg
703KB, 2738x3570px
>have enjoyed FATES since ARR
>the little lore and stories they'd give
>the FATE trains with dozens of other players
>been deader than dead for leveling since 2.x ended
>>
File: 47218[1].jpg (29KB, 215x300px) Image search: [Google]
47218[1].jpg
29KB, 215x300px
>>385981012
Enemies should be obstacles in the way of reaching your goal. Where are you even traveling? Most games would make the roads relatively safe, whereas if you went off the road to reach some quest objective or resource you'd have to fight or avoid enemies who could slap your shit small groups.

Like again, not an insane concept. It's been done and was the standard before.
>>
>>385981010
>>385980853

i appreciate simple classes. i played WHM in ARR so that says it all i suppose. i was never one for like, oldschool WoW warlock, tracking all those timers and snapshotting buffs, etc.

backflipping and corps-a-corping around through AoE circles and shit does feel pretty fucking animé whilst the actual rotation/priority is simple as shit. i was a career RDM in FFXI so i have a connection with the class, even though this one has zero connection to typical FF red mage - apart from the sweet hat.

i'm down with it personally but i imagine most people will prefer SAM. glorious nippon steel and big dick melee DPS.
>>
>>385981392
You can literally sprint through an entire imperial castrum without losing any health
>>
>>385981530
464k active subscribers at level 60 or higher is a lot of people, that census doesn't count pre HW people. $15 times 464k is almost 7 million a month SE is pulling in from the sub fee alone.
>>
>>385981461
>make over world dangerous without increasing travel times
>here's my idea that makes you wait around or go grind to get passed, it's not even mechanically interesting it's just a big hp sponge
This is why people are mocking your ideas
>>
>>385978175
Balmung here (not a rpg fag)

Thank god for those server resets. Jesus having those 2 to 4 thousand person queues. Now it's 10 to 30.
>>
All MMOs are bad casual experiences
>>
>>385981486
>bad idea
No it's not
>>
>>385981593
the game already has obstacle enemies, they're called hunts. they sometimes block paths to quests and instantly aggro to any low level player and one shot them.
>>
>>385981510
>>385981593
>>385981684
>all one minute apart
Make it less obvious, your idea is bad and you lose, take some time to reflect on it and yourself and next time you make a suggestion think about it from all perspectives instead of spouting buzzwords
>>
>>385975979
>my face when when
A BDO player and a retard, what a coincidence.
>>
>>385976146
rip Doman Iron Ore. You were too good for this world. f.
>>
>>385981250
theyve been lazy and half assed for years now
>>
>that sad realization when FFXI is more casual and lonely than ARR now
>>
>>385981797
Are you some kind of retard? That is so vastly removed from the subject I don't know where to start.
Everyone's talking about the common monster that covers a zone being weak and pointless, and you come in and say, "Oh well on very rare occasions a max level Hunt monster might be sitting near a quest destination." How many hunts are even aggressive? How many of those AGGRESSIVE hunts have a spawn point on an important quest spot?
Lastly what the fuck does that have to do with what is being discussed at all?
>>
>>385979117

Don't you know "The trick", to avoid queues?

I'm on Cocktuar too and I always avoid them, except like back when SB released for the first two days.
>>
File: faggot.png (46KB, 1470x864px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
46KB, 1470x864px
>>385981918
>s-samefag!
>>
>>385981695
I'm not saying it's not a lot nor that XIV is dead or anything.

But it's far from being as crazy as what most shills believe. Some people still ate up the whole "5 millions active players" crap when they were talking about accounts created.

No MMOs has 5M DAU anymore. WoW was the only exception who managed to get that high and it was thanks to China.

XIV decent number are also there thanks to Japan where the competition is non-existant. Would be like saying how Lineage is extremely famous due to all Korean players...
>>
>>385976146
>drop 10 stacks of stuff
>start to sell another stuff immediately after and notice 20 people already undercut me.
Holy shit, this is why economies crash. One item went from 20k to fucking 1500 in a weekend because of the undercutting. I guess with more items are gonna drive Demand and value down but in less than a day? Jesus
>>
File: 1471764062323.jpg (83KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1471764062323.jpg
83KB, 355x369px
>>385981918
>lalala your idea is dumb, you are dumb, and if anyone else joins in they are you who is dumb
My shit's been thwarted again, curse you
>>
>>385982116
>make the world full of dangerous monsters that kill you in 3 hits solo
>game becomes unplayable on dead servers or if you play at 3am
>makes it impossible to gather materials because everything one shots gatherers or people will be more encouraged to teleport hack to nodes
wow
>>
>>385977258
>OUR DPS TOO LOW PLAY BETTER GUYS
>both healers sitting at 300-400 dps each
JUST
>>
>>385982195
>trick
It's barely a trick, its just clicking cancel and then log in again if the number is low, people are in and out all day so in those few seconds usually some space gets made for you
>>
>>385981250
>we'll never have that amazing summer event from 2 or 3 years ago again

God Costa del sol was awesome. Could be more fun with the swimming added
>>
>>385979090
PotD is actually genius because dps queues are always going to be shit, dps get instant queues for PotD
>>
>>385977551
I liberated this fucker
>>
>>385982203
Sure it's not, photoshop isn't easily available and you haven't proven you're autistic enough to use it to desperately prove a point
Oh wait, that wasn't your point In the first place, you're just this upset defending someone else's bad idea right
>>
>>385982381

Well, I've never had to wait with that shit since I had queues of like 1,000 players, and I've been playing all summer.
>>
File: sub to my mmo.jpg (809KB, 3114x3514px) Image search: [Google]
sub to my mmo.jpg
809KB, 3114x3514px
>new dragon quest game is breaking sales records for square enix
>some of that profit is going directly towards ffxiv's next budget
>>
File: 1499832754321.png (357KB, 680x1483px) Image search: [Google]
1499832754321.png
357KB, 680x1483px
>>385982506
>>
File: BIG.jpg (309KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BIG.jpg
309KB, 1920x1080px
Think of the PORN.
>>
>>385982318
I'm genuinely curious if this is your first MMO or something if you think "monster that poses a threat to the average player" directly translates to "impossible god killing abomination".
>>
File: 1357034132705.jpg (363KB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
1357034132705.jpg
363KB, 3000x2250px
>>385982664
We all know it's the legal gambling children's games that make all of SE's money. Just go look at /ffg/.
>>
>>385982569
Just kill yourself already.
>>
>>385982237
i was comfortably selling IV crafting materia at 1m a pop for a few days, no one was undercutting just price matching and they were selling at a pretty fast rate

then for some fucking reason in come the retards and undercut them down to 400 FUCKING K EACH IN THE SPAN OF AN HOUR WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>385982569
Imagine not having an argument this hard
>>
>>385982664
Hold on, are you telling me one of SE's other games is funding 14 now instead of 14 funding all their other projects like before? This is actually some exciting shit if they can really start putting some money into the game.
>>
i'm going to bite the bullet and give this a try. any tips to make the experience more enjoyable?
>>
>>385982731
>"monster that poses a threat to the average player"
name 1 mmo that's alive with retail servers that do this
>>
>>385982748
>k-k-kill yourself
lolno
>>
File: map.jpg (359KB, 1600x1066px)
map.jpg
359KB, 1600x1066px
>>385982956
Isn't the fact that there isn't one right now the entire point?
>>
>>385982902
Ignore these threads. I'm dead serious.
>>
>>385982732

its a shame that RK is the decent one, but BE is the one everyone there plays. terrible artsyle, terrible characters, terrible mechanics, fucking ariana grande.

