[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... I have been playing a fuck ton of Dark Souls 1 and 3. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 17

File: The-Furtive-Pygmy.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The-Furtive-Pygmy.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
So... I have been playing a fuck ton of Dark Souls 1 and 3. I fucking love these games and really want to beat 2 since it is the only game in the Souls series I have not beaten.

But every time I try to play it... I just quit after 30 minutes. The game feels sluggish, it's ugly to look at, the rolling mechanics are shit... Someone try to motivate me to play it.

Or try to fully convince me why I shouldn't bother.
>>
>>385973580
I feel like you have already been convinced NOT to like das2.

I like all the souls games. It may have been the weakest but das2 was still a good game. It definetly had the best build options imo.
>>
I feel exactly the same way. I just can't bring myself to play it longer than 15-30 minutes. It's just so dull and empty feeling
>>
>>385973965
Yea that is true in a way. I don't like the game as of right now but it's completely my opinion. I hadn't watched any reviews or anything, I just bought it thinking it would be as good as the others but it's just... not.

What is the most fun build?
>>
It's a solid game. It suffers from a lot of questionable design decisions, and also had a very disastrous development cycle, but it's a good game. Weakest of the 3, but still enjoyable.

Get your ADP to 25 to fix rolls.
>>
>>385974074
That's exactly it. The graphics and design of the areas are just so dull, the UI even is gross. Kinda nit picky but it all lends to the game feeling worse.

I also don't like how the game is all about the "HAHA dark souls is hard guys xD, look you died heres an achievement caus the gaem is hard xD, here is a thing in majula that shows how many people have died xD, dark souls is hard guys remember?"
>>
>playing games out of order
>letting outside influences affect your opinion

You're an idiot
>>
Holy shit every day it's the same post

DaS2+Scholar is the best of them all if you stop memeing people around. You're actively hindering people from enjoying the best DaS experience to new players. It's harder than the rest, that's why it's also the most rewarding. And long and full of content.
>>
>>385974383
/v/ drags this game through the mud every thread. Im sure you have seen the overwhelming hate it gets.
>>
>>385974383
Dual maces, Alva's set, or anything as dashing. Enjoy breezing through the game while SMASHing everything in your way.
>>
File: 1500516267888.jpg (75KB, 925x835px) Image search: [Google]
1500516267888.jpg
75KB, 925x835px
>>385974514
But Dark Souls 2 isn't really connected to the others.

But I already formed my own opinions and I'm just trying to have a discussion about the game, to debate a little with people with varying opinions and see if the points they bring up could make me see the game in a new light.

Come on anon, no need for insults.
>>
>>385974417
>Weakest of the 3, but still enjoyable.
>Implying it's worse than 3

For fucks sake anon
>>
File: das2plat.webm (566KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
das2plat.webm
566KB, 960x540px
it's pretty dull, no doubt
I got to iron keep before i stopped playing
started again from scratch after I beat BB and 3, enjoyed it a bit more
>>
>>385974745
Hmm alright I'll check it out. Maybe running through the game once and seeing some end game shit will make me want to replay it using a non op build. Thank you anon for the suggestion.
>>
File: 1445819378979.jpg (15KB, 168x200px) Image search: [Google]
1445819378979.jpg
15KB, 168x200px
>>385974782

Here we go.

I don't even have the energy right now to prepare for this shit argument encroaching on the horizon, so I'm going to just leave this thread.

Peace.
>>
>>385974514

2 isn't even directly connected to 1 or 3, you fucking twat.
>>
>>385974682
Actually I usually see people say that but when there is a thread about it, /v/ for the most part defends this game and drags 3 through the mud.

And I don't have the same opinion so... I dunno
>>
>>385974782
Go on, anon. How is 3 worse than 2 in your opinion?
>>
>>385973580
use duranzo to fix the deadzones and it stops feeling like garbage to play
I still havent beaten sotfs (or more than 1 boss with the mod) because i fear getting banned for using a mod, so i turn it off and hate the game again
>>
>>385974876
Are shield and sword builds not good? That is what I've heard.
>>
>>385974657

I'll admit this: I was actually turned off from DaS2 BECAUSE of the relentless fucking shilling you fags do for it on the regular. I played 1 and loved it, missed out on 2 because I was living in NY working 2 jobs at the time, and made it in time to play 3.

