[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yes a successor to PlayStation All-Stars is happening. Yes everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 307
Thread images: 38

Yes a successor to PlayStation All-Stars is happening. Yes everything that leaker said was true.

Expect a reveal this fall. And it will definitely remove "All Stars Battle Royale from the title. Also Game Arts is developing. While they tweeted something about it when someone asked they're obviously not going to reveal that they are working on the game.
>>
File: 1451869753325.jpg (74KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1451869753325.jpg
74KB, 400x400px
Does anyone actually WANT a sequel to PS All Stars?
>>
>>385878691
Ps4 fans?
>>
no clue if any of this is true (and too lazy to check) but they would be wasting potential by not including more FF characters. they should include FF characters like smash does it with FE. just all the favourites. needs at least cloud (already in the pic), squall, zidane, tidus, lightning and for the "new" fans one of the ff15 fags.

also some tales of characters are a nobrainer to me.
>>
Can someone post some fucking definitive proof. There have been so many fucking PlayStation All-Stars 2 rumors jesus christ.
>>
So um, is this real?
>>
>>385879630
It's not going to happen because Sony is run by cunts who got angry that Playstation All-Stars didn't sell
>>
>>385878691
Yeah, sure. If it's done right this time.
>>
>>385878285
You got a source their pal? Otherwise I'm going to assume you're talking out of your ass.
>>
Sony just make this fucking game already. The first game failed cause you forgot it existed and sent it our to die.
>>
File: C7OM9hdV4AAqZtA.jpg large.jpg (237KB, 1466x1273px) Image search: [Google]
C7OM9hdV4AAqZtA.jpg large.jpg
237KB, 1466x1273px
I liked PSAS honestly, If it had a bit more work put into it it could have been great
post characters you'd want for a sequel
>>
File: Hero-AoA-Header-720x340.jpg (74KB, 720x340px) Image search: [Google]
Hero-AoA-Header-720x340.jpg
74KB, 720x340px
I hope best boy is in.
>>
PSAS > any smash title

donte empty cancelling > any garbage "mechanics" from smash
>>
just don't fuck up kakeru's model again
>>
File: latest[1].png (115KB, 404x436px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
115KB, 404x436px
This guy.
>>
>>385881394
I agree, best boy Akechi should be in.
>>
I hope Dart and Abe are in it this time.
>>
File: 1386548588529.jpg (735KB, 600x693px) Image search: [Google]
1386548588529.jpg
735KB, 600x693px
>>385878285
I'm the PSASBR guy. I post in these threads whenever they show up and I catch them. I know a great deal about the game and other anons usually have questions for me.

The original was not considered a failure by Sony, and they were surprised at how well the game was received and sold. Their expectations for the first one were rock bottom and they barely trusted SuperBot. Do not fool yourself into thinking a sequel is unlikely because the game didn't blow up and make GOAT of all time fighting game.

As long as they stick with the gameplay of the first one while refining its intricacies and balancing, the game will be a treat.
>>
>>385882826
When did you last see the demo again? And when will the game be revealed?
>>
Friendly reminder that PSASBR sold over a million copies combined, which isn't bad for a game that was pretty much ignored for being a "Smash rip-off".
>>
>>385882826
Is the super system gone? And is it just life bars with a super meter that builds up one ultimate attack?
>>
>>385882826
Can you tell us some of the characters that are going to be in this time?

Also if you are not bullshitting (which i don't know if you are or aren't) just post some proof pls.
>>
>>385882826
DON'T FUCK UP THE ANIME CHARACTERS AGAIN
>>
>Calypso
I'd actually buy it if that was true.
>>
I thought the leaker was a member of the press and didn't work for Sony...
>>
>>385878285
>order 1886 character
>bioshock
>knack
why
>>
>>385882826
Who is gonna develop the game this time around?
>>
>>385878691

Sonybros will take anything from sony up the ass.
>>
>>385882826
If you know a great deal about the game, prove it.
>>
Every fucking month there's a PlayStation All-Stars rumor and I just want fucking something that can be legitimate that isn't some anon on /v/ being full of shit.
>>
>>385883338
The only thing that I have personally seen is a very limited demo, it was only a 1v1 between two characters on the training stage, and it was just after the the release of Ratchet and Clank PS4. I am not involved with the development of a new game. If anybody has said I am, they are misinformed.

>>385883482
The super system was not gone in the demo I saw. Which is a good thing. The game needs t to stay true to its super only kill style. Another HP drain fighter is not going to do it, and trying to compete with the likes of Street Fighter and Tekken is foolish. There is a different niche to fill in the mascot fighter games, and the super system gives it the flair and style needed to compete with Super Smash Brothers, its only adequate comparison.
>>
>>385884162
Ok this conflicts with another "leaker" which said life bars would be replacing the supers only to kill.

And also posted the characters and stages he has seen.

So yeah one of you guys is lying, Better show some proof.
>>
>>385884162
Who were the characters? And who is developing the game if you know. Is it Game Arts?
>>
OK SOMEONE JUST SHOW SOME FUCKING PROOF ALREADY
>>
>>385883574
>>385883591
>>385883786
I do not know because I am not a part of the development of the sequel. I am only aware of two characters that will be included, as they were the two in the showcase, but they are both obvious candidates that would not surprise any of you. That's about all I can say in regards to the sequel.

>>385883786
What would you like to know? If you ask me something that I do not know the answer to, I will tell you that I do not know. If you ask me something that I cannot give the answer to, I will tell you that as well. My knowledge is of the original, not of the sequel.
>>
>>385878285
LOCOROBO BOIS HOLY SHIT
>>
>>385884162
Lol if they went back to the supers only to kill the game will fail again. That was like the most common critique of the original.

Yeah sorry man, unless you give proof I don't think anyone is gonna believe you.

And lol just because the game has life bars doesn't mean it will get compared to Street Fighter and Tekken. It's gonna get compared to Smash Bros. regardless no matter what. No one is ever gonna fucking compare this to Tekken.
>>
>>385884679
So, what the fuck do you know about this game other than it's happening. Like just give us all the small little details you can. Cause you ain't giving us much
>>
>>385884679
Lol you've been giving the most vague ass answers. It's obvious you are just lying. The other leaker is way more legit than you sorry.
>>
>>385882826
IS THIS REAL OR FAKE STOP AVOIDING IT

Also could it be since you saw the game a year ago that it might have changed in development and you are not aware of the changes since you're not involved.
>>
>>385884398
I am not a leaker, and that post was not made by me. Speaking from my personal experience, stages come very late in development and it strikes me as odd that resources would be spent there in early development. One character is made as a means of which to build the engine around. This character was Sweet Tooth in the first game.

I am not saying that this leaker is a liar, I am just saying that it is odd to me given what I know of the first game's development.

