[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>5 new zones >Going back to the Crystal Desert and Elona

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 592
Thread images: 117

>5 new zones
>Going back to the Crystal Desert and Elona from GW: Nightfall
>Story is focused on GW1 lore (Balthazaar)
>new classes
>rideable mounts
>only $29.99

Holy fuck, Guild Wars 2 is going to be good now
>>
File: Delete this!.jpg (21KB, 570x479px) Image search: [Google]
Delete this!.jpg
21KB, 570x479px
>>385888896

>Guild Wars 2 is going to be good now

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on my pants on head retarded ass.

No.
>>
>>385888896
Do I still have to buy the last expansion.
Do People who bought the original game still get nothing as compensation for owning it.
>>
>>385888896
How many new MMOs, botched patches, and failed expansions have to come out before people stop getting hyped before content is released? You people are fucking dumb.
>>
>>385888896
>>5 new zones
>>Going back to the Crystal Desert and Elona from GW: Nightfall
>>Story is focused on GW1 lore (Balthazaar)
>>new classes
>>rideable mounts
>>only $29.99
What about will make the game good? Story can be enjoyed onec at best, mounts to faster pass shitty areas? Wow. New classes? Not even the old classes interested me. Price? At least they know the worth of their trash.
>>
File: 1405310418045.gif (2MB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
1405310418045.gif
2MB, 236x224px
>>385889568
Its literally going back to Guild Wars 1

How can you not be excited
>>
>>385888896
>Holy fuck, Guild Wars 2 is going to be good now
It's going to be good when they decide to drop GW2 and return to GW1.
>>
>>385889747
>Its literally going back to Guild Wars 1
Usually you would call that using rehashed areas, lazy efforts, lack of ideas. It's also going back to GW1 with GW2 mechanics.
>>
File: Protective_Spirit_(large).jpg (26KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
Protective_Spirit_(large).jpg
26KB, 248x248px
>>385889747
KEK
Have you even played GW1?
>>
gosh I can't wait to see all the content this expansion brings into the cash shop
>>
>>385888896
>rideable mounts
GW2 didn't have mounts?
>>
File: 1494894989409.png (274KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494894989409.png
274KB, 500x500px
>no new races
>no new classes, only "specs" which are poorly balanced and not really interesting
>new zones are just a bunch of sand with a shitton of niggers
>the new character customizations is only nigger shit for humans
>mounts are ugly as fuck
>HoT isn't part of f2p content, if you want to buy new xpac, you stil need to drop 20 extra bucks to buy HoT
>They're release those new specs, which lets us swap between "class", but needs us to have the whole fucking set for that new class in our inventory, while they still charge gems for inventory expansion
>i have 3 bag expansion myself and more than half of my inventory is stuff i'm binded to, can't store anywhere else because might need to swap class to fulfil role in raid, because retarded aNet wouldn't just fucking create new classes already

I've been playing gw2 daily in the last 60 days. But since xpac announcement, i haven't logged in again.

Yeah, please, let it fucking die. FFXIV xpac was far superior, ffs even WoW xpac was better and far more promising, and i fucking hate WoW.
>>
>>385890037
>HoT isn't part of f2p content, if you want to buy new xpac, you stil need to drop 20 extra bucks to buy HoT
You dont need HoT to play PoR
>>
>>385890015
It only had toy "mounts" like a magic carpet and witch broom
>>
>>385890262
Oh, sure, because missing out 140 mastery points/raids, won't be a problem at all. That's like saying that you can be a man, without having a dick.
>>
>>385890037
HoT comes with PoF
>>
File: lmao.png (301KB, 989x876px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
301KB, 989x876px
>>385890660
No, it doesn't.
>>
File: for a price.png (70KB, 239x286px) Image search: [Google]
for a price.png
70KB, 239x286px
>>385890897
I only read that it came with it, but the evidence stands.
>>
>>385889747
This is a joke, right? It's visiting reskinned areas from GW1, and that's it. Nothing else about it is even vaguely similar to GW1. Fuck off with this.
>>
>>385888896
>game is so bad they have to use gw1 glory to try to bait people
holy fuck
I can't wait to farm a trillion months to get 1 (one) cool item
>>
>>385891142
The thing is, people will actually fall for this bullshit.
>>
>>385891068
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/prepurchase-guild-wars-2-path-of-fire/

"When you prepurchase any edition of Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, you can add Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ during checkout and purchase both expansions together for less than the combined individual expansion prices. For more information on available expansion editions and bonuses, please visit the official site."

Sorry, mate. Anet just happy merchant'd the shit out of everyone.
>>
File: lVlPvCB.gif (2MB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
lVlPvCB.gif
2MB, 400x250px
>>385890037
>i need an entire alternate set of armor (six total items and POSSIBLY a weapon) on me at all times in case I'm suddenly asked to raid by people, which can happen at any time and I will have no preparation for

I assume that's actually you in the picture.
>>
>>385889747

fuck off mike you game is ded
>>
p
>>
>>385891518
Because banking in and out 14 pieces of equipment and weapons isn't unnecessary effort at all. I normally join raids which requires multiclass, then obvsly i keep the stuff in my inventory. The issue is, i'd rather just swap character instead of swapping gear and relocating traits... But anet fucks up so hard, that they limit our character amount to minimum and charge us for extra inventory. That's been way to much a jerk with the players.

Your post made me laugh a lot though, i fucking love cats. Just as i love Guild Wars 2, for fuck sake, it's my favorite MMO ever, and the one i played the most. I had so high hopes for that xpac, and it already seem like the biggest flop ever.
>>
>>385890468

POF is a standalone expansion retard, the masteries of maguuma work only in maguuma except for the quality of life ones like auto loot that you can use in tyria, stop shitposting
>>
>>385891518
Also, it's six items from armor, six items from accessories/trinkets and weapons. So yeah, a shitlot of stuff.
>>
>>385891930

why don't you just make legendary shit so you can swap freely, you are a raidfag so that's all you are gonna get from raids anyway
>>
>>385891884
Sure, mate. You're shilling, i'm pointing actual flaws and i'm the one shitposting.
>>
>>385892054

>actual flaws
>mindless blabbering about shit you don't know nothing about when they flat out stated in the reveal that it is STAND ALONE like gw1

ok go be a retard in your own little world
>>
File: The bringer of death.jpg (42KB, 666x444px) Image search: [Google]
The bringer of death.jpg
42KB, 666x444px
>GW2
>Good
>>
still cant play as a fucking koda or tengu
>>
>>385888896
Is there a place to get it at a discount. Canadian money isn't worth anything.
>>
>>385892027
Legendaries are no good for weapons/trinkets, since i would have to swap the weapon type anw and there's "no" legendary trinkets. But i do am close to getting an legendary armor though, which i will probably give up since i won't be in the mood to play again after this flop of a xpac.

>>385892150
What world are you living in, mate? Are you that much of a sucker for nigger shit from new xpac? My whole fucking guild is on the verge of dropping the game, and we're a 500 man / 200 online average, hardcore raiding guild.
>>
As a warrior this entire expansion seems like it hates us thematically

>LOL Balthazzar is evil
>LOL spellbreaker literally has flashy spell skills
>LOL Guardian is basically berserkers
>LOL you're basically a bitch.
>>
>>385892530
The xpac preview video was extremely cringy, their speech during it was fucking pretentious and autistic, since there weren't that much of actual gameplay relevant info to talk about lmao
>>
>>385888896

>play GW2
>really like the engineer
>really like using the flame thrower and potions
>play a lot do ok in pretty much everything, be super tank guy in pvp
THREE MONTHS LATER
>meta is out in full swing
>every class has exactly one build worth a shit
>that one build is vastly different in every single game mode
>only good engie build requires using 3 different "weapons" and trying to use 50 different abilities in order
>quit
LAST WEEK
>get an itch
>hop on engie
>try to do a fractal
>get booted for being an engie three times, kicked the 4th for not using grenades
>horseshit grenade build is the only build worth a shit in an instance
>it's considered subpar

Never again. GW2 has to have some of the worst balance I've ever seen. WHY HAVE 50 FUCKING ABILITIES AND A DOZEN FUCKING WEAPONS IF EXACTLY ONE IS GOING TO BE USEFUL.
>>
>>385892718
I just feel as a long time Warrior player they have no idea what a fucking Warrior is anymore.

We're supposed to dominate physical combat, not shoot magical daggers everywhere.
>>
>>385892797
>Play Warrior
>Want to use Axes
>Get booted because I am not playing flag commander and going full anime with a greatsword.

It's worse when EVERY skill added by Berserker is never used, only flags and arc divider.
>>
>>385892530
>>385892897
>>385892802

>Some of the promo art literally shows a greataxe
>No new weapon types added.

I don't get it, new weapon skills all need new animations ANYWAY, why not add new weapon types?
>>
>>385892802
I'm a ranger main since the game released, bro. I wanted to be a ranged dps with cool pets. What i got was melee range attacking with Shortbow, trap spamming also in melee range retardly, or full blown >SUPPORT HEALER< faggotry. And now, i get to fucking loss my pet and be an less efficient thief... While Thiefs and Revs gets actually cool ranged combat. Thanks aNet, that totally makes sense.
>>
>>385893020
>guardian staff not balanced
>warrior rifle still not balanced
>ele staff not balanced

You get the idea - adding a weapon means more balancing work
>>
>>385892897

The other class I loved was warrior with a gun. It feels like I'm hauling around a canon. But it's terrible. I may as well be shooting jizz at people for as much damage as the rifle does.
>>
>>385893375
You mean

>Warrior anything not Bow, Hammer, Greatsword

Seriously, I played an Axe Warrior in GW1, I loved cutting off healing and generally making people run away.

Now Axes are literally "Worse Greatswords"

Like, Warriors are supposed to be meaty fuckers who tread into the thick of battle, yet they have shit defenses and zero defensive options outside of hoping their HP bar is high enough.
>>
File: what a coincidence.jpg (73KB, 561x99px) Image search: [Google]
what a coincidence.jpg
73KB, 561x99px
damn
>>
Why the fuck does the Mesmer get an axe? Its been like half a decade and I still can't use a goddamn pistol in my mainhand?
>>
>>385893020

See>>385893375

I want you to right now to give me a class were every weapon is within 30% usability of each other.

ANET couldn't balance a square on a fucking level table. Balance works like this:

>do they have melee weapon that does damage?
>do they have one ranged weapon that brings utility while doing 25% as much damage as previously mentioned melee weapon?

BALANCED.

And that's not even counting the poor fucking engineer who has two "main" weapons and neither are worth a shit. Or the Rev who has 12 abilities and only a quarter of them are actually useful and offer absolutely, literally, I'm-dead-fucking-serious no cross talent tree synergy.
>>
File: 1492716304747.gif (461KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1492716304747.gif
461KB, 320x240px
>>385888896
>>
File: trogdor.png (14KB, 438x371px) Image search: [Google]
trogdor.png
14KB, 438x371px
is this shit for real? that's the best they can do?
>>
>>385893759
>Balthazar is the god of Fire and War

AND BRAVERY!

Fuck me, they're going to make Balthazar evil forever until we kill him.
>>
>5 zones
I can't wait for 5 shitty-ass zones with almost no content in it and balanced around a zerg-train goign around it.
I can't wait them to time-gate them through masteries that took fucking forever to level.
I can't wait for them to have NO meaningful rewards whatsoever (armor, weapons) and the little shit they put in it will be ugly as sin and requires months of grinding the above zerg trains.
I can't wait for them to put a new "Elonian set" mounts / armor / glider / weapons on the gem store the very day the expansion comes out.
>>
>>385890037
>since this morning, i haven't logged in again
fuckin savage kid
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-24+at+07.08.25).jpg (178KB, 881x552px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-24+at+07.08.25).jpg
178KB, 881x552px
>Comeback to see changes on my fav class Engie
>Weapon kit swapping is still king for actual damage
>Turrets and Gadgets are still meme skills after 5 fucking years

Unless the new engie holo specialization is ridiculously good I wouldn't consider buying it.
>>
>>385892496

good

get the fuck out so people can enjoy the game in peace without LE HARDCORE RAIDERZZZ plaguing it with their crap elitism, go play world of cuckcraft
>>
>>385892797

>bring pvp focused class that does well in roaming and 1v1
>HURR WHY AM I GETTING BOOTED

holy shit fucking millennials never played a fucking MMO in their life should just kill themselves, play a PVE class if you want to do PVE you fucking mongoloid, you fags complained for years that everyone could do everything and there was notrinity, now you reap what you sowed bitch
>>
Is it just me or does the new Necro specialization look like it was designed for PvE? From what I've seen, you're giving up a lot of precious survivability for....more boon hate and conditions.
>>
>>385894864

I'm sure it will be a great alternative to scrapper. But the weapon will be worthless trash in all, but one game mode. You'll still use grenades/flame thrower/elixir gun, but now you'll get extra stacks of might!
>>
Made a new thread on /vg/

>>>/vg/184632748

The botspammer is still at large so, if you see any offtopic, please report it. ALso, include the word "colin" in your message so that we can tell you apart.

We can make this work
>>
File: 1350050973966.jpg (56KB, 391x500px) Image search: [Google]
1350050973966.jpg
56KB, 391x500px
Other thread autosaged while I typed this:

>SKIMMER
>While they cannot truly fly, they can hover for short distances at a height of several norn, making them indispensable for crossing large areas of treacherous quicksand or sulfur.
>crossing areas
Mounts are simply more bloated grind pits that players must acquire in order to access parts of the map. Mastery trash v2.0.