granblue is actually pretty decent - IF you are down for autism grind worse than any MMORPG.
>>
>>385982664
You mean it's going directly towards FF7 remake, Kingdom Hearts 3, and more FFXV DLC.
>>
File: 1496104251075.jpg (249KB, 1124x508px) Image search: [Google]
1496104251075.jpg
249KB, 1124x508px
>>385982902
Read. And I do mean read. The game explains almost everything if you bother to read it all. Also, free trial up to level 35.
>>
>>385975168
the fan base is literal weebs. just look at the names of the next 10 ppl you pass in game. and they'll have some fucking weebshit name.
>>
>>385982237
>>385982823

Business 101 fuckers, if someone has the same supply you do, all they have to do is lower their sales prices enough to both undercut you and reel in a profit

Sucks there's no patenting lmaoooo
>>
>>385982902
It's basically 3 full games and then some of content. Try not to swallow it all at once.
>>
>>385982902
Don't play a cat, lizard, or lala
Low level play is boring as fuck, especially as a tank, starting as a pugilist or thaumaturge mitigates this somewhat
People are social but you need to take the initiative to get invited to linkshells and free companies
>>
>>385983034
Vanilla WoW overworld was overrated. The mobs were only dangerous if you were severely undergeared or playing a god awful spec (ret paladin). Also if you think about it, the average MMO skill level was much lower in 2004 than it is in 2017. People weren't all about theorycrafting or minmaxing, they were mostly blind about the game world and mechanics. It took years before people figured out how item levels worked.
>>
>>385982381
Does this not work after a certain amount of people in queue?
>>
>>385982902
Don't start out as the Lancer class for the love of god unless you are absolutely sure that you consider yourself a patient person enough so that you would await the payout that level 60+ Dragoon provides, assuming you were interested in the class to begin with
>>
>Finish MSQ
>All I have left to do now is Omega, 3 dungeons which I'm doing just for creation tomes, and level alts/crafters

Am I just missing something? I see people say that there's a ton to do, but I'm not sure I'm seeing it. Not even trying to stir shit, I had an absolute blast before hitting endgame.
>>
>>385983265
You could still get plenty fucked by mobs if you weren't careful which is something I truly appreciated. Gnolls fleeing into a dozen other gnolls comes to mind.
>>
>>385982902
READ MOTHERFUCKER READ
R E A D
E
A
D
also free trial up to level 35 if you haven't had an account before.
>>
As someone playing XIV right now I'd drop it in a second if even 2-3 of my friends agreed to play WoW.
>>
>>385982664

doubt it, stormblood already got $35m alotted til 2019 if the internet is to be believed, which is 3x what heavensward got, but where that money actually went is a mystery. clearly they spent a shitload of it on marketing already
>>
>>385983061
>>385983427
I know it goes up all the way to level 35, but approximately how much content is that in comparison to the full game?
>>
>>385983279
Correct, if there are to many people waiting then the slots won't open fast enough for you to get in instantly
>>
>just completed Baelsars Wall with a Summoner using Emerald Carbuncle
What have just unleashed on the world
>>
File: k.jpg (29KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
29KB, 192x192px
>>385983496
DESU I'd drop either game for the other if 2-3 of my friends would agree to play one of them.
>>
File: the worries.gif (2MB, 400x379px) Image search: [Google]
the worries.gif
2MB, 400x379px
I've never done any raids, or extreme trials for that matter,but the omega stuff is looking kinda interesting.
Any tips?
>>
>>385983383
again this was only a problem if you played a shitty spec or was undergeared. if you were a frost mage, it didn't matter if the gnolls aggro's a army. you could frost nova them all and then kite them to death with blizzard and cone of cold. for a time it was better EXP to grind that way than to do quests.
>>
>>385983616
Are you sure it was the carbuncle and not a glam
>>
>>385982823
>1 million for IVs

Jesus what sort retard would pay these prices, you deserve to be undercut
>>
>>385983383
Any indoors place. Trying to pull mobs one by one. Sometimes have to pull multiple. Need to sheep, nova etc. Long mana breaks. And if you go back or have a break your progress will be lost because the mobs will be respawning. AND THEN A MOB FLEES THROUGH WALLS AND PULLS HALF OF THE BUILDING.
>>
>>385983649

for normal mode and old trials? just do them blind
>>
>>385983649
Are you capable of basic pattern recognition?
>>
>>385983587
Technically that's halfway through the original ARR MSQ. Then you're looking at 50+ more quests, then 2.1-2.55 worth of patches (around 100 or more quests). This isn't counting the sidequests, only main story quests.
You can also do any job/class in the game because the limit is 35, so you can definitely try out everything. Palace of the Dead is available from level 17, so you can beat the floors 1-50, then play floors 51-60 with a job stone equipped to see the entire skillset of jobs at level 60.
Half of the classes get a good amount of skills to use around that point, some don't.
>>
If your item gets undercut in mass in a short period of time by dozens of people, maybe your super easy to craft/acquire item isn't worth the 10000% value you set it as?
>>
>>385983707
I mean this guy was all around playing pretty poorly, so I'm almost positive.
>>
File: 1500730045882-v.jpg (73KB, 1200x661px) Image search: [Google]
1500730045882-v.jpg
73KB, 1200x661px
What do people think the next 24man will be? Have we even heard anything about it?
>>
>>385983378
As a new player who just hit HW, how did you clear Coil and Crystal Tower? Queue time was like 70 minutes and still couldn't get into a party, so I just kept doing MSQs.
>>
>>385983790
I mean, I hope I do.
>>
What's the outfit with the big fluffy tail on it? I thought it was a healer's PVP gear.
>>
>>385983907

unless he somehow neglected to do all of his level 30-60 job quests it's impossible to not have the egis
>>
>>385983587
A small out. There's plenty of content. How much of it you want to do is another question.
>>
>>385983963
It's called "Return to Ivalice" and Matsuno is writing the story because he has a lot of free time now.
>>
File: vt4cdLL.jpg (73KB, 959x528px) Image search: [Google]
vt4cdLL.jpg
73KB, 959x528px
>>385983963

all we know is this is the title of it, and the bosses are being designed by the artist for the garo series
>>
>>385983868
thanks for the time and advice anon. appreciate it. seems like a long haul
>>
>>385983868
>so you can beat the floors 1-50, then play floors 51-60 with a job stone equipped to see the entire skillset of jobs at level 60.
Trial accounts can only do floors 1-10
>>
>>385984247
Along with the read advice, do not rush, you're just gonna get burned out. If you feel like playing for a while and get sucked in that's fine, but don't burn yourself out.

>>385984274
>Trial accounts can only do floors 1-10
Holy shit, seriously? Damn, I didn't know that, my bad.
>>
File: 1500738463449-v.png (622KB, 735x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1500738463449-v.png
622KB, 735x1000px
>>385984141
>>385984169
That's right, I actually watched the fanfest where that was announced but it slipped my mind because it hasn't been referred to once since then, and there's nothing in the game that would suggest it either.
Cheers.