>>385884550
Do not get over excited about the two characters, they were not anything that is unexpected. They were created to test the game engine and to showcase it.
>>
>>385882826
This guy legit or nah?
>>
>>385885384
How were you shown a test demo of the game but you don't know who is developing?

Also that leaker said he saw the game this year, not last year.
>>
>>385885384
Do you know why Sony decided to take another got at this? They seemed to act like the original never happened. Will they dumping more money and development time to this title?

Also why haven't they revealed it yet? And do you know when its scheduled for release.
>>
No lie him mentioning Sweet Tooth was the character created to test the engine is kinda making me think that he's legit.

Also why were you shown this game, and why haven't you got an a opportunity since? Does Sony seem more confident in this title than the original?
>>
I hope they're able to have a consistent artstyle for every character
>>
>>385878691
>literally no noteworthy 1st party IPs
>having to do a super to win
Its a very stupid concept to begin with.
>>
>>385882826
For real just tell us the history with this game. Like any little thing you know about it. Even the tiniest things are important.
>>
>>385882826
>As long as they stick with the gameplay of the first one while refining its intricacies and balancing, the game will be a treat.
But the gameplay was the worst part, mainly the few things they didn't rip off from smash.
>>
>>385884885
It was a common critique, but it was also a common praise. I don't hold it against anyone for not liking the system, because it is different from typical fighters. I do not think it would be a good idea for it to be replaced, but that is my opinion.

>>385885069
I do not know much of anything about the sequel other than that it is happening. My knowledge is of the original, not of the sequel.

>>385885328
They could have entirely redone everything between now and then. I was not shown much at all, and I might be able to recreate what they had shown myself if I had enough free time. It was not extensive at all and everything is always subject to change.

>>385885548
I'm not really sure which of those posts you want me to answer about, but my answer is the same to all of them. I am not part of the development of the sequel, so I can not tell you if those leaks are real or not.

>>385885681
I don't think I said I don't know the developer of the sequel. But either way, I know the developer and people on the development team, I just cannot disclose it.
>>
>>385886354
WILL GEX BE IN THE FUCKING GAME
>>
>>385886262
There was another leaker a few days ago who said he saw a demo of the game which had 9 characters. He did say that the returning characters have the same movesets but slightly altered to fit with the game's new engine.

He did say that it would be lifebars now. So something must have changed mid development cause Supers to kill only was a huge complaint in the original.
>>
>>385886354
Ah so the only thing you know is that a sequel is happening. That's good at least. Any expected release date? It can be a personal guess.
>>
>>385886354
Could you tell us if the developer is based in NA or Japan?
>>
>>385886354
Is it ok to ask, How do you know all of this? You must clearly work for Sony I guess.

Also can we expect an announcement at PSX?
>>
>>385886354
If your knowledge was of the original, could you tell use the characters (other than Dart and Abe), stages, and costumes that were cut from the game? It seemed the DLC plan was going to be much bigger than just 4 characters and 2 stages.
>>
>>385886354
Why would Sony drop Superbot if the game exceeded their expectations?
>>
I just want Crash and Spyro to be in this time for the love of god PLEASE
>>
>>385885821
Sony is taking another shot at it because they know it has potential. I cannot tell you for certain, but I believe they think they made a mistake in not pushing the original as hard as they could have. SuperBot was not given much funding, nor were they given many connections to utilize. Many developers contacted in search of IPs to utilize did not take it seriously, others treated it as a free advertising, others looked to exploit it. Sony has said many times that the game far exceeded their expectations, which is a good thing even if those expectations were low.

As for a reveal, it likely isn't far enough in development to make a reveal about. Release windows are also things to consider. Aligning with anniversaries, avoiding other major releases, targeting the beginning of summer or the holiday season. I couldn't give an accurate answer, but those are guidelines.

>>385886262
Many people confuse their frustration for the super system with the imbalance of it. Certain characters had unavoidable level one supers while others didn't haven an unavoidable super until level three. It was not fair to fight Raiden as Nariko due to the fact that it took three times as long for her to get the same results. If every character had confirms into level one supers, the game would have been much more fun to the competitive community. If I could perfectly balance the game according to my design, I would allow frame traps and reads that link into level one kills, confirms into level two kills, and level threes would potentially allow multiple kills.
>>
Put fucking Cloud in the game this time
>>
File: My skateboard neeeva stops.png (71KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
My skateboard neeeva stops.png
71KB, 640x480px
>>385878691
I did
>>
>>385878285
>Tomba
I would really prefer if you'd be quiet
>>
>>385884162
Do you have a link to that really early alpha video of them fighting on the uncharted train stage?
>>
>>385887816
Any characters that were cut from the game? And any characters that were cut as DLC that you know of?
>>
>>385888021
Not the guy, but it's on youtube.
>>
>>385886354
Is it true that Game Arts are developing the game, or is that BS?
>>
>>385887890
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiaDSmbgyMg
>>
>>385887838
And sephiroth
>>
>>385888469
The rumor is that Noctis will be the FF rep in the game since Cloud is in Smash already.

But yeah I'd add Cloud, Sephiroth and Vivi.
>>
>>385886752
A personal guess on a release date is very difficult to do. Even a reveal date is very difficult. I'm sorry but I cannot really give a good window for you.

>>385887089
Personal relationships with developers of the previous game. I do not work for Sony.

>>385887181
Dart was planned to be in the base game. He was pulled due to unforeseen complications. Abe came much later and was tacked on. There are pictures online of the Gravity Rush stage that was completely finished. Other than that, nothing more was in development or planned. There actually was not a grand scale DLC line up planned due to how up in the air almost everything concerning the game was.
>>
>>385887816
Like what was the content cut from the first game. The game clearly was on a budget by looking at the menu design.
>>
>>385887838
He's too busy in Smash.
>>
>>385888930
Lol Are you Pale Gale?

And I thought Abe was planned too since the head off Oddworld Inhabitants said he was planned but cancelled.
>>
>>385888930
Yes or no, is Game Arts working on the sequel>
>>
>>385882826
>Their expectations for the first one were rock bottom and they barely trusted SuperBot

If they were so surprised then why did they destroy the dev team a few months after the game's release?
>>
>>385888930
If you don't work for Sony then how the hell are you allowed to see a demo of the sequel?
>>
>>385888930
I mean it's just a guess we won't hold you to it. Why are you uncertain that it won't get announced at PSX and release in 2018 for example?
>>
>>385878813
Lighting almost made it to battle royale, so chances are she's in the sequel
>>
>>385889631
No fucking way she is in. It will be either Noctis, Cloud or Sephiroth.
>>
>>385888930
are crash and/or spyro in thats all i really care about
>>
>>385888930
So do you think they are going to put way more effort (production, marketing etc.) into the sequel?
>>
>>385889162
I suppose I should have worded my answer differently. Dart came much sooner than Abe, as he was among the first characters concepted.

