[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you lot think of Nioh? I'm considering picking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 10

What do you lot think of Nioh?

I'm considering picking it up in the PSN sale.
>>
>>385970535
I liked it a lot, but I still haven't beaten it. I got distracted by other games. Buy it if you like that sort of combat. If you don't, then don't buy because that's the good part of the game.
>>
Very fun, not worth 60 dollars.
>>
It's pretty good

It's worth it if a Souls game with a bit deeper combat with a diablo esque loot system sounds good to you.
>>
Its great, I got the Digital Delux and reccomend it. You'd be coming into it fresh where the treadmill is properly balanced. Starts to get tiresome with the latest DLC's new difficulty though. But you wouldn't need to worry about it if you just get the base game, which is well worth it with all the work they've done on it so far.

If you were to get Digi delux now and not no-life it you'd probably wind up finishing up to WoTD right around the time the last DLC releases.
>>
>>385971212
What does the DLC include? Is the main game gimped?
>>
It's great, Souls crossed with Ninja Gaiden.

The community is filled with level-cap min-max neck beards complaining about getting perfect stats, so if you ignore all that it's fun.

Game menu is a world map with replayable missions, typically beating a mission unlocks alternate versions along with the next story mission.

The third boss in the game (caves) is the first difficulty spike that'll determine if you persevere or not. Any consolation, eventually you'll be so strong and experienced you can go back and one-shot it.
>>
>>385970535
Do you like Diablo loot system?
Do you like a more grounded Ninja Gaiden surrounded by a DSouls ecosystem?
Do you like being a Gaijin not-Geralt Samurai in Harakiri-land fighting giant Oni ?

Then yeah pick it up. It's fun.
>>
>>385971482
The first round of DLC was actually free, added a bunch of new missions (Mainly boss fights, dual boss fights, and a few others). The first two Paid DLC's added new higher difficulties with each and raised the level and equipment level limits. Latest (second) DLC added a new item rarity that does wild shit to equipment and opens up new build possibilites (One made stone throwing viable by cranking up stone damage 999%) The DLC's themselves are 2-3 main missions long with 3-4 side missions to explore more of the main missions new maps. The latest DLC felt lacking comared to the first one though, but still good for what its worth.

Its speculated the last DLC will add a final difficulty but likely not a new item rarity.
>>
>>385971959
Thanks for the info, just going to get the main game I don't think I'll want a higher difficulty I could never handle new game plus in the souls series.
>>
>>385971482
Forgot to answer your main question: No. The main game isn't gimped. DLC is just icing on the cake and ups the gear treadmill.

The base game itself is still well worth it. However regardless of DLC, PvP is and always will be shit. There's far too much to balance and Ninja hasn't caught on yet that the ONLY way to make PvP work in this game is to make people fight with wooden weapons.

Also sidenote: DLCs adds Odachi (Greatsword) and Tonfas respectively. Don't think you can get them in base game but might be wrong.
>>
File: BOth3DF[1].png (2MB, 2780x1794px) Image search: [Google]
BOth3DF[1].png
2MB, 2780x1794px
>>385970535
It's fucking great. 250 hours played so far, just got to the new DLC chapter in Way of the Wise. I don't know what the next difficulty is even going to be, because basically everything already one shots me. Two in the Shadows was super annoying, and I can only imagine what Return of the FUCKING Gourd is going to be like on WotW when I get around to doing it.

Also fucking Mothgrill spirit WHEN.
>>
>>385972272
Thanks for the info lad got it downloading right now : )
>>
>>385971482
DLC is a season pass affair with 2/3 released so far.

They add extra weapons categories (tonfa, odachi) to the base game.

Other than that, they add further post-game story missions (each an extra 1/6th of the base game) and extra difficulty modes.

When you beat the game you unlock from the map a toggle to harder difficulty settings. Each DLC adds a further difficulty setting ontop. I can't imgine how hard it is at max now.
>>
>>385971482

Nah, the DLCs are actually a storyline that happens ten years after the base game's story focusing on Tokugawa smashing the last resistance to his rule in Japan. You are able to use the weapons from the start, but tonfas suck and odachis are kinda mediocre.
>>
It was alright

Lost interest a good ways in but I was enjoying it for quite a while.
>>
>>385970535
Flavor of the month, I regret buying it at full price but it's not bad but it's probably the most forgettable game I've played this year, also despite difficulty meme's you can break the fucking game halfway through with fucked damage and the slow down enemies magic
>>
File: the fuck am i reading.jpg (78KB, 417x600px) Image search: [Google]
the fuck am i reading.jpg
78KB, 417x600px
>play this game
>have a blast
>almost platinum it
>only trophy missing is the hot springs one

