[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is it that despite making barely any games, Valve still dominates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: valve-logo.jpg (41KB, 1240x826px) Image search: [Google]
valve-logo.jpg
41KB, 1240x826px
How is it that despite making barely any games, Valve still dominates the "esports" scene?
>>
>>385956627
They can fund it with hat bucks
>>
>>385956729
You can't make people watch something with funding alone.
>>
>>385957378
People watch asians play DOTA 2 because they don't have a life senpai
The initial funding for their tournaments is hat-based
>>
>>385957535
Then why do people buy hats?
>>
>>385956627
Dota and cs:go are like the two most played games in the world.
>>
>>385958068
Yeah, but they have no reason to dominate esports like they do
>>
>>385957959
Because they think 2 and a half bucks is an okay amount for a gamble at a good cosmetic
>>
>>385956627
Dota 2 and CSGO are small in comparison.
It's because Valve targets the hardcore gamers and refuses to cater towards casuals.
>>
>>385958705
Wouldn't the be more successful from the casual market though?
>>
>>385958227
tell me, what should dominate esports instead ?
>>
>>385958227

They do. They have the only reason why they dominate esports when other titles try to push themselves by having the publisher organize big events, centralized leagues and throwing money at everything. Dota and CS have a strong, well established communities that would maintain a strong scene even without Valve's presence.
>>
>>385958959
No.
They may come in masses, but they also go, as soon as something new and shiny is on the horizon.
Zynga learned it the hard way.

Heroes won't be nerfed, just because it's a bane in the lower MMR brackets. Riki won't be nerfed, just because these stupid fucks refuse to buy sentry wards and dust.
>>
>>385959603
But they'll nerf Alchemist.
>>
>>385957959
This>>385958259
Microtransactions are all gambling based now. You pay $2.50 and hope you get something ultra-rare and people will see it and think you have a huge dick or something, i dono.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.