Viera never.
>>
File: 1501419311242.jpg (575KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501419311242.jpg
575KB, 1920x1080px
Protect the mol
>>
>Farm parties

>AKA carry my lazy ass because I'm too lazy to do the fight myself itself
>>
>>385984247
>seems like a long haul
Not directed to you specifically but it's always weird to see the people that complain about there being lots of quests in an mmo
>>
>>385984431
It is a legitimate complain considering how fucking obnoxious most of the ARR MSQs are.
>all those fucking quests before titan
>>
>>385984385
I want to marry Cirina!
>>
>>385984006
black mage pvp gear?
>>
>>385983985
I haven't been able to, I waited something like two hours last time I tried (and I've tried a few times). I still have like two weeks left on my sub so I was going to try and get a party for them in PF rather than the duty finder. I hear they're going to add a raid roulette, so that might help out a lot.

I was just hoping that there'd more level 70 content than omega/susan/lakshmi and 3 dungeons which I run just for tomes though.
I might honestly be spoiled by the fact that Legion had 10 dungeons with multiple difficulties on launch. Not even trying to shill,
FFXIV shits on modern WoW in just about every way.
>>
File: skip soar.png (104KB, 510x780px)
skip soar.png
104KB, 510x780px
>there are people on /v/ that never skipped soar before echo/unsync

top 10 moments you missed forever
>>
>>385984603
She belongs to Hien.
>>
>>385983378

a lot of it is mostly vanity i think, probably why everyone makes a waifu. MGP, beastmen dailies, PvP, housing, crafting etc. for me everything is just ways of collecting pretty dresses.

>>385983649

don't ever sacrifice too much just to raid. don't raid with friends. if you're a fag; dont raid with people you ERP with. don't change your role or commit to a bad schedule or be loyal "for the guild!". find a static on your own schedule and level, find normies that aren't dysfunctional and emotional about failure.

if its not fun and its causing stress and its hurting relations with friends, its not worth it. you can do everything in the game with welfare gear. be there purely for the fun of downing a hard challenge or dont do it.
>>
File: 1500226328923.jpg (263KB, 899x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1500226328923.jpg
263KB, 899x1200px
Lyse is a good girl who doesn't deserve all the hate people are giving her.
>>
File: 1491778868382.jpg (60KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1491778868382.jpg
60KB, 900x900px
>tank and DPS fuck up
>I a BLM and healer don't
>we both make big dick dps
>give them free MP
>give commendation to healer
>don't get one back
Every fucking time.
>>
>>385981593
lol ok x30 enemies aggro'ing you going "HUH" in westbrook is not challenging it's a chore and ur a sperg if u enjoyed it
>>
File: 1299301477354.gif (14KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
1299301477354.gif
14KB, 250x249px
>>385980070
It sure is more accessible, but I kinda miss old PVP.
I miss being able to push people off cliff as a WAR or PLD.
I miss being an actual goddamn tank in PVP, I miss Push back, I miss Full Swing.
I miss having actual utility in pvp as a WAR.
>>
>>385984412
farm parties these days is codename for "I cleared once but spent the rest of the fight, now I'm ready to farm!"
>>
>>385984815
I've played FFXIV 2.0 since before launch and the problem has always been the lack of endgame. It becomes less of an issue as time goes on and things get added but it really burns you out. I far prefer FFXIV over WoW but this is a huge flaw that makes me not want to play until the middleof thexpac's cycle at the earliest.
>>
>>385985165
spent the rest of the fight dead*
>>
>>385983712
fucked that up, meant VI
>>
>>385984586
Titan quests are hilarious in retrospect when you never have to do them again, but are a bitch going through them.
>>
>>385983587
>I know it goes up all the way to level 35, but approximately how much content is that in comparison to the full game?
that's the halfway point in ARR. Main scenario quests go to 50, then you got another group of, what is it like 100+ quests with more story?

And that doesn't count all the side content. Just pick your class very well since it decides where you will level and how you initially see the world.
>>
>>385985097
>play tank
>do little baby pulls, one group at time, respect the content
>3 comms
>pull everything, pop cool downs, become brick shitting out aoe and clear dungeon several minutes faster than usual
>0 comms
What's going on
>>
>>385985137
I miss having run, heal and debuff heal at the same time.
>>
>>385984412
I've gone to only completion parties since I started working on Susano last week. Cleared it half a dozen times. Probably the same as a farm party but with lower expectations and happier people?
>>
>>385985223
when ever has a themepark MMO had "too much endgame"? genuinely asking because I never heard of such thing. people complain about lack of endgame but what you type of endgame do people want that lasts forever?
>>
>>385984983
If I fuck Hien in the ass does that mean she belongs to me afterwards?
>>
>>385975074

Why is BRD so fucking fun AND good right now? No 2 fights have you pressing the exact same buttons in the exact same order as other dps, I can move and dps practically 100% of the time, I can support the party, my dps itself is great.

We need ore priority systems in this game imo. Rotations are shitty.
>>
>>385985407
Never happened as far as I'm aware. WoW had the most but it has really slowed down now. Making the new content have something like five separate difficulties drastically cut down on how much shit they are able to produce
>>
>>385982902
Read
Your
Tool tips
If i see one more player spamming aoe on 2 mobs, I'm going to kill someone.
>>
>>385985058
I unironically agree. Especially the whole "she steals your thunder in the end!" is basically made up.
>>
>>385985475
I want to like Bard so much but I hate the sounds of the bow so badly
>>
>>385985342

autism speed strats in auto-matched groups isnt fun, my AoE "rotation" isn't fun, the healer having a heart attack every pull isn't having fun, half the people are doing it as appropriate content and not over-geared like the other half. half of them are console players fumbling with a controller through 15fps
>>
Where do I buy gil?
>>
File: playing bard.jpg (132KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
playing bard.jpg
132KB, 1000x665px
>>385985674
>>
>>385985790
Google.
>>
anyone else play ffxiv while stoned on weed. i get too absorbed with crafting.
>>
File: 1501075715415.gif (112KB, 255x231px) Image search: [Google]
1501075715415.gif
112KB, 255x231px
>>385982902
learn to react. Most mmos are brain dead easy until end game. xiv will punish you if you don't react. Especially when you get to the primals, they are going to fuck your shit up so hard.

Then again I heal so
>tfw hard mode titan first time as heals
>>
>>385985686
>pressing one button for a while instead of 1 2 3 is hard and autism
Let me guess, rdm
>>
>>385985674

Well MCH animations are fucking amazing too, less DPS than BRD but they still have Palisade and Refresh/Tact, and the mobility and the whole proc system, which people can hate but I like reacting to and making decisions on them, I dunno why people like playing DRG/SAM so much when they're locked in to such a strict rotation. At least until fights themselves get more dynamic.
>>
>>385985839
got me to laugh, exactly how it sounds
>>
>>385985936

yessir.
>>
>>385985854
tried fishing for the first time a few times ago, fuck the crafting in this game is so good
>>385985962
MCH rotation is fucking amazing, best in the game and any MMO hands down. Sad it's dps was the lowest. Unless they fixed it and I didn't hear about it
>>
>>385985342
People get mad if you make them take their eyes off their netflix marathon.
>>
>>385986034
>most braindead class in the game complaining things are boring

Imagine that
>>
>>385985351
>You want to be able to catch up to your ennemies or flee?
>Well you gotta trow away either the ONLY FUCKING HEAL or your only defensive cooldown outside your goddamn LB or the 3 sec of Inner beast.
Enjoy!

Fucking hell, WAR had Thrill of War, Thrill of Battle, Equilibrium, Second wind, and Push back + Vengeance + Berserk + Bloodbath
Now all they have is Recuperate.

