[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So are you playing the closest thing we have to a VtMB / WoD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: swl.jpg (60KB, 604x423px) Image search: [Google]
swl.jpg
60KB, 604x423px
So are you playing the closest thing we have to a VtMB / WoD MMO?

It came out F2P on Steam yesterday.
>>
>>385915303
How is it different from original tsw?
I remember playing a trial ages ago, story was good but combat was so horrendous I just stopped playing. There was a ton of dlc too.
>>
Story is still amazing and the main selling point

Combat is updated and streamlined to TPS so it might feel better depending on who you ask

If you bought the previous game/DLC there's a good chance you have free bonus stuff for SWL
>>
>>385917781
Might try it out.
>>
Do you miss out on much for not paying?

I've always meant to check out TSW.
>>
>>385917997
A bit

You don't have all weapons unlocked so you have to choose more carefully (you can unlock 3 of them easy playing for free). Also you only have 1 character slot.

Other than that it's pretty much the same experience
>>
Too busy playing BDO.
But my younger brother is playing it and it looks cools, so I'll be giving it a shot sometime.

Most interesting faction?
>>
>>385918913
Lumie if you like being a corporate stooge

Templar if you want to feel like in an old traditional organization

Dragon if you like chaos
>>
>>385919826
Do Templar get some interaction with hippies and such?

Honestly, I'm trying to talk a chinese friend into this game (to have more people to play with), so I need to talk up and sell him the Dragon faction. Is their voiceacting actual chinese or a different asian language?
>>
>>385915303
It is worth to restart an account or can i still play the original SW?
>>
>>385919978
Don't remember anything about hippies but Templars are pretty snooty and british to everyone else.

Dragon has some mission messages in Korean audio. They're based in Seoul.
>>
>>385920137
>Dragon has some mission messages in Korean audio.
Only that? I assumed from the intro their whole campaign would be Korean.
>>
>>385919978
Ah chankoro! Why are they always like that?
One of my mates wives is a zergling and also won't touch a game unless somehow she can bring glory to China, or they're shown as better than everyone.
I thought demanding characters that look like you was a meme before seeing how the chinks are!
>>
>>385915303
Level 20, last played around two weeks ago. The story is great (as a fellow WoD/VtM fan I can confirm), some really neat characters and intense setting, but why they made this into an MMO is beyond me. There is zero incentive to group with other players, at least until the first dungeon, and even that you can solo at the highest recommended level.

Combat is okayish (I picked shotguns and pistols, fml), but really barebones and they should've sticked to tab-targeting.
>>
>>385916952
They removed any difficulty from questing, neutered the fuck out of abilities so there's no synergy now, and added in a bunch of gear grind since there's no drops from mobs now, and added in a bunch of limits to encourage spending money on things like dungeon keys or caches.
Basically it's boring as fuck once you hit 50 or want to play in dungeons. TSW has always had a shit endgame, but now you don't even have many build options to play with or easily swap roles.

Oh and they reused the same TSW page on steam to keep that nice 4k positive reviews.
>>
>>385920551
>I'm a racist shithead

thanks for letting us know
>>
>>385920710
You actually have to fork over big steambux if you want a second product page. It also saves them money.
>>
>>385920042
pretty sure TSW is unplayable now. it doesn't even have a product page anymore
>>
>>385917781
I think the combat got worse. They made it sound like it was a complete overhaul of the fundamental mechanics, but all they did was make the skill selection vastly more limited and give each weapon its own gimmick.

Oh, and they force every player to use that god-awful reticle aim targetting system.

>>385919978
Story-wise, Faction only matters for a handful of cutscenes and the flavor text you get after each mission. Aside from faction-specific characters in each home base (which you almost never go to), all factions interact with the same NPCs.
>>
the game has nudity? in between loading some outfits it would show me naked.
>>
no cheevos, no play.
>>
>>385924183
you can see tits if your internet is bad enough
>>
>>385924492
I thought the nips were all replaced with smiley faces. Except those demon bitches.
>>
The quests have the same story and pretty much the same stuff as old TSW. The combat is worse, even if they call it better: its simpler now and shallow as fuck.

PC are still ugly as fuck so you can't make cute sluts which means /v/ will never bother with it
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.