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>385970829
Yeah the only game ever made that has been worth 60 dollars is bloodborne with it's 10 hour campaign and no weapons
>>
File: IMG_7884.jpg (32KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7884.jpg
32KB, 183x275px
just got a ps4
give me some good games to get
only got bloodborne going to get persona 5
>>
>>385972603
>but tonfas suck and odachis are kinda mediocre.
Baddie detected. Tonfas are both fun and powerful as fuck. Odachi is also, but it's less viable once you get to WotW because soaking even one hit to land a slow attack is no longer a viable strat.
>>
>>385972743
Just use a guide and hit every one in way of the samurai. Thats what I did. There's only like 15 or something of them, and most of them are in the hot springs map. You don't even have to complete the mission to get credit for using them. Takes like 20 minutes tops.
>>
I played it til I was 1 trophy of platinum then stopped.

Will pick it back up when all the DLC is out. It's a great game.
>>
>>385972848
ARE YOU OVER 25 WITH A COMPUTER?!

also, Nioh obviously, if you don't have a pc/care about multi plats, Titanfall 2 is great multiplayer, Divinity OS, and XCOM2 are also super comfy (albeit multiplat)
>>
>>385972603
I love the Odachi though, they are better for fighting humans than Oni, where the opposite is sort of true for the Axe.

I used both and switched as needed. I'm not a max-level bloke though, only 150 tier stuff.

Only swung the Tonfa around in the air so far, I'm interested in trying them more.
>>
>>385972848

Nioh
Crash Trilogy
The LAst Guardian wasn't as good as I was expecting but if you like Team Ico games like me then it's still a lot of fun
>>
>>385972996
Already got those on PC and my xbox but i'll check out divinity thanks anon
>>
>>385972848
Bloodborne, Persona 5, Nioh, and Crash are the only PS4 games you really need to make the purchase worth it.

You can get TLG if you're into short artsy fartsy 2-sittings-max games.
>>
>>385972335
>. 250 hours played so far,
Jesus get a fucking life dude..
>>
>>385972743
>That feel when I pick up the final Kodama and sit in the final hotspring in the same mission - and get the trophies without back tracking.
Lucky
>>
>>385972848
Nioh! : D
Nier! : D
Horizon! : D
>>
Is the kusarigama still the best weapon in game?

High stance with the pull/trip/stab combo fucked anything up.
>>
going through 'way of the demon' so i can get to 'wise'.

getting harder. getting my shekels worth.
>>
>>385972603
And you fight Sasaki Kojiro in the newest one so you KNOW the last DLC is going to have that musashi fight that we've all been waiting for.

I'm gonna fucking NUT when I finally get his 2kat and see how they designed him.
>>
File: 1353295528609.jpg (11KB, 298x290px) Image search: [Google]
1353295528609.jpg
11KB, 298x290px
>>385973207
>Implying 250 hours on a game is a lot
You must be new here. Here's my advice: leave and never come back, for both our sakes.
>>
>>385973251
>>385973148
>>385973062
Thanks for the suggestions boys!
>>
>>385973148
Nugga you just described my games library.
>>
>>385973335
That's literally over a week of your life spent on a friggen video game that's incredibly sad.
>>
Its fun, but the tonfa are seriously lacking when it comes to damage. Maybe I'm just missing something, but going through the game on a new character with a tonfa build is just not that fun.
>>
>>385972848
The Last of Us and Uncharted games are very good despite the shit they get on here
>>
>>385973308
Musashi's already in the main game though. You save him during that one side mission and you get his headband as a reward.
>>
>>385973438
You must be doing it wrong, because I'm hitting for about 4-5k in strong stance on WotW, which is a good 1-2k higher than my friend's dual swords, with comparable attack speed.
>>
>>385973570
I know, I still have the purple-tier headband he gave me because he never fucking gave me another one ever again. But DLC takes place 10 years in the future. Why would they have us fight Sasaki Kojiro if they didn't plan for us to fight Musashi in the last DLC?
>>
>>385973692
2kat here.
3-4k mid stance with 221 +21 Date swords. 5-6 from behind.
>>
>>385973692
Speaking of that, what is the new elemental king? Would it stay Dual Swords or do Tonfas do it better now?
>>
>>385973737
>But DLC takes place 10 years in the future
Honestly I just straight up forgot about that. I don't really pay attention to the plot all that much and everyone looks exactly the same.
>>
>>385973692
I was trying to do a ninja and omnyo build to go with the tonfa. My first character is an odachi with a bunch of mixed bullshit. So I'm likely doing something wrong with my tonfa character. I just beat Orochi and it was kinda annoying to do with the Tonfa
>>
>>385973876
Feels like Tonfas apply status effects faster than 2kat because of how fast the weapon actually hits.

Ninja 2kat is still king though. What you can't cut down you can kunai down to size. Everyone gets killed in 1-3 hits in WoTW regardless so I guess I lucked up with the glass canon build.
>>
>>385973851
Sounds about right. From everything I've seen, Tonfas do a bit higher damage with a bit lower attack speed compared to DS. DPS is probably roughly even.

