[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this blow up so much? How is this game different from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 17

File: 194894.jpg (66KB, 600x280px) Image search: [Google]
194894.jpg
66KB, 600x280px
Why does this blow up so much? How is this game different from every other survival games out there with the same formula?
>>
Battle Royale is the perfect formula and no game has done it right so far. What else is there to know?
>>
The game is shit but it's literally the only battle royale in the market. It's poorly optimized, ugly, and really bad.

Any competent dev can make another battle royale and steal pubg spot right now.
>>
It's flavor of four months like we've been telling you from the start. Watch it crash and burn any minute now.
>>
Sony gets Yakuza, Person and Horizon
Nintendo gets Splatoon, BotW and Arms
PC needs a "good" game so they settled on PUBG
>>
>>385883483
>How is this game different from every other survival games out there with the same formula?
It's good
>>
It's not a fucking survival game. How do you people not fucking realize this? It's not RUST or DayZ. In this game there is a time limit and a goal. It goes on a round by round basis. The goal isn't "Survive Indefinitely". God dammit you're all retards.
>>
>>385883980
>implying shitposters actually play the gam
>>
File: Capture.jpg (9KB, 336x26px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
9KB, 336x26px
>>385883892
>>
>>385883606
>Battle Royale is the perfect formula

lol

No way.
>>
>>385883980
Sell it to me then.

Are there any NON-third person servers? Third person kills this fucking game.
>>
>>385884345
Yes it is, people are just bored of your general FPS shit so BR is perfect new FPS formula
>>
>>385883606
>RNG
>perfect formula
>even a good formula
>>
>>385884432
Nope, you can play in first person though even if it sucks. If you need someone to sell a game to you then you shouldn't buy it.
>>
>>385883483
pace. you almost always in a hurry.

>>385884432
first person server comes out tomorrow for NA and EU
>>
>>385884492
>the masses argument

GO eat mcdonalds, cuck.
>>
feels like an even playing field every match. no colorful dumbshit, no blatently apparent progressive bullshit, it's all about the killing. Dev drama outside the game aside, that works for me. I keep going back to games like that.
>>
>>385884597
>you can play in first person

That's not what I asked faggot.

>if you hurrd urrff

Get lost then loser. Nobody wants to play your shitty game.
>>
I really want to play this game but I physically cannot because of network issues and the game generally being an unoptimized piece of shit, which no one seems to talk about for some reason. It's the 3rd most played game on Steam right now, how the fuck is it still so shitty and why are people putting up with it? It's fun, but it's not THAT fun.

>>385884432
First person servers just got added to the test build, they should be on the main build any day now.
>>
>>385884432
As of tomorrow, first-person only servers are being implemented.
>>
>>385884634
great arguments anon
>>
It's fast and simple and not weighed down with needless crafting bullshit like most of those early access survival games.

I say this as someone who hates this kind of game. PUBG is a pretty good time.
>>
>>385884747

People are putting up with the games shit because there are no better alternatives. Once a game arrives which does the Battle Royale formula better hits the market you can bet your ass it will skyrocket past PUBG.
>>
so if i have arma 3 can i already play this?
>>
>>385884432
Only bought it for 3rd person. ^_^
>>
>>385884883
The strangest shit though is that no one is even complaining about it. I literally can't play with my friends because games just won't load if I'm in a squad, they'll only load if I'm queuing solo.
>>
>>385884836
They're good enough for you, cuck.
>>
>>385884883

No it won't. PUBG has the inertia. People are invested; people are familiar. Like WoW or Minecraft, you don't have to be the first or the best. You just need to be the right one at the right time.
>>
It doesn't do anything particularly well other than offering just the right combination of various gameplay elements from other titles. That's why autists on /v/ don't understand its popularity but normal human beings love it. You dumbasses get caught up in the specifics of netcode/graphics/innovation/etc but fail to see the forest for the trees. Battle royale + urgent time limit + generous RNG items = fun. It will be dethroned soon enough by someone who does it better, but it shouldn't be such a fucking mystery why it's so popular.
>>
>>385885068