While DRK has TBN which is basically an additional 20% HP every 10 sec and PLD have Clemency

I just wish they didn't turn PVP WAR into a wanabee DPS with 0 survivability.
>>
>>385979478
You mean Twister was more bullshit that it is now?
>>
>>385984753
ty
>>
>>385985873
XIV has the worst learning curve ever. The game treats you like a baby for almost 100 hours then suddenly when you step into your first extreme primal it busts your balls with how fast you gotta react compared to normal mode. New players have it easier though because unsync mode exists but I'll still remember shit like titan EX and Thordan ex before unsynch and echo.
>>
>>385986080
>MCH rotation is fucking amazing, best in the game and any MMO hands down.

what makes it so good, isn't it just the same as it was in Heavensward?
>>
File: right.jpg (56KB, 585x732px)
right.jpg
56KB, 585x732px
>>385985058
>>
>>385985058
>>385985632
Stop posting, Lyse.
>>
>>385986254
luckily most new players don't know that exists, game definitely doesn't point it out
I honestly love the fact that the game drops you into the fucking hard mode primals one after the other and basically demands you beat them or you can't progress

part of the reason I think the players aren't completely brain dead in this game
>>
>>385985137
You can still push people off as WAR. The shoulder tackle isn't as effective as the MCH one or the Healer AOE one tho.
>>
It all comes down to work ethic.

Western devs are lazy. They reuse assets like they have guns to their heads to do so. They also create the laziest content possible. See Mythic dungeons in World of Warcraft. Nothing new, just adjusted numbers.

Meanwhile Eastern devs have a fire lit under their ass to innovate and it's a society that encourages putting everything you have into your work. Sucks ass for their home lives but their products are superior.
>>
>>385986034
>rdm trying to call others autistic as he autistically makes excuses to jump around like a retard and do a melee combo
Use scatter bitch
>>
>>385986125
I hope with enough feedback they will change that shit up. Make run and LB default that can't be removed ad keep two slots for role skills.
>>
>>385986439
Nigga, you can only "push" people off 6 yalm.
It used to be 3 yalm, you can't push anyone off cliff with it unless they are like, literally about to jump themselves.
>>
>>385986395
>part of the reason I think the players aren't completely brain dead in this game
>be me
>trial roulette
>Titan hard
>3/4 DPS get knocked off on the first thing
>tank doesn't bother turning him away from the group either
>N o b o n u s
How does this even happen?
>>
>>385986096
When I dps though I watch netflix and spam aoe at the same time, it's just hitting one button
>>
>>385985058
>Alphinaud grows as a person, left ARR as a guilty guy who felt like he was at fault for the sultana business and scion seperation
>And becomes confident in HW
>Lyse ends HW with hey so im not Yda im lyse see you in Stormblood
>Lyse ends SB accomplishing nothing on her own and then gets leader role for no reason
>>
>>385986262
new gauge mechanics and removing the cast times in particular were nice
>>
>>385986490
XIV does nothing to innovate, but it's clear that they do work hard. Pushing out major patches every 3 months for three regions at the same time is tough work. Imagine how much crunch time they do for expansions so they can meet their release date worldwide.
>>
>>385986639
they haven't died enough
>>
>>385986772

What's the attack called where you line several huge ass bullets in a row before firing them off sequentially? Heated Slug Shot?
>>
File: Frosty Bay Film Failure.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Frosty Bay Film Failure.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>The best mmo on the market right now is a final fantasy JRPG

I implore you to reconsider
>>
>>385986686
>then gets leader role for no reason
She's sexy. Who wouldn't follow a hot piece of ass like Lyse?
>>
>>385986956
enhanced slug shot
>>
>>385986960
great combat shit high level grinding
>>
>>385986990
People who aren't total losers
>>
>>385987048

Closest MCH gets to beating Refulgent Arrow for me.
>>
>>385986960
why bother running when it only does 20% of your hp in damage? That's a lot of lost moving so far away.

Also game looks like generic korean shit.
>>
>>385986960
lobby based online game =/= mmo
>>
File: Needs a name.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Needs a name.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>385987073
I agree. Levelings a chore but the 2x events mitigate it. Everyone knows its just to sell passes to make it easier though. The other end game grinding quests aren't too bad except for being daily and honestly I just wanted to post these webms
>>
File: 1439939849563.png (173KB, 432x308px) Image search: [Google]
1439939849563.png
173KB, 432x308px
>trying to play lately
>wrists and knuckles start to get sore after only a few minutes of play
These keybinds will be the death of me.
>>
>>385978175
Lamia here. On Saturday/Sunday I get 250 people in queue.
If it is a weekday, I get 15 on afternoons.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-02-15-21h07m43s091.png (589KB, 992x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-02-15-21h07m43s091.png
589KB, 992x738px
>Just finished O1-2 normal
Those were really fun, i can imagine the Savage modes mix them up in pretty interesting ways.

Also, how the loot for normal work? Can I only get one piece of loot from each boss per week or just one of each type of loot per week?
>>
>>385986960
Dragons Dogma Online is more like PSO2 (online action multiplayer) than a MMORPG. Theres no persistent overworld, the towns are split up by lobbies, and the game focuses on less players playing at once. But that's not to say it's bad, no overworld and less netcode stress means they can improve their combat system and make some interesting instanced areas.
>>
File: Mistakes were made 1.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mistakes were made 1.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>385987209
In extreme quests they give you a set amount of potions to do the entire thing, that ones long and hard and barely gives you anything to do it with, and you have to do the entire quest with it. If I had gotten hit by the first one it would've kept hitting me like in this webm until I was dead, and then someone would have to get me.
>>
>>385987274
*teleports behind you*

but seriously that animation slide to the target. That's garbage quality.
>>
>>385987341
>Can I only get one piece of loot from each boss per week
Yes.

https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Omega:_Deltascape
>>
>>385987341
One piece per floor per week, if you obtained an award it'll say so in the DF entry for it.
>>
File: this baby is me.png (965KB, 1440x1090px) Image search: [Google]
this baby is me.png
965KB, 1440x1090px
>>385987474
>>385987453
Sick thanks.
>tfw It'll take me a couple weeks or more to gear up for Savage
>>
File: 1482444185782.png (727KB, 638x714px) Image search: [Google]
1482444185782.png
727KB, 638x714px
>>385986960
DDO just makes me mad that we'll never actually get DD2.
>>
>>385986960
>>385987274
>>385987395
Looks lame. Combat looks really clunky, animations are terrible, enemies are damage sponges, and lots of lol1hitkills

Boring
>>
>>385987652
Dragons Dogma 2 was killed for Dead Rising 4 and Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.
>>
Fucking hell, you guys weren't kidding about Shake it off, its fucking useless.
It would have been awesome in PVP tho.
>>
>>385987670
The reason for those is that I was doing it with just a weapon but subpar armor. Meaning I can deal full damage, but any hit decimates me even from trash mobs. Basically just more DD and thats enough for me
>>
>>385987775
>tfw Dark Passenger
Might as well remove it from your hotbar
>>
>V3S clear
>2.2k DPS as MT
>Think I did an ok job
>Decide to compare with other clears
>All tanks doing 3k+ DPS