>>385973876
They're both incredibly easy to inflict elements with, especially in low stance. I don't think it's even worth considering if you're deciding between them.
>>
File: (u).jpg (155KB, 466x379px) Image search: [Google]
(u).jpg
155KB, 466x379px
>>385973432
where do you think you are?
>>
>>385974158
Where we're at doesn't justify you wasting your life away to a video game. Go outside bro get laid or something holy shit.
>>
>>385973432
A week spent over the course of nearly 7 months.
>>
>>385974118
How do you make an effective Ninja build? What're the must-haves?
>>
>>385974286
This is the current bullshit OP ninja build
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3JpWsj9IR8

This is the previous one thats far more attainable and explains what the essentials are to doing good kunai damage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2RtWyBn4X8
>>
>>385971959
I haven't checked the dlcs, is bare handed viable yet?
>>
File: 1480552368962.jpg (21KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1480552368962.jpg
21KB, 184x184px
>>385974254
is this actually your first day here?
>>
How does the Tonfa DLC NG+ work? Is it exactly the same as WotDemon but "harder"?
I don't really want to do everything all over again for a new difficulty desu. Redoing the double bosses might break me.
>>
>>385973692
>than my friend's dual swords
you're comparing two of the worst weapon classes in the game, anon
yet tonfa manages to have shittier specials than 2kat because it lacks even a good DPS move and demon dance pulverize barely tickles anything relevant
the only way to deal damage on that thing is through gunstick but it's boring as fuck and still loses to all good weapons
>>
>>385974513
Holy shit
>>
>>385970535
One of the most overrated games ever.

Enemy variety is abysmal, and a lot of enemies are very tedious to fight. That alone managed to make it excruciating to get through.
>>
Just beat the first boss (The big ball demon)

Whats the best way to do a pure single katana build? Preferably with as much style as possible
>>
I got the dlc today.

Way of the demon is absolutely retarded.
Whoever okayed that difficulty needs to be punished.
>>
>>385970535
540 hours on my main save

it's great, better combat than souls
>>
>>385974829
Git Gud
>>
What sale? Also yes, it's very fun, almost 200+hours so far, it can get brutally hard though but that's late game, there are currently 4 difficulties, you get one after you beat the previous.
>>
>>385971482
each dlc adds a new weapon and a new NG difficulty
>>
>>385970829
No game is worth $60.
>>
>>385970535
It's a great game. GOTY 2017 for me.
>>
>>385972859
not him but tonfas are literally the worst weapon class in the game by an extremely steep landslide

kusarigama > 1kat > spear > axe > odachi >>> 2kat > tonfa
>>
>>385975080
EU PSN has a sale
Season pass is 18€
>>
>>385974692
it's like wotd but everything one shots you no matter how much armor or how many debuffs you use

I recommend you make some pirate armor/swallowtail for luck and just do a critical build
>>
>>385974817
Yeah really the biggest part of his build is putting "+Thrown weapon damage" Onto every peice of armor he has.

Thats going to be the hardest part considering it has to be inhertible for all your armor pieces save for Gloves. So you have to have 4 different inheritable "Thrown weapon damage" to put them onto your end build clothes.
>>
Sell me on Way of the Wise. I beat the DLC missions on WotD and I'm really not looking forward to replaying everything a 4th time over. Are the new gear sets worth the grind?
>>
>>385974992
>valid criticism
>git le gud
You're a complete fucking retard.

Enemy variety is undeniably terrible. Nearly every level is nearly the same, the question is whether you can toy around with the combat system enough to keep it fun regardless.
>>
>>385974935
Depends how pure you want it. Just grab some of the abilities that look cool and learn how to parry humans.

Later you can pick up armour set bonuses to build around certain abilities or traits.

For flavour, consider something from the Omiyo tree like Shockwave. Makes your Ki pulses damage and knockback, one of those style over function things. I've always wanted to like it, but never been that honorabru swordsmang.

Then again could go Odachi and flip over cunts, guilotine-ing them in half like your animes. That is fine too.
>>
>>385975994
they're not worth it unless you've already been autistically grinding up to this point and enjoying it the entire time
>>
>>385970535
Is this game harder than souls games?
>>
>>385975994
There's new gear and accessories, plus shit loads of amrita, divines 20+ up the ass, but Tome will want you soul as payment. Things will one shot the fuck out of you though, but I'm enjoying it, I only really do one twilight mission a day though until I can get better gear to manage.
>>
>>385976028
>the question is whether you can toy around with the combat system enough to keep it fun