Avoided 2 because of the massive amount of delusion on both sides of the fence in regards to it.

Finally played it, and it's ok at best. Has a lot of faults, but was ok.
>>
>>385975196
got me through to NG++
the biggest difficulty curve wasn't that bad, but I did (ab)use summons just to get through it quicker
>>
Slog it till midway of the game and you'll start enjoying it. It'll still feel awkward compared to the other games.

I honestly don't think that 3 had a good start either, but at least it feels a lot better to control same with Demons.
>>
>>385975219
Seems like people who absolutely hate it are fan boys of Miyazaki (Or however you spell it) and people who relentlessly defend it are just blind to it's flaws because they love the series too much.

"Dark Souls 2 is a 6/10" seems to be the most based response.
>>385975312
Are sword and shield builds gone? I never see people using them.
>>
>>385975474

Or it could be that people who hated 2 are, and this might come as a shocker to you, huge fans of 1, and were thrown for a loop when 2 came out and seemingly felt like a shell of a game in comparison to 1. 2 wasn't even that good until it's DLC were out.
>>
File: baldwin leper king.jpg (45KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
baldwin leper king.jpg
45KB, 300x300px
DaS2 starts slow. At the veginning that you're out of Things Betwixt and reach Majula you're welcomed with the most soothing and beautiful hub of them all. Yet the first thing you need to do is to cross the obligatory undead settlement thing and that place is a chore, BUT, it's short.

Thing is that most people give up at the turtle guys and the fact that this game leaves you with a room full of 5+undeads. Weak ass 1 hit and they're dead undeads. Yet, most people SUCK and die to them over and over.

Once you pass The Last Giant and the Pursuer things start to pick up in scenarios and pacing. By then, you will realize that weapons are tools and not just flavors, and you might have to switch for crowd control to bows and arrows to fast hitting stuff to strong heavy greatswords and such throughout. DaS2 is designed to have limited resources in everything, even in souls, even if everything seems plentiful at first.

There's a resource managing that got dismissed in 3 and dumbed down instead of being expanded upon. Many things like clothes getting wet from poison to water and making you resistant to fire and such little details all gone. But you have to keep going. When you're advancing through DaS2 you'll realize it's a big odyssey through a broken world built over the old one, and the story is the best of them all. With the SotFS expansion the game gets twice as long and has even more diverse scenarios and biomes to explore. AND SECRETS. Shitton of secrets to find, builds to try, best PVP, best looking armors, best NPCs and dialogues, etc.

It's a great game and at the end at the Throne of Want, the accomplishment of getting the 4 crowns back is like no other.

But it's still the hardest if you're not thinking outside the box. Still once you get the hang of it you can make it a cakewalk.

Just one tip: invest 2 points on ADP to 12 or 14 and that's it. You're good to go.
>>
>>385975814
>L i m i t e d r e s o u r c e s
Lel
Let me just buy 99 lifegems from my famalam I meet in the first real area
>>
>>385975814
Oh shit, anon. Kinda made me want to play it a bit.
>>
>>385973580
Sounds like you just suck and want to have advantages over the enemies but start crying when the enemies are on equal footing. You should probably just quit the series all together because you have some shit taste.
>>
>>385975474
What flaws?
>>
File: drugs.jpg (76KB, 368x537px) Image search: [Google]
drugs.jpg
76KB, 368x537px
>>385976356
>>
>>385975630
>2 wasn't even that good until it's DLC were out.

what is with this "2's DLC made the game better" meme?

