[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Replaying Resident Evil 7 has made me realize that these dumb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: Moulded_Render_RE7.png (1MB, 990x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Moulded_Render_RE7.png
1MB, 990x1066px
Replaying Resident Evil 7 has made me realize that these dumb poop monsters really are the game's one huge standout flaw.

The boat segment isn't even that bad, it's pretty open and just simply a bit hard to navigate. The action segments in the flashback and the mines aren't bad because they're action segments, they're bad because of these shitty-ass world of goo monsters; and the final proper fight is you fighting two (2) fat goo monsters, wow!

Seriously, they're not cool looking or scary looking, they're not fun to fight, it's like they wanted to make every enemy regenerators but it just comes off as lazy. The literally and figuratively look like shit. How the game can get so much right but then drop the ball this hard on the iconic B.O.W is fucking tragic.
>>
>>385919570
honestly they look cool as fuck dunno the game lacks enemy variety if anything still best RE game.
>>
>>385919728
They would have been fine as special enemy, not the only enemies.
>>
>REVII wasnt a fuckhueg mansion where you go around and kill zombies and solve puzzles
atleast jack is alright
>>
I always thought the enemies in revelations 1 had the best design.
>>
File: weskerava.jpg (6KB, 60x60px) Image search: [Google]
weskerava.jpg
6KB, 60x60px
>>385920908
Indeed
>>
Molded grew on me, I like them now. The whole idea of having a little girl from Japanese horror movies as a bioweapon was great and well executed.
>>
>>385920760
this

fighting like 3 or 4 of them at once majorly trivialized them. They should've just included zombies as well. Hell, it would've even fit the theme with the family kidnapping people from the area and feeding them viral shit until they became zombies
>>
>>385919570
there were giant bugs too
and the 4-legged poop monsters were like lickers. Those things were scary as fuck
>>
>>385919570
Agreed, but id still say its a great game. Not stellar and not a "classic" but theyre on the right track. I wonder if theyre shipping remake 2 demo with the Not A Hero dlc
>>
>>385921201
They should have had half mutated molded as regular zombie'like enemies and fully mutated as special.

Guess it's too much work.
>>
The only scary looking enemy in the game was Marguerite, and Chainsaw Jack was a great fucking fight.

Rest were pretty shit. Mia is decent on Madhouse when she's actually a proper boss.
>>
>>385921197
Would have been better if her final fight was a proper boss and not just a glorified set piece. The granny twist was pretty great though, she appears just enough in the game to make you kind of forget about her.
>>
File: boss of this house.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
boss of this house.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
I wish this was just the intro to the final boss battle, and there was a proper fight after you got outside

>>385922114
They ran out of time. It took too long to make the new engine and design the house and monsters like Jack and everything
>>
>>385923002
>That webm.

Shit must be pure NOPE in VR.
>>
>>385923002
>>385923296
>someone, somewhere, jerked off to this
>>
It's pretty ironic that before release everyone was worried the Bakers would be almost the only enemies in the game, and after release everyone complained how there wasn't enough of them.
>>
File: did I do that.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
did I do that.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>385923626
>>385923296
oh yess.
the player deaths were GOAT, even for an RE game
>>
>>385919570
They make sense in the context of the story so they're fine by me. The game isn't particularly long either and the Baker's help keep things interesting. The fat ones should've been cut though. They're just dumb.
>>
File: Drain_Deimos.png (92KB, 300x308px) Image search: [Google]
Drain_Deimos.png
92KB, 300x308px
>>385919570
I don't hate the molded, but making them the only enemy was a mistake; older RE games thrived on their cast of enemy types that made their placement unique and added variety to the things you fight against

hunters, lickers, dogs, spiders, brain suckers, moths, chimeras, etc
I'll always remember the sewers in RE2 because that was the only place in that game where the spiders show up, and that made them unique and interesting