>>385889357
The general consensus is that they do not credit SuperBot's efforts to results of the game. This is not my personal belief, but many others think that Sony believes the concept of the game is what sold it and that the idea was the untapped potential. If you weren't aware, Sony has a long running history of undervaluing their affiliates.

>>385889580
Because what I had seen was not far along and all eyes are on Kingdom Hearts right now.
>>
>>385878285
It's time for some proof or just give it up. Some other guy is making threads and it's just silly now.
>>
What's the best ps4 fps
Heard battlefield 1 is good
But is it worth investing in it now?
>>
>>385889958
What does Kingdom Hearts have to do with anything.
>>
>>385878285
>all those third party characters
Lol
>>
>>385889958
The fact that you're avoiding the questions about Game Arts being the developer makes me believe that they are developing it.
>>
>>385878285
>Blasto
>without Phil Hartman voicing him

fuck you

also, most of those are NOW 3rd party characters
>>
>>385889958
Wait, is Square Enix developing this game?
>>
>>385889958
Is it true that Chimera Hybrid and Rau Utu were considered as characters?
>>
File: PSA General.jpg (221KB, 569x650px) Image search: [Google]
PSA General.jpg
221KB, 569x650px
>>385878691

I do

And I wouldn't mind if it played like the first one as long as they addressed its issues. And now, i don't mean removing supers.
>>
>>385889958
Is the game mechanically the same? Also since it's the PS4 does the game (while early) look better than the original visual wise?
>>
>>385889760
Nah son, It will be Cloud because muh ff7 pandering and Lighting, assuming we get 2 FF characters, Noctis will most likely be DLC but i really doubt it, and Sephiroth will show up as a minion
>>
>>385882826
Out of curiosity, which characters do you personally want to see that weren't in the original?
>>
>>385889246
if GA is that means we could get Grandia and Lunar characters...
>>
>>385878285
blasto is never ever. unless they have archive footage of phil hartman
>>
>>385890560
I'm not PSASBR Guy but both of them showed up in the early concept images for the game, so...
>>
>>385878285

Where the fuck are Chad Warden and Ricky Bobby?
>>
>>385890767
I hope to god minions don't come back. They need to make the game have more unlockable content and game modes like in Smash.
>>
>>385889878
Without a doubt.

>>385890113
Ask yourself: Why would any developer willingly challenge one of the most anticipated games in the last five years? It is unwise to bet against something like that. The average consumer will buy whichever game is marketed more and has more hype generated around it. It isn't a choice of fighting game vs action RPG to them, they are both action games involving fighting to typical gamers. PSASBR has almost nothing but controversy surrounding it. Kingdom Hearts has had nothing but attention and excitement around it.

I won't go much more in depth on release schedules, but companies usually avoid deadlines of others in order to avoid competition and maximize profit.
>>
I predict raz will will be in it.
>>
>>385878691
The first game was actually pretty fun. It never took off because it's still a ripoff of Smash.
>>
>>385878691
I'd love the hell out of it. First one was great for being what it was, it just never got the support its potential deserved and was thrown away like a cheap ad by Sony.
>>
>>385891042
obviously DLC, my man!
>>
>>385889357
>If they were so surprised then why did they destroy the dev team a few months after the game's release?

Did you play the game after all the balance patching they did?

I'd fucking can them too if I were Sony.

>You know how Sir Dan's moveset is largely useless, doesn't string together at all, and his supers are heavily dependent on reads?
>Let's fucking nerf him
>>
File: 1454321500818.jpg (563KB, 2244x2644px) Image search: [Google]
1454321500818.jpg
563KB, 2244x2644px
>>385878285
>that artstyle
>all those characters
it's fake
>>
this will live or die by the roster
if it doesn't have SOLID FUCKING SNAKE (not old or venom) i have no interest
>>
>>385891062
Ok that makes sense. But I think KH3 is gonna get delayed to 2019.

But like I assume they are not releasing within 3 months of eachother. Unless PSASBR2 is going to be released in the next fiscal year I assume.
>>
>>385878285
Why?
This is another Knack 2.
>>
>>385878691

People who hate a Super Mario for some a reason?
>>
>>385891062
I still think it would be a weird that seemed to be in development since 2014 not to get announced this year.
>>
>>385891062
Are you Verendus? Cause you're saying very similar things about Sony seeing the game having potential.
>>
>>385891062
Yeah Game Arts is developing the game aren't they.

Make sense since they worked on Smash Bros. Brawl, and the TMNT Smash game. Also they haven't released anything since 2015. It's all adding up.
>>
>>385890560
Considered, yes. Many characters were considered and thought about. Getting the right to use them is an entirely different story because developers are stingy with their IPs. Any kind of collaboration work is astounding to me because it's such a tremendous pain.

>>385890661
The demo that I saw was mechanically identical but seemed to play more smoothly and the two characters that I saw looked worse than the original game because there was almost no polish on it.

>>385890829
Onion Knight is my number one, followed by Spyro. Dart and Abe are also on my list, primarily because I saw them in the first one but never got to use them. Dr. Nefarious was planned for the original but reused as the stage hazard due to time constraints, I would very much like to see him in the sequel. Captain Quark would have been amazing as well. More villains would be wonderful, but many of the Playstation antagonists are larger than life type villains and difficult to concept kits for.
>>
Looks aight but they really need to rework some shit, especially win conditions. Landing a super move to end the match? Sounds cool on paper but you basically always know how rounds are going to end and it doesnt feel like theres a lot of room for a last second clutch read when you and your opponent are going for the same exact thing late in rounds
>>
>>385891315
The pics weren't meant to be a leak.
>>
>>385891315
No shit, sherlock
>>
>>385892096
Is it possible that the game changed mechanics from the last time you saw it?

Also since Activision and Sony are more close this generation, do you think it would be much easier to acquire Crash and Spyro?
>>
>>385891062
Okay but Kindgom Hearts isn't the only big game coming out next year. Just because big games are coming out in a year doesn't mean that you can't release your game the same year.
>>
>>385892096
Any word on the 3rd parties that can be involved this time?
>>
I hope they change the "only supers matter" for scoring. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?
>>
>>385886354
When's the last time you heard any info on the sequel?
>>
File: 1486239223010.jpg (36KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486239223010.jpg
36KB, 480x480px
>>385878691
I would
I personally think it has a ton of potential
And if it does reveal I would love to see changes from the first
>>
>>385891434
I would not count on Kingdom Hearts getting delayed. People seriously underestimate Nomura's genuine love and passion for the series, and he hasn't had any projects standing in his way since FF15 finished. I will be surprised if it gets delayed.

Another reason I would say that it is difficult to even give a reveal window is because I saw the very unrefined two character demo, which I would rather call an engine test because of how bare bones it was, just after Ratchet and Clank came out last year. I literally launched into the stage with the characters chosen. There was no menuing, no UI aside from the special meters, absolutely nothing.