I'm not sure about PUBG maintaining it's inertia. The recent announcements with the paid lootboxes is pissing off a ton of people.
>>
File: 1473790734048.jpg (57KB, 655x596px) Image search: [Google]
1473790734048.jpg
57KB, 655x596px
>>385883801
>"Lobster Phone" is art
>Well anyone can do that
>But he actually did it
Just because someone can, does not mean they will.
>>
>>385885054
That sucks, thay can't fix these issues fast enough, if they ever do.
>>
>>385885175
>thinking a couple retards on reddit are /v/ are somehow representative of million that don't give a fuck.
>>
>>385885064
you're dumb anon
>>
>>385885175
yeah, depending on the quality of the new maps and features (such as vaulting over a damn wall... how is that a feature??) Those loot boxes could be a kill, that turns a game faggy super quick.
>>
>>385885175

You think lootboxes are going to kill a game? Really?
>>
File: 1498116402806.png (208KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1498116402806.png
208KB, 540x304px
>early access
>>
>>385883483
Because it's mechanically shallow enough to be easily grasped but designed in such a way that it presents "infinite" outcomes to a set up.
>>
>>385885296

Popular streamers are all throwing shade at it you stupid fuck.

>>385885353

Lootboxes are a great way to extend the life of a game by incentivizing play. When you have to pay to open them in a game you already paid for then people start to wonder what the fuck you're thinking.
>>
>>385883483
name some games with the same formula and I'll tell you why
>>
the reason it blew up so much is because the youtubers were all given copies and servers where people play dumb to make content. this ensures that they make videos, and the idiots who follow them buy up the game. its an intentional form of doing what youtubers did to "dream daddy" or other shitty games that blow up because of youtubers playing them.
>>
>>385884345
>>385884554

He's right. Why do you think games like DayZ blew up in popularity so much? It certainly wasn't because of the groups of people who wanted to play together, work together to survive.

It was the streamers who wanted to run around, loot the best stuff, then go on a killing spree.

PUBG is exactly what that new audience who swarmed in wanted. Just pick up some gear and then get right to the killing. They zeroed in on the largest portion of the market and struck gold.

This game wasn't made to be "good" but to appeal to what the the majority of the kids and young adults playing these sorts of games are really there for.
>>
>>385883483
meme survival game of the moment + twitch
you won't even remember it this time next year
>>
>>385883980
FUCKING THIS

Faggots think this is some Ark-DayZ-zombie survival fucking thing, when all you do is collect weapons, get to the point and kill people. Each round has a time limit because the map reduces in size and kills you if you're too slow
>>
>>385885615

>survival

how do people still think this

it's fucking mind boggling
>>
>>385885572
>Why do you think games like DayZ blew up in popularity so much?

It doesn't matter. Because that's not what "perfect" means.

A lot of people eating shit doesn't mean that it's perfect. Learn your words nigger.
>>
>>385884634

>why is thing so popular
>well it appeals to a lot of people
>that's the masses argument idiot

Is your brain ok anon?
>>
>>385885702
>the game is literally dayz with tweaked rules
>omg why are people calling this a survival game
>>
>>385885702
Because the trailers suck at distinguishing it from the usual early access garbage. Nobody with any intelligence wants to fucking play it, because it reeks of that shit.
>>
>>385885765

>i'm too stupid to do any amount of research

kys
>>
>>385885759
>why is thing so popular

Is YOUR brain ok anon? Maybe it's time to re-learn english.
>>
>CSGO fags getting butthrt over a better game being more popular than their box unlocking simulator
but it's good to see another thread where csgo fagt get BTFO
>>
>daily neogaf shill thread
>>
>>385883483
well, mostly because it isn't a survival game
>>
File: qqqq.gif (993KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
qqqq.gif
993KB, 540x540px
>battle royal is a movie of various people trapped in an office or school (depending which movie you mean) fighting brutally for their survival in small to medium sized rooms
>pubg is just sniping from short range (100m~) to medium range (300m~) until the area becomes smaller and people are forced to go full burst on each others ass

Give me a battle royal in an large corporate office skyscraper, an industry complex or school with melee weapons that are actually worth a damn, building traps and shit.
>>
>>385885765
no water/drinking/crafting
All the stuff is centered around killing.
All the survival aspects of survival games suck. I have no idea how to explain it unfortunately.
>>
>>385885850
So this is what talking to an autistic person feels like.
>>
>>385885454

>Popular streamers are all throwing shade at it you stupid fuck.
>When you have to pay to open them in a game you already paid for then people start to wonder what the fuck you're thinking.

Generally, people who are already heavily invested and vocal aren't good barometers for market success. Without commenting on the validity of their points or the viability of that particular business model, I can safely say that this choice will not be what sinks the product.

