[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some of the most heavily atmospheric and immersive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1501341100308.jpg (2MB, 4257x3173px) Image search: [Google]
1501341100308.jpg
2MB, 4257x3173px
What are some of the most heavily atmospheric and immersive games ever? Something about them that's so well constructed that you just can't help but lose yourself in the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIqJaT3cvf8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2XnR0cKfnY

I think a lot of it is sound design and a stylish but believable artstyle. After some deliberation, I think HR>DE1. If you haven't done a playthrough with commentary enabled, I recommend it, it shows just how much of this game was cut and still turned out this good.
>>
Demon's Souls
REmake
STALKER
>>
Bio shock 1 and 2
Fallout 1, 2 and new Vegas
Thief 1 and 2
Dishonored
>>
>>385953839
Metro
The Long Dark
>>
>>385954115
>>385954587
Agree about REmake and Fallouts 1, 2 and NV
Strongly agree about the Thief games, the sound design is OFF THE CHARTS in those

just listen to this voice acting and the music in the background
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zIFJ8ScSx8
if you're gonna play, I suggest enabling sound EAX too
>>
>>385953839
not Human Revolution, that's for sure
>>
Mankind Divided was amazing, Praga is the best DX hub.
>>
First four silent hill games
>>
>>385955382
and why not, anon? Game has excellent worldbuilding and artsyle. You can argue that the original is better in terms of freeform gameplay, but those are different things
>>
>>385955524
Prague didn't feel very cyberpunk at all. Hengsha in HR was the best.
>>
The Witcher games all feel pretty atmospheric.
System Shock 2 as well, for the same reasons as Deus Ex and the Thief games.
Max Payne.
>>
Metro 2033
>>
Dungeon Keeper
Oddworld: Abe's Oddyssey / Exoddus
System Shock 2, although the music, while good, may ruin the mood for some.
>>
File: 1475776003708.jpg (1MB, 3200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1475776003708.jpg
1MB, 3200x1800px
>>385955524
my pc can't handle it, but the overall consensus on /v/ is that it's bad because it literally got cut in half, performance is awful, sjw hamfisted themes, and can you honestly compare the artstyle to DE1 and HR? I can't imagine Prague being cooler than Hengsha, especially with all of the stuff that got cut from Hengsha (pic related). I hear the sidequests are great tho.

Should I do a youtube playthrough?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.