>Tyrian races kill two elder dragons without any truly catastrophic result
>Balthazar wakes up and wants to blow up the planet to kill one dragon
The human gods, no matter how much importance in-game characters put on them, have done NOTHING throughout the entirety of the franchise. This makes them boring characters. The dragons are elemental forces of nature who only seek to arbitrarily destroy things. This makes them boring characters. Weaving a plot which centers around Balthazar and [Dragon] is the most contrived and boring possible storyline that anyone could have ever made ever--not to mention the plot hole and a half that comes with the green text above.

>Rev (the class that shouldn't have ever existed) gets a new bow-wielding Charr spirit: it's Pyre Fierceshot's no-name, foot-note granddaughter who didn't do shit compared to ending the reign of the goddamn titans
>Thief rifle because stealth, standing still, and ranged tab targeting with lethal-damage DoTs is fun
>Ranger pets still aren't Engineer kits
>inevitable grind treadmill and time-gate walls in order to get baseline content because otherwise the expac would be exposed as 2 hours of content.

CONCLUSION: It's anet/10.
>>
>>385895794

I could play a fucking Thief and literally be god tier at every single facet of the game.

I refuse to believe you are this stupid. You can't. I refuse to believe someone capable of semi coherent typing could be this stupid.
>>
>>385895801
It's only remotely interesting because it kind of looks like an area denial class, but positioning and timing never really mattered in that game's PvP due to teleports, stability and invulnerability spam while boons never mattered in PvE because whatever. Guild Wars 2 conditions are also the worst implementation of DoTs I've ever seen in any video game ever. The game would simply be better without them. Boons are hardly any better.
>>
>>385889747
>plays nothing like GW1
>its literally GW1
You're the exact sucker they're trying to dupe with this nostalgia bait.

Same fucking morons who bought ESO Morrowind
>>
I can't decide what class I'm gonna play for this xpac, I played for awhile at launch, and came back for several months after HoT, but I'm only sitting on 3 80s.

I think I've narrowed it down to Thief, Elementalist or Ranger. I hesitate because as I'm Australian with my constant 300 ping targeted abilities are cancer to land unless my opponent is literally standing still, and that's just in PVE, don't even get me started on PVP.
>>
>>385896253

The lack of stability with the new specialization worries me too. And those barriers seem like a piss poor way of protection too, it's just gonna make getting focused down even more painful as a necro. At least with Reaper, if more than three people jumped you could at least face-tank their attacks for a little while cleaving them down their HP.

I like the idea of area denial but shit ain't gonna work in PvP considering all the leaps, teleports and blinks that other classes have.
>>
>people still being duped by nostalgia pandering in 2017
GW2 plays nothing like GW1. They're just reusing areas from a good game.

So what I gather is people just want to be reminded of GW1 instead of actually playing it
>>
>>385888896
arena net plz go

Balthazaar being the big bad does not make this game loyal to GW1 lore

fuck your new writing team they cant hold a candle to the original
>>
>>385896646

Neato, another aussie player. I'm a pvp player myself but goddamn it's painful sometimes. Fighting evade spam thieves are the fucking WORST with 280+ ping
>>
>>385891289
I wanted HoT to be free so all of those worthless niggers who got the base game for free would be burned the same way I was.
>>
File: 1341862070418.jpg (72KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1341862070418.jpg
72KB, 1200x1200px
>>385891884
>POF is a standalone expansion retard, the masteries of maguuma work only in maguuma
You say that like all that forced extra grind that's arbitrarily isolated within select zones--for the sole reason of making it look like those zones have any actual meaningful content--is a good thing, shillanon.
>>
>>385896869

No, no, the fucking worst is when someone evade spams you and you try to evade spam back AND IT DOES NOTHING.
>>
>>385892797
Mostly it's not about balance, but about player perception. First year people had a misbelief that necro is bad at pve, but power necros dealt like 30% more damage than warriors, while not being squishy like elems. You only needed wars for their banners. Engineers did more damage too, but you're right, you had to do like 3 times the efforts of wars and 5x the efforts of necros in order to do that damage.

Having to constantly spam all your shit out of CD when you basically have 3-4 total weapons is just dumb and is not funny.
>>
File: 1341786747868.jpg (24KB, 642x480px) Image search: [Google]
1341786747868.jpg
24KB, 642x480px
>>385896667
Stability never should have existed, but I understand what you mean anyway. GW2 has a myriad of critical issues that cripple the game, but one of the biggest is how player movement has never remotely matched the speed of damage. Damage travels so fast and freely in GW2 that the game might as well be fucking Runescape. You could manually juke damage better in GW1, and that game didn't even have a fucking jump button.
>>
Gw2 is so tragic.

Never have I seen a group of such talented art and zone designers get paired up with such shit game/story designers.

The story designers are slowly getting... better I guess. But there was a point I was doing the living world story in Gw2 after just coming back from playng witcher3... and the question kept in my mind.. why the fuck am I playing this when I could be playing witcher 3's story which is better in almost every single way.

The answer should've been team-play and MMO elements but those are completely devoid in the GW2.

The problem with GW2 is that it's the most on-rails game I've ever seen. Nothing is free for the player to truly choose and have weight to. Your character's skills are hotswappable and meaningless. Your characters spec is hotswappable and meaningless. Your characters gear is mostly irrelevent.

The best part of this game is the 'dress-up' element to it (grind for currency, then trade it for gems to buy pretty dresses to take pictures and paste on instagram).. I know LOTS of girls who play this game religiously for that aspect alone. In terms of actual character development it's junk.

The combat system is laughable. There is no planning involved. No "First I'm going to do this, then do that, which depends on this".... instead it's more of a button mash. Use all 4 skills every time they're off cooldown! If your a pro you already know 2 of those skills are useless so just use 2 skills whenever they're off cooldown.

There's no DPS meter or anything to be remotely competitive.

It's honestly the worst mechanics of an MMO I've ever witnessed... which is such a shame because its art design and level design team are the best I've ever seen in any MMO.
>>
File: 1500583587793.jpg (191KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1500583587793.jpg
191KB, 499x499px
all they literally had to do was keep the customizable skillbar but give us like 10 spells instead and one elite then I would play it, also I liked how in GW1 it was a forced campaign, so everyone would always see each other in the next town/mission
>>
>>385897060

Good thing I gave up on playing thief a long time ago. The only fun I had with it was when I dicked around a petting zoo thief build. Running around with your own posse of 7 summoned thieves was pretty funny.

>>385897210

Stability is okay, it's just some classes get a CRAZY amount of it. I mean Ranger has an elite skill that gives them 10 STACKS. Scrappers shit out stability every time they dodge and summon a gyro. Warriors can completely mitigate direct damage for certain periods of time, mesmers and thieves can just evade spam and guardians can just go invulnerable whenever they feel like it.

What do necros get? A second health bar and two dodges. It sounds nice on paper until you realize everyone else can outdamage you anyway and just blow it up within a couple of seconds. You got a point with the movement in the game, however my gripe is with how many classes that have access to all these crazy defensive passive skills without having to sacrifice any damage when for necros YOU GOTTA be glass cannon otherwise you'll hit like a wet noodle and die anyway.
>>
>>385889237
You have to buy the expansions separately, and buyers of the original still get fucked
>>
>>385897169

The problem with power necros and necros and general is that they didn't bring shit to the group. A warrior could /follow and jackoff and as long as he was shouting and dropping banners he brought more to a 5 man team than the best necro in necro town.

Anyway player perception and balance are one in the same. Especially in games that outright favor certain classes in certain scenarios. I could be the best fucking engineer in the history of forever, I could triple the damage of my entire group every time I played and I'd still be the one everyone eyes warily if any sort of mistake was made.
>>
File: 1487714293312.jpg (68KB, 702x672px) Image search: [Google]
1487714293312.jpg
68KB, 702x672px
>gw1 has never been on sale since gw2 released
>>
File: trans.png (668KB, 900x698px) Image search: [Google]
trans.png
668KB, 900x698px
This is Teddy. He plays ff14 and tries to steal their idea. He also pretends he is a girl and it racist if you call him a him
>>
>>385897801
They took everything good and abandoned it, didn't they, Neb?
>>
File: gw033-.jpg (205KB, 765x699px) Image search: [Google]
gw033-.jpg
205KB, 765x699px
Help
>be charr/ironlegion/engineer
>serious fuck interested in getting shit done
>invent ghostbore
>promoted to centurion
>fucking 10/10 love this character
>now pick an order to follow

>vigil is serious fucks
>BUT looks like character will only be developed through tests of arms/daring, and they demand your character lick their boots right off the bat with no recourse for being a prideful faggot

>priory would value novelties/intelligence & probably develop the character's invention/engineering side
>adhd/un-serious focus, get side-tracked on very first day, the fucking mentor is a leaf and the faction is known for being snooty chickenshits

>whispers talks big about getting results/being serious
>is actually the comedic faction

There's no correct option
>>
File: 1409985758184.jpg (25KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1409985758184.jpg
25KB, 640x640px
>>385888896
>"I will become the only god!"

What the fuck is this? Why is Balthazar acting like a fucking retarded super villain? There's no way that the garbage story telling team will be able to explain his change of character in any satisfying way, or what became of the other human gods.
>>
>>385898531
Your taking this game too seriously man. All 3 factions are voiced and written by the same people such that beyond namesakes they will all function pretty similarly. (Tell you their options and motives which are reskinned versions of each other in a monotonous voice).

I mean your character gets basically all their 'common' skills at level 10, what more do you expect from this game?
>>
>>385898623
Lol.. Play witcher 3 for an hour and come back to play this GW2 storyline. I have no idea how 'humans' can make storylines as engaging as witcher 3.... then turn around and pump out garbage like GW2.
>>
>>385898623
I'm sure it's going to be like a scooby doo episode where they pull the mask off and it's one guy, but they realize that he's wearing another mask and it turns out to be someone entirely different

my guess is scarlett
>>
>>385898531
You're with your order for a VERY short time, go with what feels right.

Personally went whispers on my engy. Was leaning hard on priory, but the whispers just consistently had the most practical solutions beyond brute force.
>>
>>385898531
I played a Charr Engineer and had this exact fucking choice, so I feel your pain.

You know what I did? I picked Priory, grinded to level 53, and then quite the game and never picked it back up because I couldn't take it anymore.

I'm sure you can find some advice in that somewhere.
>>
>>385898826
Be lucky colin isn't the lead creative dev anymore, He okayed the abomination that was living story season 1
>>
File: Angel.jpg (148KB, 659x639px) Image search: [Google]
Angel.jpg
148KB, 659x639px
>>385898826
The head lore "master" was a failed dnd novel author who think being progressive is the best thing ever. No, she hasn't quit.

>>385899091
>>385898531
Those choice doesn't mean jack shit in the long run. Your character will become irrelevant, your warband forgotten, and your Charr, a god hater, will bow down to the Pale Tree, a "god" of the sylvari.
>>
>>385899091
Priory's not so great huh?
>>
>>385898531
The only correct option is the option with the order armor that you like the most.

>>385898757
Shut the fuck up, shill.
>>
File: 1451783819098.png (32KB, 215x280px) Image search: [Google]
1451783819098.png
32KB, 215x280px
>>385898983
>>
>>385899182

You aren't even the main character in this shit story.
>>
>>385888896
advertisers don't even bother hiding it anymore

jesus fucking christ I'm tired of this
>>
>>385897674
Its sad that to get into the industry on the technical side (art/ programming) you need real credentials/ skills, but for writing and for a lot of the design elements, this just doesn't exist. I look at some of the people that are hired in these positions and I have no idea how they get vetted in the first place. Its crazy how good art has gotten but game design (especially in AAA titles) has been stagnant for over a decade.
>>
>>385899185
they're all shit
it all goes out the window pretty quickly so there is no reason to spend any time worrying about it
>>
File: 1501505953747.gif (2MB, 259x216px) Image search: [Google]
1501505953747.gif
2MB, 259x216px
>>385888896
>No new races
>no new class
>developers promised that whenever a new expansion released you'd only need to buy said expansion to get access to all content
>HoT doesn't come with it
FUCK YOU ANET
>>
>>385899473
they're accusing other people of being shills now >>385899265
it's pathetic

>>385888896
you're just starved for content and excited anet is finally releasing some, this might be good for the stockholm syndrome playerbase but its more of the same shit. if you didnt like things then, you wont now.
>>
File: look how important are you.png (145KB, 988x703px) Image search: [Google]
look how important are you.png
145KB, 988x703px
>>385899384
Yes. You're essentially doing Trahearne's wild hunt for him and he was trying to say it was more important than killing the elder dragon. Then again, Angel McCoy circlejerk her plant race so much she disregard your character. What is sad is that you got players that think this was the right way to pay a file and rank soldier/nothero character, which isn't when you're doing all the work anyways.
>>
So can you rebind your skills yet, or are you still locked to the hotkey layout they're forcing?
>>
>>385899512
How do I get these jobs? I'm a liberal arts major with no real experience, do I just... apply and get in?

What the fuck?

And I'm pretty sure I could do a much better job than these people, I've at least run several tabletop roleplaying games without it being cringy or retarded.
>>
>No new races
>No new classes
>Story is bland
>Hearts are still a thing
>Forcing people to buy the expansion in order to be relevant in PVP in a PVP game
>Killing off WvW even after fixing the shit show that was launch day
>No guild wars in guildwars
>>
>>385899561
it does seem like a pretty shallow expansion, far shallower than even HoT, which itself was pretty shallow
>>
>>385888896
These fucking obvious shill threads are getting out of control, where are the mods?
>>
>balthazar is now a bad guy
arenanet why do you haunt me to this day
>>
File: how about fuck you.png (109KB, 285x284px) Image search: [Google]
how about fuck you.png
109KB, 285x284px
>>385897963
>but needs us to have the whole fucking set for that new class in our inventory
What the fuck?
>>
Can I just skip HoT? I stopped playing like 8 hours in because the entire concept of it was fucking terrible
>>
Some people in this thread still play GW2 Lmaaaaooooooo fuckin trash game
>>
>>385899723
I gave up on the story about halfway through
only played the maps long enough to get the useful masteries
I've yet to be hampered by not finishing it
>>
>>385899630
I think most of it is filled through nepotism probably.
>>
File: 1501534745234.jpg (65KB, 624x391px) Image search: [Google]
1501534745234.jpg
65KB, 624x391px
Man there is always a lot of hate in these threads. I guess the community is more outspoken then others.
>>
>>385898142
what do you gain from posting lies?
>>
File: 1445509133684.jpg (101KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1445509133684.jpg
101KB, 500x500px
>>385898623
The only correct Crystal Desert storyline would have involved Palawa Joko.