turns out you can because the combat is incredibly good

WotW adds a surprisingly decent amount of new enemy types and mixes in all of the past two DLC's enemy types into the base game
>>
>>385973463
THEY'RE MOVIES
>>
>>385972743
fun fact, the bath house level requires you to SIT IN EVERY SINGLE ONE
>>
Whats a good guardian spirit for an odachi build? I've just been using Atlas Bear to cheese enemies, but what are some other good ones?
>>
>those great beta demo threads
>i got both marks (Conqueror and Strong) in the demos and i haven't claimed the rewards, 'cause i haven't bought the game
>>
>>385976710
kato
kara jishi
>>
>>385972790
How many hours does a campaign need to be to make it worth 60 bucks? Does quality matter at all?
>>
>>385976765
ok?
>>
>>385976710
When DotN came out, I used Seiryu with One-Eyed Dragon armor and a Kamui (wind dmg Odachi) for an elemental wind / LW focused Odachi build. It was pretty fucking dope and it carried me through the entirety of WotD (optional missions included). Only changed recently because I wanted to switch to Tonfas for WotW.

The new horse spirit is fucking baller too though.
>>
So with WotW, is Heavy Armor no longer top tier? Is blocking even viable without stacking toughness and Parry?
>>
>>385970535
But you can't pick physically interact with a digital product. How are you going to pick it up?
>>
>>385976938
Base Nioh is roughly 80 hours unless you intentionally barrel through it. With DLC its easily 100+ I clocked 200 around the end of last DLC, had almost 100 in the base game.

80% of it is quality gaming the other 20% is gear treadmill, which may or may NOT be quality gaming depending on whether or not you enjoy gear treadmills.
>>
Where do I get the cover armor?
>>
>>385973432
Nigger I have friends with over 2500 hours on DotA and Counter Strike. 250 hours is child's play. In fact I literally put that much time into Pokemon gold as a child.
>>
>>385976909
>kara jishi
Everyone says this thing is good, but having tried it numerous times on every difficulty, I still don't get it. His recovery is so ass that LW lasts like 10 seconds max in a boss fight whereas with other spirits you can just pummel them forever even if the damage is lower per hit.

Can someone explain why Kara Jishi is supposed to be good?
>>
>>385977296
Canon armor is Youngblood. "Cover" armor looks like the Unusual top with youngblood bottom. Both have descriptions that say they suit william. Drops off regular enemies throughout the game, can be forged once you pick up the pieces. Can be transmog'd too, which is what you'll want because the armor itself has no set bonuses, which are the ky to this game.
>>
>>385977296
it's a common drop, the Unusual Armor set. you get each part separately, just like the others
in the cover image he's using without the headpiece, which is just a crappy mask
it also doesn't have that floaty cape thing
>>
>>385977151
critical builds are top tier since everything one shots you anyway

luck is also really important for ethereal drops
>>
>>385977145
I'll probably do that when I get a good Kamui, I picked up a +7 monohoshizao and I've been using that a bit. But I just started WotD so I can switch whenever I need to
>>
>>385970535
Tatenashi is this game's Havel Set
Way of the Wise is a bullshit difficulty mode, it's a literal OHKO fest unless you're already at god tier stats, then you can maybe survive two or three hits
>>
Still don't know whether i prefer are or odachi.
Axe seems to have a really good ki damage but base moveset is an ass and aside from lumber chop specials ain't that hot either.
Odachi has that cool as fuck multihit move in low stance, moonlit snow, big-ass iai, some abilities that utterly fuck humans and like twice as much range than axe.
What's gonna have a better synergy with a spear?
>>
>Just found out I'm lucky enough to have 4 "Thrown weapon damage" and 4 "Thrown weapon damage x2" inheritables.

Now I can make the EXTRA bullshit ninja build I've been wanting to.
>>
>>385977431
the skill damage buff is strong, better than kato's ccd
the guard ki reduction and lightning damage
almost 30 additional ki
if you stack the life drain, it gets pretty significant

on my obsidian build, i'd get back over 300 hp from a grapple, which happened often because axe is so good at guard breaking, but on wotw I admit the life drain isn't going to matter

kara is a shitty lw guardian tho
>>
File: 1487771257921.webm (1MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487771257921.webm
1MB, 854x480px
>>385977817
axe + 1kat is king
spear + kusarigama is queen
>>
I played this a ton for 2-3 days then just stopped for some reason. Last thing I remember doing was a side mission on a bridge against a guy with a white mask that's supposedly useful. I ended up going ninja with the chain and sickle, very fun game. Anybody have any idea how much I have left to play?
>>
>>385976218
About the same.
>>
>>385978215
>side mission on a bridge against a guy with a white mask that's supposedly useful
that's barely a third into the game
>>
>>385976218
the combat is a lot more involved and complicated