>>385891802
See the second half of the above answer.

>>385892606
It's entirely possible, they could entirely scrap what I saw and it would probably only set them back a month or two of work. I believe Crash is very realistic for this one. Crash was only just outside of reach for the first one. Spyro is likely still impossible.
>>
>>385893080
Rumor is life bars from another thread a few days ago. I hope that on is true since he did mention the returning characters have the same movesets. Also mentioned some awesome stages and that Crash, Spyro, Noctis, and Morgana from Person 5 are gonna be in the game.
>>
PS4 owner here

um, who cares. its trash.
>>
>>385893291
Why are you telling us this? Are you scared you might lose your job?
>>
>>385878285
As long as I get a Patapon character, they can have whoever the fuck they want.
>>
>>385893291
I'm more than ever sure that Game Arts is developing this game.
>>
Kiryu better be in this game.
>>
>>385893291
Will the development team more feedback from the fans this time around? I feel like the communication with the fans on the last game was so bad it was laughable.
>>
>>385893291
Did the #ReleaseDart campaign make Sony realize that there is actual demand for a sequel? And how was it like for Sony Santa Monica to hire those people to learn the code of the original just to make that balance patch.
>>
I'll just copy and paste what the other guy said was in the game a couple days ago cause it sounds so fucking cool.

>Kratos
>Parappa
>Crash
>Spyro
>Ratchet
>Nathan Drake
>Aloy
>Morgana
>Noctis

>PlayStation Arena
>Crash: Wumpa Island (crosses over with Horizon Zero Dawn)
>Persona: Mementos (crosses over with Wipeout)
>Tearaway (crosses over with Vib Ribbon)
>>
>>385894406
Those stages sound fucking awesome.

I hope to god that is real. And the life bars too, I didn't mind the super kills mechanic but a lot of people were turned off by it so you need to switch it up next time.
>>
>>385893291
Please tell me Sony won't fuck with the developer this time and that they'll help get 3rd parties involved that fans want.
>>
File: 1496606932728.jpg (172KB, 400x566px) Image search: [Google]
1496606932728.jpg
172KB, 400x566px
>>385894406
Praying for some Gitaroo Man representation
>>
>>385892737
Of course not. Little games can still come out alongside big games. Announcements alongside big games do not work out so well because they end up swept away.

>>385892882
It's anyone's guess. The SuperBot took anything they could get their hands on the first time around. I would guess developers are willing to offer up more this time around.

>>385893086
Last year.

>>385893552
I like to reminisce about the original and fellow anons are excited to hear about it. Old men just like to be listened to. I have no fear of losing my job over anything that I have said. There are only a few things I know that I absolutely cannot say. I'm not walking in a minefield because I don't have a lot of concrete information regarding the sequel.

>>385894115
Something fans have trouble understanding, SuperBot listened and heard their fans all the time. Often, they did not have the power to change what the fans wanted. The balance team was also too inexperienced to know how to avoid some of the unaddressable issues they created.

>>385894224
Sony knew there was demand for a sequel before anyone outside the team knew Dart was that far along. Sony continuing support for the game through SSM is the proof of that. Unfortunately, SSM had to work against amateurish code and framework in order to work on the game and it slowly became not worth it to continue. That balance patch also somehow managed to be worse than SuperBot's balance patches, which is funny to me.
>>
>>385894406
that roster is fucking garbage, enjoy your shitty smash clone featuring amazing franchises from Guerilla and Naughty Dog, sonyfags
>>
>>385895332
Will the sequel at least come out on the PS4?

I hope to see the game sooner rather than later, I've been waiting 5 years for a sequel.
>>
>>385895332
I hope the game pans out this time, fans have begun losing hope for a sequel.
>>
>>385895332
So has early development been going well? Better compared to the early development of the original?
>>
>>385895332
Were Shuhei and Yoshida big proponents in pushing for a sequel?

There was an interview with Yoshida about another All Stars and he said " “I'd like to see us come back to the idea,” but “maybe not the same mechanic.”"

Full article here http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/12/shuhei-yoshida-never-say-never-on-a-playstation-all-stars-sequel-insomniac-creating-an-xbox-one-exclusive-is-part-of-growing-up/
>>
>>385896462
Shawn Layden and Shuhei* My bad lol
>>
>>385895332
Are you sure this is still even in development? Sony refuses to acknowledge the last game exists and people are losing hope that it will even happen anymore.
>>
>>385895332
Personally, do you like the sound of the other person claiming to see a recent demo of the game? The roster and stages sound really fucking cool imo
>>
I have a few questions for you guys. I've answered a lot of you, I think it would be fair if you would answer a few for me.

Which characters from the first game did you have the most fun playing as?

Which characters from the first game would you be most disappointed to not see return?

Why did you like or dislike the super system from the original?

Which era of Playstation (PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4) is the most important to you personally? What makes it stand out to you?

Which new characters would you like to see from each respective era?
>>
>>385896951

>Sir Dan
>Sir Dan
>Sir Dan's supers were shit
>PS1, the Sir Dan era
>Tuxedo Dan
>>
>>385896951
>Sackboy
>Big Daddy
>I liked it, it was kinda fun
>PS2, it was Playstation at it's peak
>Ps1: Crash. Ps2: Sora. Ps3: Joel. Ps4: Knack
>>
>>385880768
But they said PSASBR waa profitable
>>
>>385896951
>Radec, Nathan Drake and Emmett Graves
>Radec, Emmett Graves, and Fat Princess
>I personally didn't mind the super system, but I would prefer a life bar system. It would make the matches a lot more unpredictable. Plus some of the supers for some characters were way better than others.
>PS2 is the one I grew up with and remember. But I feel like PS1 should get the most focus.
>For PS! I'd take Dart, Abe, Crash, Spyro, Cloud and Snake. PS2 I'd add The King of the Cosmos from Katamari, Rau Utu, Wander from Shadow of the Colossus, and Raz from Psychonauts. PS3 I'd add Chimera Hybrid. PS4 I'd take Aloy and Bloodborne Hunter
>>
>Game Arts

Oh my God that's hilarious if true. Enjoy Brawl 2.0.
>>
>>385896951
Whoever's in, I just want them to be PLAYSTATION all stars. As much as I liked the inclusion of the Big Daddy, it ain't a PS exclusive.
>>
>>385896904