H-how...
>>
>>385986990
Hien is a better person to follow
>>
>>385987605
>>tfw It'll take me a couple weeks or more to gear up for Savage
O1S is 315. Get your Shmi Skywalker EX and Susan's Ex pieces and some mhigger stuff.
>>
>>385987869
Why? it still deal damage.
Meanwhile, Shake it off is literally useless.
>>
>>385987869
All they gotta do is buff dark passenger potency. But they gotta entirely rework shake it off, I think Yoshida said that they were planning on doing it in patch 4.2 or something.
>>
>>385987284
>not playing with a controller
>>
>>385987793
I'd been considering trying DD for a while now, but seeing that as being "real" DD just shut down my interest for good, looks like a shit series that died early
>>
>>385987869
They should give it the Quietus treatment and add something extra to make it good
>>
>doing V3S
>playing MNK
>get picked for all the spellblade holy
>she keeps jumping to briar tiles making me lose my stacks

This is suffering.
>>
File: 53492722_p6_master1200 (1).jpg (405KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
53492722_p6_master1200 (1).jpg
405KB, 750x1000px
>When you crit a direct hit
>>
>>385987284
That's why you play with a controller, it's easy as shit.
>>
>>385987972
I'm already i313. I didn't think O1S would be so low lol. I guess I should get around to actually clearing Susan, I've spent a couple hours learning it but that was before I had enough ilvl to join a lot of the clear parties. My graphics card died so I have to play on my laptop, which gets like 25 fps
>>
>>385988120
Honestly the single player game is more fun, but the mmo refines the combat at the expense of the setting and world which blows. Go give DDDA a play and decide for yourself. There aren't any fights like in those webms in those games
>>
>>385986960
I just want DD2. Why did we get an MMO?
>>
>>385987284
I know that feel. I just got a new ergonomic MMO mouse with buttons on it to help solve the problem. So far it's working great. I'll never use a controller for a MMO, I'm not a casual or old man.
>>
>>385988278
I'll pass, I've got BotW, Inquisition, and actually good mmos on my backlog that I'm actually interested in I could play, don't have time for games I'm not interested in (anymore)
>>
>>385988343
Online action game*
>>
>Not relisting the under-cutters
or
>Not waiting for the price to rebound
>>
File: i hurt myself today.gif (459KB, 500x409px) Image search: [Google]
i hurt myself today.gif
459KB, 500x409px
>>385988407
>passing on Dragon's Dogma
You fool just buy it when it goes on sale for 15 dollars, you wont regret
>>
>>385987995
For the mana it uses up, the damage isn't worthwhile unless it's a stupid amount of mobs.
I'd like to see some more Dark Arts augmentations desu.
>>
>>385987898
Our MT is in deliverance all fight long
>>
>>385988587
What they need to do is remove abyssal drain from your hotbar and make it so unmend+dark arts triggers abyssal drain.
>>
>>385988343
>Not popular enough in japan compared to monster hunter to warrant a sequel
>We'll take the assets and release a mmo and judge our involvement from there
>Release season 1 and get maybe 200k players
>Doesn't retain them nor have the popularity of their other mmo Monster Hunter Frontier Online
>Playerbase declines despite crossover events
>Still gets updates but budget has been mostly downsized and things like quality cutscenes and voice acting have been cut back on
>Most monsters become reskins that act differently or have different attacks but still get a few new ones every now and then
>release a new season of content that brings back people every year or so and a new class

That's where we're at with it. It'd have to explode in popularity for them to consider it, and they said that after the mmo goes down they might take the assets from it for a sequel so who knows. They just released a crossover manga some time back to boost popularity but its fairy tale light
>>
File: IMG_0281.png (112KB, 269x219px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0281.png
112KB, 269x219px
>>385988213
>tank pulls everything
>double crit direct hit Foul
>>
>>385987898
Being shadewalked and people using enmity moves while they're in OT stance, along with at times the high parses being parse padding with balance, spear, and them being catered to by staying in AoEs/everyone else doing other mechanics and such so they can get high parsing.
tl;dr autism
>>
>this will be your main tank for tonight
>>
>>385987898
if you're 2.2k it means you're in tank stance all fight

it's okay but if your DPS players were just a little worse or you had a death or two more, you might have trouble.
>>
>>385988529
meh
>>
>>385988389
>buys an autism mouse
>world firsts were done with a controller
>>
>>385989105
Yeahyeah PVE is easy, but I'll kick your ass in PVP with my mouse.
>>
>>385989105
>implying these autistic fucks will recognize it or say something like "D-DPS player" when tanking on controller is easier and healing on it is not as hard as they thi
oh it's a pvpfag nevermind, different kind of autism
>>
>>385989192
Sure you will
>>
>>385975074
With the Final Fantasy brand and a market full of shit. And even then it's not the best on the market.
>>
>>385989246
It just confuses me, any other mmo they would have a point but this game was built with it in mind so it actually works like it should but these guys would rather spend hundreds of dollars trying to not get carpal tunnel and perform at the same level as everyone else
>>
File: clenches fists.jpg (265KB, 987x1072px) Image search: [Google]
clenches fists.jpg
265KB, 987x1072px
>tfw constantly repressing the urge to argue in shatter alliance chat
>>
>>385989012
I'm okay with this.
>>
>>385989438
Because pc mustard rice ecks dee
No point in it.
>>
>>385989439
Switch to Maelstrom
>>
>>385983691
>you could frost nova them all and then kite them to death with blizzard and cone of cold
Mageniggers are not allowed to have opinions
>>
>>385989438
>this game was built with it in mind
same with keyboard+mouse. doesn't stop it from being a bigger advantage than controller.
keyboard has more hotbar slots, can type while playing, and has perfect macro support that extends beyond the in-game macro system.
>>
>>385977782
you mean a problem with NPCs/players not loading?
because that's still a problem when you go into rhalgr's reach because of the amount of people there
>>
>>385989523
But I play on a PC and use a controller
I guess I should thank god I wasn't stricken with autism
>>
>>385989192
musclememory > looking at your hotbar
>>
File: knuckles.png (86KB, 283x262px) Image search: [Google]
knuckles.png
86KB, 283x262px
>Tank wears STR accessories at level 70
how the fuck did this become a actual meme
>>
>>385989629
But I have over 60 slots on 2 sets that's a single button to toggle between, more than you need and can also type on a keyboard with one hand and press buttons with the other
>>
File: ffxiv_08022017_133659.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_08022017_133659.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
They are gonna hate fuck each other, right?
Would they be bothered if I ask to watch them?
>>
Ill probably give the game a shot when it goes f2p
>>
>>385989860
blame WARfags
>>
File: 1495663860696.png (40KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1495663860696.png
40KB, 256x256px
>Trying to help people clear O1S in PF
>Call E spot
>Healer lala with HAHA FUNNY BUNNY PINKY glamour screams "this is my pf and im E" for about 3-5 mins
>it's not actually his PF
>link in chat my Datalog v1.0 to show that i have clear
>people tell him to calm down and let me go E
>after a bitching some more he gives up
>Wipe a few times
>Oh boy lets check their dps
>SAM can barely do 3k(full craft 320hq set pentamelded with VI DH materies)
>NIN's dps is 1.3-1.8k
>nobody uses food
>nobody but SAM has melds
>SAM and NIN die all the time
>SAM's dps drops to like 2.2k
>i end up top dps as DRG(!) with shitty 2.8k(!!)
>OT WAR and NIN rage quit

Wow. I've cleared O1S with random french faggots on release day. If frogs are capable of clearing this, why can't normal people too?
>>
>>385989860
because they went back on the changes to tank damage and made them only scale off of STR again
>>
>>385989860
Because STR became the tanks primary AP stat again, which matters a lot from the change of 45/45 STR/VIT
They kinda fixed that recently with adding STR on level 70 accessories, in addition to the STR you meld.
>>
>>385989030

