[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is like working at a video game store? >your location

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: video-games-storefront.jpg (3MB, 2200x1570px) Image search: [Google]
video-games-storefront.jpg
3MB, 2200x1570px
What is like working at a video game store?

>your location
>the store you worked at
>best or most exciting thing to happen in your time working there
>worst thing to happen
>would you recommend this job to other anons?
>>
>>385936719
working in retail is absolutely always shit
people suck and you have to deal with them while pretending to care
>>
>>385938078
Working food service is worse than retail.
>>
>>385938254
no, in retail, especially something hobby-related like video games, you get these social reject faggots who think the store and it's employees are their 'friend', and come and bug the shit out of you every other day without buying anything.
working food service that type of person was more likely to sit and drink coffee for 3 hours quietly and then tip well once they leave.

I've worked both plenty, normal-ass retail is the worse of the two.
>>
>>385938078
This, had to work in a liquor store adjoined to a bar. Alco's smell like shit
>>
>>385938549
Food services is working 10AM-midnight and then 9AM-3PM the next day and developing a massive drinking problem while doing it.
>>
I used to love going to the city in the 90's for import PS1 games and bootleg fansub Dragon Ball Z tapes
>>
>>385938670
that's in no way specific to working a food related job
>>
>Texas
>N/A
>The boss was clearing out some old storage unit he had and unearthed a treasure trove of classic vidya that I had first dibs on.
>A clearly mentally handicapped child one rushed into my store and into my back room. H went to the bathroom as i followed him and dropped his pants in front of me.
>No, it sucks all the fun out of video games. I'm surrounded by it all day, by the time I get home i'm pretty done with it.

I still try to find time to play games, but the pay is pretty low and you have to deal with eight years olds who think they know everything about pokemon.
>>
File: 1381280762024.jpg (179KB, 712x528px) Image search: [Google]
1381280762024.jpg
179KB, 712x528px
>>385936719
The closest thing you'll get to hell on earth

You may as well take a factory job because people will leave you the fuck alone in a factory.
>>
>>385939476
Funny, my part time job is in a warehouse, and I like it over there for that exact reason.
>>
>>385938549
I've worked in both. I think food service is worse since shitty customers will directly impact your pay. But then I've never worked in a hobby shop so maybe that's worse.
>>
>>385938670
That's working at fast food. That isn't every food service job.
>>
>>385936719
I buy games a few days early here before official release.
>>
When it comes to retail jobs working at a game store is easily one of the shittiest positions to have

>USA
>Mom and pop store now defunct
>Some kid brought in an old broken Sega fightstick and didn't want it anymore. My boss let me have it for free and I fixed it up and it works good as new
>the day to day grind of explaining to retarded college kids that their collection of old games are worth jack shit and that the price they looked up on amazon is the new price meaning sealed and not the used price.
>>
>>385938549
Depends what kind of food store you work at though, you can either work an a hipster honeypot where the worst you can get is having to smile at awkard dudes with rainbow hair or work at McDonald's, where in the case that day you had good customers, don't worry the manager will be a massive cunt to you anyway
>>
My boss game me a Steel battalion controller for christmas last year. We weren't sure if worked or not and he wanted to be rid of it.
>>
Heads up you filthy fucks.
Maybe make sure the room you have your consoles in doesn't have ants or other insects crawling around, maybe that's why it blows up.
I found a fucking BEE inside a broken 360 once, how is that even possible.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.