>Sly and Spike
>Sir Dan, Radec, and Emmett
>It made the roster super imbalanced.
>PS1
>PS1 Tomba PS2 King of the Cosmos PS3 Chimera Hybrid PS4 Knack
>>
>>385896951
>sir dan, ratchet and clank and jak and daxter
>sir dan and toro
>way too unbalanced, some characters had supers they could confirm into without even thinking while others had supers you could tech out of effortlessly
>PS1 and PS2 had the largest variety in genres and had the most influence on me growing up, I feel like the PS3 era is a largely forgettable but positive memory
>crash and spyro obviously, vibri for PS1, nightmare from soul calibur, CJ from GTA: SA, prince of the cosmos, and Raz for PS2, I feel like PS3 was almost over represented in the first game, some more obscure titles should get the spotlight here, and for PS4 2B, hunter from bloodborne (with a fluted knight costume)
>>
>>385878691
I honestly thought the first game was pretty fun, just rifled with bad roster choices and trying to compete with the upcoming Smash 4.
>>
>>385878691
Yeah, if they fix the problems it had. I mean I NEED more SMB-like games in my life, and the ones on pc don't have a storymode from what I heard.
>>
>>385897979
>A Gta character
Hell no
>>
>>385878285
Jesus christ the art on this game is terrible.
>>
File: in2nep2.jpg (52KB, 383x518px) Image search: [Google]
in2nep2.jpg
52KB, 383x518px
It's me, yo
>>
>>385882826
So is that why they shitcanned Superbot after the first week?
>>
>>385898058
That's because it's fanart.
>>
>>385896951
It was a terrible game.

Terrible.
>>
>>385895814
>>385895976
>>385896285
As I have mentioned before, I am not involved with the development. The demo I saw seemed like a good foundation to build on though.

>>385896772
Absolutely positive.

>>385896904
The sound of his actual leak does not seem likely to me due to how development road maps usually are, and it is slightly odd given something I already know about the characters, but things could have changed and I could be entirely wrong. As for the content he describes, the only thing that I do not like is Noctis as a Final Fantasy rep. I believe Onion Knight or Lightning would be the best Final Fantasy rep, and only because Cloud is already in use. Aloy and Morgana sound like great additions to the cast, and that Crash/HZD stage would be very cool if it's how I envision it.
>>
>>385898173
No shit, sherlock.
>>
>>385897752
I like brawl
>>
>>385878285
Literally who are half of those characters.
>>
>>385896951
I would like some Patapon and Team Buddies, please. I will accept a background appearance for Team Buddies. Also: something from Resistance to go along with Killzone.
>>
>>385898232
God I hope Lightning isn't in. I'd rather have Sephiroth or Noctis.
>>
>>385898429
I always wanted a Chimera Hybrid to go against Radec.
>>
File: 1501543207339.jpg (10KB, 310x264px) Image search: [Google]
1501543207339.jpg
10KB, 310x264px
>>385884162
>super system is not gone
I love the original but fuck that.
>>
>>385898232
What do you know about the characters...
>>
>>385896951
>Which characters from the first game did you have the most fun playing as?
Kratos of course, besides donte eletric man and raiden every other character feels pretty weak.
>>
>>385884162
If people like the game for the super system, good for them.

To me ,it made it feel like all the other shit didn't matter. With no health in opponents, damage just builds your own meter. It just felt stupid to me. Surely there's some way to make supers important while also making other attacks feel like they matter.
>>
File: judgemental doll.jpg (117KB, 804x777px) Image search: [Google]
judgemental doll.jpg
117KB, 804x777px
Realistically, how likely is it to feature something from Bloodborne?
>>
File: 1500159414116.jpg (97KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1500159414116.jpg
97KB, 850x850px
>>385878285
Is Neptune going to be in it?
>>
>>385896951
>Which new characters would you like to see from each respective era?
Where the fuck is Kutaro?
also Nep
>>
>>385898854
The SMB system with the super bar from this game would be fine as well. A really good way to balance characters with extremely powerful movesets.
>>
>>385897085
Good man.

>>385897285
What makes Big Daddy so important to you?

>>385897683
>>385897931
>>385897979
The super system was intended to make it so that comebacks are possible and require momentum. There's nothing more disappointing than watching a health bar fighter where someone is making a comeback from a sliver of HP, only to get chipped by a jab or projectile for the loss. If the supers were balanced more accurately, would you still prefer the life bar system?
>>
Klonoa and 2B would be cool to see
>>
>>385899237
I echo what >>385898854 somehwat, but I felt like the unbalance between supers with match ups like kratos and sir dan or nariko and raiden where some characters were just objectively better than others is what ended up killing the game for me
>>
>>385899237
Probably still prefer the life bars. I think it'd just make more sense really. Well just make the timed matches have stocks and there ya go.
>>
>>385899237
>What makes Big Daddy so important to you?

I don't know, i just sorta like the way he plays, and how the only reason he fought Sackboy was because he took the only thing he had

That sounds cheesy as fuck
>>
>>385878285
they should add MVC:I Dunte while Sakurai adds proper Uncle Dante
>>
>>385899237
I think that the fact that the majority of people had a problem with the super system makes me think that they should change to something else.
>>
>>385896951
Raiden

Raiden, because we'll probably never get MGR2
Kat, because she's cute
Big Daddy, because the drill is the best melee weapon in any FPS.

I didn't like it, it gave me the impression that my other attacks weren't so important. I'm fighting an opponent, I want to be doing damage to them.

Probably PS2, all those games man.

PS1: Cloud.
PS2: Ico and Yorda. Also original Dante.
PS3: Kiryu? Even though he's a PS2 character.

Maybe someone from Valkyria Chronicles.

PS4: anyone as long as it isn't Knack. Fuck Knack.

2B would be cool, though.
>>
>>385878285
>>385878691
I rather have a Sega All Stars fighting game.
>>
>>385899964
Oh boy, that would be cool, i think i saw a proof of concept some years ago, the idea was indeed very cool
>>
>>385887816
Why can't you give us definitive proof? I'm sick and tired of waiting for an announcement. Just rumors that turn out to be fake.
>>
>>385898993
Who the f**k is Neptune?
>>
>>385896904
Let's see you answer your own questions.
>>
>>385898754
The demo that I saw only had two character in it, and neither are on his list. If his list is indeed the truth, I could explain what likely happened. The characters from the demo I saw were simple and used to create the new engine. They required much more polish and they could have wanted to do additional changes to them (Updates models, new moves, etc.) or been scrapped entirely. If they were pulled for more changes, they likely got put on the back burner as further testing on the more complex characters of the game needed to be done to ensure the new engine would accept unique mechanics. Kratos' chain lock on, Parappa's boombox and Ratchet's suck cannon are a couple of things that caused problems before.

>>385898854
>>385899554
Certain attacks were made for certain purposes. Not every attack was made with the intent to hit and be super powerful. Some attacks are made to exist purely as tools to zone your opponent with and some exist in order to trap people into supers. I regret how the balance team handled a lot of things. Many of Jak's attacks were very strong in experienced and strategic hands, which is why nobody liked him on launch. Eventually he was buffed, and the buffs coupled with players finally understanding made him skyrocket in power toward the end of the game's balance cycle.

