[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Halo 5 is absolutely steaming garbage The gameplay is t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: halo5.jpg (162KB, 1120x675px) Image search: [Google]
halo5.jpg
162KB, 1120x675px
>Halo 5 is absolutely steaming garbage

The gameplay is the best it's been since Halo 2. The weapon balance and the movement mechanics are better than 3, 4, and Reach.

>Halo 5 sucks because the story sucks
First of all,
>implying the story in the beloved Halo 3 wasn't a steaming pile of shit
Anyways, this is the most legitimate criticism of Halo 5, because it's story is pretty crappy. But who fucking cares about the story, what matters in Halo is the gameplay first and foremost, and Halo 5 is by far the best for that

>durr Custom games peaked in Halo 3, they suck now. I miss my fat kid and Jenga!
Anyone who says that Forge and Custom Games in Halo 5 isn't by far the best in the series by lightyears is a complete retard, and should end their life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4rIW-w0_DI

Just a taste of custom games in Halo
>>
OP is a shitposting baiting retard but

>durr Custom games peaked in Halo 3, they suck now. I miss my fat kid and Jenga!

Do people seriously even think this? Reach kicked the shit out of 3's forge and had way better custom potential, 2A's is itself a step up from reach's, and even 2 had better customs even without forge due to the friends list menu on screen in the UI making customs easy to join into and the lack of forge and early xbox live community encoruaging creativity more.
>>
>>385927804

please explain how I'm a baiting retard. Halo Reach's forge wiped the floor with Halo 3's also, but nostalgiafags still just shill Halo 3 as the pinnacle of the series even though it's been surpassed now for many years.

Please explain to me what part I'm baiting in. And I already admitted the Halo 5 story sucks, but that's just one small aspect of an otherwise stellar game
>>
Halo 5 sucks because it doesn't have any content or splitscreen. It's still missing old modes, and all of the post-launch maps added have been shit rehashes of existing maps.
>>
>>385928267

what modes and content is it missing? Yeah splitscreen being gone sucks but it is more than made up for with how much better the online content is
>>
>>385928419
No real Oddball, no Extraction, no real King of the Hill, and no asymmetrical modes whatsoever.
>>
>>385928507
okay, so confirmed for never playing the game. all of those modes can easily be created in custom games
>>
>>385928626
Has anyone created them?
>>
>>385928701
any retard can make those gametypes easily, and then host a custom game. and because halo 5 has a custom browser, it will be super easy to get players to join. there's like a million variants of those playlists hosted by players every day
>>
>>385928914
Prove it. Last I checked, the only modes anyone made were meme modes like Duck Hunt.
>>
>>385928989
How do I prove your a idiot.
>>
>>385929163
Prove that someone made Extraction in Halo 5.
>>
>>385929262

not OP, but impressed with the video that was posted showcasing the custom games. if all those can be made (and if it is just the tip of the iceberg) making a gametype like extraction should be simple.

another thing not mentioned by the OP is the fact that players can play Halo 5 on the PC as well, and design maps and gametypes on the PC, which makes things infinitely easier as well.

not enough play Halo 5, which is a shame
>>
>>385929632
So nobody has actually made it?
Even if they did, balance is still as fucked as it was day 1. There has been no meaningful balance changes in nearly 2 years: just making power weapons easier and more OP. The AR is still broken.
>>
>>385929262

retard, nobody likes extraction, way to choose a random game mode from Halo 4 (which sucks). however, if you really want to play it, it's just a tweak of Strongholds, just modify it so the bases/devices need to be captured by different teams
>>
>>385929791
You can't modify Strongholds. You can only create new modes off the Minigame base. Sounds like it's the shills who haven't actually played the game.
>>
>>385927439
Halo 5 custom games and forge are objectively better than Halo 3. No doubt about that.
People exalt Halo 3 because of its community, which is perfectly fine because Halo 3 was online console gaming in its prime and definitely the best 7th gen multiplayer experience. But when looking at the games themselves, Halo 5 multiplayer has surpassed it in almost every aspect except memorable maps.
I disagree with them having added clamber (not a mechanic that belongs in Halo imo) and sprint (H3 was too slow, but I think they should have made H5 walking speed 120% and just leave it at that).
Regardless, I had a lot of fun with H5 for a year before I moved on. Never got to enjoy custom games at its full potential because I don't have any friends playing H5 and I didn't want to resort to using /vg/
>>
>>385930125

at least you can turn off clamber and sprint by custom game mechanics. you are right about the online community not being as strong, I feel like that's a result of more competition and more games fighting to be played. I just wish more people knew about how much potential Halo 5 forge and customs have, in fact people who want to recreate Halo 3 maps and movement perfectly can do it if they wish (and many people have already recreated the gametypes and maps for people to download)
>>
>>385927439
>Halo 5 having a better story than 3
>Halo 4 ends with Cortana dying
>kek just kidding she's alive and gone rogue
>Locke is even worse than a character that doesn't speak because he has the personality of a brick
There's no defending this writing. Bungie rejected that plot back when they owned the franchise for a reason.
>>
>>385931925
I said the Halo 5 story sucks. I'm just also saying let's not pretend the story in Halo 3 was good either. Probably one of the most disappointing conclusions to a trilogy ever
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.