[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a game for me please, /v/ I want something really addictive,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: fAXLMtb.jpg (102KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fAXLMtb.jpg
102KB, 1920x1080px
Find a game for me please, /v/
I want something really addictive, things that worked for me:
Stellaris - Every time i start it waste like 30-40 hours on it
FTL - 20-30 hours it was fun
Path of exile - 2k hours in one year
Payday 2 - 150 hours in 1 month
EVE Online - first month i was playing 10-12 hours a day
XCOMs (all) - tons of time, but i played all similar games, even silent storm
Stalker: cop with misery was fun, but i lost my saves - 30 hours ~
Space station 13 - it was fun when sessions was around 5h or even more, now when it's mostly 1 or 2 hours sessions i don't want to play it
It should be a game for SOLO play, cuz 1/3 of my friends have shit taste and playing trash tier games like pubg, 1/3 is in army (3-rd worlder, yeah), and last 1/3 are unable to play with me because of other reasons.
>>
>>385891875
Have you tried black desert online?
I haven't felt like this about an MMO since SWG.
It does have issues, and terrible cash shop shit, but you can ignore that and have a real comfy time You can breed horses. all the fun and interesting parts of the game are not effected by the cash shop.
I didn't think I would like it due to the artstyle and the focus on ERP shit, but once you get into it all that evaporates and you have comfy time cooking and crafting and breeding horses and trading. you don't even ever need to do the typical 'go kill mobs' part of most mmos. you can be billionaire from farming wheat.

It ain't perfect but you said solo play and you can play this completely solo. It is very comfy and the world feels alive.

have this code to to play 7 days free, the game only costs something like $12, some people say the cash shop is p2w and it is a really bad cash shop but you can thankfully totally ignore it and half the shit available to buy they end up giving you for free anyway, it just exploits the impatient

4IGMB05-URF4FRQ-3N0O02A-S1SBQ
https://www.blackdesertonline.com/

and another 2 if some wants it

GROVSQN-I7EN54H-H83LAPJ-D7CJ8
2VB9LIN-E5J8I03-O16DGJF-AAK10
>>
>>385891875
Why is that Comet not murdering that mining filth?
>>
>>385893379
>Have you tried black desert online?
Yeah, me and my friend waited, but with huge scepticism cuz asians can't into gamedesign
>It does have issues, and terrible cash shop shit, but you can ignore that and have a real comfy time You can breed horses. all the fun and interesting parts of the game are not effected by the cash shop.
Well, for me there is 2 IMPORTANT problems
PvP is non-existent in this game, you can't hunt other player for profit, you can do this just to enjoy gamemechanic with players instead of npc (and this makes no sense in game with action focused combat) and second problem is how the game looks, i'm not even talking about design, i'm talking about lowres texture on everything that is not character with worst DOF i seen in games trying to hide it.
>t ain't perfect but you said solo play and you can play this completely solo. It is very comfy and the world feels alive.
Anyway i thought about playing it again anyway because i have literally NOTHING to do, was thinking about TESO too, but i know nothing about TESO
>have this code to to play 7 days free, the game only costs something like $12, some people say the cash shop is p2w and it is a really bad cash shop but you can thankfully totally ignore it and half the shit available to buy they end up giving you for free anyway, it just exploits the impatient
This is global code, right? If so i'll try it again.
(first time i tried on localized servers, but company who published BDO here is really fucking bad, i hope situtation is better on global server)
>>
File: 1263452090803.jpg (324KB, 1037x1455px) Image search: [Google]
1263452090803.jpg
324KB, 1037x1455px
>>385891875
man thats a neat list. but if you are asking for sugestions, at least make a list of the things you like to see or gameplay you enjoy.

I see you have a lot of time on your hands, so maybe play some overly autistic game, like dwarf fortress or pandora.

if you want less autism, try prison architect, rimworld or craft the world (babies first DF)

you could also try something along the lines of a crpg.
divinity orignal sin is pretty great and playing with physics is fun
pillars of eternity is amazing too, writing is pretty good and the gamplay is really solid as well.
neverwinter nights 1 & 2 is a preatty accurate DnD sim and you could waste thousands off hours on the base campaigns, not even mentioning the community made ones.

age of wonders shadow magic,age of wonders 3 and endless legend if you like the idea of fantasy setting 4x game.

