[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished Arkham Knight (main story, 80% total). Although

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: Batman-Arkham-Knight.jpg (486KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Batman-Arkham-Knight.jpg
486KB, 1920x1080px
Just finished Arkham Knight (main story, 80% total). Although I haven't played the other games in years, I gotta say it's probably the best in the series. The gameplay is pretty tight, fights were fun, bosses interesting although there were no real boss fights. It lacked closure with Deathstroke and the Knight though (afaiik).

The tank battles were not needed. But not unbearably unfun. They should just stick to driving with the batmobile, not do tank battles.

The nigma puzzles were boring and a waste of time, im not gonna get all the trophies.

From a technical perspective (ignoring the now fixed performance issues), the game is fucking solid. The way they programmed so many possibilities into this game is impressive. Gameplay has some issues here and there. Overall, I'd give it a 7.3. Pretty decent.

How did you like Arkham Knight?
>>
>>385935282
It was pretty fun, very underrated.
Well designed open world too.
>>
File: 1501214756405.gif (340KB, 428x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501214756405.gif
340KB, 428x720px
That sequence where you play as Joker was fantastic. I've always liked those weird, surreal moments in the series which is why Scarecrow was so disappointing in this game since he didn't much of that.
>>
Definitely enjoyed it the most out of all the Arkham games but it was severely half-assed, particularly the boss fights. You don't even really fight the Arkham Knight, you just fight a drill version, a tank version and a sniper version. I also didn't like how they made the UI very futuristic and the color scheme was very unappealing too. It reached a point where I don't even look at my health and shit anymore. It's not intrusive, it's just so...ugly.
>>
>>385935282

i love how everyone says shit like "its probably the best in the series because i liked the following things about it". you think maybe theres a possibility that you might be wrong? why does everyone hold their own opinion as the highest truth now? you can like a game just fine but saying its the best in the series because you liked it is fucking stupid.

just the fact that they kept shoving the fucking car down my throat every single mission because a huge amount of faggots from you-know-where kept crying about how they wanted the batmobile is enough to criticize it
>>
>>385937403
>I hate that people use a discussion board to discuss something.
>>
>>385935469
It bothers me that no one praises it for having the most seamless sidequests

The plot was intense but not so much as to distract you from the side quests and where great for the pacing overall
>>
>>385937403
There's also the possibility that you're wrong and everyone else is right. Maybe it's best to understand the concept of 'opinions' before losing your shit anon.
>>
>>385935716
This game wasted scarecrow to high hell. I'm sure the only reason he's the villain was so they could bullshit joker back as a hallucination.
>>
File: be6[2].jpg (13KB, 224x216px) Image search: [Google]
be6[2].jpg
13KB, 224x216px
>>385935282
>The tank battles were
-horrible
-mandatory
-70% of the game
FTFY
>>
>>385937616

Shame that half of the miniquests were Ubishit type of deal; Go here, clean this tower, repeat. At first they were pretty fun but became repetitive and dull at the end
Still probably my favorite Arkham game
>>
File: 1500679820768.jpg (241KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500679820768.jpg
241KB, 1920x1080px
>>385935282
I personally think it has the best side content which included the best of the previous games content, the DLC was good (finally had proper Harley) but too short, and the racing is addictive (I can't get enough of running about in the Burtonmobile) however far too many elements were just better in previous games.

I will say that the whole sub-plot with Joker was 10/10 but that's more down to Mark's superb acting than anything.
>>
>>385937616
if found the sidequests with the other great characters like two-face, penguin, firefly, etc. well integrated and made the pacing of the game great. With the exception of the Nigma puzzles. They slowed down the pacing because it was just boring.

The side missions where you have to rescue ppl, disarm some bombs, eliminate APC's, etc. felt way too grindy to get to 100%. I watched the ending on Youtube because i couldnt be bothered to do them plus getting the trophies.

>>385937403
Dude relax. I also said i hadnt played the other games in years.
>just the fact that they kept shoving the fucking car down my throat every single mission because a huge amount of faggots from you-know-where kept crying about how they wanted the batmobile is enough to criticize it
I also didn't like this part.
>>
>>385937616
>>385935469
Want to know why no one praises it for the sidequests or overworld design?

