[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since Grimwah is obviously never (ever) coming out, lets talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

Since Grimwah is obviously never (ever) coming out, lets talk about this gem
>beautiful hand-drawn graphics
>comfy as fuck music
>just the right difficulty with a good curve
>Patrick motherfucking Stewart

One of the best games in the genre imo
>>
Weren't the sequels better though?
>>
>>385908483
Lands of Lore 2 was a pretty good game, but the random transformations could get frustrating. I could never get LoL 3 working but I heard it was meh.

The Kyrandia series was great too though
>>
>>385908369
>/v ever talking about good games

Most of the cock-sucking faggots here hadn't even been born then.
>>
>>385910076
It's a shame, this was one of my favorite games as a child and honestly still is
>>
>>385908369
>everything about the White Tower
>everything about the Mines
>every starting character is shit besides Michael
>every character isn't nearly cool as Michael
>very easy to permanently ruin your game
>the entire part in the Swamps where you instantly die if you walk over the swamp tiles without casting freeze, and those swamp tiles are everywhere
>most monsters kill you in a few hits throughout the entire game if you are playing on the hardest

I don't understand why people say this is the best starting game for the genre. I played through Might and Magic 3 to 5, Wizardry 6 and 7 and Anvil of Dawn, yet Lands of Lore was by far the most frustrating and difficult experience, especially if you choose the canon main character (the filthy catbeast).
>>
File: ego_bladerunner.jpg (326KB, 1000x997px) Image search: [Google]
ego_bladerunner.jpg
326KB, 1000x997px
>>385910762
>everything about the White Tower
Only the ghost floor really, but yeah, that was really bad. Took me ages and was just tedious.
>everything about the Mines
The Mines were amazing. What didn't you like about it? It especially had some great mapping.
Do you even Ak'shel?
Really? I've only played it once, but through the entire game without problems. Could you elaborate?
>the entire part in the Swamps where you instantly die if you walk over the swamp tiles without casting freeze, and those swamp tiles are everywhere
That was dumb, yeah. Took me a while to figure out too.
>most monsters kill you in a few hits throughout the entire game if you are playing on the hardest
Can't comment on that.

Seems like you have some valid opinions here. LoL was still great though, enjoyed it far more than Legend of Grimrock which I played directly afterwards.
>>
>>385910687
Same here, one of my early games faves
>>385908483
And no, not really. LOL2 was still somewhat good, although different but third game was complete trash, was released after EA takeover and looks like cheaply made attempt to milk the brand
>>
>>385910762
>White Tower
Not the best part of the game but still do-able. It's endgame tho so it better be hard
>the Mines
Honestly love this part. From the monster slug to the minecart rollercoaster
My nigga Conrad disagrees
Except for Conrad, Baccata, Timothy
How exactly? Never had this issue
Magic atlas bro
Well it IS the hardest difficulty

Kieran did fucking suck tho
>>
First you must butcher the creature whose flesh has never lived
>>
OFFICIAL LANDS OF LORE DUNGEON RANKING

Top Tier:
>Catwalk Caverns
>Urbish Mines

Good Tier
>White Tower
>Castle Cimmeria

Mid Tier
>Draracle's Caves

Barely a Dungeon Tier
>Thug's Cave
>Roland's Manor
>>
https://youtu.be/JbGsH5v2hkA

Post comfy tracks.
You again? Come to see Victor!
>>
>>385912247
I don't see anything wrong here
>>
>>385912495
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbauwQolyfY
>>
>>385912495
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vq9rX6iezc
>>
>>385908369
LoL is absolutely GOAT. My dad bought it for me on diskettes when it first came out and later on CD when one of the diskettes got corrupted. I never did finish it as a kid (fuck the white tower).
>>
"The scones are firmly attached..."
>>
>>385912850
>diskettes
Eurobro I see?

Same here tho, played it with my dad when I was younger but we got stuck on the first red gate for hours and then played Kyrandia in stead.
Returned years later and got stuck on the white tower. Only just actually finished it for the first time last year.
>>
>>385913086
I think you mean sconses....
>>
File: 2162252-thomgog1.jpg (10KB, 217x320px) Image search: [Google]
2162252-thomgog1.jpg
10KB, 217x320px
Find a flaw. Its literally impossible
Fucking love Bacatta's design
>>
>>385913205
That line was weirdly memorable, despite it being just some nonsense rambling when inspecting the mansion.

Goddamn, I miss Ak'shel. He was my spiritual bro.
>>
Never played this genre, what games are good?

Can I start with this?
>>
File: i_love_yumi!.jpg (111KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
i_love_yumi!.jpg
111KB, 500x500px
Since we're talking about LoL, is it a worthwhile endeavour to buy physicals of those old 90s RPGs? I know you can get most of them on GoG or Steam, but I just like those old boxes. Do the CDs even work anymore? What's the average lifespan of CDs back then? I assume it's not as long as CDs these days?
>>
>>385913381
"Conax. Vur. Talamari"

This game is full of memorable lines, and the voices too.

"You, Dawn, will be the first to grovel at my feet!