hope those help.
>>
>>385894084
>dwarf fortress
TONS of time, even though i don't really like it so much, ss13 and cataclysm is better
>if you want less autism, try prison architect, rimworld or craft the world (babies first DF)
played it too
>you could also try something along the lines of a crpg.
divinity orignal sin is pretty great and playing with physics is fun
pillars of eternity is amazing too, writing is pretty good and the gamplay is really solid as well.
neverwinter nights 1 & 2 is a preatty accurate DnD sim and you could waste thousands off hours on the base campaigns, not even mentioning the community made ones.
And this too, lol
Dropped PoE, but other games are nice, yeah
>age of wonders shadow magic,age of wonders 3 and endless legend if you like the idea of fantasy setting 4x game.
i'll check
>>
File: ozqFGE7.jpg (171KB, 1220x1227px) Image search: [Google]
ozqFGE7.jpg
171KB, 1220x1227px
>>385894332
What about rpgs?
Shit like witcher 3 or dragons dogma.
And on the low tiers, you have elder scrolls and dragon age.
Those should tide you over for a couple of weeks at least
>>
>>385894590
>Shit like witcher 3 or dragons dogma.
I'm in second DLC in witcher 3 (first one was really good, but this is... idk)
and about dragons dogma, i don't like japanese rpg
>And on the low tiers, you have elder scrolls and dragon age.
Played everything but inquisition
Because of this thread i started noticing i played too much vidya in my life, lol
>>
File: toot.png (477KB, 1050x1050px) Image search: [Google]
toot.png
477KB, 1050x1050px
>>385891875
Monster Hunter is a series where you can easily dump in a ton of hours in any of the games.

The single player and multiplayer questlines are independent, the former doesn't go as far as the latter but you can solo it fine for the most part as monsters will just have a bit more HP and damage which doesn't scale with player count.
>>
>>385891875

>Comet

Good taste anon.
>>
>>385893670
I played eve for 7 years, what a waste of my life, I kept thinking the next patch would make the game good but nothing really changed, its just a market simulator with space themed wallpaper.

>>385893741
How long ago is this? the game changed quite a bit and theres more organised pvp now, but if you want pvp then i wouldn't even suggest this game despite it having open world 'kill anyone anytime' pvp, to me that wasn't the point of the game, the gear disparity means only the players with the highest end gear can survive at all.
>lowres texture on everything that is not character
I think you must have a pretty bad pc i've got no issues with that , I do have issue with draw distance but i can forgive it, i jsut don't give a shit about graphics , if this game looked like SWG i'd be fine with it, i don't graphics ever needed to be better than that. Also you can fine tune the settings more than in most mmos, it even has built in 'enb' like filters.

A lot has changed with the game, did it still cost energy to cook/process/alchemy when you played? now only gathering costs energy.

As they catch up to the korean version they are refining the game so that it is much less based on the typical korean mmo. The game is very different to the korean version now, so many people complained they realised that the korean model won't work so they started being more generous and a little less money hungry.

game just gave me that feeling i haven't had in ages, when i had to go on a long journey to get some crafting materials, most mmos allow such easy fast travel you never feel like theres any distance between places.
>>
File: 7jWIZ3Y.jpg (25KB, 468x240px) Image search: [Google]
7jWIZ3Y.jpg
25KB, 468x240px
>>385894687
I hate jrpgs too. But dragons dogma feels like what action rpgs should strive for. It does so many things right it baffles me.

Also what the fuck do you do that you can spend 12 hours a day for an entire month playing vidya?
Maybe take a break and do some other stuff for a while?
>>
>>385891875

kerbal space program

simcity 4
>>
File: taking a break from MH.webm (2MB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
taking a break from MH.webm
2MB, 400x240px
>>385894780

>Not OP

Monster Hunter is terrible. I love it and get into so much it absorbs my life. It's so fucking fun to play and I can't get enough.

I skipped Generations just so I could play other games.
>>
File: narg.png (20KB, 162x148px) Image search: [Google]
narg.png
20KB, 162x148px
>>385895298
>I skipped Generations

You're honestly not missing out, other than largely being a retread in content the novelty of hunter arts and styles does wear off. We don't even have a release date for the re-release the nips got earlier this year.
>>
>>385895298
I'll never understand the appeal of this game, I tried to play it once and the combat is all the game has and it is such a joke, stiff and boring and every monster is like that webm, clipping through everything and floor its such a mess, a lazy mess. But it must have something because it has such large and dedicated community, so maybe when I played it, it just didn't click with me
>>
>>385895010
12 hours a day isn't much, how many hours do you waste working to make someone else rich?
on average I play 20 hours per session then some sleep then repeat. If you want to do other stuff then this board isn't for you. Casual.
>>
>>385895701
Boss fights and self-improvisation are the appeal, be it through personal skill and equipment. Weapons are generally satisfying to use. The games barely changing (until recently) its core since the PS2 original is a stronger point than you think.
>>
>>385891875
Try Spelunky or Binding of Isaac
>>
If you like space game check out X3
>>
>>385895002
I'm taking a break at the moment from Eve because of this, I've actually been going out for a change.

Aren't all video games a waste of life though? Especially at our age if you were seven years deep.
>>
>>385895002
>How long ago is this?
Like year or more, idk
>I think you must have a pretty bad pc i've got no issues with that ,
Nah, i was playing on ultra, you can post me your screenshot and i'll say if i had same graphic as you or not.
> did it still cost energy to cook/process/alchemy when you played
Yeah
>>
>>385891875
10/10 taste anon, I play the same shit. Try X3 and Factorio.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.