I tried Sunken King and it was just as shit as the base game
>>
>>385976789
>circle strafe enemies because of their AI
>suddenly enemies have tracking and infinite stamina so circle strafe is harder to do
>"Waaahhh, this game is too hard"
>always range and aggro enemies for kite because they can't do anything else
>suddenly a level where they're kiting you instead
>"waaahhh, this level is unfair"
>wear max poise to shrug off attacks
>suddenly enemies also do the same
>"waaah, these enemies are unfair"
Face it, Dark Souls 2 is what separates the plebs from the true players
>>
>>385977061
tracking and infinite stamina are cheap and fuck
>>
>>385976934
You gotta try the Iron King, boy.
>>
File: 1487386106857.png (68KB, 230x252px) Image search: [Google]
1487386106857.png
68KB, 230x252px
>>385977179
>You gotta try the Iron King, boy.

Fool me once (Sunken King), shame on you. Fool me twice (Iron King), shame on me.

I am not going to shame myself
>>
>>385977171
Exactly, you want advantages over the enemy but as soon as they take away those advantages, suddenly it's nothing but complaints.
>>
File: 1500395227568.jpg (46KB, 566x562px) Image search: [Google]
1500395227568.jpg
46KB, 566x562px
>>385977061
Huh, it's almost like I never said anything to make you think any of those things... Is anon projecting again?
>>
File: tf1aVjY.jpg (66KB, 600x563px) Image search: [Google]
tf1aVjY.jpg
66KB, 600x563px
>>385977347
Also, who you just replied to wasn't me.

The real OP.

You sure are special, anon.
>>
I loved that DaS2 is still an RPG whereas DaS3 is a beat'em up/hack and slash with stats-lite, and not a very good one at it.
>>
If you don't like the gameplay, don't play it. Dark Souls 2 does get some things right contrary to popular opinion, but I just can't stand actually playing the game because of how bad the gameplay is.

A game with interesting systems that feels like shit to play is still a bad game.
>>
File: ornifex.jpg (188KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ornifex.jpg
188KB, 750x1000px
>>385977423
>Is anon projecting again?

he is. Like whenever you shit on DaS2 they bring up DaS3 unprovoked like it means something.

Also, pic related being a NPC was a dumb idea
>>
>>385977171
>tracking and infinite stamina are cheap and fuck
Are we talking of DaS2 or 3?

Because I'm fucking sure as hell that DaS2 enemies have stamina and can get tired, whereas DaS3 ones are programmed to track you like a SAM missile and never ever stop mauling the ground. All of them. Even little hollows.
>>
>>385974514
>saying anon should play ds2
>>
>>385977423
>>385977509
Fucker I'm talking to every single anon who's hated the game, not just you individually, shithead.
>>
File: 1500402558717.jpg (53KB, 790x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500402558717.jpg
53KB, 790x600px
>>385977706
But I don't hate the game. You gotta chill out man.
>>
File: 1421459971412.png (515KB, 636x558px) Image search: [Google]
1421459971412.png
515KB, 636x558px
>>385976934
I have no idea either but it's been going on as soon as the DLC's started coming out. Sunken in particular was such a nonsensical clusterfuck of design choices. That clownhouse with moving walls and random spikes on the floor was hilarious. It was like the B-team had been laid off so the C-team consisting of retarded middle schoolers was brought in.
>>
>>385977423
This is what DS2fags do Anon. They're so invested in defending it that they'll make shit up and project like that. Basically like that in every thread they come into.
>>
>>385977770
Then why the fuck are you replying to me? Why the fuck are you fucking interjecting your ass where you ain't needed, fucker?
>>
>>385977821
No counter argument, I see. I'll take your concession and admittance that I was right.
>>
File: 1500517001768.jpg (50KB, 662x577px) Image search: [Google]
1500517001768.jpg
50KB, 662x577px
>>385977632
Lmfao, weren't those things only in the Painted World? What did they mean by this?>>385977821
Yea they're getting nasty.
>>385977952
Uhhh... It's my thread, anon. Why are you here? You aren't contributing to the conversation at all and you're just trying to bait arguments.

Can't wait till summers over.
>>
>>385978047
Take it. I have nothing to prove, I'm not trying to sway a commonly held opinion. I can sit here and watch the rest of this thread with a shit eating grin knowing that every time a DS2fag "wins" an argument, it's pissing in the rain. I did all the arguing I needed to do three years ago.
>>
>>385973580
>>385973580
I know what you mean. Here is a list of things to do to make ds2 enjoyable.