I mentioned earlier how I believe all level one supers should be able to land off of frame traps or reads, all level two supers should be able to land off a confirm hit combo, and all level three supers should just be blatantly ridiculous nonsense that can score multiple kills. The trade offs for charging longer supers are made more clear that way, level ones were for people who are good at reading and leading their opponents, level twos were made for consistency so that matches don't last forever, and level threes were the go big or go home pay out.
>>
>>385898754
I also forgot to mention that as far as I know, Spyro is unobtainable under almost any circumstance.
>>
Attacking builds meter, but only if they connect. Whiffed attacks built nothing, blocked attacks only gained a very tiny insignificant amounts. Successful hits gained meter, but the amount of meter gained was entirely based on the move. Despite what people claim, every move does in fact matter. If you are not dodging, blocking, or grabbing, the opponent gains a significant advantage over you.

The problem with the super system creaked in from the fact that it didn't function like the devs intended. Level 1's were supposed to be cheap and risky, only netting you one kill. 2s were suppose to be safer and maybe get you 2 kills. 3s were supposed to guarantee kills. As the meta evolved, the most powerful moves were in the 1 supers due to balancing issues. Characters like Raiden, Donte, and Fat Princess could confirm into their 1s with ease. Spike, Parappa and Sir Dan could confirm into 1s, but they were incredibly situational. Some characters didn't even have confirms for 1 or 2s. The 3 cost was too much for what 1 could easily accomplish and some were fucked with shitty 3s (anyone with a cinematic).

Add to that, the game's meta evolved from avoiding the ground due to air option being safer. The game had no real air combat system. You couldn't air dash/grab/super, so you ended up with a lot of matches being spent with people jumping around in the trying to get a hit confirm into their IP burst or super.

The dev's response to the meta changing was baffling. Their universal changes to bring ground game back fixed nothing. The high tier characters got a slap on the wrist while low tier suffered. Rather than give all the lower tier characters the same maneuverability and combo capabilities as high tier, they doubled down on their precious ground game. This lead to the game evolving into a dull state where only the few remaining combos and confirms would be used over and over again. The devs, being incapable of playing the game at a higher level, decided to kill it instead.
>>
>>385900950
Why?
>>
>>385900704
Just please let us know that the developers of the sequel would balance the game properly.
>>
>>385900704
The problem is if the a lot of people were turned off by the super system last time, they'll be even more unforgiving the next time. I think life bars with supers being able to do massive damage would be the way to go.
>>
>>385900704
So is Game Arts developing the game. Yes or No?
>>
>>385896951
Been reading the thread and your responses. I'm going to guess Spyro is impossible due to Activision wanting to promote Skylanders?

>Sir Dan, Kratos, Heihachi,

>Sir Dan, Heihachi

>I didn't like that the super system was the only way to get kills. It made the pace of fights VERY slow overall. Supers can stay, but give us OOB KOs.

>PS1 for sure, as it has the most Mascots for Sony. Crash, Spyro, Blasto, Laura Croft.

>Crash, Spyro, Vollnut, Zarok would make the happiest to see.
>>
>>385901745
Isn't Skylanders on its last legs though? They are not even making a new Skylanders game this year.
>>
>>385900704
So who do we thank at Sony for getting a sequel? Shuhei? Shawn Layden?

Shuhei said if they bring it back they it might not be the same mechanic. What do you say to that?
>>
>>385901925
Someone posted a rumor in a /v/ thread (which might be false so take this with a HUGE grain of salt) that we'd be getting a Spryo remaster, and Acti was pissed that Vicarious Visions didn't want to play supposed ball and use the shitty Spyro design in the remaster.
>>
>>385899717
SuperBot really did try to get Uncle Dante. Capcom told them they could use Donte and to take it or leave it. SuperBot went out of their way to make Donte seem more like Dante.

>>385899760
There's a tremendous misconception over how big the group of people that dislikes the super system is. It's a vocal minority, and admittedly a big minority, but it is still a minority.

>>385900989
This guy understands it very well. The balance team is what broke the system.

>>385901265
The long story short is that the branch of Activision that is in charge of Skylanders and Spyro has an iron grip on it and it risks the image of their product by having it in a game liek PSASBR. It's a really complicated and frustrating issue. The Crash team wasn't unwilling, just demanding. I mentioned earlier how Crash was only just outside SuperBot's reach.
>>
>>385901745
>>385902348
Right on the money.
>>
>>385902456
Even Shuhei Yoshida wants to change the mechanic. Just make it health bars it would please everyone.
>>
>>385902456
I really don't know if it was a minority. I think it would be best to make life bar and put in a super meter as well.
>>
>>385902682
The Super system CAN work, but only if meter is built off of combos and NOT through orb collecting like in the original. Super confirms would need to be common too, though 3s would need to become 4s or even 5s in order to accommodate this.

>>385902508
I figured as much. Toys for Bob needs to realize that no one REALLY wants to see their Spyro design in a game meant to invoke nostalgia, in both cases.
>>
Is anyone gonna confirm or deny that Game Arts is developing the game?
>>
File: PSASBRTRUE.png (778KB, 844x417px) Image search: [Google]
PSASBRTRUE.png
778KB, 844x417px
>>385882006
He was supposed to be in the first game.
>>
>>385903265
I don't know which team would develop the game. Is there a team in Sony that's available.
>>
>>385903356
Who the hell is under Nariko?

Also I like that Chimera Hybrid, Dr. Nefarious and Blasto are in there.
>>
>>385895578
nice bait there guy yeah guy real nice
>>
They better reveal this game at PSX man. I can't fucking wait any longer man/ 5 years waiting for something. 5 YEARS.
>>
sony pls no supers required for ko pls thats all you need
>>
Well, it's passed my bed time. Thanks for keeping an old man company. The characters that were in the demo I saw were Sweet Tooth and Sir Dan, They're the least complex characters, and nothing about either of them had been altered.
>>
Oh boy they're gonna make Aloy even uglier.
>>
>>385903829
if srs then thanks for sharing. if not have a good night just the same
>>
>>385903623
you would have to be a sonyfag to like that roster, all of the characters except for parappa are from garbage franchises or characters designed to be mascots in the late 90s, it's shit
i would rather play as Ryuji's persona than Morgana, god that list is so trash it's unbelievable
>>
File: PSASBR Concept Art.jpg (151KB, 1400x522px) Image search: [Google]
PSASBR Concept Art.jpg
151KB, 1400x522px
>>385903575
Rau Utu from the Mark of Kri.