>Joko chillin' out, relaxin' in his Palace of Bone, raising his army up and down the Elon
>Kralk shows up and musses the undead king's front lawn
>Joko kills Kralk off-screen for being a dick to the northern fringe of his empire (he would have tried to strike a deal with the dragon, but dragons only want to destroy random shit for no real reason)
>dragon jobs off-screen to set-up the true (affable) terror of the Crystal Desert (who may or may not now feel like expanding his territory into lands he has never really seen before--I mean, c'mon, it's just right there; just follow the river north).

This expac's plot is more fucked than the gameplay.
>>
>>385899816
Maybe because the game is trash and this expansion won't fix a single problem the game has?
>>
File: ha ha ha fuck you.gif (1MB, 329x294px) Image search: [Google]
ha ha ha fuck you.gif
1MB, 329x294px
>>385892797
>they nerf grenades because they dealt too much damage on pvp
>except it also nerfed the pve damage
Thanks for reminding my, I ain't touching this garbage.
>>
>>385899602
>Well, we don't want to praise the commander or make them feel special, but we will make them do all of the work and let a bunch of literally who's steal the credit for it

I hope the next burger Angel shovels into her mouth makes her choke.
>>
>>385889747

Because even if it goes back to guild wars 1 areas it doesn't change the fact that the game got rid of everything that made the original good and unique, I haven't played it in a long time, but it had one of the worse combat systems I've ever played in an MMO. It was a shitty sequel and a slap in the face to every person who played Guild Wars 1 earnestly.
>>
File: 1391999218790.jpg (168KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1391999218790.jpg
168KB, 1280x720px
First time player here. What professions should I pick up for Mesmer?
>>
File: sjw.jpg (184KB, 1352x983px) Image search: [Google]
sjw.jpg
184KB, 1352x983px
>>385899815
>>385899630
>>385899512
I notice a common theme about these people. I want to say there is a "secret" hiring agency that hired only these kinds of people
>>
>>385900000
As someone who worked at a tech company, its more that they are desperate to get women and the like into their ranks to avoid being part of some crusade by the very vocal SJW audience.

I've seen company wide emails go out asking for anyone who knows a female coder to ask them to apply and even if they are a beginning level coder that training will be provided on-site.
>>
File: 1501345441462.jpg (15KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1501345441462.jpg
15KB, 480x480px
>>385900000
>quints predict gaming SJW crash
What did God meant by this?
>>
File: gw2 tranny.jpg (723KB, 607x1831px) Image search: [Google]
gw2 tranny.jpg
723KB, 607x1831px
>>385888896
do not buy or support guild wars 2. the game is literally made by trannies.
>>
>>385900000
Quints of truth.

Also, I guess I could just go undercover as a faggot and see if I can't fix this shit from the inside? Has anyone tried that?

How can you say you love Guild Wars if you won't even go undercover as a faggot to personally save the story of its sequel?
>>
>>385899960
how much of a self important faggot do you have to be to assume you speak for every GW1 player? fuck off and kys
>>
File: whats a woman.jpg (17KB, 240x300px) Image search: [Google]
whats a woman.jpg
17KB, 240x300px
>>385900216
>lesbian trans woman
wtf
>>
>>385900076
>very vocal SJW audience
they don't even play video games
they just look for click bait headlines about sexism and lack of diversity to know which studios to target with their faggoty slacktivism
>>
Are all the original characters other that the Charr still written out of the story because they don't want to pay their voice actors a bunch of money? Zojja was the only good character in the entire game even though she was voiced by Felicia Day
>>
>>385900304
Here is it new form

>>385898495
>>
>>385891884
That's not true, you can glide in PoF if you have the HoT masteries.

Still, it's 50 bucks if you want to buy both HoT and PoF, the core game is free now.
>>
>>385900334
That's why games created by them are always walking simulators and/or trash. It's not about getting "gamers" involved. They are just really noisy and if they crusade against a company its bad PR with their target audience of college kids since college campuses are where this stuff festers the most.
>>
>>385900216
>A fake wedding that no one turned up to

Does it get any more pathetic than this?
>>
>>385892797
What are you doing nig. I played the past months with turret engi, flamethrower that stacks quickness and rifle elixir hybrid and never once was kicked. YOu must be a full blown retarded asshole that insults every motherfcuker in the party to get kicked or you are joining farming maps that often explicitly state that they want meta builds because they ar FARMING maps
>>
File: 1465754937793.gif (1MB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1465754937793.gif
1MB, 625x626px
>>385889747
>rideable mounts
>>
>>385896084
Thief is mediocre in 5v5 PvP and only functions as a roamer (read: useless) in WvW.

The only aspect it's "god tier" at is PvE DPS, and it gets beaten at that by Elementalist.
>>
>>385900298

Sure there might be some people who enjoy it, but ever since it was first released tons of fans of the original have given it shit, it's a disappointing sequel to GW1 in just about every way.
>>
>>385900424
Have you seen his new twitter?
https://twitter.com/paschblue
>>
to make sure I understand correctly, this expansion is 5 maps, 1 new weapon for each class, mounts, and more quality anet storytelling?

this should barely qualify as DLC
pretty ballsy to call this an expansion
>>
>>385900685
They're probably going to roll out more maps with "Living World" updates, the same way they did with HoT, which has around 10 maps now.
>>
>>385900648
>all these ff14 post
>only one GW 2 post
>>
>>385900685
at the very least they tried to reflect the price with how much content it has

still $20 too much
>>
File: 1422166746078.jpg (36KB, 419x604px) Image search: [Google]
1422166746078.jpg
36KB, 419x604px
>>385892797
This issue stems from how GW2 is so shallow and homogenized that it only ever needed 4 classes at absolute most.
>>
>>385897674
>talented art and zone designers
hot maps are the most convoluted shit in any game.
The art is all over the fucking place. You have sunglasses on heavy armor. Skintight heavy armor etc. You are full og shit
>>
>>385899961
>>385899961
>>385899961
>>385899961
Anybody?
>>
i get so fucking pissed off at the skill balance team.

there is no fucking build diversity, you have to pay "the meta build" with the "meta" classes or dont get to play at all. For years in WvW i've been told i can only play a guardian or an elementalist because thats what they need and thats the meta.

I love my engineer but its balance is shit, poor defenses, no stability, no team support. My skills only carry me so far. Then they introduced heart of thorns, fuck that expansion. it was nothing but a disappointment

the story sucked, chunks of it felt like it went missing, class balance was even more fucked. Devs still cant fucking balance a 5 year old game.

Then WvW got fucked the population rebalance was fucking shit, the new map they added was too fucking huge. it feels like every time they decide to change something they break other shit.

i wanted to buy this new expansion but now i dont think i want Anet to have my sheckles. even the jews would call these worthless fucks greedy.
>>
>>385900532
You've got things the wrong way around
>Tons of people enjoy it
>Some fans of the original have given it shit

I was disappointed that it wasn't GW1 2.0, but it's a very enjoyable game in its own way.
>>
>>385898983
They already did this. Balth was masquerading as a mursaat before. Apparently he mad because the other gods took most of his god-power and left him behind in tyria when they fucked off.
>>
File: gay game.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
gay game.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
>>385900216
>FFXIV

And people fucking ask me why I will never play that shit game.

GW2 doesn't even have that cancerous of a community compared to FFXIV... but probably because of lack there-of.

>hop on FFXIV for the first time
>literally noob zone guy wants to help me
>meet another player wants to hop in the party and help me
>all super DUPER friendly like a bunch of fucking losers
>using cat face emotes the whole time
>trying to get into my personal life, asking for steam and what fucking music i like
>they talk about anime in the group chat for like 1 hours
>bring in 2 other players into the group
>"hey guys >:3 just met these two players, the low level is just starting up!"
>"You should play with us when you reach our level, Anon ^.^, WE'LL HELP YOU GET THERE TOO XD
>instantly log off and leave

They can't even make good machinima
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BxyODRq3n0

Fucking cancer.
>>
>>385899961
You'll unlock them all in time anyway, but start with Dueling as it helps you increase your damage early on.

Remember to upgrade your weapon now and then, armour is less important but the base damage increase from having a higher level/rarity weapon is important.
>>
File: cox.jpg (94KB, 573x833px) Image search: [Google]
cox.jpg
94KB, 573x833px
>>385900869
Do you expect less from an Nexon employee?
>>
>>385900832
if you're talking about crafting, don't bother
you're better off just collecting mats to sell on the tp and buying what you need
>>
>>385900532
great, now join them and fuck off with your unoriginal comments
>>
>>385900965
I meant profession like crafting
>>
>>385900967
oh fuck nexon, i played Mabinogi, took them fucking years to do fix its problems and its still a shit show.

loved that game until it went all "pay to win"

and fuck the convoluted mess that is their stats and rebirthing system. fuck that game.
>>
>>385900774
>the worst parts of GW2 are from FF14
pottery
>>
Has arenanet ever said why it won't just rip skills from gw1 and port them into gw2? Even the shitshow that is gw1 balance today would be fine as long as it's not restricted to fucking weapon skills.
>>
>>385900940

The mechanics of the game just make me sick.

>hey I heard you like leveling up shit
>uh sure
>HAVE FUN DOING IT 6 FUCKING TIMES TO GET ALL THE CROSS SKILLS YOU NEED

Fuck you, who thought this was fun?
>>
>>385900532
The catch is that I treat it as a different game and I genuinely enjoy GW 2 launch. What pisses me off was how much pandering the sylvari had. And then the Living Story happen, which made the game worse. They should have just wait and find a Zojja's va replacement instead of rushing "update" run by horrible developers
>>
>>385901168
There are no cross skills anymore, they're role skills so you only have to level one job, they removed the requirement to level other classes to unlock your job too.
>>
I bought GW2 on release and played for a month.

Why should I come back to this game instead of resubbing to WoW
>>
>>385901168
they fixed it now, you get them from the start. you just levelk your one singular Role now.
>>
>>385900940
Jesus christ fucking hang yourself.
>>
>>385888896
So if someone who played the first month of the game quit, then came back after all this time, are they gonna get anything cool?
>>
File: Izzy.png (96KB, 287x416px) Image search: [Google]
Izzy.png
96KB, 287x416px
>>385901140
Remember Izzy from GW1? Yeah. He in charge now.
>>
>>385901247
you get punished for having your account that inactive
>>
>>385901247
>>385901230
Literally play anything else at this point. GW 2 is being a shitshow right now with their overpriced dlc.
>>
>>385901267
Still waiting on that paragon update, you fucking fat prick.
>>
insta max level? if not ill pass cant stand leveling
>>
>>385901230
you honestly shouldn't do either
mmos are a dead genre
companies can make ten times more money from shitty phone/facebook games
>>
>>385901364
Nigga, you think leveling to the max is the end? You going to have to grind for the mastery and it take three times to level up that compare to leveling to 80
>>
>NA and EU still can't play together

What is this archaic shit?
>>
>>385901140
>port them into gw2
GW2 has been skinned to the bone. It's just damage or being invulnerable for the most part. There are too many mechanics and subtle layering interactions between skills that wouldn't translate from GW1 to GW2. It'd also be really jarring and un-fun to implement interesting mechanics like what can be seen in some of the enchantments, hexes and stances because of how there are no mechanics in GW2 that players can universally use to counteract or complement such GW1 mechanics.
>>
>>385901232
>>385901223

Holy shit.
>>
Will this save MMORPG?
>>
>>385901501
Yeah I know right? Devs actually listening to their casual audience for once. I wish they hadn't cause now they've casualized rotations for most jobs, some have gotten fucking worse though and I mean 400% if you don't study the rotation you fucking lose all your dps, dragoon and bard come to mind at the moment.
>>
You're in fractal 100CM, this guy joins and slaps your waifu's ass. What do?
>>
File: 2009.png (72KB, 1219x554px) Image search: [Google]
2009.png
72KB, 1219x554px
>>385901352
He stop doing GW1 update right around 2009 ... which was the same time when the skill update gotten better during the Guild Wars Beyond storyline.
>>
>>385889389
/thread
MMOniggers are beyond stupid.
>>
>no kodan playable race

IM NOT COMING BACK
>>
>think the plant people are cool
>everyone hates them because they're the dev's waifu race

feels bad man
>>
File: gw017.jpg (473KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gw017.jpg
473KB, 1920x1080px
How's my Revenant? Anything I should change?