1-Raise adaptability to 32.This gives you 105 agility. Attunement also gives agility so you can mix box together. This improves the game dramatically. Your movement become faster.

2-Use a weapon that can hit targets in the ground. Every time you parry (use buckler to parry. It's five times better than a standard shield. Or scimitar) your enemy will fall to the ground. If you mash buttons fast enough you can execute a standing riposte instead of a ground riposte. If not your weapon should be able to hit them in the ground so you don't wait for them to get up ten seconds.

3 - Fashion souls. There are a lot of variety in terms of weapon and armor. Don't just use one weapon. Have a spare weapon because durability matters. Spells are fun. Mix things up.

4-Try to do PVP. The game is made slow to make player versus player matches enjoyable. It works. I can't get enough of PVP.

5-get scholer edition. It made some areas worse but there are real improvements. It's worth it.

6-DLC...Apart from Brume Tower the DLC is awesome.
>>
>>385978104
>your thread
Ha! I gave a perfectly valid reason to why people hates Dark Souls 2. You fuckers are the ones posting pictures with no arguments.
>>
>>385978360
You didn't give a valid reason. You assumed I didn't like the game because it was hard which is not the case.

I'm actually running through Dark Souls 1 with a Greirat inspired character while only using the Bandit Knife. I like to do challenge runs and put myself at a disadvantage.

All you did was try to insult me and act smart.
>>
File: DAS DEBACLE.jpg (93KB, 400x274px) Image search: [Google]
DAS DEBACLE.jpg
93KB, 400x274px
>>385977528
>>
>>385978495
Yeah, quit lying. We all know every complaint about the game is traced back to the fact that it's an even playing field for players and enemies.
>>
File: telan-devik-profile-picture.jpg (61KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
telan-devik-profile-picture.jpg
61KB, 500x500px
>>385978638
I'll give you one more (You) before abandoning this thread.

You got me, anon. You little troll you!
>>
>>385978762
Still no counter argument. Lousy thread anyway since you can't even keep up your end of the discussion.
>>
File: 76-1-1399332379.png (7KB, 180x127px) Image search: [Google]
76-1-1399332379.png
7KB, 180x127px
>>385978528
Really isn't though. The movement in Dark Souls 2 is completely different than all of the rest of the games in the series. Removing the weird deadzone fixes this a little bit, but fundamentally it just plays and controls very differently than the rest of the games. Animations also have a ton of delay after they complete visually relative to the other games, making it feel less responsive than the other games.
>>
>>385978914
That's because they made it more realistic so you can't just spin around like a puppet in the same place. Now you have to think about your actions.
>>
>>385978104
>Lmfao, weren't those things only in the Painted World?

they were an enemy in the painted world and they reused the model for a NPC in DaS2.

A NPC I struck down because I assumed it was an enemy for being a direct copy of an enemy model from the first game
>>
>>385973580

Just play a caster, after a while it feels proper when you get enough stuff

Also best way to play is keyboard and mouse for this one, controller is shit
>>
>>385973580
Nah DS2 is just shit
>>
>>385979053
Realistic doesn't equal good gameplay. You might like it, but an expectation was set based on the prior two games for controls that were far more responsive than what Dark Souls 2 gave us. People didn't like it and they moved on from that approach.

...and ironically enough, contrary to your argument, Dark Souls 2 PVP was basically all about spinning around and trying to catch someone with the phantom range of your running attack because of how fucked up the net code was.
>>
>>385973580
dark souls 2 isn't a souls game

pretend it's highlander 2. it effectively doesn't exist.
>>
>>385979452
No it wasn't. Did you even play high level PVP?
>>
Me too. Just don't bother with it then. Play BB and DeS instead. DkS2 is just a bastard child anyway.
>>
>>385979563
Yup. The optimal way to play was to spin around like an idiot, wait for a whiff, and then punish with a running R1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyHj8FHCt28

Can see a ton of it in this video where some of the best players at the time came out for. I used to fight Saber from time to time too.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.