Caw!"
>>
>>385913475
Throne Of Chaos is a great starter and its super cheap on GoG

>>385913527
I still have my original big box with manuals and floppies. No idea how much they go for these days but I imagine a lot. GoG seems like the best pick desu
>>
>>385913475
Absolutely. Lands of Lore actually the best introduction to the genre, because it is fairly easy yet engaging and the underlying system can be grasped easily. It's like an action-game disguised as a first person RPG. From there you can move on to more complex stuff.
>>
>>385913527
CDs are pretty much eternal. I have CDs from the 90s and they work just fine. Only problem with old CD games is compatibility with newer OSs.
>>
>>385913475

Wizardry 8 is a great starting point. It has everything great about the series and the UI and mechanics have aged well.

Etrian odyssey is also great if you can stand weeb shit and have a 3DS
>>
I went to sleep last night, did cleve pull his usually number? he was all "it'll be out in minutes!" 8 hours ago.
>>
>>385913905
wat?
>>
File: Untitled.png (80KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
80KB, 640x400px
What do I do?
>>
>>385913905
I guess he has no idea that Valve can only approve shit during their office hours
>>
>>385914034
Pick Ak'shel like a sensible human being.
>>
>>385914034
Just click. The cursor is in the right position.
Face it. With all the dangers in the Lands you need someone with his adaptabilty
>>
>>385914034
Just make sure to get your rogue stat to 5 by endgame or Castle Cimmera will eat you alive
>>
>>385914034
Conrad or Ak'Shel. Michael if you want to play Chad Thundercock. Commit suicide if you click on the furry.
>>
>>385914198
Kieran is the canon hero though.
>>
>>385914243
Yeah and the worst one.
>>
>>385914243
Lets not talk about that
>>
File: lol-8-full.png (104KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
lol-8-full.png
104KB, 640x480px
>>385914290
Destiny works in strange ways.
>>
>>385914361
Dawn is such a qt
>>
>>385914034
>Ak'shel
Weak. Might directly scales with damage on spells and attacks, so he is in fact the weakest spellcaster. His only advantage is he gets a shitload of mana, so you'll be spamming spells to try and compensate. Also sounds like a retard pretending to be an old guy.
>Michael
The best character. Might is the only stat that really matters. He is the strongest spellcaster and the best fighter in one. His smugness is befitting his absurd power. His only weakness is his low mana pool, but it his stupidly high might more than makes up for it.
>Kieran
Absolute shit, worst character in the game, but the canon choice. His might is horrible, he has an inherent disadvantage with ALL attacks on top of his low might, but he attacks the fastest. The faster attacks do not make up for his uselessness. Worst personality, genuinely painful to listen to him talk. Do not choose under any circumstances.
>Conrad
The only real choice besides Michael. Having more mana to play around with is nice, and he has a good enough mana pool that he doesn't feel limited. Incredibly boring personality, never got past the first forest with him.
>>
>>385914198
Listen to this man
>>
I remember watching my mother playing this and heroes of might and magic 2 hours when I was little.
This thread bring back good memories.
>>
>>385914841
I remember sitting on my dad's lap and playing this game. Every time a monster showed up he'd have to beat it for me and then I could continue.
>>
>>385914738
Agreed on mostly everything except Conrad. I thought he was a total bro
>>
>>385912850
>>385913163
>>385914930
Is this possibly the dadcorest of all games? One of my friends also played Ultima Underworld with his dad.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
What the fuck was this episode though?
>>
File: 6.png (26KB, 633x417px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
26KB, 633x417px
>>385914598
Absolutely.
>>
>>385908369
man i fucking love lands of lore, i kept playing lol2 as a kiddo, and never really quite got what the fuck i was doing, later i bought lol1 and just tried it out briefly but i was a junior and couldnt get into old school rpgs

then i bought lol3 somewhere and it was cool, never could complete that either, but hella fuck running around the city and exploring dimensions, man i wish i was a kid again
>>
>>385915049
I think it might be top-tier dadcore

>>385915182
No idea but hell if it wasn't trippy as fuck

>>385915245
Scotia jealous as fuck bullying Dawn
>>
>>385915338
Lol2 confused the fuck out of me with those random transformations
>>
File: lands-of-lore-1-07.jpg (101KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
lands-of-lore-1-07.jpg
101KB, 640x400px
>>385915389
Scotia couldn't even be that hot when she tried with her transformation powers.
>>
>>385915338
This and heroes of might and magic. Played them because I saw my parents play. Never got far. Hopefully they bought a PS1 and I finally was able To complete my first video games. Except the first rayman fuck that even my parents were unable to finish that.
>>
>>385915820
id go in with her, if you know what i mean
>>
>>385908369
>Patrick Stewart

Yeah like thats anything to be proud of, that sjw faggot. Just look how good Oblivion was lmaooo was a shit heap.
>>
>>385915820
Timid fool, I will not forget you
>>
>>385915820
>not wanting a gummy old lady blowjob from an illusion
>>
>>385916047
Here's your (you) now gtfo and let us have a nice thread
>>
Thanks for the nice thread guys. Nostalgia like this feels good
>>
File: Lands_of_Lore.webm (960KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Lands_of_Lore.webm
960KB, 1280x800px
I hope y'all motherfuckers are playing this using BassMIDI because SoundBlaster sounds like ass in comparison.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.