P.S. Does Revenant suck?
>>
>>385901825
>no Kodan
>no centaurs
>no Naga
>still no FUCKING TENGU
they probably wouldn't bring me back with just Tengu but it would be a start
>>
>>385901527
no
you could round up all the best and brightest from all the studios and have them work together to create the ultimate mmo and it still would barely scrape by in the current gaming climate
>>
>>385901446
They can talk, they can trade, they can be in the same guild together, it's already much more interaction than your average MMO.
Don't need fucking NA drama on EU anyway.
>>
>>385901594
Bard doesn't have a rotation, it's all priority based
>>
>>385901613
kick him from party for not doing enough DPS to my waifu's ass.
>>
>>385888896
put down the gun shilly
>>
>>385901886
Garbage.
Everything.
Yes.
>>
File: mounts.webm (3MB, 602x496px) Image search: [Google]
mounts.webm
3MB, 602x496px
>>
File: goku.jpg (252KB, 967x715px) Image search: [Google]
goku.jpg
252KB, 967x715px
>>385901894
I will come back if these condition are met
>Angel McCoy get fired
>Teddy the man that role play as a girl get fired or kill himself because he cut off his own dick
>Destiny Orphan are gone/dead
>Everything related to Scarlet is remove, or at least, remove her from the Asura Fractal
>>
File: tonightyou.png (196KB, 559x434px) Image search: [Google]
tonightyou.png
196KB, 559x434px
>mfw ff14sourgrapesfags literally cannot leave gw2 alone

Every time GW2 is in the news you shitlords come and leave your shit opinions everywhere.
>>
>>385901832
Everyone thought that until Trehearne showed up
>>
>>385893970
5 new zones initially has me excited, horizontal progression and all that...

But PvE content in GW2 isn't even that good, I don't get excited for doing "Dynamic events" that replaced classic quests and dungeons were abandoned.

As long as content is instanced for each guild, I'm okay with it.
Obviously all the PvP people have quit the game after their complaints were never addressed so no expectations there.

>>385901894
I hope one of the 5 new zones is the walled off Tengu area.
>>
>>385902048
Looks really well animationed but that sliding movement will be annoying as fuck after a while
>>
>>385902075
fuck off shill
>>
>>385902075
how about you walk a mile out of this thread with a bag of dicks up your ass fanboy.
>>
File: ERP logs.jpg (44KB, 276x298px) Image search: [Google]
ERP logs.jpg
44KB, 276x298px
>>385902048
The mount animations are pretty damn great.
>>
>>385902108
>PvP people

>selling your game as the next big esport
>the whole reason we only have weaponskills and no fully customizable bar
>don't listen to your pvp players

??????????????????????
>>
>>385902075
>GW2fag pretending that FF14fags care about their dead game

t. WoWfag who is happy to see fans of other MMOs being dissapointed
>>
>>385890037
>the new character customizations is only nigger shit for humans

I already made a dindu asura, my body is read to make a kang. Gotta get in early before all the good kang names are taken.
>>
>>385902058
>>Teddy the man that role play as a girl get fired or kill himself because he cut off his own dick
I meant that'll probably happen in the next year. He does own a gun, after all.
>>
File: grapes[1].gif (10KB, 640x918px) Image search: [Google]
grapes[1].gif
10KB, 640x918px
>>385902164
>>385902158
>WAAAAA HE DOESN'T HAVE THE SAME OPINION AS ME
>>
Only complaint I have with GW2 these days is the fucking dialog. The voice acting is super phoned in, and the dialog is straight cringe with how witty all the characters try to talk. Always some smart ass quip, every character think they're Tyrion Lannister
>>
>>385902241
But Legion is great
>>
>>385888896
>>only $29.99
TOPKEK, not falling for that again
>>
File: 904u1ciz0kzy.jpg (335KB, 1037x2000px) Image search: [Google]
904u1ciz0kzy.jpg
335KB, 1037x2000px
>>385902108
we already know where the five zones are
>>
>>385902048
>make mounts for a game that doesn't even need them
>base a whole expansion around them
they must be desperate as fuck
might be their last hail mary before ncsoft shuts them down
>>
>>385902279
same could be said of you cunt.
>>
>>385902241
>GW2 has stable fanbase for years
>FF14 has stable fanbase for years
>WoW player numbers are literally plummeting

????????????????????????????
>>
File: 1501351801763.jpg (378KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1501351801763.jpg
378KB, 700x700px
>>385896871
>my first mmo since wow bc
>bought HoT a month ago for $20 and started playing
>enjoying the game while ignoring the gem shop
>>
>>385902376
>WoW playerbase sinks after each small xpac bump
>Still has 10x the playerbase of every other MMO
>>
>>385901886
>nigger
good bait
>>
>>385902232

Anet tried pandering to the pros. Now the pros have given up and are just selling themselves to boost people in ranked.
>>
>>385902320
So we're going to start in the north and work our way to the Desolation?

But then it wouldn't make sense to have Kralkatorrik's landing spot in the first map.
>>
>>385902335
The game didn't need gliding either, and you won't find anyone complaining, it's been the best addition to the game.
>>
File: CRITTER RAMPAGE.png (572KB, 750x467px) Image search: [Google]
CRITTER RAMPAGE.png
572KB, 750x467px
>>385902464
And they got permabanned from ranked play for it. Good riddance.
>>
>>385902464
>Only in NA
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/pvp/NA-July-Monthly-Tournament-Investigation/first
Kek
>>
>>385902430
thats nice that you paid the actual value of the expansion

meanwhile everyone else had to shell out $60
>>
>>385902472
Gliding is the best movement style. Gliding in Archeage is so fucking good I wish every MMO had it.
>tfw I'll never go hunt for tree farms to steal and pillage with my friends again.
>>
>>385902573
>angry that the price of a game is cheaper now than when it launched

Gee, anon. That sure sucks. I mean when does the prices of games ever go down?
>>
>>385902335
It makes truckloads of money, why would NCSoft shut them down?
>>
>>385902525
The Super Adventure Box was one of the greatest flukes I've ever seen in a video game. The GW2 team actually managed to create something that was legitimately fun, well designed and challenging.
>>
>>385901613
Wonder what the fuck I'm doing in the same shit content that has barely changed since its introduction in 2012. Alternatively, my giant futa waifu puts him in a wall and we go off and do the fractal ourselves.
>>
>>385902636
>Literally gave the game away for free and told all the people who bought it beforehand to fuck off

Gee it's like you're an asshole or something anon.
>>
>>385902525
>>385902557

I can't believe there were people that were willing to pay these people $400 just so they can get some shitty cosmetic from the ranked tournaments. It's even more baffling there are people defending the account sharing too.
>>
>>385902573
How she goes, bud.
>>
>>385902465
they're extending the Dragonbrand down to Vabbi
>>
>>385902693
Didn't have time to play it this year, was the world 3 Tribulation Mode good?
>>
>Guild Wars 2
>good
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>385902746
World 3 actually got a tribulation mode? I thought only the first two worlds had it.
>>
>>385902472
gliding actually made sense with the original idea of multi-tiered biomes before everything got rushed and shipped half-ass in HoT

this is literally like they started with the idea of adding mounts and then tried to figure out a reason for it after the fact
>we'll just make the maps big, empty wastelands that only have two waypoints
>>
>>385902573
>Waaah an MMO without a subscription fee asks a day's worth of burger flipping for their expansion set

Other MMO's charge you 60 bucks AND jew you for a subscription fee nonstop.
>>
File: gw003.jpg (413KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gw003.jpg
413KB, 1920x1080px
>Crystal Desert

Why?

It was easily one of the most blandest parts of the GW1 Prophecies campaign.

Nothing but miles of desert
>>
File: 1496847541828.jpg (38KB, 480x647px) Image search: [Google]
1496847541828.jpg
38KB, 480x647px
Lets say I havent played Gw2 in 2 years.
Just will it be worth goin into it now or have I missed to much shit? living story ect
>>
>>385902461
>He doesn't like brown amazons

Fag much?
>>
>>385902693
And then someone got piss that it was taking all the attention from the Living Story season 1, the person in charge got in trouble for INTERACTING with the playerbase, and it was in hiatus for many years. It was around the same time that they want to promote the school uniform with SAB but didn't because the sjw bitch about how sexist it was.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/School_Uniform
>>
Why the fuck was Balthazar using Mesmer powers? Isn't he suppose to be the patron saint of warriors and dervishes and shit?
>>
>>385902819
but Stormblood is only $40 and it comes with the previous expansion
>>
>>385902824
That moment where you defeated your doppelganger and ascended made it all worthwhile though.
>>
>>385902714
>pay to play MMOs going free to play is a new thing

Did you expect a fucking refund or something? Idiot petulant child
>>
File: 1258361396647.gif (666KB, 320x192px) Image search: [Google]
1258361396647.gif
666KB, 320x192px
>>385902048
>uses mount to leap across a gap
>>385896041
I. FUCKING. TOLD. YOU.
>>
File: 1501446400347.png (21KB, 99x133px) Image search: [Google]
1501446400347.png
21KB, 99x133px
Is this personal story shit worth paying attention to at all?
>>
>>385902829
depending on your reason for leaving, probably not worth it
>>
>>385900442
so now i don't know who to believe

i started playing gw2 again with a friend, he's engineer and i am elementalist

i don't want him to get kicked out of stuff, so my question'd be if engineer REALLY is too shitty or if just the top 1% of ultra tryhards give a shit?
>>
>>385888896
Is PvP combat still weightless and spammy shit?
>>
>>385902654
last earnings report only had them above wildstar and getting beaten by fucking aion if I remember correctly
>>
AHAHAHAHAHA all the wowfags and ff14degenerates in complete panic and on suicide watch gw2 expansion will crush wow and ff14!!
better come over to our game since yours will be irrelevant in less than 2 months lads.
>>
>>385902884
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zoDp6rK9V0
They're all movement tools.
>>
>>385902837

kys footfag
>>
File: Mary Sue Treehorn.jpg (169KB, 1411x802px) Image search: [Google]
Mary Sue Treehorn.jpg
169KB, 1411x802px
>>385902903
The only good story are any charr or asura story up until level 30. Your story get hijack by a mary sue afterward.
>>
>>385902847
>Dumb trannies, faggots and hamburger muncher Angel McCoy ruin everything again

If people were more hyped about the Super Adventure Box than Season 1, then wouldn't the solution be to make Season 1 actually fun instead of a shitty dialogue dump with the Salad Sue?
>>
>>385902950
But now with more 300% more knee-jerk, twitchy, reactive play!
>>
File: tumblr_odxd23rSUe1ts1t0zo1_1280.jpg (109KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odxd23rSUe1ts1t0zo1_1280.jpg
109KB, 576x1024px
>>385900648
guess where from
tumblr
>>
>>385902882
How dare you speak to me.
>>
>>385903010
I'm human so I guess not then?
>>
>>385888896
>no change in the no-holy-trinity problem
>no change in cringy dialogue and characters
>no change in terrible story
>mounts are just movement gimmick
>only 5 new zones
>story butchers GW1 lore, balthazaar is written badly
>there aren't new classes, just specializations
>HoT isn't included but if you don't play HoT/S3, the story doesn't make any sense

I could go on but i have a breakfast to make
>>
>>385902075
More like the GW2 devs can't leave FF14 alone.
>>
File: 424234256.gif (76KB, 417x417px) Image search: [Google]
424234256.gif
76KB, 417x417px
What jobs are interesting for an Asuran necromancer?
>>
>>385888896
lmao no
>>
File: 1501035076316.png (195KB, 623x979px) Image search: [Google]
1501035076316.png
195KB, 623x979px
>>385902048
Wow nice animation but does that fix
>HoT not coming bundled with this exp
>no new race
>no new class
>shitty ragtag lesbians instead of Destiny's edge
>>
File: 1272930677027.jpg (552KB, 1486x883px) Image search: [Google]
1272930677027.jpg
552KB, 1486x883px
>>385902993
Keys to time-gate/grind walls masquerading as movement tools. The only reason that anet would add some superfluous shit marketed as must-have items or abilities is because they, in fact, are must-have to progress. It's just more artificial bloat made to obfuscate the game's lack of content.
>>
>>385888896
The GW2 engine is shit. It's too cpu demanding and doesn't use the gpu as it should.

Also GW2 looks always like shit. I played the game in 4k and it just looks shit anyway. Just play Witcher 3 in 4k and GW2 in 4k and you will notice what I mean.

But the biggest problem with GW2 is, that it is a time sink. You must have too much free time to play it. You can sink in thousands of hours easily for pretty much nothing.

Also remember the radical sjw terrorists who are not influencing the game. I wouldn't even play the game if you pay me to do it.

The only and I mean ONLY reason to play the game is for the waifus. But Black Desert online has better waifus, so why don't you play the better game tbw.

Oh and one more problem with GW2: The maps are all shit. 99 % of the map is just a filler you want want to visit again. Sure the map looks great, but pretty much everything feels like a filler, which doesn't contribute anything to your gameplay experience.
>>
>>385898062
You don't need 5 wars in a team and pretty much nobody else except guards could bring really useful stuff for the team. You need 2 wars at best, 1 is optimal as a bannerwhore. Not only necros had probably the best dps out there (except for elems abusing fire greatsword), but they were extremely easy and safe to use.
>>
>>385903030
hey is that this nguyen tranny?
>>
>>385903054
Poor human is boring
Well off human is boring
Rich human is boring
>>
File: GW2 dev.jpg (547KB, 892x2725px) Image search: [Google]
GW2 dev.jpg
547KB, 892x2725px
>>385888896
I will leave this here
>>
Are mesmers still garbage? And chronomancers the support bitch of everybody?
Convince me to come back after months of inactivity to play this garbage. Did they fuck up the balance even more? Is PVP and WvW super dead still?
>>
>>385903173
guess what

they're another mastery grind
>>
>>385903158
>no new race
tengus never
>no new class
after the disaster that was revenant im kinda glad they didnt add a new one
>>
>>385903183
>The GW2 engine is shit. It's too cpu demanding and doesn't use the gpu as it should.