The original claim was that a better game will skyrocket past this one in popularity. Such a product does not currently exist, so even if there is discontent there is nowhere for the player base to move. But more importantly, even if such a product did exist the possibility of it being more successful than this one is highly unlikely.

As I said, the combination of previous investment, familiarity and simple fatigue outweigh the merits of a "better" video game. In a few years time, if there's still demand for a similar product then the possibility of another success becomes more likely -- but it'll still have nothing to do with quality and will likely pull the vast bulk of its sales from people who didn't buy PUBG to begin with.
>>
>>385885706

It is in fact the perfect formula, for commercial success.
>>
File: ss+(2017-08-02+at+05.24.11).jpg (41KB, 942x134px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-08-02+at+05.24.11).jpg
41KB, 942x134px
>>385885910
Ey man come on. I like pubg but it's not like the devs are trying to hide their upcoming box unlocking simulator
>>
>>385886057
>battle royal is a movie of various people trapped in an office or school

Holy shit you are retarded.
>>
>>385883801

The culling came out first actually
>>
>>385883483
I don't personally play it, but from what I've seen it plays much better than similar games, minus the jumping which looks janky af.
>>
>>385885706
When someone makes the perfect blend of shit to get as many people who eat shit to like it as possible, you could say they have the 'perfect blend of shit.' It's not perfect as in infallible or irrefutably perfect in quality you fucking blueberry ape, it's perfect in that it's going to strike gold with a lot of people, like >>385885572 said.

You are gay and dumb. Count yourself lucky that you're not next to me or I'd honor my family's traditions by slapping you with a freshly caught trout of vengeance from my local pond of trials. The son of a shepherd takes no shame in punishing simple minded fools.
>>
>>385885706
It's perfect for the time you idiot.
>>
File: bfzzSNa.jpg (41KB, 620x423px) Image search: [Google]
bfzzSNa.jpg
41KB, 620x423px
>>385886229
Aye, go ahead and shed some fucking light into it. You know apparently more than I do.
>>
>>385886229
Maybe he saw the second one, but even then I think it was on just a heavily urbanized island. I would like a game similar to pubgs with a theme like Blame!
>Constantly expanding city/shrinking mega city
>environmental dangers
This game does the genre horribly, I wish a super competent dev would give it a shot.
>>
>>385883483
>join server
>die
>banned for being in the presence of a twitch streamer
Wtf
>>
>>385886403
It's on an island. literally just google battle royale, and it'll fucking tell you this.
>>
Game rules and for anyone who likes it is in for a treat because other devs will see it's success and create more games.

My guess is this game will be in early access indefinitely while competitors work on their own games. I just want more maps and maybe a few more weapons or vehicles. The controls can use more work but a shill told me there's be a vault or simple climb over ability soon.
>>
>>385886057
The original Battle Royale took place on an entire island you stupid weeb, at least get your weebshit right
>>
File: bVJf0S9.jpg (63KB, 422x600px) Image search: [Google]
bVJf0S9.jpg
63KB, 422x600px
>>385886603
For some fucking reason I had the new movie "The Belko Experiment" also in mind ... my bad.
I read some movie critique a while ago praising it as a "western" battle royal.
>>
Every time I watch a stream of this game it's just some guy driving around in a jeep for no apparent reason for like 20 minutes. Looks like the most boring game ever, maybe I'm just outgrowing popular games.
>>
You people could at least TRY to do the bare minimum research by yourselves. Goddamn

>Arma 2 comes out
>Some guy makes a mod to make it more fun with a single elimination battle royale
>Arma 3 comes out
>Same guy hauls all of the work over to the new engine
>meanwhile DayZ is selling like hotcakes
>Same guy gets brought on to develop with H1Z1 for its own battle royale mode
>by now this specific genre is very popular if only because there are no other games like it somehow
>its even grabbed popularity in SEA due to the film Battle Royale
>by now almost everyone knows who the guy is
>Guy is PlayerUnknown
>ironically, he is now very known
>Korean studio contacts him and wants to fund a battle royale game made from the ground up with him at the helm
>guy puts his own username in the title and shouts out to everyone "Hey I got my own BR game with blackjack and hookers (eventually)"
>every big BR name makes the switch and tells everyone else to as well
>naturally, twitch tv factor takes affect
now here we are with the most successful release* since overwatch
*indefinitely in EA

maybe there's some inaccurate details in there but whatever. someone screencap this and just post it at the start of every pubg thread
>>
>>385885454
Oh no. Not the streamers!

