[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm confused People hate the living hell out of MGS4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_6825.jpg (35KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6825.jpg
35KB, 600x330px
I'm confused

People hate the living hell out of MGS4

But they also hate MGSV

But when you tell people Metal gear 4 was better than MGSV or simplysay it's a fun game, people get mad and actually defend MGSV

how does this make sense exactly?
>>
>>385969570
>People hate the living hell out of MGS4

things that never happened. people were having orgasms over this game when it came out. I was a thief fag myself but the overwhelming reception of this game forced me to play the series. it was the vidya equivalent of breaking bad.
>>
>>385969570
>But they also hate MGSV

they couldn't handle the Phantom Pain.
>>
Because MGSV, while deeply flawed, was still gameplay driven and didn't have anything as offensively bad as 4's epilogue or Johnny.
>>
>>385969570
4 was kino
V was ludo
>>
MGS4: Bad story (and a lot of it) with okay gameplay but not enough of it

MGSV: Bad story with great gameplay (and a lot of it)

Both are flawed but MGSV is much more fun.
>>
Both games were balanced Inappropriately.

MGS4 was literally like a 20 hour movie. Full of garbage retcons, and made an attempt to weave together 3 isolated missions into some kind of web of masterminded conspiracy, and you know what? It comes off as completely retarded. Gameplay was Ok, but there was far too much fanservice, and really dumb shit in it.

MGS5 had a retarded plot, and there was virtually none of it. Miller literally goes "We don't know what Skullface wants, be we have to stop him". MGS5 had amazing gameplay, but falls into typical open world garbage where nothing has any inherent value. You're literally grinding numbers at mother base to get a marginal upgrade to your rifle or sidearm. It's all fluff, without any substance. There was a severe lack of an enemy squad of memorable characters. The skulls don't count, they were essentially just generics.

Both games heavily flawed. If I had to replay, probably 5. 4 is just so fucking retarded even if I skipped all the cutscenes I'd still get mad.
>>
>>385970309
>MGSV: Bad story

except it was brilliant.
>>
I've replayed 4 multiple times and will probably do so again in the future. I doubt I will ever touch V again.
>>
>>385969817
Breaking bad and MGS4 are both trash
>>
>>385969570
> people ITT actually defending the unfinished mess that V was

Yeah, it had the best gameplay in the series but everything else was absolute garbage or was inferior to its predecessor, PW.
>>
>>385970523
>skull face
>quiet
>vocal chord parasites
no.
>>
>>385970451
>Full of garbage retcons

lies.
>>
Both of them ruined the lore and history of the series cause Kojima can't fucking write.
>>
MGS3 was the last great MGS game
>>
>>385970451
>Full of garbage retcons
MGS fans don't know what retcon is. Almost none of those listed here
http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Retcon
are retcons
>>
>>385970451
Retard alert.
>>
MGS4 was incredible and did basically everything you could want it to. The only complain was that the gameplay didn't last quite long enough, but it was so mechanically amazing that you could replay it a million times anyway, and had more variety over its length than V by a long shot.
>>
>>385969570
MGS4 is Kino.
>>
Who had the worse saga, Solid or Big Boss?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (121KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
121KB, 1920x1080px
>>385971709
Snake
>>
>>385971812
But which snake?
>>
MGS4 is a bad game, but a great Metal Gear game
MGSV is a great game, but a bad Metal Gear game
I hope this clears things up
>>
>>385971471
Yeah that pseudo stealth level design really lends itself to more the 2 playthroughs
>>
File: Pipo_Snake.png (278KB, 534x796px) Image search: [Google]
Pipo_Snake.png
278KB, 534x796px
>>385971860
Snake Snake
>>
>>385971913
>MGS4 is a bad game, but a great Metal Gear game

Nigger fuck off.
>>
>>385969570
Because MGS4 retroactively ruined MGS1-3 with its awful, awful story, explaining certain mysteries in the dumbest way possible.
>>
>>385972134
>Comes from Ape Escape, which was a good series that was poorly managed and treated like shit
Makes sense.
>>
>>385971913
>mgs4 is a bad game, but a great movie

Fixed that for you
>>
Alright. So I aske y'all about the hate these 2 games incur

Now I have another question.

Which game felt like it had more heart to it?
>>
MGS4 had the best control configuration of the first 4 mainline games. I only wish they could have let you use them in 2 and 3 in the HD collection like it did for PW HD.
>>
>>385971913
Again, stop calling mgs4 a game, it was a movie
>>
File: RaidenMGS4.jpg (65KB, 630x1100px) Image search: [Google]
RaidenMGS4.jpg
65KB, 630x1100px
>>385970451
>and really dumb shit in it.

some dumb shit was good.