Remember when sourcefags where creaming themselves over this and calling it a good feature?
>>
>>385903158
hot IS bundled with the new expansion though
>>
>>385903183
>new game looks better than 5 year old MMO

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
File: tumblr_nnfllzUstv1ts1t0zo1_540.jpg (49KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnfllzUstv1ts1t0zo1_540.jpg
49KB, 540x720px
>>385903223
yes
https://paschblue.tumblr.com/post/148531570570/i-went-blonde-also-got-a-new-dress-d-i-like
>>
>>385900806
He's probably talking purely about the graffix. Not layout or placement or armour designs. That probably wouldn't fall to the artists most of the time
>>
>>385903284
>I'm GLAD to only get another mastery grind with this expansion!
>Less content is actually a good thing
>>
>>385903236
>Gw2 is so bad this thing doesn't even want to play it

lmao
>>
File: 2017-08-02.jpg (97KB, 504x398px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-02.jpg
97KB, 504x398px
>>385903306
>>
>>385903310
>armor designs wouldn't fall to artists
were you dropped on your head as a child
>>
>>385903301
It isn't.

>Looking for Heart of Thorns?
>You can add it during checkout and purchase both expansions together.
>>
>>385902882
>fucking refund
Discount or fuck off. They also promised that every expansion would bring the ENTIRE game worth of content with it, they fucking lied.

I don't like being made a fool by the developers, fuck off.
>>
File: 1501351721914.png (43KB, 951x408px) Image search: [Google]
1501351721914.png
43KB, 951x408px
>>385903236
They are literally stealing FF14 raid
>>
Halo 3 was a fucking labor of love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Di0-PBiqU
>>
>sjws developers pushing their agenda every chance they get

no really tell me why i would play this trash
>>
File: aion.jpg (116KB, 1047x877px) Image search: [Google]
aion.jpg
116KB, 1047x877px
>>385902953
I wonder why.
>>
>>385903426
Thats the one thing I hated stormblood for, they literally padded the game out with sidequests, the main scenario and dungeons aren't enough compared to what we had on release. Heavensward had the same issue. Swimming is fucking useless and only used for gathering.
>>
>>385902824
It was the first real difficulty spike for many people, that alone made it memorable.
>>
File: 1343169726554.jpg (225KB, 1024x1542px) Image search: [Google]
1343169726554.jpg
225KB, 1024x1542px
>>385903242
You're telling me something I already knew, but somehow I know that nobody else knows and certainly doesn't want to hear. Even if they hear it, they'll just say
>oh, but masteries are good/fine
>they add a new dimension to progression
>they're interesting and give us something to do in new zones
>they're not just extra levels
The people who regularly and genuinely support this game are lower scum than the trash that produces it.
>>
>mfw the entire "expansion" is just collecting 400 more skill points to unlock a fucking weapon and spending 200 hours unlocking and "mastering" mounts, which are inferior in every way to the current combo of waypoints and gliding
>>
File: 5126962205_3d138710db.jpg (135KB, 335x500px) Image search: [Google]
5126962205_3d138710db.jpg
135KB, 335x500px
>>385903017
The fat bitch was in charge of Living Story 1, so no.
>>
File: 1497358286167.jpg (110KB, 577x459px) Image search: [Google]
1497358286167.jpg
110KB, 577x459px
>>385902953
>losing to aion
Holy shit
>>385903501
what's that anon?
>>
>>385900216
How insecure do you need to be to care about trannies. My problem is how bad the gameplay is. Cash shop is shitty too.
>>
>>385903581
Koreans are bigger Jews than the Jews if it involves other Koreans and especially if it involves the Chinese.
>>
>>385903562

What if there's hardly any waypoint in the new maps? I'd prefer it that way.
>>
>>385903449
They already stole a shitton of Wildstar mechanics.
>>
>>385888896
>5 new zones
I'd say that's a minimum for an expac. They said these will be the largest zones of the game but I doubt they will be full of interesting events, especially since we're...
>Going back to the Crystal Desert and Elona from GW: Nightfall
We already saw most of the Prophecies' world, and except some thrown bones from time to time, like the single point of interest in Lion's Arch, the game is mostly unrecognizable from GW1. And it's maybe for the best: seeing these is a reminder of the wasted potential of the game.
>Story is focused on GW1 lore (Balthazaar)
Yes, and the Human God is the villain. While the Sylvari, which are literally servants of an Elder Dragon of destruction, dindu nofin'.
>new classes
Nope, no new class. Only one new specialization for every clasd, which means they'll be able to use one more weapon and 5 new skills. Woop-ti-doo-wah.
>rideable mounts
If they don't reduce the number of teleportation points on the non-expansion maps, I'm not sure I see the point in using them. Which certainly means it will be an expansion-gimmick only. Why not, but I don't think the introduction of mounts was a necessity while the current game system encourages exploring (rather than sprinting through the maps).
>only $29.99
Fair price for the content I guess? It reminds me of how much I had to pay the last one + base game though, where Anet decided to make the base game free without rewarding the faithful who paid their shit game at first.
>Here, have a free character slot we wouldn't have given you if there wasn't an uproar, only if you buy the new expac full price :))))
Well fuck you
>>
>>385903383
>Picture that isn't the best optimal angle to hide male features
>Instantly hideous

He was ugly in his twitter profile pic but this is next level.
>>
File: image.jpg (127KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127KB, 1024x576px
>PvP was a mess but fun
>HoT ruined it

Elite specializations being blatant upgrades rather than alternative builds (engineer/scrapper being the only exception) was a dumb decision.

Then instead of toning down the overloaded kits of some elite specs, they just started removing stats variation and further pidgeonholing viable builds.

They clearly had no idea of what they were doing and that probably won't change with the new expansion.
>>
>>385903631
people will flip their shit if there's not many waypoints, even with mounts
>>
>>385901950
EU has drama desu they're just more passive aggressive and beta, it helps that they can barely talk to each other though, that would prevent quite a bit of potential drama :)
>>
>>385903697

Spoiled brats.
>>
>>385903694
Not all rangers run druid either. And in WvW people still play core guardian.
>>
>>385903571
Just look at the emptiness behind her piggy eyes. You can just tell underneath that fat that she's never had an interesting thought or idea in her entire life. The steampunk wear just further solidifies this.
>>
File: atlast.jpg (142KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
atlast.jpg
142KB, 1000x1000px
>>385888896
>adding mounts
finally
>>
>>385903581
Aion's subscription model in Asia, same thing with Lineage 1 and 2 and any other gook MMO, hell even Guild Wars 1 was subscription based in Asia if I remember correctly, they're the true whales keeping all these dead games afloat.
>>
>>385903449
One of the fractals is literally a watered down version of T9

https://youtu.be/K_lnPoQNu7w?t=9m15s
>>
File: PROGRESS.webm (427KB, 300x249px) Image search: [Google]
PROGRESS.webm
427KB, 300x249px
>>385903615
Different anon. These trannies and sjw spend more time making stories about their fanfic that they ignore what a normal mmo need: skill balance, content update, pvp update, literally anything that runs the game. It even worse when their shit invaded and ruin WvWvW with their pve living story crap. To them, spreading their agenda is more important than Quality of Life update because that is where they put most of their effort on.
>>
>>385888896
Is there rated arena in GW2?
>>
File: Bolt Ironfag.png (527KB, 427x605px) Image search: [Google]
Bolt Ironfag.png
527KB, 427x605px
>>385903730
>NA /vg/ guild
>>
>>385903738
>"Buy my product"
>"We don't like what you did with it"
>"Lol entitled pissbaby mantoddlers, how dare you want things from me just because you're paying"
>>
>>385903738
it's the future Anet chose
>>
File: 4189028_orig.jpg (97KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
4189028_orig.jpg
97KB, 620x413px
>No horses.
>>
File: 1497346113695.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1497346113695.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>finally decide to play F14 because I need something to fill the MMO void
>they fucking DOUBLED the price for south american players and move the servers to even further north
Why are MMO developers ALWAYS insufferable assholes?
>>
I want to hug a femsura wife.
>>
>>385903881
didn't they actually move the servers further south but also further west?
>>
>>385903881
>being south american
>>
>>385903786
Tempest is the best dang song in FF14 and no one can tell me otherwise
>>
>>385903653
>praising GW1 and shitting on GW2 because muh lore
May I remind you why Elona went to shit in GW1?
>>
It's a shame GW2 threads will never actually amount to any legitimate criticism of the game because it devolves instantly into a circlejerk about REEEEEEEEEEEEE LE SJWS REEEEEEEE FUCKING TRANS REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1496491362907.png (1MB, 1280x926px) Image search: [Google]
1496491362907.png
1MB, 1280x926px
>>385903934
>lel you were born in a shithole suck it scrub
Yes yes next time I create my character before being born I'll pick another area, probably another planer because this fucking rock sucks.
>>
>>385903881
You were literally getting subscriptions for half the price of everyone else around the world, fucking neck yourself.
>>
File: 4252622342.jpg (988KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4252622342.jpg
988KB, 1920x1080px
>There are still a shit ton of people still playing GW1

Jesus Christ
>>
>>385903827
Amazing.
>>
>no new classes

While the elite specs from HoT were pretty much straight upgrades, a lot more effort was clearly put into the new specs this time around. Almost every elite spec with their new weapon plays like an entirely new class anyway
>>
>>385903694
GEAR STATS WERE A MISTAKE
THEY WERE A MISTAKE
>>
>>385903980
But tempest isn't this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgTdQGzlJZ8
>>
>>385904069
How do they afford to keep the servers running if the only money they got was from the initial sale of the game?
>>
>>385904058
>half the price
Because it was games don't get regional prices right? YOU fucking neck yourself, 50 bucks for ONE MONTH is ridiculous.
>>
>>385904069
>500 ecto for a weapon

What the fuck has the economy turned into
>>
I guess the Canthan specialisation for thief will be the Ninja or Assassin.
>>
>>385904004
well when a dev team treats every user like they are 12 and homosex it's hard not to talk about.
>more fag weapons and armor plz
>oh yea make shoulders and greatswords really really big!
>>
>>385900940
>probably because of lack there-of
>friendly like a bunch of fucking losers
Small wonder nobody likes you.
>>
>>385904092
>no new classes
Everyone says this. The game could remove the entire medium armor tier collection of classes and not truly lose anything of value to the core game. There's so little going for it, and it's not like they couldn't just consolidate every remotely interesting mechanic into the game and share them among 3 classes in order to promote actual build diversity and team roles.
>>
>>385904120
GW1's netcode runs so efficient that it costs basically nothing to host it. GW2 staff apparently don't even know where the server is anymore, but it's costing so little to keep up that they just leave it there.
>>
>>385904158
I never played GW1, but I have played MMOs in similar situations.

What happens is that the only people left are the super hardcore players who have made the game their lives. These players usually get balls rich because of their obsessive grinding habits; thus, prices for everything skyrocket.
>>
>>385904110
NO
CAN TELL ME
OTHERWISE
although that one's also pretty good
>>
Running to Droknar's Forge 10k

5k at start and the other 5k when we get there

PM if interested
>>
File: virgin.png (417KB, 963x1024px) Image search: [Google]
virgin.png
417KB, 963x1024px
>>385900940
>>
>>385904252
naw the fuckers capped the d/l speed of the game (gw1). last time i d/l'd it i think it might have reached like 1MB down, mostly 500kbs tho lol
>>
>>385904224

They are probably designed that way to make sure people see this crap from a mile away. All of this stuff is to show-off. I prefer more down-to-earth and realistic designs too.
>>
>>385904252
>>385904120
They're virtual servers running on GW2 servers.
>>
>>385904179
>Cantha
literally never ever
>>
>>385904004
you find what you seek
there are plenty of posts talking about anet's questionable lore decisions, whether the expansion offers enough content to actually be called an expansion, anet's past missteps with content releases, etc
>>
>>385904069
now if only all the gw1 fanboys in this thread went there to play with everyone else instead of shitting up these threads eh?
>>
>>385904384

Well, we finally got Elona.
>>
File: 1408669114034-5409.png.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1408669114034-5409.png.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>385904352
pls no. I don't want to feel these feelings again
>>
>>385904378
I try to make armor sets(skins/mix) that are functional/practical. i dont use a weapon/armor that will fucking injure myself it i try to use it etc etc
>>
>>385903881
>Why are MMO developers ALWAYS insufferable assholes?
Making it harder for BRs to play their game isn't being an asshole, it's being courteous to everyone else.
>>
>>385904426
>Playing a game at its peak versus playing a game on life support

The only place you find anyone at all is Kamadan. The rest of the game is empty and has been for a long time.
>>
>>385904454
Anyone want to party for ressurection signet quest?
>>
>>385904540
Bullshit at this point people complaining about BRs are a bigger meme than BRs asking for free shit.
>>
If only they could cut down the Asuran and Charr masturbation. They overuse their tech. It's like the Star Trek teleport.
>>
File: 1882773_orig[1].jpg (281KB, 1008x616px) Image search: [Google]
1882773_orig[1].jpg
281KB, 1008x616px
>>385903694
>dat art

I miss Kotaki's art style.
>>
File: 1499376303867.png (699KB, 567x598px) Image search: [Google]
1499376303867.png
699KB, 567x598px
>XIV comes out and is absolute ass
(we're supposed to ignore this.)
>XIV gets remade at extreme cost and comes out as a sub-average WoW clone with elements lifted from GW2 to boot
>XIV has a cash shop that's even worse than GW2 with massively expensive mounts and cosmetics plus items that literally let you skip the (abysmal) story, and the leveling process. Plus there's no way to earn these items without paying, unlike Guild Wars.
>Zones are empty and bereft of anything meaningful, and still look like shit
>MSQ is literally nonsensical shonen shit where you play second fiddle to combat Barbie
>XIV has a $13 sub-fee despite a terrible content drip
>Stormblood was $40 despite being utterly bereft of content
>Balance is abysmal and the game is utterly braindead, even compared to WoW, and it's getting worse and worse with ability pruning and the removal of Cross-classing
>Still 0 choice in your build or play style (no perks, traits, talents, or gear effects)
>Still rife with quality of life issues like being unable to whisper people 80% of the time, being dismounted when talking, etc
>Can't implement simple shit like more bag space or a better market board because it's "hard on the servers"
>End game is literally 4 fights in little circular arenas (that was cleared in one day)

And yet GW2 players are supposed to feel bad that their cheap B2P/F2P with a $30 expansion of comfy content? Just think, in a few months, they'll be having fun in PoF while XIV-fags are doing another 4 fights, D5s-8s, again and again, week after week with literally nothing else to do.
>>
File: 1491438441838.jpg (72KB, 720x690px) Image search: [Google]
1491438441838.jpg
72KB, 720x690px
>>385904691
>Asuran and Charr faggotry reaches new heights as they fantasize with their mounts
>>
>>385904706
Cake is in a better place. He probably knew where the game is headed when he left the company
>>
>>385903927
>futasura wife
Fixed.
>>
>>385904737
>elements lifted from GW2 to boot
like?
>>
>>385904816
FATEs for one
>>
>>385904737
>Still 0 choice in your build or play style (no perks, traits, talents, or gear effects)
Is my most hated thing about FFXIV.