>streamers are cancer paid to stream and popularize garbage games!
>except when their opinion suddenly matters because I agree with it!
>>
>>385883483
If only we got LOU:MP with 100 players... that would triump this shit so hard
>>
Reminder, that there are unironic degenerate shill/shills browsing these threads to """"promote"""" this shit.
>>
>le if you cannot get x4 scope you auto lose game
>>
>>385886829

Imagine being so stupid that you believe that /v/ is one person
>>
>>385886948
Imagine being so stupid that you believe your opinion matters, no matter who you are
>>
>>385886816
pretty close to accurate though, weird start for the genre. I wonder if this shit will fizzle out or become popular.
>>
>>385886816
>most successful release*

Why the actual fuck do you shills think that we give a fuck about whether something is popular?

We aren't stockholders, go take this argument to /biz/.
>>
>>385883483
>How is this game different from every other survival games out there with the same formula?

other survival games are about crafting, building, and fighting NPCs like zombies or monsters.
this game is about 100 people getting dropped on an abandoned island and told to kill each other until only one is left alive.
>>
>>385886793
it's a thing some people do

>drop from plane wherever the loot you want is
>gear up then find a car
>follow safe circles

you either then hide in a house or drive around looking for runners to splatters until you run out of gas
>>
>>385887064

When your opinion can reach thousands of people it does
>>
>>385887064
imagine being so butthurt about a post you make a reply

wait fuck
>>
>>385883483
PC mongs happy they finally have a game hyping it up despite knowing it's shit, same thing with Nintendobabies and Splatoon.
>>
>>385887194
weapons and attachments help. I'm fiend for shit that lets me do that. Especially when I don't have to deal with that other shit you mentioned.
>>
>>385886793
Or maybe you're just retarded enough to watch other people play like retards, like the cuck you are.
>>
>>385887194
It went from minecraft survival with zombies and guns to an open world CS deathmatch

It's no surprise it's popular, there's no other games like it.
>>
File: 1499874178240.png (102KB, 294x272px) Image search: [Google]
1499874178240.png
102KB, 294x272px
>>385883483
first off its not the same formula if you mean by survival battle royale, cuz this game is not the survival i think ure thinking.

you can still compare to h1z1 but its not the same thing, its just the same thematic anon, why did it blow up? idk its pretty fun
>>
>>385887257
even then, it really doesn't. In the grand scheme of universal evolution, not a damn thing matter.
>>
>>385886945
>not stockpiling frags, smokies, and bangers
literally all you need to win a game
>>
>>385887371

>it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of the universe!

holy fucking shit you are retarded
>>
>>385887441
Objective truth
>>
>>385887280
it was the same with cowadoody crowd on xbox in 07 and 09 and the last of us crowd on ps3 and and the dark souls crowd on everything

so what's your fucking point?
>>
>>385887135

The topic of this thread is literally the commercial success of the game, you weird little man.
>>
>>385887135
>OP asks why it blew up so much
>answer why it blew up so much
>WTF ///WE/// DON'T CARE WHY IT BLEW UP
consider deleting your post
and stop using ""we"" when referring to yourself and only yourself
>>
>>385886114
survival aspects suck because you have to waste time doing things just to make sure you don't die rather than actually progressing or actively doing anything

it's like working a dead end job in real life, working just to exist, video games are supposed to be fun
>>
>>385887367
>ure
>cuz

I see youtube has decided to start posting.
>>
>>385887498

That ultimately means nothing to what's happening right now. Fuck off, you are too stupid to be having this conversation.
>>
>>385884732
>sell me on the game
>"no"
>fuck you shill fucking marketer fuck
I feel like I'm missing context to this reply chain
>>
>>385887371
>not a damn thing matter

Then just off yourself faggot.
>>
>>385884747
>third most played game on steam
>you can't get it to work
>you assume the problem is the game's fault not yours
>>
>>385887573
You're too much of a dullard to see passed yourself. Go read a book you pleb.
>>
>>385887357
>It's no surprise it's popular, there's no other games like it.
this exactly.
the whole battle royale idea literally did not exist outside of mods for an obscure milsim that only autists know about. PUBG is the first standalone game of this genre

its kind of similar to dota - at first it was just an obscure mod in an old RTS game. then the guy who made the mod gets hired by a studio to make a standalone game out of his mod, and said game proceeds to blow up like crazy.
>>
>>385885765
>Overwatch is literally CS:GO with tweaked rules
>OMG why are people calling it a casual game
>>
>>385887670

Am I being baited? Nobody is actually this stupid right?
>>
>>385887651
>I feel like I'm missing context to this reply chain

Probably because you can't read too good now can you Tyrone?

