[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the uh, the DUST has SETTTEEELLEEED. What's the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Now that the uh, the DUST has SETTTEEELLEEED. What's the veredict on Crash Bandicoot: The N SANE trilogy? Will it be the defined version to play? Or will the originals still be the preferred version.
>>
Some minor hitbox inconsistencies won't stop it from being the best version of the games.
>>
>>385889179
It's a good enough version of 2 & 3 to play
DEFINITIVE VERSION OF 1 BAR NONE
>>
>>385889275
They do when the level design hasn't compensated for the adjustments.
>>
>>385889275
Because fuck gameplay altering bugs in a precise platformer, right? It's all about the nostalgia baby!
>>
The changed mechanics are annoying, but I still find it super enjoyable to play.

Crash 1 has aged terribly tho.
>>
>>385889423
>Crash 1 has aged terribly tho.
how
>>
>>385889179
Literally the 2nd coming of Dark Souls.
>>
>>385890275
for you
>>
File: You Trashed me Mate.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
You Trashed me Mate.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
I don't mind it. The improved controls in crash 1 are pretty nice. But i might just stick to emulating 2-3.
>>
>>385891240
ya thrashed the game mate
>>
I want to abuse and bully Coco
>>
File: 1484547584080.png (70KB, 231x181px) Image search: [Google]
1484547584080.png
70KB, 231x181px
The originals are better to look at and don't have dumb hitboxes. Also much better music.
What is this shit?
https://youtu.be/oHeWuGIWgKI
https://youtu.be/SKHlhOqVTFI

>>385891240
>Not spin jumping
>>
1 was alright, 2 remake was botched completely, can't say anything for 3 since I didn't play the original.
>>
The originals have lower loading times and less glitches (surprisingly), but at least it's all three games on one disc. Plus, the DLC gives you access to a beta level, so I guess if you're a diehard fan it's worth it.
>>
crash was never good
>>
>>385892180
>2 remake was botched completely
How so?
>>
>>385889368
They don't when the levels are forgiving enough to begin with for it to not really effect the game.
>>
The dust has not settled.
>>
>>385889380
Stop being shit at the game, fatass.
>>
COCO IS FOR ANAL
>>
>>385892332
It's all personal, but out of the 3 remakes I think it looks the worst, the ice physics were completely changed and it was super noticeable coming right out of replaying the original(the death route in cold hard crash with all the nitro was a real standout example), the exploit where if you slide, spin and let off the d-pad for more speed was removed completely, and I don't like the music as much. That said botched was a strong word. I still had fun with all 3. I'd probably just stick to the original 2.
>>
>>385890167
Save system
>>
I hate the lighting in the remakes so much
>>
>>385893146
It's really hit and miss. Some levels look gorgeous but a lot just look bad.
>>
>>385889179
I still prefer the originals, honestly.
>>
>>385892572

>defense force
Okay...
>>
>>385890275
>it's dark souls
Retarded.
>>
>>385894461
GOTCHA, NIGGA.
>>
Does someone have the name of that emulator that has those features that remove the jaggy animations and textures from PS1 games?

I want to see what Crash looks like on it.
>>
>>385892798
This reminds me of the reasons I still play Metroid Prime on GC instead of the Wii version. There are several exploits that just make the game more enjoyable to play that were removed, thus ruining the game experience.
>>
>>385892820
Wait what, they didn't update the saving system for the remaster?
>>
>>385894860
pcsx-r pgxp
>>
>>385889275
The originals look better.The HD remake has playable coco, analog stick controls, and saving in 1.
>>
woe
>>
File: Cooch of ice.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cooch of ice.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>385894860
>>
>>385894903
he was talking about the old crash 1. not the n sane trilogy one.
>>
>>385889179
Can't speak for the quality of N Sane when compared to originals but I think the games are pretty lame. I fell for the Crash meme and wasted money.
>>
>>385889179

You can go either or on 2 & 3. 1's pretty up in the air - playability is better on the original but the QOL changes make the game in general much more accessible in the right ways. I'd call it the best version of 1 but until those hitboxes get a touch up I could see arguments to the contrary. Certainly not the best way to play Road to Nowhere and High Road, I tell you hwat.
>>
>>385889179
The verdict is you're a colossal faggot for making a "now that the dust has settled" thread. The sentence is painful suicide. Get on it, you piece of shit.
>>
>>385895216
>accessible
So for normie faggots
>>
>>385895357

No, I mean a save system that actually makes sense, a gem system that doesn't make you want to pull your hair out and box counters so you can actually know what the fuck you're doing.
>>
>>385889179

It's the best version of Crash 1, with equal to better versions of 2 and 3. If someone were to play this instead of the originals then I would have no issue, and I think that's the highest honor I can give.
>>
>>385895216
>Certainly not the best way to play Road to Nowhere and High Road, I tell you hwat.
Aside from a few of those jumps with the turtles, both levels are fine. I had no issues with landing on the planks. And after looking at playthroughs of both levels in the PS1 game, it's clearly the different movement system, not the hitboxes, that makes those jumps such a pain in the ass.
>>
>>385889275
You forgot 3's jump and physics used for all 3 games and ruining the first 2.
>>
I honestly think it's the best version of the 3 games. Most of the issues like hitboxes and the jump physics aren't that bad in 2 and 3. There's a couple levels in the first game they fucked up on though.
>>
>>385897567
for you
>>
>>385889179
I liked it.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.