I've seen das2/3 shitters cry that the game is too fast

I'd say it has a higher learning curve, but is just as easy once you get the muscle memory for it
>>
>>385978215
You're probably like 1/3 of the way through the game not counting DLC or higher difficulties.
>>
>>385978215
you're on the 3rd of like 6 or 7 regions on the very first difficulty
>>
>>385978383
I'm someone who often lists DkS1 as his all time favorite game, and even I think the combat in Nioh is better. Whenever I go back to Souls, not being able to Ki Pulse triggers the shit out of me.
>>
>>385978372
>>385978389
Oh neat, thanks. Going to get stuck in again, see how I get on. Honestly a lot of the game is fairly simple at this point, although it makes sense if I'm still early on. Most fun I've had so far is Warrior of the West on the corn field, the difficulty was about right. I'm assuming it eventually gets to the point where you can only take 1-2 hits and every hit needs to be well placed?
>>
>>385978564
I'm pretty much in the same boat but I haven't gone back to a souls game yet.

I can imagine the framerate feeling drastically different.
>>
>>385978564
Right? I thought Ki pulse was over complex at first but it becomes second nature like Gears of War reloading.

That said, Flux is over complicated shit and I'll never bother with it intentionally. Hats off to you if you can manage to infinite combo Flux III.
>>
>>385978749
Yeah, especially on higher difficulties. Some of the Way of the Wise (new highest difficulty) side-missions are Ninja Gaiden Black Master Ninja-tier hard.
>>
>>385978749
this only happens in the DLC chapters and it only takes a bit of grinding, mostly to get a decent gear suitable for postgame
hell only raises in the additional difficulty levels. you can enjoy the whole game in standard difficulty just fine. I mean, if you can handle Umi Bozu and those raven fucks, you're ready to face the rest
>>
>>385978749
the opposite

you get exponentially stronger if you pick you set bonuses right, then you get shit on in the next ng

repeat until ng+++ where basically everything 1 shots you no matter what
>>
>>385978992
At Umi Bozu, I cheesed it with fire shot by accident (was already Omiyo/Ninja).

Impressed, I subsequently I respec'd and became a cheating peice of shit mage/ninja for the rest of the game, until becoming the God Who Looks Down post-game.
>>
>>385978959
flux is just incentive to change up your stance, which you should be doing if you're ki pulsing anyway

flux ii is an extra button press from the stance you're not using to the one you want to

flash attack is basically like a bloodborne transformation attack
>>
>>385978971
>>385978992
>>385979026
Neat, I picked up the season pass on sale at the same time as buying the game, so I have the higher difficulties to look forward to. The bosses are fun (umi bozu was tedious, but the raven girl was awesome since you really needed to learn her tells) and I like the level design/atmosphere, but at the moment it almost feels like I'm not able to take full advantage of the combat system since the regular enemies don't put up as much of a fight unless you're drastically outnumbered.
>>
>nioh is on EU psn sale
>NA gets free "dude slavery is bad" asscreed game instead
Thank you Sony.
>>
>>385979242
I really hope they do something about Ethereal gear in the next patches or the final DLC
either they increase the drop rate and make those sets decent or make it so we can increase the rank of Divine sets because either you go full Tatenashi or you're a goddamn paper tiger in WotW
>>
File: based_and_white.jpg (98KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
based_and_white.jpg
98KB, 1000x800px
I just picked it up and went on /v/ seeing if there was a thread and lo and behold there is. Any general tips to know early game?
>>
>>385979360
just practice getting ki pulse into muscle memory

that's the most important thing you need to do to unlock the total potential of the combat system
>>
>>385979439
>implying
that shitty multi-week indie "sale" is just a glorified ad. the real sale is coming later.
>>
>>385978842
same here, next from soft game better have something like ki pulse
>>
>>385970535
It's my current goty.
>>
>>385979460
>any general tips to know early game?

see
>>385979504

pick up flux and the abilities that let you ki pulse by dodging asap
>>
>>385979460
dodge. and take your time with every enemy
>>
>>385979460
here is a basic explanation of the combat system from a soulsfag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp04chA_DFE
>>
>>385979460
don't worry about literally anything, at all. just advance at your own pace and see if you want to cheese with Sloth Talismans or not.
don't even lose your shit over dying and losing your souls. this game got plenty of farming spots and the real progress depends on your gear, your priority on stats should be over them meeting the requirements for your armor + stam so you don't fatroll.
>>
>>385979504
Oh, I know, but thanks. I know how to play just fine. I mean more that the potential of the combat system, the intricacies are kind of lost since you feel like you need to take advantage of stances and weapon switching etc to survive. You can wing most non-boss fights just using a single stance of your choice which is a little disappointing. IMO it has the most rewarding combat out of any of these sort of games, but a lot of it is used for stylin' on people. In regular play you'll mostly just use dodging and ki pulsing. I'm waiting for it to reach the point where I have to make full use of stances, items and weapon switching for certain enemies to just scrape through a level and feel like I've earned it.
>>
>>385979460
Learn ki pulsing. 90% of the early game deaths are from poor ki management, as being hit while out of ki is a death sentence.
>>
>>385979308
Yeah so my playstyle is to pick the weapon and stance for the enemy and then consistently use that until they are dead.