Here's more concept art of PSASBR.
>>
>>385904019
who would buy this if they werent a sony fan? what even is your point? also morgana is fine at least persona is getting a little recognition
>>
>>385904163
why would you ever be a sony fan?
where the fuck is the metal gear representation? devil may cry? yakuza? tekken? characters that would make sense in a fighting game?
nobody but total fucking losers want to watch crash fight spyro
>>
As long as it doesn't have D-list characters like Fat Princess or duplicates like Cole - then I have hope for it.
>>
File: 1434875942683.gif (2MB, 260x152px) Image search: [Google]
1434875942683.gif
2MB, 260x152px
>>385878691
>Does anyone actually WANT a sequel to PS All Stars?

Why not? More games is always good.

If it's a fun game I'll play it and if it's not then I won't.

Why should I wish for fewer games?
>>
>>385904264
old snake is in there fampai, so is raiden. heihachi as well. what are you even looking at?
>>
>>385904543
the list of characters the sony marketer keeps posting
OP is a mockup from deviantart or something dummy
>>
>>385903829
YES! That makes me happy.
>>
>>385878285

>GameArts

Sure would be nice if they were making a new Grandia game, or putting the old ones on psn. I know 2 has been ported like 15 times but the other ones have been ignored.
>>
>>385904692
I admit I didnt read the bulk of the thread. you win that one anon. also, still think it makes sense for primarily sony characters to be represented rather than 3rd party like you were suggesting. a few guest appearances make sense but they cant be the main appeal
>>
>>385904971
i'd hardly call them guest characters, i mean you're technically right that they would be, but those franchises are associated with the Playstation and more importantly, they're the ones that matter
but seriously the ugly game of thrones chick from Horizon? gimme a break, at least the Killzone character had a recognizable design
no dante, no snake, no kiryu, no interest. parappa is not enough to get me to buy a game
>>
File: josh-singh-sirdan-closeup.jpg (195KB, 1044x1044px) Image search: [Google]
josh-singh-sirdan-closeup.jpg
195KB, 1044x1044px
So what are some dream picks fellow anons?

>crash
>spyro
>ratchet
>sly
>sir dan
>kat
>wild arms character
>dante
>2b
>kazuma kiryu
>bloodborne hunter
>alundra
>knack
>welkin gunther
>>
>>385878691
I do...but I also want it to be good.
>>
File: 1493948997764.png (871KB, 858x932px) Image search: [Google]
1493948997764.png
871KB, 858x932px
>>385905196
>Lammy
>Gitaroo Man
>Patapons
>Uncle Death
>>
File: 1438103257304.jpg (20KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1438103257304.jpg
20KB, 403x403px
>>385878285
>2B
>Main character of a multi-plat game
>Not Caim who is the MC of a game exclusive to the play station

Sasuga bandwagoners
>>
>>385905334
>>Main character of a multi-plat game

This never stopped Nintendo, so why Sony? They even had Cloud from FF7 which wasn't even on a Nintendo system.
>>
>>385905412
Exclusive characters should get priority.
>>
>>385878691
If it played better then the first one? Yeah. Personally I'd rather see a more traditional fighting game, or maybe something more like Blazblue or Guilty Gear.
>>
File: dgnstqa.jpg (30KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
dgnstqa.jpg
30KB, 120x120px
>>385905458
>Exclusive characters should get priority.

Kind of stupid.
You have an unpopular, but exclusive, character from 15 years ago
OR
A popular non-exclusive character that is relevant right now.

Which one would get more people excited? Which one would benefit your games popularity and sales more? The latter.
>>
>>385905805
I'm talking from the point of a consumer, not a greedy fatcat that prioritizes profits above all else.

2B literally would not exist if not for the original Drakengard games, they deserve some respect.
>>
>>385905764
>see a more traditional fighting game

It shouldn't be a super serious fighting game with complicated moves and combos.
Some depth sure, but it should mainly target a more casual playerbase.
>>
>>385905857
>I'm talking from the point of a consumer, not a greedy fatcat that prioritizes profits above all else.

So am I.
Or are you saying this super shitty exclusive character that no one likes should take priority? Sounding mighty contrarian there, retard-kun.
>>
>>385905965
> are you saying this super shitty exclusive character that no one likes

Where did Caim hurt you anon?
>>
>>385905857
>2B literally would not exist if not for the original Drakengard games, they deserve some respect.

No one gives a shit or knows about the drag-on dragoon characters. I know more than most and have even played those games. To a degree I even like Caim. But I still wouldn't want anyone from that series.
Heck I don't even think Nier Automata is that great of a game, but I would still pick 2B over Caim because I think you could do more interesting things in a game like this with her over Caim.
>>
>>385906079
>2B is literally Dante from DMC
>Caim rides a fucking dragon

Yeah no totally, 2B is far more interesting
>>
>>385905334
Wait, Nier is on other consoles?
>>
File: 1435281463926.png (178KB, 579x726px) Image search: [Google]
1435281463926.png
178KB, 579x726px
>>385905965
>>385906079
>le 2B butt secondaries think their opinions matter
o i am laffin
>>385906189
Nier is on PS3 and Xbox360
Nier Auto is on PS4 and PC
>>
>>385905196
I want Abe and Dart because they were meant to be the final DLC characters but they got cancelled.
>>
>>385906159
>>2B is literally Dante from DMC

2B has her drone, access to multiple weapons, the mech and more.

>>Caim rides a fucking dragon

Not practical in the game to sit on a huge dragon. At best he would simply call it in during certain special or super moves, which is frankly boring. Without the dragon he's just an asshole with a sword.

At that point it would make far more sense to have someone like Dart.
>>
File: smile 2.png (46KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
smile 2.png
46KB, 540x540px
>>385905312
I wanna FUCK uncle death
>>
File: 1482672721984.gif (931KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
1482672721984.gif
931KB, 330x330px
>>385906405
>I wanna FUCK uncle death
>>
File: 1501066021780.jpg (177KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1501066021780.jpg
177KB, 1200x1200px
why wont sony let a Japanese company handle this?
the game lack real Japaneses fanservice character, it stink of westerns shit.

how about selvaria from valkyria chronicles.
2B or dragon crown sorceress or yakuza?

games that had actually love into making them.
>>
>>385906364
The drone is basically just a gun.
None of her weapons are original or interesting mechanic wise (swords/axes/spears that all just act like swords/axes/spears) the mech isn't even apart of her character, it's used in like four missions and make up maybe 5% of the game.
From a gameplay perspective she plays basically like a watered down Dante.

>Not practical in the game to sit on a huge dragon
Sounds just like a lack of imagination on your part.

Having a character based around a mount is not only possible but would actually be very original and interesting for this sort of game. He'd have certain abilities while riding it and when he loses (x) health he would be forced to dismount it and then have slightly weaker abilities until he could call upon her again.
>>
File: good shit.jpg (18KB, 328x448px) Image search: [Google]
good shit.jpg
18KB, 328x448px
>>385906446
How can one skeleton be so hot bros?