Because literally every part of the game is completely overshadowed by the trash batmobile.

Any fun, any solid design, any redeeming features of this game are utterly meaningless because you are forced away from those things and into an abysmal arcade shooter experience no one ever asked for.

I even went to the DLC store to see if there was some way to make the segments bearable, like a nice skin for the batmobile instead of robo-tumbler. All of the good skins were only available on their own retarded challenge maps.
>>
>>385937943
why that reactionface?
>>
Even fucking Arkham Origins is better than Arkham Knight.

Arkham Knight is so shit it killed the series in one bad release.

Asylum>City>Origins>Knight
>>
>>385938196
You can use the DLC batmobiles in the main game anon only after you've completed the game of course and even then all you can do is drive around as it dosn't have any weapons or gadgets
>>
Arkham Knight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ZKcZbi1rg
>>
File: batmangg.jpg (86KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
batmangg.jpg
86KB, 1024x576px
Finished it yesterday too now that the PC version finally works. It was better than I expected. I was fine with the mandatory car and tank sections too since I'm still kinda burned out from the other Arkham games. Still need to finish the side content and do the DLC.

The jab in the pic related was still kinda embarrassing once I remembered it was there.
>>
>>385938821
>a troubled starbucks employee recalls the harrowing traumas of xir last twitter battles on the eve of xir newly self-diagnosed PTSD and anxiety and pens a parody to cope
At least the rest of the game's writing isn't that bad.
>>
>>385935282
I loved the game and beat it a couple of weeks ago for the first time. I didnt have much issue with the Batmobile but I agree it was way overused. I loved catapulting out of it when speeding down the streets and gliding like a rocket throguh the sky. Currently working on the AR challenges which have always been fun as hell for me. So what was everyones favourite costume?
>>
>>385939601
I like the one you can't use in the main game.
>>
I loved it. Story and world had tons of references, cameos and the like that anyone else who follows Batbooks would enjoy (even if the Knight reveal was pretty obvious to that same crowd)

Batmobile was fun and I actually did enjoy the tank battles every now and then.
The only part of the game that annoyed me was how often the Batmobile was needed to progress. There were several times where you had to back track just to get the fucking car.

Other than that, it's a fun game that just got a bunch of shit and bad word of mouth for the tank battles and the PC issues.
>>
>all these people claiming to have "just beat it"
>all of them "loved it"
>none of them had any problems with the tankmobile segments
Is a remaster going on sale soon or something?
>>
>>385940126
Everyone is saying they had a problem with the gross overuse of the batmobile. What thread are you reading fuckstick?
>>
the batmobile tank shit is so fucking trash
idk what they were thinking, tbqh
>>
>>385939601
Batflec's costume, by far. It got me ridiculously hyped for BvS and it looks so fucking great in Arkham Knight, I used it the entire first playthrough.

Also the ability to switch costumes from the jump was pretty neat too.
>>
2 had the best bosses. Most of them had logic gates between the brawls. All the bosses from 3 were just punch the dude until he's dead from what I remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEgCWSnfXFU
>>
File: gotham.jpg (82KB, 1000x549px) Image search: [Google]
gotham.jpg
82KB, 1000x549px
I really appreciate with the Arkham games how in each new game you get to explore parts of the city that were only a backdrop in the previous entry.

I wonder if or when they decide to make a new game will you be doing mandatory dog fighting in the Batwing.
>>
does anyone know if theyre making a new batman game? It's been 2 years since AK
>>
>>385941592
The made that VR game and have been silent after that.
>>
>>385935282
Gameplay wise, and without taking the tank battles in consideration, it probably is the best.
But the way you still have to reseach moves you have been doing for 3 games now is jarring and annoying. While it does have excellent ambience that is a staple of the series, it becomes rather repetitive in the way the missions are designed. And the stealth tank battles or the way the Riddler is apparently even more prescient than usual is just ridiculous.

So I'd still rate Arkham City over it.
>>
man Batgirl is cute

CUTE
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.