[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got into gaming around this time last year, but all I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Got into gaming around this time last year, but all I've owned until now is a PS4. I wanted to see what I've been missing out on, and my buddy suggested I get a Nintendo 64.
So I ordered a Nintendo 64 and it should be here in a few days. I bought Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time along with it.
Any tips for going into these games? Also, what else should I pick up for the 64?
>>
>>385960126
just enjoy them. they're great games that'll keep you busy for awhile. the next two i'd get would be banjo kazooie and mario kart
>>
Mario kart 64, the graphics aren't as good as ps4 of course but they are essential games
>>
>>385960339
Thanks man, will do! Banjo Kazooie was on my radar
>>
all the Rare games

mario kart/party/golf if you got friends
>>
>>385960639
Well, Mario Party is how you get rid of friends actually. Still useful in certain circumstances
>>
>>385960486
some other suggestions for later
>doom 64
>shadow man
>mischief makers
>wave race
>wwf no mercy
>>
>>385960126
They're pretty damn self-explanatory games to be honest. Like literally playable by kids.

That being said, if they still do come with their original manuals, read them. Not only were manuals truly amazing back in the days, a lot of extra trivia may be found from em.

>Also, what else should I pick up for the 64?
Goldeneye 007
Perfect Dark
Banjo-Kazooie & Tooie
Zelda: Majora's Mask
Super Smash Bros
Doom 64
Duke Nukem: Zero Hour
Paper Mario
Resident Evil 2
>>
>>385960126
I think the original Smash Bros was the best. Pick that one up
>>
Bumping wholesome thread.

Reccing DK64, Majoras mask (after OOT), Conkers bad fur day and Paper mario. Paper Mario is an absolute must. Comfiest of comfy-core games.
>>
>>385960876
>>385960908
Add in Pod Racer and Rogue Squadron. Only check out Majora's Mask if Ocarina of Time is a thing you wind up liking.
>>
>>385960968
it's more of a multiplayer game tho
>>
>>385960126
As far as the n64 goes, get resident evil 2

Also, since you have a ps4 buy Resident evil 1 remake, and resident evil 4.

these games are pure kino
>>
File: 1498572592853.gif (2MB, 415x311px) Image search: [Google]
1498572592853.gif
2MB, 415x311px
>>385960126
Get ready to enjoy the best action-adventure game ever made. The main advice I can give is to not use any guides or anything, just explore the world and figure things out on your own. Also, the game as a whole is great, but really gets good when you enter the adult timeline. My favorite boss battles of the series by far. There's also a shit ton of stuff to do outside of the main quest -- fishing, minigames, trading sequences, lots of stuff.

In terms of other games I would say you absolutely MUST buy Perfect Dark -- there is no other shooter like it. Banjo-Kazooie and Star Fox 64 are also fucking fantastic.

Enjoy the best console of all time.
>>
>>385960126
Your post is really cute OP, buy bomberman 64.
>>
You're dipping your feet into fun hobby. Bet let me warn you - collecting retro games is becoming really expensive and not worth it as time goes on.

My best recommendation for you is:
-buy a used Wii (og model with gamecube controller and memcard ports) along with a wii classic controller
-install homebrew and mod it. There are very in depth tutorials online and it's pretty easy to do now
-install emulators and get roms of whatever you want to play
-the wii supports a wide range of platforms this way. NES, SNES, GB, N64, GBA, Genesis, sega CD, NEO GEO, etc. You can even put gamecube and wii iso files on a hard drive and run those off the system

Also the psp is great for these same reasons and easy as hell to mod. Tons of ps1 classics playable on it. Have fun.
>>
>>385961730
A WiiU would be a better choice.
>>
>>385961730
Also, a decent pc would work good.

I'm not really familiar with what you need, but I used to emulate gamecube games on a PC with an old core 2 duo e8400.
>>
>>385961802
Hey you're probably right. I have yet to do this to mine. Maybe I'll get on that soon.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.