I was out of tank stance for like 70% of the fight

Literally only turned it on for Critical Hits, Ninjas and emergency (PF healers)
>>
>>385989885
No, Estinien is after that Alphinaud boipucci
>>
>>385989885
The only pussy Estinien gets is boipussy.
>>
>>385989927
so never then
>>
>>385989947
None of the people you played with are normal
>>
File: no.jpg (56KB, 1420x946px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
56KB, 1420x946px
>another expansion filled with mechanics soup bosses
>>
File: samurai_ffxiv.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
samurai_ffxiv.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>2.5s GCD
>>
>>385990008
you were dropping DPS somewhere

You (should) be around or possibly abovve 3k against dummy, depending on your ilvl. You might have trouble reaching that in real fights because you have other responsibilities, but you are capable of putting out that much if you are doing your rotation correctly with 100% uptime.
>>
>>385990264
Never played SMN, but the sound of the attack that starts with the ice circle is freaking awesome.
>>
File: 1496014520344.jpg (12KB, 512x341px) Image search: [Google]
1496014520344.jpg
12KB, 512x341px
>>385978440
>>385980204
>MCH
>3.5%
>>
>>385990264
Why is it always a lalafell who uses a controller.

Literally the worst player is making these webms.
>>
>>385990421
I'm fine with controller players so long as they don't pretend they're just as good as KB+M players. They just fucking aren't. We can tell you're using a controller you idiot, don't fucking pretend.
>>
File: 1495199873306.gif (1MB, 156x216px) Image search: [Google]
1495199873306.gif
1MB, 156x216px
>>385990529
>They just fucking aren't. We can tell you're using a controller you idiot, don't fucking pretend.
This is what autists believe.
>>
>>385990421
ur the worst player
>>
>>385990261
Yeah we need more bosses that aren't fun.
>>
>>385990529
So that means you got the world first savage clear right?
>>
>>385990529
>We can tell you're using a controller you idiot
And yet nobody ever calls me out on it.

Makes me think.
>>
>>385990672
They're the mobileposters of FFXIV.
>>
File: [email protected] (443KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
ffxivc@.jpg
443KB, 1836x3264px
>>385975074
comfy game
>>
Male lalafells are the worst players. Prove me wrong
>>
>>385983985
>Coil
Go into PF and type UNSYNC CLEAR PARTY.
>Crystal Tower
ur fucked m8, I don't even have that.
>>
>>385990832
Male cats.

>>385990763
inb4 he posts "w-wwell its so your feelings dont get hurt!!!1" or some shit.
>>
>>385990529
>We can tell you're using a controller
Yeah, we don't slowly walk backwards to avoid aoes and don't rotate in place to change directions
Although if you really wanted to then you just click down on the stick to change movement in the fly and lock the camera on your enemy
>>
>>385990778
i have that webcam too
>>
>>385990264
This potato is so cute.
>>
>>385990778
>same keyboard I use at work
>>
they've attracted the target market of people who have money

coincidentally, they've also attracted the more elusive market of people who have money but no time to no-life on a video game
>>
>>385990529
I never understood this
you can get pretty good at target shifting on the controller, and instead of strafing or walking backwards slowly, you just turn on a dime and run immediately
>>
>>385990905
>Although if you really wanted to then you just click down on the stick to change movement in the fly and lock the camera on your enemy
Speaking of. Ever since SB's release I can't un/lock mid-animation anymore. I can't switch between sets while in gathering or crafting animation either. The fuck?
>>
>>385990887
Male cats can be bad, but male lalafells can be bad and also look like retarded children.

lalafells are basically living joke characters mixed with pedo bait.
>>
>>385991213
Sounds like a bug in your end, I've had no problems
>>
File: 1490440943923.gif (631KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1490440943923.gif
631KB, 200x200px
>>385988213
>38k Midare on O3S
>>
Why is this game filled with awful people? Every single guild I join ALWAYS has loud mouth people who say some of the dumbest shit like "OMG new guy, we're totally weebs here. Hope you don't mind!" or they get to Lv. 70 and they FINALLY know what directional attacks are.
>>
>>385991001
its a good keyboard
>>
>>385991375
you think its filled with awful people because you surround yourself with awful people instead of finding people similar to (You)
>>
How much gil do you guys have? Literal poorfag with 9m here
>>
WHY DOES MAELSTROM KEEP WINNING
WHAT THE FUCK

FLAMES ONLY EVER WANT TO PVP US NON STOP
AND IM 90% SURE EVERYONE ON ADDERS IS A BOT
>>
I'm actually kind of surprised it's doing so well. The start of the game is legit one of the worst of any MMO. There's loading screens fucking everywhere, designs of everything is super weeb and sort of dull looking, the gameplay is super dated (though so is WoW), the UI is not great and looks out of place with the rest of the aesthetic (though this is a problem with most asian MMOs)

It really shows that more than anything, name recognition and the hardcore raid community liking a game is what really saves an MMO from obscurity.

A MMO can be fun and fantastic, but if it doesn't have that endgame content that only 1% of the players will play, but that 1% makes up 95% of the vocal fanbase, then your MMO is dead in the water.
>>
File: 62986593_p33.jpg (257KB, 599x492px) Image search: [Google]
62986593_p33.jpg
257KB, 599x492px
Does anyone has the data about how much HP each SSS has on each job?
>>
soo all these catgirls that stand around town in their underwear... are they on the clock or what?
>>
>>385991627
>It really shows that more than anything, name recognition and the hardcore raid community liking a game is what really saves an MMO from obscurity.
The hardcore raid community is not even 1% of the playerbase
>>
>>385991627
Are you sure you're not mistaking 2.0 with 1.0? 1.0 was such an abomination that name recognition couldn't save it, and there was no raid community to speak of since it didn't have raids in 1.0. It being completely relaunched saved it.
>>
>>385991627
>name recognition
1.0 failed though
>>
>>385989012
Could be worse.
>>
>>385991637
Ask one
>>
File: Whoa-1.png~c200.png (57KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Whoa-1.png~c200.png
57KB, 200x200px
>>385988213
>crit direct hit trick attack
>nice
>same for gust slash crit
>crit direct hit 2/3 dream within a dream hits while trick attack is up
>woah mama
>finally crit direct hit all 3 hits during ten chi jin on the last few seconds of trick attack
>mfw
>>
>>385991581
>had 4M before SB
>now can't barely keep it above 3M
I dunno where all my gil went.
>>
>>385991607
That's what tree fuckers get.
>>
>>385983985
On weekends you're going to get a queue pop for Crystal Tower.
For First Coil, it is easy to get a DF. For Second and Final... well, get a PF.
>>
>>385991581
>>385991885
leveling crafting and trying to sell against undercutters

i have 50k gil left, that's right 50,000
>>
File: 1501553286720.jpg (197KB, 1242x1223px) Image search: [Google]
1501553286720.jpg
197KB, 1242x1223px
>>385988213
>When it happens many times in a row
>Even the auto attacks
Monk is great
>>
>>385991742
No, 2.0.

Hardcore community loves Realm Reborn. >>385991762
1.0 did not have hardcore community support and was trashed.