this could have even been solved by having the unique molded (fat guy, fast guy) be completely different creatures instead; I think they would have been much more impactful if they had a unique design like the brain sucker/deimos (and they would also be fucking terrifying in first person if they got up close)
>>
>>385924721
But then they'd have to rewrite the story to explain it. Although I miss having the variety of enemies, I think Capcom's decision to scale everything back was a good one.
>>
I really enjoyed RE7, but the game very much has the feeling of being a "test type." It was a new engine, a new design style (albeit one based at least in part on the older games), and you get the feeling that they were really uncertain as to whether any of this would stick. Hence, the molded are the only real enemy type outside of the Bakers, who are basically the boss types. Like, there wasn't as much time put into things outside of key design elements, I think because they were genuinely uncertain as to whether people would even like it. So, it's all kinda "safe." I think if they keep going in this direction, the design will be more confident and we'll get more enemy and location variety.
>>
>>385925274
not really, why did Marguerite get bug powers? they didn't bother to explain that in the slightest

you could just say Eleanor's infection mutates wildlife, that's just vague enough to work
>>
>>385925274
>But then they'd have to rewrite the story to explain it

Not him but they really don't, you can just chalk it up to "Well it's a different mutation!" like RE has done before. Hell RE7 has Marge being able to control and give birth to giant bugs, for some reason. Doesn't really add up with the molded.
>>
>>385925509
>>385925532
Point taken.
>>
>>385925274
>Crazies with a virus make murderous scary shit
changed to
>Crazies with a virus make more murderous scary shit
There you or Capcom can thank me by mailing me $10,000
>>
>>385919728
>still best RE game
no
>>
The biggest crime of all was setting the game in Louisiana and not having a single mutated alligator. Hell we didn't even get a regular one.
>>
Resident Evil VII should've been hiding from the Baker's nonstop. Would've been so much better.
>>
>>385926273
Resident Evil 5 had crocs that you could shoot :)
>>
>>385926395
It would've become extremely repetitive. I stopped fearing Jack and Marguerite before their individual sections were over even with the molded injecting some variety.
>>
>>385926395
Alien Isolation proved that going the opposite route isn't the best answer either.
>>
File: 1495987364653.jpg (70KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1495987364653.jpg
70KB, 640x640px
>>385919570
I have to agree, the monster variation in Resident evil 7 was pretty disappointing, has me worried they will just reuse the same goo monsters for "Not a hero" dlc.

Not sure how they went from Resident evil 6 where they had a crazy amount of variations to just a couple in Resident evil 7.
>>
>>385926806
Unless there's a new virus in Not A Hero it'll be the molded again.
>>
I hope Zoey survived and is the protagonist of RE8 maybe with an older RE hero as a co-star, like Rebecca or Jill.

Also, "Not a Hero" when? I want to know whats going on with blue Umbrella and Chris.
>>
>>385926806
>Not sure how they went from Resident evil 6 where they had a crazy amount of variations to just a couple in Resident evil 7.

By having a dev team 1/4'th the size of RE6.
>>
>>385924721
all I remember about re monsters is
>boom, shotgun blast
>gets back up
>boom, shotgun blast
>is dead, move on.
>>
I'm so tired of black sludge/nebulous shadow/dark force type enemies that mutate into different shapes and spawn from nowhere.

It's cool when enemies have a sense of permanence in the world, hearing them through walls etc. Long-term it kills the tension when they can just materialize like that.
>>
>>385927406
the molded don't respawn though, once you kill them they're gone for good
>>
>>385927498
They do just kinda spawn from puddles though, and they can vanish just as quickly. He has a point, you don't really get a sense of the molded as being individual creatures that are really in this area. Like, in Dead Space, you could hear the fuckers crawling around in vents or tearing up apartments as you went around; even if you didn't see them, you knew they were there. The molded just kinda vanish the second they're out of your periphery.
>>
>>385924164
Just imagine having angry sex with your cutie bat shit crazy possessed zombie wife.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.