Also I feel like MMOs usually balance "complexity" between either the Classes (rotations, playstyles etc) or Content (boss mechanics, gear checks etc) and FFXIV had always leaned towards the classes being more "complex" than the encounters, but with Stormblood simplifying things about the classes and the content staying roughly the same the game just feels bland. The Tanks/Healers all feel much more simple to play which isn't inherently bad but it just feels less active overall.
>>
>>385904874
actually Warhammer Online was the first instance of public quests like FATEs and GW2 events that I can think of. And Rift also did them before GW2.

Anything else or is it just going to be more instances of you thinking GW2 was more innovative than it was?
>>
Does XIV even have PvP? I never hear about it. All I see are some flashy dungeons with JRPG music playing.
>>
what's the over/under on new armor sets for this "expansion"?
how many did HoT have? 3?
>>
>>385904816
Jumping puzzles

Instanced personal story

Sightseeing Logs

Hunts

Dyeing

Prevalence of enemy AoE markers
>>
File: 1500020789785.jpg (124KB, 400x505px) Image search: [Google]
1500020789785.jpg
124KB, 400x505px
>>385904737
Did Yoshi-P fuck your mom or something?
>>
>>385905024
Ain't you a smarmy little cunt, I think you need someone to ravage your boypucci
>>
>>385905024
>tfw if we got a modern version of Warhammer Online I'd pay out the ass for it
That game didn't deserve its fate.
>>
>>385905096

I'd rather have none after seeing the abominations that were the ones HoT. They tried waaay too hard.
>>
>>385905207
the launch was a fucking shitshow though
>>
>>385905102
Imagine being this delusional and/or ignorant.
>>
>>385905165
No, you're just a cunt that plays a bad game, feels smug about it, and posts in threads that have nothing to do with you.

You're clearly not a GW1/2 fan so why are you even in this thread? To project and try to make yourself feel good about playing a certified kusoge.
>>
>>385905096
This is the real crime of the gw2 team. For priding itself on being Fashion Wars it has the laziest armor modelers in the industry.
>only make outfits because making separate meshes is too much work
>never fix awful clipping issues
>barely any new armors ever
>>
>>385905102
>Jumping puzzles
that's fair
>Instanced personal story
both Guild Wars 1 and City of Heroes ;_;7were heavily instanced, well before either game
>Sightseeing logs
I wouldn't call that unique to GW2, and on top of that, FFXIV's "vistas" actually require exploration instead of just being another marker on the map to tick off.
>Hunts
fucking what
>dyeing
ahahahahahaha
>Prevalence of enemy AoE markers
I sincerely doubt GW2 did orange circles on the floor first
>>
File: 1500018559534.jpg (11KB, 248x250px) Image search: [Google]
1500018559534.jpg
11KB, 248x250px
>>385889747
>Everyone, we've listened to your concerns. So we're going back to GW1! With...NIGHTFALL (with mounts)!
>Don't worry about combat changes, or templates, or skill customization, or capes, NIGHTFALL GUYS!

Anet fucked me over THREE times. The only good thing to come out of GW2 was me building a new computer just to play that unoptimized furry simulator
>>
>>385899630
suck their dick and join their clique over twitter
>>
>>385905304
I love GW1, don't think your turd of a sequel comes even close to that.
>>
>>385905292
Imagine actually thinking that WoW and GW2 copy from XIV, and not vice versa

>XIV comes out and is a virtual abortion
>ARR comes out and suddenly has nothing but features from GW2 and WoW
>"N-No, it's just a coincidence, guys, I swear!"
>>
>>385903158
>no new race
Too much work, a new race means a new capital, at least a new low level map, new personal story steps, new animations, reworking all the armor in the game, etc. It wouldn't make sense to do that for an expansion that isn't about a new race and their region specifically.

>no new class
We knew that for months, they added the Revenant last time because they wanted 3x3 professions based on the armor type. Now everything will be specializations.
I'm not defending arenanet, I wanted a Dervish.
>>
File: charr cash shop promotion.png (1MB, 786x828px) Image search: [Google]
charr cash shop promotion.png
1MB, 786x828px
>>385905306
You forgot
>a week after expansion, new costume/armor/weapon in the gemshop!
>it more detailed than expansion mixupmeshcrap
>>
>>385905426
Nigger like half of those features were in MMOs loooong before GW2 and WoW.
>>
>>385905057
Yes and its super active, why are you baiting for replies when you could just google it?
>>
File: 1501613637322.jpg (34KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1501613637322.jpg
34KB, 560x560px
>>385904737
I still can't believe people would pay a sub fee for combat with global cooldowns. End game Gw2 combat absolutely spoiled me and no other mmos have come close to match its dynamic, maybe dragon nest and that one game that I forgot came close. Not to mention the game doesn't punish you if you decide to solo contents meant for group, which leads to some ridiculous fun and challenging solo boss fights in the Arah dungeon (like lupicus solo). That alone is enough to make Gw2 one of the top mmos, though I'd have to agree that the story fucking sucks (Asura personal story sub level 30 is still goat tier).
>>
>>385905349
They look like they suck literal dicks

>>385900000
>>
>that very same guy again that takes every opportunity to shill GW2 while pretending WoW was the first MMO and FFXIV is the worst game ever made

I'm more and more convinced it's that nep tripfag.
>>
>>385905448
Also leg armor was late as fuck and looks ugly anyway.
>>
>>385905448
On top of this:
>Making GW1 items like Chaos Gloves and Tormented weapons gem store exclusive

But I'm still not allowed to have a Tormented weapon without paying, even though it's sitting in my Hall of Monuments right now.
>>
>>385904069
No there aren't. I play actively and Kamadan is the only place where people congregate and it's mostly bots, mules, and gold sellers.

>>385904158
Bots are available to farm pretty much anything as well as Anet support going on an unbanning spree allowing hundreds of thousands of ectos to flood the market
>>
Why does GW2 attract so many furries?
>>
>>385905440
>too much work
yeah, we wouldn't want those poor devs to work too hard
>>
>>385905440
Your entire post can be resumed with "too much work", Anet like most big companies such as Blizzard, Valve and EA are making 10 times more money than they did in the past without putting even 1/10th of the content into the games.

Treating vidya as a business was the worse thing that happened to the industry.
>>
>>385905057
Yes

but it kind of sucks
>>
>>385905568
It's almost like XIV isn't actually that good and GW2 isn't actually that bad

>Everyone expressing an opinion I dislike is one person
Ah, a tried and true /v/ classic.
>>
>>385902824
I generally hate desert areas in games but there was something special about the Crystal Desert and Elona in GW1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oFGagjD18o

Also its the last type of environment we still have to see in GW2. It was the most exotic thing they could do I'd say.
>>
>>385905515
None of the skills in gw2 have any feeling of weight, you literally spam everything on cooldown, don't know why I'm bothering replying to someone using an anime avatar.
>>
>>385905258
Maybe but it was still a flawed gem and if it wasn't doomed by EA fucking over Mythic it would have been a huge hit.
>>
File: GW2 shill.png (325KB, 1255x1911px) Image search: [Google]
GW2 shill.png
325KB, 1255x1911px
>>385905568
It happen before.

>>385905603
Yeah that really pisses me off. Most of the things that the GW 1 players earn end up being in the gemshop for all the whales to buy. Their reaction are probably like "LOL LOOK AT ME! I PLAY GW 1 TOO XDDD AND I ONLY SPEND GEMS!"
>>
>>385905670
No, that guy just has a very similar way of posting and uses certain buzzwords and phrases just like nep.
>>
>>385902824
Maguuma was far more boring, second worst area in the game next to Kaineng.
>>
File: 34213431312.jpg (21KB, 318x315px) Image search: [Google]
34213431312.jpg
21KB, 318x315px
Reminder they purposely killed Eir Stegalkin because she was too popular and the devs didn't like that
>>
File: Capture.png (3MB, 1429x883px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
3MB, 1429x883px
wow so topical
>>
File: 1501430063773.png (468KB, 599x423px) Image search: [Google]
1501430063773.png
468KB, 599x423px
>there are actually people trying to bait all the disappointed GW1fags to buy their shitty new expansion because it's nostalgia bait
You people disgust me
>>
>>385905685
Found the shitter
>>
>>385888896
>only $29.99
>>
>>385905670
>XIV isn't actually that good

You're right but why do you have to exaggerate or even make up criticism instead of focusing on the things that it actually does wrong?

>GW2 isn't actually that bad

It's even worse than that. It has some nice world design going on and I liked the attention to detail and the jumping puzzles but aside from that it's a terrible game that got worse and worse as time went on.
>>
>>385905790
She die to give her black son a "character development", which was shit. Braham was a very shitty character spawn by a one night stand of a black guy and Eir.
>>
>>385905807
The GW2 shill is also falseflagging hard, shitting on FFXIV while pretending FFXIV players only hate on GW2 because they also disliked GW1.
>>
File: 1486529558960.jpg (52KB, 352x288px) Image search: [Google]
1486529558960.jpg
52KB, 352x288px
>>385903552
>Take skills that do harm to yourself from necro
>doppelganger is going to kill himself while thinking he is doing anything

That stupid bum will never be as smart as the original =)))
>>
>>385905801
build a wall and make palawa pay for it
>>
>>385888896
>>only $29.99

>>385889169
^ this.
Bought the base game back then. What do I get? Pay the same price. Oh and new players get the base game for the same fucking price.
FUCK NO.

Fuck ArenaNet.
>>
>>385905615
>>385905620
I mean it took them months to do one legendary armor and there's still clipping everywhere in the original ones.
I know they could do an amazing looking Tengu capital, beautiful areas, nice animations but I think they really have a problem with armors on non-human characters.
>>
>>385906031
so what are the 400 people that allegedly work at Anet even doing besides jerking themselves off
>>
File: 1499583368530.png (161KB, 301x312px) Image search: [Google]
1499583368530.png
161KB, 301x312px
>>385888896
People still advertise this piece of shit?
>>
>>385906091
>400 people
Probably a lot less now.
>>
>>385906091
jerking their transdragon coworkers off
>>
>>385905910
>You're right but why do you have to exaggerate or even make up criticism instead of focusing on the things that it actually does wrong?
I'm not? The zones are barren, the MSQ is shit and you're forced to do it (GW2 story is shit too), and there's virtually no end game. Every encounter still crutches on simple-ass mechanics and encounter design hasn't evolved at all since ARR.

>It's even worse than that. It has some nice world design going on and I liked the attention to detail and the jumping puzzles but aside from that it's a terrible game that got worse and worse as time went on.
It's gotten better with time, and the maps are the best part. The fact that it's cheap/free with no sub fee admonishes it of a ton of problems. A lot of the GW2 criticism is based on the fact that it's not a traditional MMO and not on any sort of objective reasoning. It's a fun game to go at with the mindset of something like Diablo or Path of Exile. You hop in with friends and clear some content. And unlike XIV, it's actually fun to play moment to moment and there's actually stuff to do.
>>
File: tengu.jpg (80KB, 800x364px) Image search: [Google]
tengu.jpg
80KB, 800x364px
>>385906031
I'm very certain that the Tengu, not the Sylvari, was meant to be the final race and Caledon Forest was their first exploration zone. We all know how that went out when Ree and the fat cunt Angel McCoy was place in charge of which races goes with which.
>>
File: 525234.jpg (103KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
525234.jpg
103KB, 1366x768px
>>385888896
>ANOTHER fucking Dragon
>>
>>385888896
>Guild Wars comes out in 2005
>release two standalone packs and an expansion within 2 years, game is solid. Best two years.
>Guild Wars 2 releases 2012
>all the original developers have been replaced with special snowflake faggots
>take 2 years in 2015 to release first expansion it's faggot pandering and shitty changes that involve paid specs better than the base game even though they said they wouldn't do that
>take 2 more years to announce their second expansion to GW2 in 2017
>it's just pandering to GW1 to get people to bait back into heart of thorns garbage and lore bashing the first game

Go fuck yourself. Guild Wars 2 is hot garbage.
>>
>>385906187
>The zones are barren, the MSQ is shit and you're forced to do it (GW2 story is shit too), and there's virtually no end game. Every encounter still crutches on simple-ass mechanics and encounter design hasn't evolved at all since ARR.

This is pretty much bordering on straight up lying.
>>
>>385906208
We're fighting Balthazar actually.
>>
>>385906190
>Tengu played a large role in Guild Wars Prophecies
????