If the enemy also switched stances it would make sense to adapt too, but since pancaking a guy with a sword isn't going to be less effective after the first time, I may as well keep pancaking.

That said, snake neck dudes from past DLC were exactly what I was after and if I didn't think they were bullshit unavoidable cocks I'd enjoy more of that.

Yes, I'm aware that human enemies switch stances too, but it's such a subtle change to them I couldn't be fucked.
>>
>>385979997
I change stance as I need either because of the moveset, or more often because I want to use a stance specific skill then I kind of default back to mid just by impulse

that's probably from using 1kat so much because of backwave though
>>
>>385970535
was good, waiting for dlc
>>
>>385979959
Can anyone confirm if this ends up happening? Are the higher difficulties just "you take more damage", or do you need to make full use of all your tools to make it? So far you can achieve everything you need just by dodging back, whiff punishing with a couple of hits then dodging back again which ki pulses. I was expecting to have to be on my toes but all of the fun stuff just feels like it's there for fun.
>>
>>385981458
well, by virtue of being overly cheap it naturally forces you to git gud to progress.
you'll take several days, maybe weeks of grinding just so you can get a full body's worth of ethereal gear and it will be all scattered into different sets. only with proper ethereal equipment that you stand a chance against everything at the same balancing as your first run in NG, taking a few hits before dying and dealing fair damage against your enemies.
even full divine gear is shit in WotW
>>
Is there a way to choose twilight missions?

I got a message saying that a new twilight mission was unlocked, but there are only 2 selectable missions and I have already cleared them.
>>
>>385981458
>>385981868
of course, Way of the Strong / Demon also start like that, but they are more generous with loot and there is more set variety to help you, it's not as terrible
>>385981991
they rotate every day, you can't choose what comes next
>>
>>385981458
>Are the higher difficulties just "you take more damage", or do you need to make full use of all your tools to make it?
it's actually both.
the more you advance across the other difficulty modes, you see how it all boils down to how much you can tank through your mistakes.
go significantly far back and you can feel like a god as the blades and arrows scratch you like a kitten.
the last difficulty mode will almost always punish you just like Master Ninja does in NG, as in, by presuming you already know how to deal with each enemy type's attack patterns and how to approach them during their openings.
>>
I'm currently doing Way of the Strong but i ain't getting any divine drops besides on revenants.
Should i just keep killing revenants if i need a gear update?
>>
PSN isn't really working for me.....
>>
>>385984706
nah, just keep finishing the rest of the quests, you'll get whatever you want on the way.
maybe farm if you want to have at least your first full divine gear, but that's it. focus on finding the parts of the set you want and store everything else so you can fuse it all into your gear at the blacksmith so it gets to +10
also, no revenants drop equipment +1 and above, all of them are permanently at base level. only regular enemies and bosses drop enhanced equips
>>
And Idk, I never played it.
>>
>>385970535
Just got to way of the demon, why are the red enemies so slow? They have all this attack power and all these buffs, and then they get their speed cut by 1/3?
>>
>>385979959
That point happened. It was called the Nioh Alpha. But good things aren't allowed to last sadly as they only get shot down by others who fail to see it. Later difficulties would likely brute force that kind of thing due to the damage and enemy buffs though, but swapping between stances can be a lot more useful than you think since the required dodge or attack does change quite frequently during most fights, it's just the window is small and you aren't punished much for not taking advantage of it, except for the places where they randomly cranked up damage in their lone and failed attempt at mitigating the changes made to the base game from those early versions.
>>
>>385985548
just a small handicap to compensate for the inflated stats
>>
>>385975456
>2kat below axe and odachi with that many ">"s in between