You need to have a combination of both name and community support.
>>
>>385991581
i have 7 million gil right now which I feel like is above average wealthy.
>>
File: frightened roegadumb.png (45KB, 400x392px) Image search: [Google]
frightened roegadumb.png
45KB, 400x392px
>>385991581
>tfw perpertually at 100k and below
I often spend time with 10k total from buying shit like materia
I wanna level a crafter but having to level every single crafter just to be proficient in a single one is retarded
>>
>>385992115
1.0 was genuine garbage, it had nothing going for it, the idea of it winning due to name recognition didn't help - also you said "the start of the game" which implies 1.0, not fucking 2.0/ARR.
>>
>>385991627
desu i dont know how anyone enjoyed 2.0

i joined late and pre-HW stuff is such a slog to go through
>>
File: 1439155381564-4.jpg (46KB, 610x335px) Image search: [Google]
1439155381564-4.jpg
46KB, 610x335px
>>385988213
>direct crit full thrust for 20k
>then F&C for 11k
>and WT for 15k
>>
>>385992187
you'll be perpetually under like 10k leveling crafters
unless you want to spend double the time manually grinding everything
>>
>>385991581
I'm at 22mil but thats because I buy it.
I also know and accept it will all disappear the moment Shirogane unlocks.
>>
>>385992321
>>direct crit full thrust for 20k
How's that even possible? Max i've got is 17k with potion and food.
>>
>>385992334
Me too. Can we get banned for it?
ha ha...
>>
>>385992398
Fully melded ilvl320 and it only ever happens in during openers on raid nights
But boy does it feel good
>>
>>385992334
Where do you buy it from?
>>
>>385992446
As long as you trade discreetly and don't make it super obvious it works fine.
I have a guy I often trade with and neither of us have ever been caught.
>>
I posted in an FFXIV thread yesterday or the day before talking about how I got my first job (BRD) to level 50 and somebody gave me a (You) but I didn't respond. I'm sorry, friend. I want you to know I also got my MNK up to 50 this evening.
>>
>>385992480
I get it from Playerauctions.
>>
>>385991581
I have 80mil and made it all myself
>>
File: ffxiv_07022017_131305.jpg (935KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_07022017_131305.jpg
935KB, 1920x1080px
>>385992569
Godspeed, anon
>>
>>385992689
fucking how
>>
How expensive are the kupo nuts, though?
>>
File: 53503x5.jpg (97KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
53503x5.jpg
97KB, 1058x705px
>find an item usually selling for like 900k-1m on market board
>supply so low its only showing people high-balling it
>surely if i put one there for that high it wont sell right?
>slap one on for 3.5m
>it fucking sells within an hour
time to flood this market until its not worth it anymore
>>
>>385991628
the SSS calculator has it
>>
File: Ehh.jpg (6KB, 277x208px) Image search: [Google]
Ehh.jpg
6KB, 277x208px
>>385988213
>Bahamut Direct Crits Ahk Morn
>But it's barely visible because small red flying text

Least my parser reads 20k
>>
Is mining a solid way to make money? At 56 on my Miner, and I'm not sure if I should just take a break from leves and get some Mythrite to put up since I'm dirt poor from getting better gear.
>>
>>385992505
How did you find your guy? What happens if people mail you?
>>
>>385991581
>tfw forever hovering around 800k-1mil
I've only been playing a couple months, but I'm trying to work in some crafter levels here and there. Do I really have to level everything? Is there no way to get rich aside from leveling crafters or buying gil?
>>
>>385992734

don't get greedy. else you'll attract more attention. never put up more than 1-2 at a time so you don't invest in an easily undercut market

>>385992714

not him, but not spending money is a great way to let it pile up. you should be swimming in company seals, so level your retainers with the stacks of ventures
>>
>2017 years since our lord and savior died on the cross
>Playing wow clones
>>
>>385992815
I found him on /xivg/
>>
File: L2RURCX.gif (2MB, 336x199px) Image search: [Google]
L2RURCX.gif
2MB, 336x199px
>>385988213
>crit Kaiten+Midare
>direct crit Guren
>even the Shinten crits too
>>
>>385992747
I forgot that was a thing!
Thank you Anon.
>>
>>385992823
gathering
>>
>>385992841
do retainers make money or something
>>
>>385992823
you can sell raid runs i guess
>>
File: 1496081680738.jpg (75KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1496081680738.jpg
75KB, 250x250px
>>385991842
>when the duality Aeolian is a double crit direct hit
beautiful
>>
>>385992845
the clone is better than the original now.
>>
>>385993164
have you noticed what combat retainers can get
>>
>>385992707
Thanks, anon. Alisaie is very cute and fuckable.
>>
>>385993164

typically monster parts used in potions, or skins, sell pretty well and in bulk

or you can spam quick ventures and get lucky with dye
>>
File: 1475489645941.png (370KB, 793x562px) Image search: [Google]
1475489645941.png
370KB, 793x562px
>>385991581
Can't get out of the 5mil hell.
>level crafters in HW
>never cared about endgame set because shit that is easy to craft sells faster, plus beast tribes and tank privilege giving me loads of money
>decide to go full endgame in SB
>burn a shitload of cash and leves
>2-star shit takes forever to sell and some recipes are only good when you have endgame gatherers
>consumables are an undercutting hell
>my old crafted source of income is also getting horribly slow
>get more cash from beast tribes and tanking adventures
Crafting was a mistake.
>>
>>385993352
they take so long to level though
>>
>>385993551
Wait, how does end game "burn" your cash? You already get gear from the raids, right?
>>
File: 20170802_yn_3.jpg (56KB, 524x600px) Image search: [Google]
20170802_yn_3.jpg
56KB, 524x600px
>Exclusive PVP armor for the 100 fist in the Feast
Meh, I would have preferred another mount.
>>
>>385993691
stay poor they really don't take that long especially considering the stuff they'll get for you
>>
>>385993769
what's the proper way to level them then?
>>
>>385993692
I mean endgame crafter set, full HQ and overmelded as fuck.
>>
>>385993691
It doesn't really require any input from you. Just give 'em ventures and send them on their way with a slap on the bottom.
The only annoying part is having to update their gear during the leveling process.
>>
o3s is the most fun raid this game has had in a while.
Probably because it feels like a Coil fight and not an Alexander fight
>>
>>385993819

if you have time, 1 hour hunts. when you log off for the night, send them on an 18 hour

if you don't feel like gearing them up, quick ventures work but are slower on average

also, you can turn them into samurai/red mage and skip to level 50 to cut about 2 weeks off of leveling time, if you have leveled one of those
>>
File: 1501677890199.jpg (121KB, 800x1217px) Image search: [Google]
1501677890199.jpg
121KB, 800x1217px
Damn I missed another xiv thread
>>
>>385993901
Well it was designed by the guy behind most of the coil fights.
>>
>>385989947
>tank O2S the other day
>le wacky glamour lala tank has a reaction time measured in minutes
>gets stoned, lets me get stoned, cleaves the party and doesn't levitate for long drop on consecutive runs
>uses ultimatum to swap
Lalafell players are not normal people like you or I
>>
What do people do after MSQs and clearing dungeons/raids/trials? I love running around areas because this game is comfy
>>
File: 1500471245005.jpg (235KB, 1229x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1500471245005.jpg
235KB, 1229x2048px
What are you supposed to do when your cute Au Ra childhood friend keeps insisting she's a dragon and not a shitty lizard?
>>
>>385994145
Crafting autism
>>
>>385994307
you're supposed to return to >>>/vg/
>>
>>385994307
just play along, lizards are stupid
>>
File: 1475050609181.png (891KB, 1280x717px) Image search: [Google]
1475050609181.png
891KB, 1280x717px
>>385991581
I have 154 millions.

