[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me two good reasons you're not subscribed to Indiebox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: 160727_IndieBox-Ad02.jpg (106KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
160727_IndieBox-Ad02.jpg
106KB, 1200x675px
Give me two good reasons you're not subscribed to Indiebox to get physical copies of all your favorite PC indie games?
>>
>>385892796
1) They've only had one game I'd call "a favorite"
2) The goodies were trash
>>
Because if I get a game I don't like, I can't do shit about it, do they have a way of refunding or not?
>>
>>385892796
>indie
Do I need to explain?
>>
>>385892796
>physical copies of all your favorite PC games
I wish, I've had to pirate all of the modern games I like since they are only released digitally or it just comes with a code for Steam in the box and I refuse to pay for a digital copy or use Steam
>>
>physical copies
>>
File: 1484033077138.png (635KB, 957x1197px) Image search: [Google]
1484033077138.png
635KB, 957x1197px
>>385893251
>paying for digital
>>
>>385892796
1.-Because they are overpriced for what they contain, biggest examples being Jotun and Assault Android Cactus, the only one worth was Axiom Verge and it sold out the second it came out.
2.- 70% of the games presented are complete shit.
>>
Sorry I only subscribe to premium services like NerdCoffin™
>>
>>385893419
>Paying for outdated boxes with nothing in em
>still having to download the games, since the boxes only have serials to activate them.
>>
>Physical copies
Useless trash.
For consoles there's a slight case to be made if you don't have a modded console and want to forever be able to play the game after the service goes down, but for PC you can always get the files to run one way or another.
>>
File: 1411061556633.jpg (42KB, 330x315px) Image search: [Google]
1411061556633.jpg
42KB, 330x315px
>PAYING FOR GAMES
>PAYING FOR INDIESHIT IN A BOX
>>
>>385893590
Are you retarded?
>>
I am.
I'm not over the moon with it, but since I pay for it every 6 months, it feels nice to get a package in the mail and get a game. At the very least it's better for me because I know at least the game I'll be getting. If it's not one I like, I have friends I can gift it to.
Some have been really good like Nuclear Throne, but some I'm ambivalent about. I like collecting games though so I've got a positive experience with it.
>>
>>385892796
I don't feel power and security through ownership. Y'all a bunch of hoarders.
>>
File: LAUGH.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
LAUGH.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>385893692
>No argument

Physical-fags BTFO
>>
What a waste of money. And space. These are things I would likely bin within two years. Videogames are throwaway experiences. They're not timeless like books.

These aren't all time classics which deserve to be passed on to your children. Discs expire at a very fast rate, if you're lucky you're looking at 70 years, which I doubt. Within your lifetime these are going to be non functional.

If you must collect and invest, literature is the only way to go as that is going to last several lifetimes.
>>
>>385893886
I'm not arguing, I'm asking if you're retarded. The games come inside of the box, DRM-free.
>>
>>385894056
nobody is talking about the indie-box you fucking retard.

besides, all those games are shit.
>>
>>385893921
Collecting books just makes you look like a faggot nowadays. And who cares about preserving consumer trash for future generations. You'll be dead by then. All I care about is what I have at this very moment, not what some tri-racial gender fluid nu-male "deserves" in the future, when I've ceased to exist. Read a book on how to make a noose, you goddamned hippie fuck.
>>
>>385894191
>nobody is talking about the indie-box
It's an indie box thread, retard. Try again
Are you retarded? I mean seriously, I understand it's easy to get lost when you're retarded. I'm sorry your parents were cousins.
>>
>>385892796
Because indie games are trash
>>
>>385892796
for what purpose Triple AAA's that are like 20 gig are worth buying to save my bandwidth but small games aren't
>>
File: agUQbD6[1].jpg (463KB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
agUQbD6[1].jpg
463KB, 2688x1520px
I already missed the only good indiebox.
>>
>>385895269
You can order past boxes
>>
La Mulana indiebox when

>>385895680
That one is out of stock IIRC
>>
>>385895680
Only a couple of them. Axiom Verge was one of their first and has been out of stock for over a year.
>>
Steam,digital only, and people not exclusively buying digital is the reason for horrible practices such as early access, DLC, and releasing games unfinished. If games were released only physically without requiring some shitty "service" like Steam, they would have to be actually finished when they are released.
>>
It doesn't have a physical copy? Seriously? That's the only fucking point of subscribing to something like this. What a joke. Fuck do I hate you fucking trogs who decided that Steam was the only option. I will buy every god damn fucking copy of every god damn game's console versions if it means scum like Valve won't get to completely ruin the value of a game within the second you purchase it.
>>
>>385896056
I bought the steel case version of Axiom Verge and it came with a Steam key and a drm free version on a disk.
>>
>>385895968
I have nothing against games having patches. Not even against them having big patches. I still own a lot of games that are, more or less, unfinished or broken. These are on floppies, carts, and discs. What I hate; however, is the games that are released and have a 20-30 gig day one patch. Where you are quite literally selling the equivalent of a key than an actual game. In an MMO this is understandable, for some even stated. But for a singleplayer shooter? For a racing game?
>>
>>385896336
>In an MMO this is understandable
MMOs should still be released physically to.
My Vanilla WoW game discs have the game as it was day 1 on them, which is how all MMOs should be sold.
I am against having patches, video games seem to be the only product that are able to be sold unfinished, and some faggots eat shit like early access (paying the developer to beta test for them, something they used to have to pay people to do) and DLC up.
>>
>>385895269
i have to admit, that rocking an Axiom Verge sticker would be pretty awesome
>>
AKA "How to spend the maximum money on games you could have easily pirated so that their developers can spend more time on twitter calling you a nazi".
>>
>>385892796
I dont like indie games. Well that's not it. I just generally don't care for 2d side scrollers and pixel art. Which means I don't like 90% of indie games.
>>
Is this like limitedrungames, where you pay $30 for a tiny ass indie game you would get in a steam sale for $2.49 because IT COMES IN A BOX JUST LIKE THE 1990s

I am guilty of buying one or two of those
>>
>>385894337
It doesn't shock me at all that you're the typical modern videogame fan.
>>
>>385896603
And I do agree with that, however I also fully expect that with a game like an MMO it simply isn't feasible to release a physical copy with each subesquent patch. I still have a shareware copy of Duke 2, as well as my unpatched and then patched versions of King's Quest 3. That was fine when you might move a million or so units in five to ten years, with many of those coming later as a part of collections and boxed sets. But in this current age where you're actually selling over a million in a day, if not hours, it becomes a major task. Incidentally I also have a copy of Ultima that i've never opened and still has the packaging on it, though the packaging does have a small tear in the wrapping which i'm sure reduces the value immensely to autists.
>>
The only one I got was the Nuclear throne one. I was very dissapointed. I at least wanted more backstory.

Also no YV figure? I don't want Little fucking Bandit
>>
>>385897234
It doesn't shock me at all that you're a complete faggot. Go read a book and continue smoking that corporate cock, freak.
>>
>>385892796
Carton already makes for like half of my trash.
>>
>>385897943
>Go read a book and continue smoking that corporate cock
Ironic you say that when corporations want everything to be digital only since it increases their profits and makes it easier for them to distribute whatever product or service they are selling.
>>
>>385897943
>corporate cock
>books
Have you people really lost your minds? This is worse than I could have ever imagined.
>>
>>385897929
It's Big Bandit, and if you want a YV figure then fangamer has it, also it's higher quality than the ones in the indie box.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.