I only remember them infesting the Shiverpeaks.
>>
>>385906208
It'll be one dragon per expansion, I don't know why you're surprised. Allegedly the last dragon is going to be the water dragon which means we'll have one entire expansion underwater.
>>
>>385889747
This post made me angry
>>
>>385906316
maybe he meant Guild Wars 1 overall
>>
>>385906187
>A lot of the GW2 criticism is based on the fact that it's not a traditional MMO

No the criticism is that its a shit chinese knock off MMO thats killed guildwars and skinned the corpse and wears it as a costume from the gemstore for only $60! Also whilst we're on the cash shop

>Forcing players to pay for the "living story" that players have no actual choices in and was advertised as "players decide the outcome!"

Literally telltale.
>>
>>385906346
>which means we'll have one entire expansion underwater
AAAAAA
>>
File: this would have made korean cum.png (338KB, 358x754px) Image search: [Google]
this would have made korean cum.png
338KB, 358x754px
How would you guys feel if they have stuck using this as the Sylvari instead of the shit we have now?
>>
>>385906190
Nah. Caledon, is all sylvari. All the architecture and even the name is Sylvari. So unless you're implying that the change was made so early that those things hadn't been established yet, your idea makes no sense.
>>
>>385895794
>this class is good in a completely different game mode, therefor only one button should be good in pve
>to the point you'll get kicked otherwise

Literally retarded
>>
>>385906382
I like the sylvari's design. It's the way they've been forced everywhere until S3 that was annoying.
>>
>>385906275
How?
>>
>>385906382
The ones we have actually are way better than humans with attached plant stuff.
The only thing they should have done is create more of them, body types, head pieces and so on. And more silvari armour obviously, lazy bastards.
>>
>>385906382
Their designs are fine; they're aesthetic as fuck. Its just how they're literally dindu nuffins throughout the entire story even though they're LITERALLY THE CAUSE OF EVERYTHING GOING WRONG
>>
>>385906208
We're not fighting it though.
>>
>>385906131
No, they're still hiring, but I hardly see experienced devs join them it's mostly fresh graduates. Recently there was that one guy from ubisoft who joined them though.
>>
>>385906468
Because it's simply not true (aside from maybe the story being shit, at least in some parts).
>>
>people being mad that you don't get a discount for owning a 5 year old game that's f2p now.
What? Expansions never give you a discount based on whether or not you have the game before. You paid for owning the base game, not for owning the expansions. What the hell is this logic?
>>
>>385906664
>Giving away the game for free
>is the same as buying an expansion when the game requires you to still pay for the base game

I don't understand your retarded logic anon
>>
>>385906638
Explain why it's not true?

>The zones ARE tiny and sectioned off and have literally nothing but mobs and quest givers (for kill 10 boar/pick 5 flowers type quests)
>MSQ is completely linear and you're forced to do it
>End game is literally 4 fights, EX primals are no longer relevant, and neither are dungeons, even roulettes

Explain how I'm wrong.
>>
>>385905102
>jumping puzzles
I seriously hope you don't think that's somehow unique to GW2. Maplestory was doing that shit a decade ago.
>>
>>385906664
Every other game that went F2P has given veterans some kind of bonus. There is absolutely zero advantage to having bought the base game + expansion versus just buying the expansion, but you're still 50 bucks poorer.

I don't know, man, some gems or something would have been nice.
>>
I wanted to return to GW2 since I stopped playing shortly before the first expansion, but since it doesn't come with HoT they can fuck off. I've already felt cheated when they decided to sell HoT with GW2 by default making the core game free, now I have to be a complete cretin to fall for their double dipping jewish ways.
>>
>>385906815
Middle
>>
>>385906808
Looks like they listened to your complaints and are making each expantion a separate cheaper purpose for people who own the previous expantions.
>>
Is the class structure for GW2 still a pile of ass?
>>
>>385906848
bullshit you entitled child. It's 50 quid for you, either buy it or fuck off. Otherwise there is your generic other mmo with 60 quid expansion and subscription on top of it.
>>
>>385906991
Yeah, I appreciate the 30$ price point.
>>
>>385906736
I don't get what you're trying to say, the former clearly seems the better option to me especially if the base game isn't worth any money anymore.
>>385906808
People didn't complain when it went f2p but why complain now?
The fact is that vanilla gw2 stopped being worth anything when it went f2p but you paid for being able to play it for 2 years before it did.
Think of it as vanilla GW2 being discounted to zero so the 30$ is purely the price for the expansion.
>>
>>385906848
>anet gives away the base game for free
>you want 2 new products for the price of 1
in what poorfag delusion is anet the double dipping jew and not you?
>>
>>385907010
What do you mean by class structure?
>>
>>385907151
>People didn't complain when it went f2p
lol
>>
>>385907040
It's 50 plus 60 I've already paid before they decided that my 60 is worth nothing, but time. Hell, if I've paid for monthly sub I've lost less money than if I've paid 60 for their base game that is now devalued into nothingness. They can fuck off.
>>
>>385888896
>>Story is focused on GW1 lore (Balthazaar)

>BALTHAZAAR WAS A BAD GUYS ALL ALONGS

Such laur.
>>
>>385907178
I sure don't remember as much whining as I see now.
>>
>>385906382
the sylvari look good if too tame, they could actually go with some more extreme elements, like really barky skin or some unique plant stuff, but that won't change the fact that sylvari are just a shit mary sue race, and gw2 would be better without them really.
>>
So can I rearrange my 1-5 skills yet or am I still bound to whatever keybinds they came up with? This was already a dealbreaker for me from day one. And no, just rebinding the keys is not enough as it changed the binds for your second weapon and your down skills, too.
>>
>>385907151
>I don't get what you're trying to say, the former clearly seems the better option to me especially if the base game isn't worth any money anymore.

Clearly you're a fucking money grubbing jew who doesn't care that anet just outjewed their playerbase.
>>
>>385907250
You must have not been looking, there was a huge outcry.
>>
Haven't played this game in 3-4 years. I dropped it at around level 20-30 because it was boring. Is the base game any better now? Without any expansion
>>
>>385907379
no
>>
>>385907379
Nothing changed for base game.
>>
>>385907379
You played it at the perfect time, when people wer e actually doing PvE and you didn't need the lfg tool.
>>
>>385890037
>>no new classes, only "specs" which are poorly balanced and not really interesting

Keep in mind also that you NEED to buy the expansion to be allowed/effective in any game mode since the specs are just overpowered.

If you don't own Heart of Thorns right now you will not be let into PvE groups, and you will suck in PvP and WvW (haha just kidding nobody plays that anymore).

The new expansion will probably be the same, forcing people to buy it to be let into existing content.
>>
>>385907379
>>385907420
I would say now it's even worse experience to level than it was before.
>>
>>385907440
There's no subscription fee.
>>
>>385907235
>GIVE ME FREE !!
You paid 60 like five years ago. Thanks for proving my point you man child.
>>
>>385907235
its 50 for both Hot and PoF

what are you whining about man
>>
>>385901886
Hey hey, I'm in your guild. You might see me on as Dinndu.
>>
File: 1450064447291.jpg (107KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1450064447291.jpg
107KB, 1366x768px
I bought the base game and after they turned it f2p and made me charge for HoT it made me mad, but then I realized anything is better then subscription fees. GW2 is my main mmo for exactly that reason

30 bucks for comfy desert exploration, new elite specs and mounts that actually look like you're controlling an animal instead of just working like a speed boost seems fine to me if you compare it to the jewing ways of any other mmo.

How come everybody is being so skeptical about this? You really thought there would be a new race added to the game?
>>
>>385907440
>forcing people to buy it to be let into existing content.
No class seem to have the equivalent of Druid or Chronotank so I'm sure people with HoT only will be fine. Core only are fucked though.
>>
>>385907541
>How come everybody is being so skeptical about this?
because mounts are just another goddamn mastery grind with a fancy skin with fancier skins in the gem store
>>
>>385907235
>if I paid monthly subs I've lost less money
>pay 50 to own the game
>pay monthly subs for however much you play
>pay to own HoT
>pay monthly subs to play HoT
>pay to own PoF
>etcetera
How is this less than only paying for the game? This is as asinine as complaining about prices being discounted as time goes on, no one gets anything for having paid full price either. Your vanilla GW2 definitely isn't going to be worth anything 5 years in, with two expansions out.
Maybe they'll offer a complete bundle in 2 years or something when they discount PoF.
>>
>>385888896
this game was awful
>>
>>385904737
Are you the mad faggot that shits up any and all XIV threads? If so you honestly deserve the hard dicking GW1 fans will give you each and every time you try to shill this shit fest of a failed sequel on /v/.
>>
>>385907541
>f you compare it to the jewing ways of any other mmo.
>complete all story challenges on hard timegated two months for a chance to get the fractal carrot for the wolf mount recipe which requires three stacks of ectos and 2k of a zone-specific currency to craft
>>
File: 1501207163311.jpg (25KB, 220x304px) Image search: [Google]
1501207163311.jpg
25KB, 220x304px
>>385888896
>tranny writers shitting on GW1 lore
>adding fucking mounts
>new legend for the GW1 nostalgia class is some shitty female Charr instead of someone cool and actually related to the desert like Turia or Varesh Ossa
>>
>>385907541

Because /v/ still hasn't been completely overrun by retarded normies who play nothing but garbage and have no idea who the people behind these games are.
>>
>>385907696
>with a fancy skin
At least they seem to look cooler than the base glider.
>>
>>385904737
>Just think, in a few months, they'll be having fun in PoF while XIV-fags are doing another 4 fights

kek more like another 7 moths til another savage tier
>>
>>385907541
Because I don't want to play extended LS3 like maps. Where are the fractals or raids? Is it wrong to hope for at least 5 new fractals?
>>
>>385902929
It's been pretty easy going from what I've seen, but I just hit 80 a week ago.
>>
I was playing the newest living story and I was wondering how you could write dialogue that bad. Was it the voice actors? I was playing a female human and never really liked their VA, thought they weren't a very good actor. But that shining blade solider? Fucking awful.

And that's to say nothing of the plot itself.
>>
>>385907331
No, you're still stuck with the skills that match your weapon. If anet wanted to please GW1 fans, even a tiny bit, they'd add a number of various weapon skills you could slot for each weapon per class, as opposed to just adding more weapons with no extra customization. But this time is fucking incompetent and out of touch with the old fanbase.
>>
>>385907908
Dialogue is getting worse with every episode. Female human VA was especially bad this episode too.
>>
>>385907879
Fractals are being added live as is regardless of the expansion. Raids too. They took a months and years to add them in HoT. Paying for PoF is partly paying for the Crystal Desert content and partly paying for continued development.
>>
>>385907908
I don't know which faggot on the writing team insists on making everyone a Joss Whedon-tier quipmonster, but I hope that person steps on a fucking lego. Why do I still play this game?

Also I'm pretty sure the Mursaat weren't hammy, chatt mother fuckers, either, so why was Lazarus so long fucking winded? Why does he talk at all?
>>
File: some picture of a slut.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
some picture of a slut.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>385888896
I'm too distracted by XIV
>>
>>385908037
Stop, you'll trigger the fat ninja cosplayer and his pocket janitor.
>>
>>385907541

ArenaNet has consistently failed to deliver on their promises and Heart of Thorns only gave a sliver of the total content they said would be coming, all with a premium price tag. Even when you aren't comparing their work to GW1's track record, why the fuck would anyone believe what they're saying this time around?
>>
>>385908073
I don't get it, does it have something to do with that one mod's crusade against XIV threads?
>>
>>385908026
>Why does he talk at all?
He got lonely after spending 250 years in his phylacteries.
>>
>>385907475
I would understand it if my $60 turned into $0 just because time with HoT exp, okay I get it, I've played enough of the game to justify it's purchase. But I would also expect them to use the same monetization tactic with the new expansion pack. Except they don't, you still have to buy HoT, because I fucking guarantee it will be essential for any proper end-game content from PvE to WvW, not to mention variety of QoL shit it gives by default. Why my initial purchase means FUCK ALL to arena net, while HoT buyers get protection of having an expansion pack with a free game? Yeah, fuck off.
>>
File: 1422588692463.jpg (121KB, 662x807px) Image search: [Google]
1422588692463.jpg
121KB, 662x807px
>>385907771
>Grinding?! IN AN MMO?!
>>
>>385908121
There's some mega autist who shits up anything xiv related, too. Still a better fate than what happened to gw2g, I guess.
>>
File: GW2 Sylvari Original Concept.jpg (281KB, 687x1017px) Image search: [Google]
GW2 Sylvari Original Concept.jpg
281KB, 687x1017px
>>385906190
Salads have been in development for YEARS before GW2 was developed, retard. They used to be generic elves in leaf clothes, and they were going to appear in Utopia as a more satyr-like planty race called the Sidhe.
>>
>>385908121
prevailing theory is that he is actually paid by Blizzard
>>
>>385908187
Has no one brought that faggot up on irc yet?
>>
>>385908132
Yeah but PoF also isn't 50 at launch like HoT was. The whole thing is 50$ total now.
>>
>>385908170
remember when Colin promised there would be no grinding?