Are you high? 2kat is strong as fuck. You can discord shit easily and god of wind + sign of the cross wrecks shit.
>>
>>385975456
Tonfa's eat through ki like it's candy you shitter, on top of having one of the best mystic arts in the game.
>>
>>385974546
They made bare handed stone throwers a viable build to an extent. No bare handed attacks, though.
>>
>>385979308
Flux gains more ki back and lets you keep on attacking forever. When you discord or fully deplete the ki of a yokai you can just wail on them by constantly fluxing between different stances and stunlocking them in the process. Fluxing between stances is like one of the first things you want to learn. It's always R1 and then the button. It also works if you press them at the same time but it's better to hit R1 first.
>>
>>385970535
I still don't understand why anyone would wanna play a linear level based dark souls
>>
>>385987169
You mean like Demon's Souls?
>>
>>385987169
Good combat can carry just about any game for me.
>>
>>385970535
It's a mediocre souls rip off with an extremely horrible mmo loot system. Haven't touched it in ages. I don't suggest you buy it.
>>
>>385987680
>this is what soulsfags actually believe
>>
>>385987169
it's not like the interconnected exploration in dark souls means much anyway. besides a few farming spots, most of the way you'll get through will be left behind after the first trek and the backtracking you'll be making for stuff like covenant items around a specific bonfire isn't much different than picking a stage in Nioh
>>
>>385970535
There's more DLC coming. Just wait for the GOTY edition that's guarenteed to happen.
>>
>>385972848
Bloodborne, Malicious Fallen, FF XII, (if that's not your thing go with something else
>>
>>385987753
Souls is superior in every way. Level design, enemy variety, build variety, bosses, atomsphere, and even the online is better. You'd have to be a total shit eater to play this game when you could be playing souls or bloodborne.
>>
>>385987680
>mediocre souls rip off
it's the best souls rip off out there
>>
>>385987832
the deluxe edition is already the GOTY edition, there is nothing confirmed over what was announced for the season pass.
>>
>>385970829
Very few games are worth $50. That's why you should just pirate most games. Gotta outjew the Jew.
>>
>>385988005
Underaged shits like you are why Dark Souls was a mistake.
>>
>>385987943
Malicious is just an arcade-ish boss rush, not worth the price
>>
>>385988047
>80 goddamn dollars

Yeah, I'll pass.
>>
>can't have a nioh thread without assblasted soulsfags shitting everything up
why /v/? Why can't you live and let live?
>>
>>385988138
It's easily worth the price. There's 18 unique bosses, you faggot.
>arcadish

wat
>>
>>385988196
you know there's this thing called a "sale", right?
also, there's this strange phenomenon in which games permanently drop their prices cumulatively as time passes.
>>
>>385988269
arcade-ish in the sense that what you see is what you get. there's no leveling, no equipment, nothing.
you beat the stage the way you are, there's no way around it.
>>
>>385988531
You haven't even played it, have you? You gain two new abilities got each boss completed, you have multiple weapons, and you do get boosts to your attack and defense from certain bosses.
It's pretty much DMC meets SotC
>>
>>385988696
is it something exclusive to this version?
I have the PS3 one and got tired after the third boss, I don't have much patience for games that lock you to specific conditions for a challenge and don't allow you to get some kind of gradual upgrade as you keep trying
>>
>>385988696
also
>you have multiple weapons
yes but these are the same as from when you begin the game, it's not like when you beat the boss they level up and deal more damage or increase range.
also that stuff about getting boosts yto your stats sound like bullshit, I clearly remember the bosses gaining buffs, not you. this game is like megaman, whatever strenght you get is from using the right abilities against them
>>
>>385987343
That game doesn't exist stop making up words
>>
>>385987782
Maybe it just because im the kinda guy who hates dungeon crawlers but I just don't understand the appeal of gathering weapons and items if I can only use them in a level replay
>>
>>385988220
OP made this thread to ask if Nioh is worth buying and I was simply informing him that it is shit. If you want some Nioh general safe space then go to /vg/
>>
>>385989958
Now that you've done so, fuck off back to your stale game please.
>>
>>385988005
we played the same game? i played every souls including bloodborne, i can agree with you on the desing..enemy, builds, etc. BUT nioh takes the cake because of the combat, it is vastly superior, we can talk about how much souls lost the atmosphere in dks2 and 3. or how good is the music in the bloodborne and the bosses. but i find myself playing nioh like a madman, this past few months i played, p5,horizon,yakuza 0,nier,and nioh..and the only game that i keep coming back to play is nioh. and why is that? because of the combat. mind you, i have 700 or more hours in bloodborne, but with nioh imho i love the learning curve, way of the wise seems a very cool adition for me at least. hopefully you can give your opinion now. souls and bloodborne are excellent games, but saying that nioh is bad because of "atmosphere, online and bosses.." there has to be something more..the core of that way of thinking is "i love souls game and nothing more" so, yeah, i'll wait your honest opinion
>>
>>385989898
aren't you replaying levels when you bonfire warp back to some place you're already went through?
you can even respawn the bosses if you're sunbroing.
also, all the souls games have some kind of incentive for NG+ so the appeal is there for replaying everything over and over with the stuff you've gathered
>>
>>385990239
I think Souls making you restart the whole game just to refight a boss is very bad for long term replayability.
>>
>>385987169
I'll play anything with better combat than dark souls
>>
>>385990239
Yes but the open world creates the illusion that its not.
>>
>>385989958
your whining against a safe space is no better than the whinings of those against shitposting, take your moral posturing back to /r/darksouls
>>
>>385990483
but the bonfires and the clearly defined area divisions (complete with names showing up every time you enter them) screw that illusion.
>>
>>385970535
Worth playing if you like action games period. I payed $20 and would have payed more if I knew it was so good. The combat is satisfying like no other game this gen.
>>
>>385990402
as long as the servers are up, I don't mind.
sunbroing is easier to get summoned than PvP and you can have your fill of them as many times as your internet connection allows
>>
>>385990814
What if I want to play solo? I also heavily dislike the lag that happens in online.
>>
>>385972272

Tonfas and odachi can be obtained from any point in the base game if you already bought the DLCs. They're even available as your starter weapon supposedly.

