[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apparently this game left early access today. Has anyone played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: header.jpg (142KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
142KB, 460x215px
Apparently this game left early access today. Has anyone played it?
Is it fun?
Thoughts? Would you recommend it?

I think it looks cute but not sure if that's enough to sell it.
>>
Yeah it looks cute
>>
it's not bad but it's not something you're going to play for hundreds of hours
>>
>>385888525
How much time do you have in it? It is super linear, as in "work to upgrade this X amount of times" or is there more to it?
Any video I watch is either an older version or commentated by some annoying twat who won't shut the fuck up.
>>
Saw this thread on the steam forums so just gonna paste it here
---

1. Get slimes
2. Feed slimes
3. Sell slime poop for money
4. Use money to upgrade things on farm/unlock "new" areas
5. Repeat steps 1-4 until you get bored

All kidding aside the game is just a constant loop of getting more money in order to upgrade so you can earn even more money. From what I gathered from the demo version and watching streamers there are places that need "slime keys" but other than that its just a grind fest with nothing to work towards outside the upgrades. This might change in future updates though.
>>
File: 1497581605235.jpg (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497581605235.jpg
10KB, 400x400px
>>385888081
Not bad, but grindy and pretty shallow once you hit the top. Still if it comes down to $ per hour of entertainment, yeah it's worth it.
>>
>>385889224
Slime keys are also grinding, but with food.
>>
>>385888795
It is very linear. You're just working on getting enough money to build all the crap you need and upgrade your tools.
It gets a little less linear once you unlock slime science, but then it gets grindy since you need to run extractors to get new resources at the different locations.
>>
>>385888081
YOU MADE THIS THREAD ALREADY
>>
Anything new since the glass desert update or was that basicly the final content push and it's just bug fixes since.

Pretty fun, gets old rather fast once you explore everywhere.
>>
File: 1501262415379.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501262415379.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
>>385888795
I have about 30 hours and I've done pretty much all the game has to offer aside from finding a few more hidden treasures (which don't really offer much). Most of the meat of the game is actually tied to slime science which you unlock after grinding and unlocking all the areas on your farm. your first 15 or so hours will just be what this guy said >>385889224 and then everything after that will be grinding slime science materials instead of plorts since you won't really need money for anything at that point. Slime science doesn't really do that much. aside from teleporters that help you get around the map much quicker and a few other select items, all the stuff you make is just cosmetic, like slime lava lamps, colorful bushes/trees, stuff like that. mechanically the game is incredibly boring and once you've played for an hour, you've seen 90% of the game. but if you like games with cute aesthetics and relaxing gameplay, you can easily get a couple dozen hours out of it.
>>
File: 1483647142154.png (733KB, 764x664px) Image search: [Google]
1483647142154.png
733KB, 764x664px
>>385889961
It was basically the final content push. The release update just bugfixed and added an unnecessary model for the protagonist that you can only see on the start screen and in the house.
Apparently they have plans for post-release updates, though
>>
>>385890227
ew, that nose
>>
File: RYjVT1a.gif (1MB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
RYjVT1a.gif
1MB, 360x240px
>>385890176
>>385889679
>>385889458
>>385889224
That seems... pretty disappointing. Sounds like a 3D cookie clicker, essentially.
>>
>>385890227
Bea is bae
>>
>>385888081
It's really cute, movement is surprisingly fast and it's entertaining for a few hours. Thing is, there's really not a lot of content or slime types early on so it can feel like there's not a lot to do.

I'd say its worth it if you like relaxing games but don't expect much of an adventure.
>>
>>385890682
too bad she's a space lesbian
>>
>>385890227
That face looks like something out of Gorillaz
>>
>>385890530
Being in first person and using a handy vacuum to do all the work makes it significantly more immersive and amusing. But if you hate farming and climbing up the economic ladder of games, it's probably not for you.
>>
>>385889224
Yeah I got to the point where I think I had 4 areas and I was totally bored with it, its hella cute but grindy. Plus the selling market is random its on a timer or it used to be at least. I do hope it gets alot of updates. I'll check back in on it in a few months.
>>
Youtube bait game
>>
File: 1471294697909.jpg (32KB, 486x412px) Image search: [Google]
1471294697909.jpg
32KB, 486x412px
>>385890227
>brown skin
>blue hair
>literal tumblr nose
>>
>>385891591
The idea is you can't flood the market with one kind of plort and expect to keep making a fortune. It's the reason you can build so many slime pens.
>>
>>385891294
Like, actually plotwise? Or are you assuming that because of the typical tumblr style hair coloring and generic brown ethnicity of no specification?
>>
>>385891807
You get letters/email periodically throughout the game from a love interest still on Earth that is implied to be female but never actually confirmed to be
>>
I honestly didn't see the point in it all. It's a similar concept to harvest moon, except without the purpose. I guess since there were no npcs there was no point except collect a lot of all this stuff
>>
>>385891625
Have you actually played it? It's not streaming friendly at all unless you're trying to lull your viewers to sleep. Not ragging on the game, either; it's a very methodical, repetitive grind for people who like that kind of thing.
>>
didnt the dev made weekly threads here in the past
or was i referring to someone else
>>
>>385891919
Disappointing, but I guess you can't design a character like that and stop short just to NOT make it a lesbian.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.