Honestly, making money in this game is so easy. Why do you guys struggle so much?
>tfw friend wanted a glamour
>"Damn it costs too much!", costs like 300k
>I buy it for him
>"Woah dude I'll repay you!"
>I then tell him how much money I have and he doesnt believe me and want to repay me anyway
>>
File: 1485068508442.jpg (20KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485068508442.jpg
20KB, 480x480px
>tfw can push from 59 to 60 for all crafts with leves but they're all such a pain in the ass at this tier
>>
>>385992689
Honestly just selling random stuff. I made a lot of gil from leveling up desynth with all the cheap SB quest rewards and sold the mats. I also like to sell furniture
>>
>>385994471
How
>>
>>385994030
>samurai/red mage and skip to level 50 to cut about 2 weeks off of leveling time
well fuck now i feel like i should powerlevel one of those

i made both mine nin so i can give them hand-me-down gear
>>
>>385975583
Isnt /v/ the bastion between Is it Good and an IGN 7/10?
>>
>>385994145
Crafting because i fucking love crafting

>>385994473
Just use some of the earlier leves that are triple turn in + easy crafts

>>385994471
Because I'm bad at reading the market, and when I do have an idea of what to sell, I usually end up one mat short and it's a bitch to get, like the Hive Forewing.
>>
>>385994473
Just do moogles, then.
>>
>>385994473
do the moogle tribe shit thats what I did
>>
>>385994575
>>385994582
that's what im gonna do but its the difference of a few days and tonight that my autism flares up with

i didnt do any class quests so i can use them all for 60-61
>>
>>385994307
Take ownership of her as a pet lizard, she'll come around to it
>>
>>385994549
I made a lot of millions just by farming Cracked Clusters in hunts and selling them.
I currently have 73 of them, each Direct Hit Materia VI costs like 250k so think how much money could I make.

Before expansion I had already 100 millions, made them with some costly unspoiled gathering mats. Level a gatherer and start grinding some stuff. Each hour I gather mat that, in total, I always sell for 200k minimum

Also ofc I never spend money because I rarely spend billions in glamour and stuff
>>
>>385992245
For the huge amount of hours 2.0 consumes, 90% of it is trash. It makes me giggle when SE gives people a free trial to lv 35, thinking that is going to entice any sane person.
>>
>>385994795
>DH 6 for 250k
What server? Gilgamesh or another high pop?
>>
>>385994909
Ragnarok
>>
How much gil is considered above average? Rich?
>>
>>385994865

to be fair, 35 is when ARR's story finally gets going
>>
>>385994939
That's pretty high for a mid pop
They're 100k on Ultros
>>
>>385994987

depends on the server. i have a buddy who has gil cap on two retainers

he still can't find a mansion
>>
File: ffxiv_07072017_173822.jpg (485KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_07072017_173822.jpg
485KB, 1920x1080px
>>385993417
Alisaie is my gal. I just want to finish Coil so I can have more moments with her.
Also, Yugiri is my second best girl.
>>
>>385994995
level 35 is like around the Titan fetch quest extravaganza, and before the Coerthas snorefest.
>>
>>385993748
>the 100 fist in the Feast
you wanna try that again in English?
>>
So what do i use company seals on? Daily turn ins cap them like each day so i keep buying stacks of venture tokens

is there anything better to use them on?
>>
>>385995053
>he still can't find a mansion
That's the greatest bullshit ever, I still don't understand why they don't use an auction house-like system for housing or just rework the whole fucking thing.
I could afford 3 Larges but nope
>>
>>385995068
I'm far from meeting Yugiri. I've only just begun the raid on the Garlean settlements.
>>
File: ffxiv_07012017_135116.jpg (652KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_07012017_135116.jpg
652KB, 1920x1080px
>>385995168
Don't lose faith, anon. You're about to finish the worst of the game and only good shit awaits you after.
>>
>>385995105

its after Titan. in fact i think you end up going to dragonhead and then it cuts off

>>385995164

Shirogane is going to piss a lot of people off when it opens. Only fair way I can think of is a lottery. Put money down on the land and pray your number gets chosen
>>
>>385995293
I'm looking forward to it, anon. Should I buy the expansions now or later?
>>
File: ffxiv_07022017_151400.jpg (676KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_07022017_151400.jpg
676KB, 1920x1080px
>>385995362
I think you can't earn EXP after 50 if you don't have the expansion.
Get HW when that happens.
>>
>>385995135
Stuff that sells well on the MB/Squadrons/spiritbond pots to spiritbond stuff if you need to/ventures like you've been doing.

>>385995362
If you're at 50 and still get quests and shit that gives XP just get the expac - SB comes with HW.
>>
>>385995301
>Shirogane is going to piss a lot of people off when it opens.
im fucking staying up all night for this shit and gonna constantly reopen the launcher 2 hours before the maintenance end time

i have my route and plan b route already planned out to run there
>>
>>385995470
>>385995471
Expansion it is. Also, I've noticed people talk about Y'shtola a lot in these threads. Does she talk more later because so far she's only made two noteworthy appearances that I can recall and even then she was only a major player in one of those.
>>
>>385995471
Speaking of squadrons, how the fuck do i get into them? mine are ass and never have the right stats to do missions
>>
>>385995603
She's fucking useless.
>>
>>385995509

i did the same thing last time they added the new districts.

took me 12 minutes to log in. the final house in lavender beds was sold off as i zoned in to the ward

>>385995641

two gladiators, two conjurers, four archers
>>
If I only do MSQs, dungeons/raids/trials/instanced events, how much gil do I realistically need?

And do glamours really cost that much? If so, how much are we talking?
>>
File: ffxiv_07122017_170358.jpg (727KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_07122017_170358.jpg
727KB, 1920x1080px
I enjoy these threads.
>>
>>385995769
You don't need shit, and the challenge log can just spit money at you each time you complete em if you don't need gil much.
>>
>>385995769

the most expensive glamour piece on balmung is 3 million. its probably around 15 million on other servers

for MSQ, you need teleportation fees
>>
>>385995603
Okay, I bought it, but apparently Square Enix needs to verify my order or something. I had to enter a number from an SMS.
>>
>>385995928
What are the most expensive glamour pieces?
>>
>>385995897
>>385995928
Oh really? How much do cute skirts cost?
>>
>>385995971
That sounds normal
>>
>>385996051
Look it up yourself faggot.
>>
>>385996051

there are so many mini skirts available they're next to nothing

the new oriental looking set, i forget the name. uses the silk that comes from the canals
>>
>>385995897
Is it like runescape where you need lots of gil to get the best armor?
>>
>>385996220
No, you need tomes to get the best armor + doing savage.
Gil for crafted gear if you're going in very early when a raid is released. Otherwise do not buy crafted gear.
>>
>>385996207
>the new oriental looking set, i forget the name. uses the silk that comes from the canals
what's it called and how much is it
>>
>>385996005
this id like to know as well
>>385995928
>>
>>385996321
Crafted accessories are BiS for tanks.
>>385996336
Ao Dai
>>
>mfw ao dai is 7m on my server
>>
File: feels.jpg (183KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
183KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>385997359
>gave his life to seal an enemy the WoL could've beat anyway
>>
>>385997359
Papalymo, remembered for his contributions towards liberating a country he presumably gave zero shits about.
Thread posts: 526
Thread images: 89

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.