Also
>not making PvP character based
>>
>>385990892
considering the amount of scrubs looking for an easy way out, you'll be mostly playing solo. the better scrubs even help you by serving as bait so the boss gives you even more openings
as for lag, never had it bad enough to kill me. meanwhile pvp can shit the bed in this aspect
but okay, if you want to play offline, then I guess only DS2 can help you with this thanks to bonfire ascetics
>>
>>385990919
as someone who has logged countless hours in dark souls 1 pvp, loves nioh and has AA- rank in nioh's pvp, I have to say nioh's pvp is absolute trash with terrible netcode
>>
>>385991210
even if the scrub summoner does literally nothing, DS (and Nioh for that matter) are so bad at dealing with multiple players that I very much prefer soloing.
>>
>>385979460

You're always going to be getting better loot, so don't bother upgrading weapons or armor. Focus more on set bonuses and inheritables.

Learn how to ki pulse and ki flux.

Pretty much every stat is useful, so there's nothing wrong with pumping multiple stats at a time.
>>
>>385970535
It's good enough. Like Dark Souls, you get limited magic casts without particular items to replenish, and also like Dark Souls magic breaks the game over its knee with a sickening crack. The weapons are fun enough, and style switching is a great system.
>>
>>385970535
It's good, if you're a PS4 owner and like challenging games I'd recommend it. I beat the game and got pissed off in the DLC so I never finished it.
>>
>>385991289

I have no doubts about that, but choosing characters from a roster would be a lot more interesting if balanced properly. Dojo mode would be an improvement over the shit we have now but it wouldn't stop people from running around with the same cheesy ninjutsu/onmyo.
>>
It is a fun game but i realized something.
This type of game can only be fun if you can brag to friends who also played it. D
>>
>>385992064
onmyo and ninjutsu has sets that allow you to replenish them after finishing living weapon

there are also shinobi boxes and sacred brushes that are semi-rare usable items that replenish a percentage of your ninjutsu and onmyo, respectively

onmyo allows you to pretty much discord anything instant

ninjutsu storm kunai can 1-2 shot just about any boss all the way up to WotD

not that any of that is a bad thing
>>
File: bb.png (67KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
bb.png
67KB, 200x183px
>game takes my sanada crimson set away because everyone could pick it up from boons when the first DLC came out
>oh well it's gonna be available in the next DLC, no big deal
>it's a different fucking set altogether
>>
>>385970535
i enjoyed it a lot some of the boss challenges are stupid difficult though. im not sure how i feel of a dark souls esque game that you can just grind levels/gear to beat instead of getting good though
>>
>>385992387
?

the original sanada set still exists, you get a smithing text for it if you participated in the beta or preordered

I just made one yesterday because it actually necessary to stack the most ccd (critical) possible
>>
I bought this on a whim last weekend. Love the game. Love the gimmicks and the speed. The music and atmosphere are comfy. Loot system is as satisfying as your typical lootfest game. Just wish there was more enemy variety.
>>
>>385992587
way of the wise is a lot more enjoyable as far as variety is concerned, getting one shot by everything takes it down a peg though
>>
>>385992825
Do you think it's worth the dosh?
>>
>>385992939
the dlcs?

they're both short

half of the content of the newest one comes from the new difficulty and gear rarity tier. It really depends on if you're entertained playing through multiple NGs farming better and better gear

I have 500 hours logged, but I can imagine most people just run through on way of the samurai then stop
>>
>>385970535
Pretty fun, enemy/level variety was pretty weak, the combat was well done.

I regret putting 10 hours or so into the beta, since i got over the initial learning curve before the game even came out
>>
>>385993239
Sounds cool. Thanks
>>
>>385973251
>horizon
Isn't it just assassin's creed?
>>
>>385994034
nah, it plays more like the Tomb Raider reboot than Asscreed
>>
>>385974935
Ignore >>385976047

True honorabu samurai keep their katana sheathed at all times and use Iai exclusively.
>>
Bdbhdbshs
>>
>>385972848
I know I'll get some shit for MUH MULTIPLAT but NuDoom is quite fun. And despite the intense shitposting, Horizon: Zero Dawn is a good investment.
>>
>>385970535
It's gay
Thread posts: 211
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.