Here's the real greentext faggotry:

>ur all retards u haven't played game
>sell me on the game then
>"no"
>then fuck off faggot

He's not even a shill, he's worse than a shill.
>>
>>385887135
>guys leave this shill thread and join the thread for the game I'm shilling
Every time I think people can't drive a word harder into the ground, /v/ finds a new word.
>>
>>385887702
in retrospect, it seems really weird that nobody has made a standalone battle royale game before

i mean, it's such a basic concept
>>
tsl error fucking sucks

every time I open inventory I get it
>>
>>385887885
There's that H1Z1 king of the hill game but apparently it sucks balls
>>
>>385887885
There's the Culling
>>
>>385883483
Marketing.
>>
>>385887736
Overwatch is a casual game.
>>
>>385887885
does the standalone dayz count? or is that disqualified for having npcs?
>>
>>385887814
>ur all retards u haven't played the game
does nothing to change my understanding of the post. How the fuck do you call someone a shill when their response to
>sell me on it
is
>fuck off
All I see is someone calling people that call the game something it isn't retarded, and than telling you to fuck off when you ask him to sell you the game. Pretty shill.
>>
>>385887702
>>385887885
Right, except that one standalone game that sold over a million copies and is *still* the 4th most played game on steam.
>>
>>385888061
>How the fuck do you call someone a shill when their response to

I don't know anon, like I said, it's probably time to learn to read.
>>
File: 1487397803317.jpg (38KB, 611x857px) Image search: [Google]
1487397803317.jpg
38KB, 611x857px
>>385888182
>y-you just don't get it
>it's so obvious
If you say so. I still think you should learn a new insult.
>>
>>385883801
>literally the only battle royale in the market
Theres an Arma mod, H1Z1 and The Culling.
>>
>>385888282
>insult

It's a suggestion. Since you either really can't read, or are just trolling. Nobody mentioned "shill" at all in the comment chain you're talking about.

Either way, you're a retard.
>>
File: the culled.jpg (119KB, 754x434px) Image search: [Google]
the culled.jpg
119KB, 754x434px
>>385888308
PlayerUnknown made the first two of those and the Culling got fucking ruined
Seriously The Culling was top contender for the battle royale spotlight and then the devs fucked it. it was so fucking good at first. it was perfect even. and then they just fucking raped it and murdered it and then raped its corpse for no fucking reason.
its outright depressing what happened to that game
>>
>>385889581

What actually happened? All I know is it suddenly died one day, got an update that brought a few people back, and quickly died again.
>>
>>385885175
>paid lootboxes
the misinformation around this is honestly hilarious.
if anyone is curious about the truth here it is. the paid lootboxes are ONLY available during this next month for that invitational shit, and the proceeds go towards charity, prize pool, and to running the event itself. once the month is done they will be removed from the game. this information can be found in the blogpost found on their site, look for yourself.
mind you I wasn't directing this post to you, I just felt like putting it out somewhere.
>>
>>385889641
At first they fiddled with the melee combat mechanics, some for better some for worse.
Then they added a whole new lighting engine that fucked up performance for half of the playerbase
Then they fucked up the melee combat system beyond belief
Then after a while they released a complete overhaul patch that included lootboxes, a new map I think, and even more fucked up combat
I lost track after that because that whole clusterfuck soured me beyond belief.
>>
>>385889928

Now it makes sense why the game died so fast. Thanks anon
>>
File: andre 3000.jpg (110KB, 592x767px) Image search: [Google]
andre 3000.jpg
110KB, 592x767px
>>385883483
this game just overtook csgo in players. its going to get even bigger, 100%.

I have 90 hours played and will keep going so long as they progress the game. two updates ive seen have. this first person update will too.

I first played the dayz mod on ARMA 2 in 2012. that was great fun, but this is such a better and more refined game. though they are not the same, very similar.

any buttmad faggot that is salty this game is popular is probably someone that doesn't own it. I'm looking at you greasy faggot console owners who refuse to get a PC like any normal person with a brain.