I remember and I believed his lies
>>
>>385898826
>I have no idea how 'humans' can make storylines as engaging as witcher 3

slavs arent human
>>
>>385907808
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_the_Author
>>
File: 1489046517958.jpg (62KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
1489046517958.jpg
62KB, 421x421px
>>385908229
>you won't have to worry about grinding for gear like the first one!
>ascended gear announced two months after launch
And that was the moment that broke me.
>>
>>385908229
No mandatory grinding. Even GW1 had aesthetic grind
>>
>>385905781

Kaineng and the rest of Cantha was brilliant. Not the game's fault that you have poor sense of direction.
>>
>>385908229
Good thing Colin is gone now.
>>
>>385908293
fuck off, Colin
>>
>>385908302
Reminder that the retard devs of this game aren't going to do Cantha because they think it was racist.
>>
>>385908335
More like NCSoft blocked them because they don't like asian themes.
>>
File: 1397744349029.png (87KB, 217x241px) Image search: [Google]
1397744349029.png
87KB, 217x241px
So when does the game get good? I got to level 15 and I am not impressed.
>>
>>385908310
and yet his lies remain
>>
>>385908302
Yes, a literal trash city with multiple strata in a game that doesn't have a Z axis is brillant. Fuck off weeb.
>>
>>385907541
>anything is better then subscription fees
Absolutely fucking not, the entire point of a b2p game from the player's side is the paywall blocking shitty ebegars, and the fact that they blatantly lied to their playerbase is even worse. Fuck off and fuck yourself shill. Actually kill yourself I fucking hate you and your company.
>>
>>385908367
literally never
>>
>>385903653
Wildstar came out after gw2 u mong
>>
>>385908367
It's all downhill from there.
>>
>>385908229
I can't see them lying about any of the things in this expac. In fact, they let the britbong play with it during the post show and they showed of a lot of things with no scripted flare to it. That's a good sign in my eyes.
>>
>>385908367
Fucking never. Unless you're a furfag or futafag, spend your time somewhere else.
>>
File: assssss.png (2MB, 1076x893px) Image search: [Google]
assssss.png
2MB, 1076x893px
>A discussion about GW2 and FFXIV at the same time.

What an ideal time to post my characters, r8 me bros.
>>
>>385908449
ok

well enjoy your mastery grind, anon
>>
>>385905207
I'm playing on warhammer private server and honestly it doesn't feel different from later stages of the game life
>>
>>385908467
>anime protagonist teen in full phalanx
you tried
>>
>>385908229
>NO. GRIND!
>HoT meta changes everything
>I have to grind for AR to be allowed into Fractal groups, the only content I genuinely enjoyed because they made the AR I already grinded useless
>they also removed all my fractal achievements

I don't hate the AR or fractals changes but there was clearly a need for grind and GW2 has the worst form of grind imaginable whether you're farming for gear or farming skins.
>>
File: 1494978911748.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1494978911748.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>385908484
>taut these cool new specs for you to use while going through the new zones
>jk lol do a fuckton of grinding to make them worthwhile
>>
>>385908373

>He doesnt want a Cyber-punk city in his fantasy game.
>He probably hated the Jade Sea too, one of the most beautiful and original zones.
>He also hates the gothic architecture and the antediluvian stone trees.
>>
File: 1499246739069.jpg (257KB, 1000x1278px) Image search: [Google]
1499246739069.jpg
257KB, 1000x1278px
>>385908037
Lewdest MMO
>>
>>385908595
>cyberpunk
>antediluvian
I am pretty sure these words do not mean what you think they mean
>>
>>385903827
I was curious and looked it up. That guy was kicked in 2013 or 2014 for that shit.
>>
>>385908335

It's because Asian nationalists hate each other so much that they hate seeing their cultures mixed. Which is ironic because pretty much evrything is ripped off from China.
>>
>>385908484
Oh I will, I fucking love grinding in mmo's.
Don't understand why you would play them if you don't.
>>
>>385908537
>they made the AR I already grinded useless
What?
>>
File: rheas-crater_platforms1.jpg (594KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
rheas-crater_platforms1.jpg
594KB, 1680x1050px
>>385908595
The jade sea is still one of my favourite zones of all time. Too bad it won't be there if we ever go back to Cantha.
>>
File: 1500924586333.jpg (19KB, 495x362px) Image search: [Google]
1500924586333.jpg
19KB, 495x362px
>>385908187
>>385908221
>XIV threads get deleted for breaking the rules
>NO IT'S A CONSPIRACYONE MOD BEING PAID BY BLIZZARD TO DESTROY OUR COMMUNITY AND BULLY US, BROS!!!

You guys are legitimately mentally ill.
>>
>>385908732
explain the run of threads that stayed up with an OP insulting XIV while praising WoW, then
>>
>>385908650

How many genres have continent-sized cities with the nobility living like kings while everyone else live in crowded areas?
>>
Well, reinstalling gw2 now out of boredom. How long do you guys think I'll play before I uninstall again? Im thinking about an hour.
>>
>>385907470

If you are trying to say "there is no sub fee so its fine for them to force you to buy expansions" then there is a de-facto fee to keep effectively playing their game.
>>
>>385908791
fair point, I suppose

still got no clue why you whipped out antediluvian
>>
>>385908732
go cry to your mod about it, fatninja
>>
>>385908776
what? link some, sounds like a persecution complex, retard.
>>
>>385908867
Not him, but are you saying charging subscription fees and then putting out an expansion that does exactly what you just described is more reasonable?
>>
>>385908836
I will be surprised if you last long enough for the installation to finish.
>>
>>385908293

You're a fucking retard. You have to grind for superior stat combinations from HoT. You have to grind for ascended gear with superior stats.
>>
>>385908939
BEHOLD

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/384878679/#384878679
>>
Melandru will be shown to be evil in industrialized Cantha.
>>
>>385908932
>Go cry to """my""" mod (singular?) because rule breakers are being banned and delinquent threads are being pruned

why?
>>
File: 1312115823346.jpg (11KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1312115823346.jpg
11KB, 228x221px
>>385909053
>this dev team
>making a naturalist woman evil
>>
>>385908836
I got to LA, saw my fps dip just walking, closed the game
>>
>>385909024
5 out of 9 classes work extremely well even without HoT anything you mongrel
>>
>>385909091
it's only caused more pushback because of one pants on head retarded janny deletes anything remotely xiv related on /v/ when he wakes up, which should be about seven and a half hours from now. Explain how they're breaking the rules by talking about vidya?
>>
>>385909053

Well, she did turn a whole tribe of magic-hating humans into ghosts and trees against their will.
>>
>>385909026
>8 days ago and clearly a shitpost
Yeah, clearly a massive conspiracy dude, and not just a thinly veiled XIV thread.
>>
>>385909164
but not as well as with HoT
>>
>>385909001
It's finished, but my motivation to press 'play' is so low.
>>
>>385905102
>jumping puzzles
maple story
>instances personal story
lotro
>sightseeing logs
yeah I guess, though it's pretty much nothing
>hunts
what?
>dyeing
lotro
>prevalence of enemy aoe markers
wildstar
>>
File: 1312115823360.png (13KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
1312115823360.png
13KB, 239x211px
>>385909164
>almost half the classes are shit out of luck
great balance
>>
>>385909213
that's the point. That thread stayed up to bump limit, while other threads created around the same time that explicitly mentioned XIV were deleted. He even started deleting all other Final Fantasy threads just in case. Even if he's doing it FOR FREE, he still has a blatant vendetta against that one thread, while allowing shit like Persona waifu threads and Fire Emblem Heroes generals slide.
>>
>>385909229
hunts are something xi came up with. why someone wouldn't expect it to be in the spiritual successor, i don't know. Enemy aoe markers are a lot older than wildstar
>>
>>385909214
sure they do
basically the same dps and often times more utility for anyone who doesn't optimize their autism for raid speedruns
>>
File: 1501418094865.png (139KB, 190x187px) Image search: [Google]
1501418094865.png
139KB, 190x187px
>>385908367
It never does and you never feel any sense of progression because of level scaled areas.

And the horrible underwater regions.
>>
>>385908986

It's more that in a game like WoW, you can do existing content without needing the expansions. If I only have base wow (which I believe now goes up to Pandaria or maybe it's Draenor by now) I can do those raids and dungeons no problem. I can also (barring special circumstances like twinks) keep playing PvP of my level.

In Guildwars 2, each expansion effectively cuts players off from the rest of the (multiplayer) game. Sure you can do the solo content, but barring a group of friends who dont mind you, groups wont take you if you dont have expansion specs/gear and you can not effectively compete in other modes anymore either.

Part of this is the pathetic gw2 community's fault though, requiring legendary infusions/armor in order to be let into raids. WoW has some of that too with people demanding you link achievements but it is far, far less of a problem. Also because gearscore exists.
>>
>>385909356
Level scaling is the worst part about the game, I think. I just want to feel strong, yet champions in starter zones take eons to kill alone.
>>
>>385909336
I suppose they're older than wildstar but it's the first mmo that came to my mind that I played somewhat recently with them

I never played xi so I don't know about hunts.
>>
>>385909407
Now you know, so when some retard insists GW2 came up with this idea, you can tell him to fuck off.
>>
>>385909053
All the parables show the gods in a pretty negative light. Except Grenth, who is as always confirmed for best god.
>>
>>385909461
I'm trying to wrap my head around what they think hunts are to think that they're in GW2.
>>
File: 1501626146329.png (108KB, 194x192px) Image search: [Google]
1501626146329.png
108KB, 194x192px
>>385909402
I tried approaching the game at least twice. I quit both times around 40lvl simply because of that. I never felt like I'm getting stronger, I never felt powerful, just like I'm going from zone to zone trying to finish it fully, yet it ultimately doesn't matter since if I enter a 20lvl area I'm back to lvl20. It pissed me off to no end.
>>
>>385909164

I disagree but let's say you are correct. That's 4 classes gimped without grinding.

Also you're conveniently ignoring my comment about ascended gear. Good job.
>>
>>385909478
Do people who get banned in GW2 still get Dhuum'd?
>>
>>385909371
I can see what you mean.
That's mostly the community's fault tho. I've personally never run into groups that asked me to ping gear or anything among those lines and I've been playing for a long time.
>>
>>385909175
>Explain how they're breaking the rules by talking about vidya?
Because you niggers have 24/7 generals on /v/.
>>
>>385909178
>Well, she did turn a whole tribe of magic-hating humans into ghosts and trees against their will.
what?
>>
>>385908836
I installed it, walked around the city for a bit, teleported to that final HoT area and saw there was no event going on, then logged off and uninstalled it.
Took me 15 minutes.

I don't know how people play MMOs solo. It's boring as fuck if you don't have a group of friends to tag along with.
>>
I miss Vae
>>
>>385909573
you don't need 10% more damage and an even lower stat increase in other aspects, this is your own autism wanting to be _optimal_
>>
File: 1491432621314.png (5KB, 104x89px) Image search: [Google]
1491432621314.png
5KB, 104x89px
>>385909628
>check archive
>no xiv thread
it's almost as if they're not generals, and they only pop up every once in a while when people want to discuss the game. could it be that you're just a saltymad nigger that someone's enjoying a game you don't like? hm....
>>
>>385909709
>"You have to grind to have better stats"
>"No you dont!"
>"What about ascended?"
>"YOU DONT NEED 10% BETTER STATS WOW WHAT ARE YOU THINKING YOU AUTIST"

It's a major grind for a set of strictly better gear. In a game that got released with a promise of "no grinding."
>>
>>385889747
No Cantha No buy.
>>
>>385900648
>calls Alphinaud a dweeb
What a bitch
>>
>>385909996
they're not wrong
>>
>>385909649

And it was that a tribe of godless humans wandered the land. Where camped did they lay waste, senselessly destroying everything nearby.

And so the tribe set out to find another camp, when suddenly sprouted a wall of thorny branches, which blocked their exit.

Then saith Ewan, leader of the tribe, "Know ye our ways. Whosoever does magic in this tribe shall be put to death."

Yet none comes forward. Then, from the earth grows forth a large tree, and unfurling its branches, reveals the upper torso of a woman. Saith She, "I am Melandru, the Mother of earth and nature. Henceforth I bind ye to these lands. When they suffer, so shall ye suffer."

And as She saith, so was it done. From their limbs sprouted branches, and the blood in their veins was the sap of trees. Then was Ewan and his tribe converted, and became they stewards of nature.

— Scriptures of Melandru, 48 BE
>>
>>385905327
>actually require exploration instead of just being another marker on the map to tick off.
Nigga, we all know you have the guide open in another window and a checklist in notepad.
>>
>>385910210
I mean yeah but it's still nice to happen upon them randomly while you're out exploring

also still nowhere near the shitpile that GW2 calls "exploration"
>>
>>385893759
That's from a run down statue of Balthazar in Ascalon that the Grawl started worshipping only since they're fucking retarded they think his name is Badazar. Nice context faggot.
>>
>>385909513
That guild event where you have to find and defeat a certain npc?
>>
>>385910286
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoaN7_aRrlE
>>
>>385910451
exploration is literally just a checklist. Even if there's occasionally a jumping puzzle in the way of checking off bits of the checklist, it's still a checklist. There's no spontaneous moments of discovery since any possible points of interests are just marked on the map already.
>>
>>385907151
>People didn't complain when it went f2p that's where you're wrong kiddo

>>385908289
this also
>>
>>385910518
But finding your way to the vista is not always so spontaneous.

https://youtu.be/WH7hQshqF98?t=103
>>
>>385910518
Not true. There's legitimately secret areas in most maps and no jumping puzzles are marked.
>>
>>385903073
Yeah? How's that new PvP in FF14 working out for you? Looks awfully familiar.
>>
>>385908467
Emo weeb/10

GW2 outfit is pretty badass though, and FFXIV outfit isn't too shabby either.
>>
>>385910807
That's not the point, the point is that GW2 devs only talk about FF14 on their social media accounts.
>>
>>385910807
The irony of XIV fags complaining about copying their game is hilarious.

>duh encounter is duh same because there's lots of AoE and because the one dev plays XIV, even though Yoshi P (and likely others on the team) plays WoW
Thread posts: 592
Thread images: 117

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.