[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't find anyone talking about Patapon on /v/ or /vg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: Tatepon.png (8KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Tatepon.png
8KB, 256x256px
I can't find anyone talking about Patapon on /v/ or /vg/ so here we go.
Anyone playing remastered? What's your hopes for a potential Patapon sequal?
Would you buy Patapon 2 and 3 remastered as well?
>>
i bought it , its seems liek a very low effort port to ps4, graphics are very clean though

i got the entire series on vita but havent bothered to play them, thoguht this might be a good entrance into the series and finally beating them all
>>
When will Japan Studio make a new Ape Escape?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBQBI8aOZMA
>>
>>385920617
The weird thing about the remaster is how some of the cutscenes are ripped from the psp version while others are redone.
But besides that it seems like a pretty good rerelease to me. What could they have added?
>>
>>385920653
Either Ape Escape or Patapon would satisfy me honestly. But I feel like Patapon is more likely at this point.
>>
>>385920802
Maybe a remake like Crash could work for Ape Escape
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBAlkpHqXiE
>>
>>385920617
>>385920734
The ability to replay story levels would've been nice, and some tweaks to item drop rates.

And call me a normald but some of the Patapons' singing could throw me off beat, would make the times I drop beat feel less cheap if I had a little visual bar or something more than the screen pulsing animation to go by.
>>
>>385921053
I admit I have a tendency to loose the beat when going into fever mode if I don't concentrate enough.
>>
>>385921146
All Patapon games have notoriously mismatched beats in some songs. You'd think that's like the one thing they'd get right but hahahaha no. One of the beats in 3's Arena is almost a full second after the actual rhythm.
>>
File: 01s16-lump-433.jpg (8KB, 126x128px) Image search: [Google]
01s16-lump-433.jpg
8KB, 126x128px
>>385920959
I would buy that in an instant.
But it feels like the only place I ever hear people wanting more Ape Escape is on /v/ so it might be to obscure even for that.
>>
>>385921146
All these years I thought it was just me, thank god.

Even though I bought it on release, I only dug out my PSP and finished it this year; really left me wanting something new in the genre (The sequels weren't my thing). Wish I could make music because I would be spiritual-successoring the fuck out of it right now.
>>
Do you think they'll make a bundle of 1 and 2 when they do the next remaster? I can wait for it if I can get that for like 20-25 bucks.
>>
>>385921315
Kinda sucks, but if that DYKG video managed to bring attention to the series, there may be some demand for it, while Japan Studio would have to learn what made Ape Escape great.
Besides, if Knack 2 can happen, anything can happen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqBZ7a0Igfk
>>
>>385921428
Hopefully the first one is just testing to see if there's an audience. I never played 3 so I would like to play a remaster of that.
>>
How's the port? Is there any input delay like in the Parappa port?
>>
>>385922265
cant really say, ive played it about 10 mins tops, just did tutorial and shit,

its not laggy or any issues, buttons seem responsive
>>
>>385922265
There's no input delay inherent to the game.
Patapon 1 was super anal about beat precision so it might appear as if it's harder to hit for casuals (or if your monitor is set up all weird). Patapon 2 and 3 relaxed on that a lot and unlike Crash this port had basically no extra work done on it.
>>
GIVE US PATAPON 4
>>
>>385920512
Can you still get the Spear of Protection if there's no demo for the remaster?
>>
>PON PON PATA PON
>Fever starts
>all the Patapons start cheering instead of chanting
>drop combo

RRRRRRRREEEE
>>
>>385922265
>>385922478
No delay. The port is pretty good imo.
>>
The game is currently unplayable until they add some sync/lag options.

They screwed over anyone using something better than TV speakers.

I don't understand how a rhythm game released in 2017 doesn't have these options.
>>
>>385925448
try to learn to do the rhythm without sound that way you never have the problem of having to listen to sound cues.
>>
>>385920512
>when I finally listened to this and noticed the obvious homage

Blew my mind.
>>
>>385925987
I played with pretty good bose headphones and it works fine.
But a sync option would be good sure.
>>
>>385925448
its your job to keep the beat not theirs fucko
>>
>>385920512
>What's your hopes for a potential Patapon sequal?

They shouldn't.
I love Patapon, I love the series, but 3 ended how it was supposed to end. They reached their destination. They shouldn't add more.
>>
>>385923086
Hopefully this will lead to one. I mean, it shouldn't be that expensive to make.
>>
File: 1493054754862.jpg (118KB, 550x733px) Image search: [Google]
1493054754862.jpg
118KB, 550x733px
>>385926179
Storywise that might be true.
But I would just want a game like it gameplay-wise.
>>
>>385921053
> if I had a little visual bar or something more than the screen pulsing animation to go by.
That's what the border's for! Anon, pls, what more do you want?
>>
>>385926527
A little visual indicator like Crypt of the Necrodancer or the 'strings' in Guitar Hero.
Just something so that I can see when the beat is coming; I know that takes some skill out of the whole playing by ear thing, but I have shitty ears and the track does fuck me up sometimes, but I'd like the option at least.
>>
>>385926098
good album, one of my favorite
>>
>>385926156
Not my fault they became the metronome.
>>
Haven't played the first one. Is it worth it? Looks like shittier version of Patapon 2
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.