[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nier >more relatable characters >story had more of an emotional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: 1458938517831.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1458938517831.webm
2MB, 640x360px
Nier
>more relatable characters
>story had more of an emotional impact
>music was just plain better

Automata
>better combat even though it sometimes felt like you were slashing at brickwalls
>dynamic soundtrack made for smoother transitions between zones
>better visuals
>larger scale

In the end the orignal Nier was better
>>
Nier 1 also had dynamic soundtrack.
>>
>>385920476
true fact thred.
>>
Nier
>closer
>easier to get to
>reachable

Far
>further
>over there
>reasonable goal
>>
>>385921218
Don't remember that at all desu and even if it did it wasnt to the same scale as Automata
>>
>>385922045
the lost shrine's music did it. play the game again Anon, it's amazing what things you'll notice!
>>
>>385920476
>caring about some bullshit pecking order
>not just caring that both games are good and memorable
>>
>>385922045
It happened in the Lost Shrine, the Aerie, and the village and library. Probably more.
>>
>>385923827
>both games are good and memorable

They aren't. Both games are mediocre action games with carrot on a stick writing.
>>
>>385921586
Wherever you are
>I believe
>that the heart does
>go on
>>
Automata's characters have significantly more depth to them. 9S alone with his switches between an easygoing fake persona and psychotic murderer and hypocrite is way more interesting than entire central cast of first Nier.
And End of YoRHa is the most powerful moment in dilogy.
>>
>>385920476
Automata
>ASS

Automata wins.
>>
>(((((relatable characters))))
>((((emotional impact)))))
>(((((dynamic soundtrack)))))
>>
>>385924204
wew
>>
>>385920476
>>music was just plain better
Automata simply surpasses original Nier's OST. Better track variety and way more consistent quality, extremely powerful new tracks that rival the tops of Nier's OST (Vague Hope, Bipolar Nightmare, Copied City, City Ruins Shade, Beautiful Song, Weight of the World), way better OST usage inside the game with transitions from instrumental to vocal versions depending on your position inside the location, and it's simply way more thematic, for example it's crazy that War & War uses the same leitmotif as City Ruins despite those two sounding absolutely different.

It also has majestic arranges/callbacks to the themes from the first game that sound absolutely different and arguably better in some cases (Wretched Weaponry, Grandma Destruction).

Both osts are great but you really need to be a mindless hipster sheep to deny that Okabe peaked at Automata despite the fact he considers it his best work.
>>
>>385924231
i'd say suck my dick meme boy but it'd probably count as pedophilia
>>
>>385924231
At this point, saying mentioning character reliability might as well be, "I can't go through the trouble of understanding the motivations and personality behind someone that's not me."
>>
>>385924098
Why do people keep saying Automata uses video games to great effect?

Was it because of the fake shit for Ending E?
>>
>>385924556
That
Utilising gameplay mechanics like the HUD and IFF for story purposes
Fleshing out the core themes through sidequests and weapon stories

It would not work half as well as a straightforward movie/series story.

It would be better if moments like choking 9S or stabbing 2B were actually controlled by the player, like shooting The Boss in MGS3
>>
>>385924436
>>385924231

weasle words
>>
>>385920476
>Music was plain better
I agree but also disagree at the same time. I like Automata's area (?) music more than the original's, mainly because it's less repetitive. Nier has better situational and battle music, though.

Song of the Ancients - Fate is probably one of the best themes to come out of video games period.
>>
I honestly cannot decide between each game's soundtrack, they're just too good
>>
>>385920476
>music was plain better

Boy I sure love hearing Emil - Sacrifice every time something sad happens
>>
>>385924937
>Utilising gameplay mechanics like the HUD and IFF for story purposes

Like? All I can remember is the HUD going erratic when after you get hit during a cinematic or when you get the virus. Outside of that I don't remember them doing much with it. Not even changing the loading screen after a moment where a character is heavily damaged.
>>
>>385925707
As I said, the IFF preventing you from attacking other YoRHa until you hack into 2B to allow it. It's a short scene, but I really liked it.

Also how the chip system works and how you can sacrifice HUD for more space was really immersive and drived the point about characters being androids home. Same with the save system.

Also all the hacking would be just bullshit ex machina if the difficulty of the process wasn't expressed somehow, and I think it was expressed through gameplay fairly well
>>
>>385925232
>Song of the Ancients - Fate is probably one of the best themes to come out of video games period.
Yet both Shadowlord and Bipolar Nightmare are still better.
>>
>>385925971
There's also a whole shitload of absolutely beautiful stat effects hiding enemies on your screen by turning them into blurry mess or turning off parts of your arsenal that unfortunately ain't used as much as they should've been.
And ending D hacking is some of the craziest shit in the game.
>>
>>385925460
Emil - Sacrifce was the filler so that when Kaine - Salvation finally played again it was even better
>>
>>385926687
That mechanic was just annoying.

Im happy they used it as sparingly as they did
>>
>>385927307
I'm so fucking glad Kaine - Salvation remained unchanged in Automata. This track is literally perfect and carries such an emotional punch, like holy shit
>>
>>385927564
I actually dont remember hearing it in Automata

When does it play?
>>
>>385927564
They also created Vague Hope which causes crazy amount of feels as well.
>>
>>385927719
On completion of Emil's sidequest in A/B with Lunar Tears

You missed out, man
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7DASgD3_p8

I like this one.
>>
>>385926687
>And ending D hacking is some of the craziest shit in the game.
Also locked away from any player that isn't massively under-leveled.
>>
>>385926370
Delete this.
>>
>Only ONE mention of copied city
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.