Game is the best of the genre and will only git bigger and better. MIne as well screencap. I will be right.
>>
>be bad at the game
>call it shit

lmao. bet these faggots believe playing passively and hiding for the entire game is viable
>>
>>385889798
Damn, so the complaint was a bunch of bullshit nothings? Didn't even realize it was that irrelevant.
>>
>>385886305
culling had 12k max players all time.
http://steamcharts.com/app/437220

it was never successful
>>
>>385883801
Name 5 things legitimately wrong with PUBG
>>
>>385885175
I don't really care about the lootboxes.
>>
>>385890065
Be selective with your camping, bait with cars, doors, and footsteps. One wrong step into a bathroom and I got you dead to rights. With an iron pan (I like to add insult to injury)
>>
>>385888503
>Nobody wants to play your shitty game.
>>
File: 1465336765482.png (63KB, 313x230px) Image search: [Google]
1465336765482.png
63KB, 313x230px
>>385883483
>Why does this blow up so much?
Because it did the Battle Royale formula right for once
>Interesting Combat
>A large variety of guns and more being added
>Physics that don't allow for autistic strats (Ex: jumping around corners all the time in H1Z1)
>Loot system that feels rewarding

I've sunk about 70 hours into the game already and nothing can top it so far for me
>>
>>385890103
yeah, it totally doesn't matter at all and they aren't even personally profiting over it.
>>
>>385889798
I think the worry is more about the precedent it will set. Not that I care a whole lot if someone wants to play with a pink dildo ghillie suit.
>>
Because they fucking UPDATE IT WITH NEW SHIT.
Day Z would literally still be the king of the roost if it had ever updated at all ever. It had 3 FULL GOD DAMNED YEARS sitting with no updates, then h1z1 came out. They realized people liked battle royale more than the main game so they split the two games in development, and basically threw away the survival one. Battlegrounds took the good parts from H1Z1 and stripped the boring survival elements out of them and left a plain jane battle royale. As long as they keep providing new content, and updating the game be it with new guns, new weather effects, ANYTHING, as long as it's more than minute optimization changes and bug fixes, people will continue to play. It's why people continue to play league, there's new content all the time.

this FPS and TPS split is going to be a huge divisive factor in the game, because we all know one is going to be developed or pandered to more heavily, and I ahve a feeling it will be FPS, meaning everyone's who crying and pissing their pants about having to play the game instead of rubbing your character's face into a tree trunk will probably fuck off and shrink the game's pb down significantly.

but iunno we'll find out in a few months.
>>
File: That'll be $2.49 + tip.jpg (95KB, 620x600px) Image search: [Google]
That'll be $2.49 + tip.jpg
95KB, 620x600px
>>385890854
>I think the worry is more about the precedent it will set.
a little late for that innit?
Valve already set the precedent 3 separate times and succeeded 3 separate times
I never understood why this was a point of contention NOW when its been in place for half a decade.
is it truly only okay if valve does it?
>>
>>385884492
>people are just bored of your general FPS shit
>Siege is at 20 million players
>CS is still the most played
>COD is still bestseller
yeah they are lmao
>>
This genre will see a lot of copycats in the near future from AAA publishers.

They tried MMOs, MOBAs and Minecraft. Now this is a lot easier for them to make a clone out of.
>>
>>385890854
Valve literally lead the way with lootboxes that required money to open. It's too late.
>>
File: autism.jpg (15KB, 269x269px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
15KB, 269x269px
WARNING WARNING WARNING
>>
>>385883483

DayZ audience slurped it up.

Devs are incompetent and will leave it in "development limbo" for the next 5 years while the playerbase tries to search for the next "DayZ" clone.
>>
>>385892396
Nah. Companies have tried and it's not something that they can replicate. massive scale attempts at this, as in, games on console that have to support millions of players online simultaneously don't have the netcode to support nigh-flawless 100 person matches, much less large scale maps without huge draw distance issues or something else, plus there's an extreme demand for polish and things looking good even if they're borderline nonfunctional in modern AAA releases, and these types of games are so difficult to tweak and optimize that the few companies working on battle royale games (I know there are a few.) won't have them ready till mid 2020 at the very earliest, and I expect them to get scrapped by that point.. I'm interested in seeing how the game functions on xbone because of this, since ARK on ps4 is pretty fuckin bad, but it still works at least.
>>
>>385891828
He means the elitists. Not the fodder.
>>
File: images.png (9KB, 316x160px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
9KB, 316x160px
LETS

