[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I'm enjoying this game so far, and I've been getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: Odin-Sphere-Leifdrasir.jpg (673KB, 1920x2713px) Image search: [Google]
Odin-Sphere-Leifdrasir.jpg
673KB, 1920x2713px
So, I'm enjoying this game so far, and I've been getting S ranks mostly on the first try.
But I yet to discover how exactly the devs intended for the player to avoid damage.
The most reliable way to do so for me is actually just trying to stunlock the enemy. The special skills are nice, since they give you hyper armor, but they don't make you immune to damage, like they did in Muramasa.
Dodging works sometimes, mostly on regular enemies. But those don't have any poise and can be stunlocked by regular attacks even. But against bosses dodges haven't worked well so far. You cannot actually dodge THROUGH them. And if you try to dodge back, you're likely to get caught in the middle of a long lasting hitbox from the incoming combo or a spell.
Same goes for blocking. You can't cancel attacks animations by blocking, you can't block while moving, and even when you're standing still it takes a few moments to bring up your shield. And even if you do manage to block in time, some attacks just seem to be unblockable altogether and in fact leave you stunned if you try to block them.

So I've just been using that skewer skill that actually lets you phase through bosses, unlike the dodge, in order to avoid their attacks.
But there are skills that increase damage after a block, and let you counter etc. So I thought maybe I'm just doing something wrong, and there actually is a way to perfect-parry everything like a royal vanguard.
>>
File: 1488915776059.jpg (125KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1488915776059.jpg
125KB, 768x1024px
it doesnt matter if you take a bit of damage. there is so much god damned food and ingredients and healing items in the game. the "more damage after blocking" skills are worthless compared to the other abilities. just go for straight up damage and damage boost alchemy. you'll smash every boss in the game no problem.

fuck, this is such a great game. i want to buy the jap region version and get the platinum all over again. and where the fuck is my 13 sentinels?
>>
File: Alice-and-Socrates-1-212x300.jpg (15KB, 212x300px) Image search: [Google]
Alice-and-Socrates-1-212x300.jpg
15KB, 212x300px
>>385910654
That's what I've been doing so far.
I just thought maybe there was another way.
The No Damage bonus doesn't seem nearly as big in this game, as in some other stylish action games. It only seem to add 100 points.
>>
>>385910801
yeah. it's not important. you can s rank shit even after taking a bunch of hits. just get a high combo and do it quickly. and getting s ranks in battles isn't even really important. you can still get all the good items in the secret areas. don't worry about it.
>>
>>385910351
Dodging works well on bosses, get your timing right and don't end your roll in the middle of a hitbox.
>>
>>385911113
What frames of the roll animation give you invincibility? Are they at the very start of the animation?
Or is the entire thing iframes? Can you chain multiple rolls in a way that makes you invincible for the entire duration?

It's still pretty hard to avoid taking damage in fights like that fucking dwarven airship with a shit ton of enemies and projectiles on screen.
>>
File: 1490028018084.gif (975KB, 300x229px) Image search: [Google]
1490028018084.gif
975KB, 300x229px
>>385911285
>It's still pretty hard to avoid taking damage in fights like that fucking dwarven airship with a shit ton of enemies and projectiles on screen
You're better served just trying to avoid their attacks entirely rather than trying to dodge roll or block

If you really wanna make the game cuhrazy, spam the right AoE potions(blizzard, tornado, stationary fire iirc) during boss fights to make the game become PowerPoint as you go for retarded 999hit combos. A couple of the characters super moves have invulnerability from what I recall if you really wanna trade and punish bosses for attacking
>>
>>385912384
Isn't Blizzard Gwendolyn's spell, not a potion?
I honestly haven't been using alchemy much.

I had a lot of trouble fighting the phoenix chick, because I couldn't manage to avoid all of the attacks, and my health got drained by the fire dot effect.
But then I S ranked it with 0 damage taken, but just spamming attacks during her wind up animations so much, she ended up getting stunlocked for the entire fight.

I still don't know how to block or dodge reliably.
>>
File: 1490207755424.jpg (211KB, 804x611px) Image search: [Google]
1490207755424.jpg
211KB, 804x611px
>>385912651
>I honestly haven't been using alchemy much
Get a hang for it, and you'll dunk bosses. The flat more damage potion is ridiculous. Getting the most out of your chef meals also can get you a bunch of levels with a bit of resource management

>Isn't Blizzard Gwendolyn's spell, not a potion?
After a quick google, yeah it looks like Blizzard is a Gwen specific spell like you said, I was likely mixing it up with Cyclone/Whirlwind. As a heads upon another note, Gwendolyn's the most boring character to play if you're getting tired already.

Cornelius and Mercedes really get fun once you get a hang for using their abilities correctly
>>
My personal favourite playstyles:

Cornelius = Mercedes > Velvet > Gwendolyn > Oswald

Oswald's just a weird character to play as, never got used to him even till endgame.
>>
>>385913431
>>385913631
Are the playable characters that different?
I assumed they basically have different elemental magic.
>>
>>385910351
Dropped this game after Mercedes' arc. Why do you always just repeat the same levels and bosses a bunch of times?
>>
>>385914784
Completely, but Mercedes is probably the most different and annoying because she's basically a touhou who needs to recharge.
>>
File: IMG_20170723_124257.jpg (2MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170723_124257.jpg
2MB, 3000x4000px
>>385910351
I want to fuck Cornelius
>>
>>385915242
That filthy gynoid on the left is ruining the scenery.
>>
File: kos_06.jpg (55KB, 500x509px) Image search: [Google]
kos_06.jpg
55KB, 500x509px
>>385915608
what do you mean ? :)
>>
>>385913631
oswald is the easiest and most broken out of the five
manually force shadow mode with that one skill, output damage, and then chug a potion to get your shadow form back
>>
>>385916170
Even she couldn't redeem that festering shit pile of a franchise.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.