[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Sphere Grid (and systems like it) How do you feel about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: mw-sphere-grid.png (231KB, 2290x1805px) Image search: [Google]
mw-sphere-grid.png
231KB, 2290x1805px
The Sphere Grid (and systems like it)

How do you feel about this kind of leveling progression system and what sort of games besides FFX have it?

I know of FF13, Salt & Sanctuary, Bleach: Soul Resurreccion. Any others?
>>
>>385911389
Path of Exile
>>
>>385911389
Looks fancy, but in most games completly useless and filled with random shit, so it looks like the game has content.
>>
>>385911660
This, S&S is a prime example. It's so retarded.
>>
>>385911660
It lets you choose your own leveling path, though. You can skip a lot of bullshit and pick what you want, then circle around to other paths. The problem are the pre-requisites, defeating the point to the paths connecting.
>>
Realistically, how long would it take to max out the sphere grid for every single character?
>>
>>385911389
There was the Skyforge mmo that used to be something like that. It was grindy as hell as I recall, but somewhat nonetheless.
>>
File: straightened-sphere-grida.png (1MB, 7054x2166px) Image search: [Google]
straightened-sphere-grida.png
1MB, 7054x2166px
>>385911389
>The Sphere Grid (and systems like it)
You mean an almost linear skill tree with a few pointless interconnecting branches to other roles, but obfuscated so that idiots like you don't notice?
>>
>>385912521
Once you get everything in the arena its fairly easy.
>Kill a certain thing to get weapons that allow you to get your sphere level to 99 in a single battle
>Use distillers to get 40 power/mana/etc spheres per battle

Its doable but its annoying. I got 1 character to 255 everything (including luck.)
>still die to dark aeons with shell and protect
damn it.
>>
>>385911389
I fucking hate it, it's just padded with bullshit that you're forced to grind for. Particularly in FFX where you have to use certain spheres in certain spots.

Give me an Etrian Odyssey skill tree any day.
>>
>>385913202
The lines connecting the branches being so hard to see in the image make this some great bait.

More importantly though, FFX's talent system was good because you could get items to jump around it or to steal nodes from other branches which made it much more interesting than other systems.
>>
>>385911660
the best part of sphere grid is how it paces the game, and even when your at the end makes it feel like there's still tons in the game that you haven't gotten to with all the parts not filled out, it's only when you figure out how to grind out all the nodes that you finally feel like your the master of the game over 100 hours in.
>>
File: file.png (642KB, 2356x933px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
642KB, 2356x933px
>>385913202
I did notice, and I still love it
>>
>>385914548
Are those your own speedruns? Have you tried Nemesis% with all those lists?
>>
>>385915016
I just like playing the game fast I don't do legit speed runs, I just turbo past cutscenes with an emulator, I get to Sin in like 20 in game hours with %100 before grinding for Nemesis.
>>
>>385915016
speedrunning a corridor simulator is autism
>>
>they didn't use the expert spheregrid
>where things are completely down to you, and you're not funneled down a 'character path' that you have to break out of
>>
>>385915929
nobody told me the game would be shit otherwise
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.