GO
>>
>>385890276

Right but the guy i was replying to said pubg sucks but is literally the only game of its kind and any other battle royale game would surpass it, which the culling shows to not be true
>>
>>385883914
Fuck this e celeb normie shit come play some fox hole.
>>
>>385883483
because unlike all the other open world survival mp games this one is more competitive it forces you to move in to a small area and gets you really exited when you make it to the final few
>>
>>385883483
It cut away all the worthless bloat and shit like managing food and games taking several hours.
It condensed the core Battle Royale experience into 30 minute matches where you can instantly get into another match if you die.
The gameplay is just the right amount of arcade and tactical. Your HP is just a bar to fill instead of localized damage, the cars are easy to drift and bikes can make hilarious jumps, yet the shooting requires precision and has decent ballistics.
THERE'S ACTUAL BLOODY FIREFIGHTS. People dont die instantly unless shot with a sniper in the head which is fairly fucking rare unless you make yourself an easy target, so things like flanking, suppressing, trading shots, grenades and so forth get used.
>>
>>385894907
one thing I've learned about the difficulty of aiming in games like this is if you're fast, people usually can't hit you, so it's okay to move.
>>
>>385890572
Retard.

The point is that nobody wanted to play his favourite game.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>385889798
Great, so we can look forwards to months of pure bullshit. As opposed to it being permanently bullshit.
>>
>>385895019
And its great. It means taking a shot is a calculated risk of revealing your position if you cant kill them.

I've been playing hundreds of hours of Siege the past few months and that game has really started to grind my nerves in high tier ranked.
Everyone dies in microseconds of seeing each other. Armor doesnt matter. People abuse the shitty netcode with high ping. There are no firefights because everyone dies the instant they see each other.
PUBG is a much more tactical and slower paced game where actual strategies and tactics get utilized because people can actually take a couple of hits before going down and if you let them take cover they can heal up.
>>
>>385890337
It's in early access.

It's only a multiplayer versus game.

It looks just as drab as all the other survival games of its ilk.

It will have paid lootboxes for ANY period of time.

People have the ability to change to a third person view.
>>
>>385895485
I've stopped playing Siege for several months, I've never touched ranked but I used to be pretty good in casual.

I came back to the game recently and it seems everyone has gotten better and I'm back to where I was when I started, a few lucky kills here and there and generally getting outplayed.
>>
>>385883483
it's not a survival game, it's a 30 min top battle royale in an shrinking map.
>>
>>385895618
I despise Siege these days. When I was a shitter like everyone else the game was much slower which worked with the premise.
But in high ranks everyone has decent aim which combined with extreme accuracy while moving and nanosecond tier time to kill makes the game incredibly frustrating.
I dont know how PUBG will turn out, but at least for now its been a much more enjoyable experience since the time to kill is long. But I'd expect it wont go all the way to Siege tier cancer, since you need to stop moving if you want to hit shit at medium range.
>>
>>385896495
not to mention there's literally nothing new with Siege nowadays.

I think the scumminess level they're getting at is pretty close to 'lootboxes' with all the dumb skins
>>
Having just got into the game yesterday and already dumped 15 hours into it, it just gets the genre right. I played DayZ when it first started but I skipped all the others in the genre since they've all seemed to make the same mistakes. This game has
>quick matches, 30 minutes maximum
>quick restarts when you die
>varied terrain and a good size for 100 players
>better-than-average vehicle physics, at least for the genre which is mostly ARMA-tier garbage physics
>decent ballistics, gun customization, gun availability (no more being stuck with literal trash if you don't loot the airfield)
>higher-than-average TTK which means firefights actually happen and it's possible to kill someone even if they shoot you first
>a constantly-shrinking battlefield to prevent excessive camping and focus players together as people start dying
>a massive playerbase (at least for the foreseeable future) which means finding games is instant and there's always a spread of skill from high-tier to completely new to the game in matches
>modes that allow for solo play and various sizes of group play, without having 1 v 5 situations like others in the genre
That's all I can think of right now. It's definitely not flawless but it's the best incarnation of the genre that exists right now so if you have any interest in battle-royale king-of-the-hill type games then this is your one option.
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.