Like Rex vs Ray. Also fixing Raiden.
>>
>>385973729
T A C T I C A L
P
U
M
P
S
>>
>>385973909
it works
>>
>>385972884
Objectively MGS4, last MG game with any heart in it
>>
>>385975284
I actually think 4 had the least heart out of any of the games at least in terms of what Kojima put into it. Instead of having a genuine message that he wanted to get across, it felt more like Kojima just filled 4 with half hearted fan service, and called it a day.
>>
>>385975736
If Kojima really didn't care for 4, he wouldn't have had Snake's advanced aging, the world being the way it is and the entire fourth and fifth chapter. He would've just made MG2 again, like he did with MGS1-3, but wouldn't have covered up the fact with good characters
>>
>>385970776
>skull face
Skull Face was a pretentious faggot whose only redeeming feature was his golden voice.
>Quiet
You leave her out of this. Her arc enriches Venom's inevitable descent into madness, and the only thing Kojima did wrong with her was under utilize her story in the game and try to counter-shame the SJWs that flipped out over her design.
>vocal chord parasites
They were a cool concept and an intelligent way to signal the origin story of nanomachines, but it was horribly executed. After five hours of cassette tapes with Code Talker explaining how they work, I still don't understand them.
>>
>>385969817

>MGS is the Breaking Bad of vidya

You take that back you Shit Cunt.
>>
>>385969817
>things that never happened.
Uuuh wrong sweetie.
>>
>>385969817
>breaking bad
nigger MGS2 is one of the greatest works of art ever
>>
wait so MGS4 is bad only because it has retcons and because it makes jokes of itself?
>>
>>385970656
The """"story"""" of MGS was always garbage so it's not like it really mattered
>>
>>385970309
More like this, except to be fair most of MGSV felt unfinished.
>>
>>385969570
Gamers with mental illnesses who prefer cutscenes to gameplay keep trying to shit on V and justify their love of 4.

4 was made for the autismos who demand continuity where there wasn't meant to be, and it's downright pathetic when they shit on V as being "a bad MGS game" because it doesn't have mah soap opera.
>>
>>385974036
I find that surreally believable.

but is it really tho?
>>
Nothing in MGSV is as bad as Act 3.
>>
File: 1501466277426.png (170KB, 332x356px) Image search: [Google]
1501466277426.png
170KB, 332x356px
>>385978925
>but is it really tho?

just replace anime with video games
>>
>>385979128
where the arguments at?
>>
>>385969570
Why do I feel like the people who legitamitely love MGSV are the same people who excuse destiny being trash and empty and insist that 2 will Be different and better.
>>
File: wrong.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>385969817

>people were having orgasms over this game when it came out
>>
>>385969570
MGS4 has the most nonsensical stupid shit happening in quick sucession of any metal gear title, people like to argue "B-but MGS2 had vamp and fatman", fucking MGS4
>old Snake still doing stuff that men in their prime wish they could, only really playing the age in cutscenes or when it's convinient
>a poop joke as a main character
>every single boss is fanservice with no character
>still has vamp
>raiden breakdancing
>a monkey drinking soda
>catapults that launch men
>Ocelot shoot banging with this finger for an whole cutscene
>soldiers replaced by black balls with no personality
>meryl marries the poop joke
>nanomachines caused everything
>Big Boss appearing at end for the sole purpuse of explain how everything is a connected grand conspirancy for 90 mins
>>
Despite all the complaints about MGS4's story, I preferred it to the firing squad execution idea. I have not once ever felt sad at even a movie scene that did either a firing squad or hanging or any other similar kind of scene. And here's the reason why: resignation. It's just giving in to imminent death and fate. There's no bark, no bite, no struggle, no tension, no friction, no fighting, no conflict. It just drops it all there and says "I give up, kill me".

I've always felt more for the people who fought against their fate only to meet any demise, but feel nothing for those who give up and let death take them.

Like that one scene in the Bruce Lee movie Fists of Fury or as it's otherwise known, The Chinese Connection. Not to be confused with the other one we knew as Fists of Fury that is actually called The Big Boss. Some kind of SF Bosses naming thing going on. Anyway, at the end, Bruce Lee saw imminent death in the form of a crowd of people all pointing guns at him ready to take him in. What did he do? He felt anger at the injustice and charged at them, and we hear gunshots, signaling his fate. But this also showed that he wasn't going to just let them take him, he wanted to make a statement.

Firing squad executions, hangings, etc, they don't make a statement much more than "I give up, there's no way out." Unless they decided to try and escape or fight back, there's nothing, and it feels empty, not sad.

And that's why I prefer what we got. It's not remarkable, but still way more emotive. Especially the microwave hall scene and the last fight.
>>
>>385980178
Nothing wrong with any of that.
>>
>>385980352

You might be autistic.
>>
>>385980178
>old Snake still doing stuff that men in their prime wish they could, only really playing the age in cutscenes or when it's convinient
Because he has drive and is actually in shape unlike Amerifats, and story doesn't interfere with gameplay
>a poop joke as a main character
He's a side character that only does stuff at the end of the fifth chapter
>every single boss is fanservice with no character
That's a legitimate issue, but most of their boss fights are still good
>still has vamp
He gets explained and killed though
>raiden breakdancing
So?
>a monkey drinking soda
Kojima tells retarded jokes, big surprise
>catapults that launch men
It could work
>Ocelot shoot banging with this finger for an whole cutscene
It goes on for a while, but it's funny the first time
>soldiers replaced by black balls with no personality
They're security
>meryl marries the poop joke
So?
>nanomachines caused everything
Over-exaggerating
>Big Boss appearing at end for the sole purpuse of explain how everything is a connected grand conspirancy for 90 mins
Still a good ending
>>
>>385980512
I think you've started to do the wrong thing

Take Metal gear seriously.

Like geez dude, it's like people don't wanna have fun or they think X has to be Y in order to be allowed to have fun.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.