Does anyone has that ladder sequence at the end of the game, I'm pretty sure you can see beneath that robe of his on that sequence.
>>
I think that exclusives should have priority over multiplats, but I also don't think that series that had one or two games on other systems like, say, Disgaea should be discounted from making an appearance.
>>
>>385906607
It's clear as day that I'm talking to a heavily biased drag-on dragoon fanboy, which just makes this a big waste of time. All you want to do is tell others why Caim needs to be in, you're not interested in an objective back and forth discussion.
>>
>>385878285
I love how Sony is copying Smash even harder in this one.
>>
File: wheres.png (942KB, 529x761px) Image search: [Google]
wheres.png
942KB, 529x761px
>>385906846
>>
Give Spike the design from Big Mission.
>>
>>385906846
I don't care about whatever the fuck you guys are crying about but he is right, 2B plays incredibly similar to Dante, you'd have to make Dante focus on his gimmick shit in order to make them not clones.
>>
>>385906895
>I love how Sony is copying Smash even harder in this one.

"Copying" in game dev is not a negative. If it was then it would've never evolved.
>oh no someone already did x, used gameplay function y, etc. that means we can never use anything similar ourselves
>apply this to all devs on the planet throughout history

I mean when enough time has passed most of the people against "copying" in games even praise it. Because it's a "throwback", "spiritual successor" or the like.
>>
>>385906895
Good.
The issue with the first is they didn't copy Smash enough.
>>
MAKE SPIKAT A THING
>>
File: 1487191007120.gif (764KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1487191007120.gif
764KB, 500x281px
>>385896951
>Sweet Tooth, Emmett and Big Daddy.
>It'd suck if Sweet Tooth didn't return. There's no TM this generation so I can see his inclusion being less priority. Parappa needs to come back too.
>I'm one of the people who really liked the super system, the variety of supers between all the characters was really interesting to discover and made match ups really fun.
>For me personally, PS1 and PS2. Every generation thus far has some genuinely significant characters and IP's, but those two are the ones I grew up with so I have a lot of attachment to them.
>PS1 - Tomba, Croc, Alundra, Dart, Abe and of course, Crash and Spyro.
>PS2 - Kazuma Kiryu, Sora
>PS3 I think has plenty of representatives. Can only think of a Valkyria Chronicles representative.
>PS4 - Knack, Delsin, Aloy, Atio the Messenger and Sir Galahad

Would love a new PSA, the first game was a really unique fighter that clearly didn't have the attention or care it deserved from SCE, which I think doomed it to cult status at best.
>>
>>385903005
AP orbs were a minor aspect of how you built meter that only showed up in select cases. The system was almost entirely based on building meter through hits. There were also quite a few super confirms for most characters especially from level 2s. The issue was mainly the game's balance and it's really obvious from the posts that pretty much anyone complaining about the super system itself didn't really spend any time with it or blame it due to it being different, but it worked great in the confines of the game. The problem, again, was just the bad balance of the characters and their overall movesets.
>>
>>385905196
Most of this list is PS exclusive. It is also rebooted a bit.

>Crash, Coco, Cortex, Spyro, Ripto, Kratos, Zues, Ares, Dart, Rose, Sweet Tooth, Calypso, Col. Radec, Tomas, Nathan Drake, Sir Dan, Zarok, Fat Princess, Blasto, Rachet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly, Rudy, Parappa, Lammy, Spike, Cole, Delsin, Nariko, Sack Boy, Kat, Toro. Guest: Akuma, Volnutt, Laura, Caim, Sora.
>>
>>385907510
FUCK meant Lara. My bad.
>>
>>385878285
I hope they will make a great roster this time.

>Ps1 Era
Crash
Fortesque
Parapara
Spyro
Rayman
Alundra
Cloud
Spike
Fei Fong Wong
Dart
Rudy
Alucard
Solid Snake
Klonoa
Raziel
Leon
Heihachi
Lara Croft

>Ps2 Era
Kratos
Ratchet & Clank
Jake & Dexter
Sly
Dante
Sora
Kiryu Kazuma
Pyramid Head
Samanosuke
Kos-mos

>Ps3 Era
Nathan Drake
Noriko
Ellie & Joel
Sackboy
Kutaro
Traveler (Journey)

>Vita Era
Kat
Iota

>Ps4 Era
Knack
Aloy
Hunter (Bloodborne)
2B
>>
>>385878691
With the amount of IPs that Sony has built over the years, there is good potential for crossovers, so yes. It just needs to be done right.
>>
POST WHO THE FUCK IS NEPTUNE

also, TWO (2) DELSINs
>>
>>385882826
>PSASBR
No wonder why didn't sell well, who the hell thought that was a good name?
>>
>All those multiplat characters
pffft no.
>>
>>385883730
Big Daddy was the funniest in the original game because Bioshock was actually a 360 exclusive for about a year.
>>
File: 1489316889262.jpg (146KB, 512x502px) Image search: [Google]
1489316889262.jpg
146KB, 512x502px
Why the fuck would 2b in this?
>>
>>385878691
I would enjoy it if they improve the roster, un-fucked the artstyle, and got rid of that fucking god awful "only supers can kill" gameplay.
Seriously, that shit sucked.
>>
>>385896951
Raiden and Sir Daniel
Sir Daniel
Otherwise good characters would be gimped by weak finishers
PS2 era for the JRPGs, Capcom action games and the start of modern Dynasty Warriors
Crash and Cloud for PS1, Lu Bu and Aigis for PS2 (Also replace new Dante with DMC1 or 3 Dante), Noctis for PS4
>>
>Sora gets in smash 5
>PASBR gets roxas
>PASBR is better a result
>>
File: 1484204792575.jpg (62KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
1484204792575.jpg
62KB, 421x421px
>PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale was originally going to be developed by Naughty Dog who was in the middle of the development of The Last of Us.[9] Publisher Sony Computer Entertainment therefore decided to form SuperBot Entertainment in 2009 specifically to work on the game.

Could you imagine a world where ND made this instead of TLOU?
>>
>>385896951
1: Sackboy was fun
2: Spike fucking matters and adding a pipo monkey is not enough
3: same as everyone else
4: PS2
5: Carmelita, Yumi/Jimmy/Kei, Lammy, Raven, Robbit from Jumping Flash and Tomba
>>
File: 1497295665165.jpg (221KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497295665165.jpg
221KB, 600x400px
Also, give the game a proper art style and make the characters look good.
>>
>>385906585
This.
They could even make the characters look better.
>>
How do you guys feel about the rivalries?
What do you think of friendships?
>>
File: FIGURE-009902.jpg (76KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-009902.jpg
76KB, 600x600px
>>385909521
It a stupid concept.
just make it like smash, it a bunch of toys coming to life to fight it and having fun doing it.

It not like theses dicks(am just angry) have a actually story to tell.

Rivalries are not needed, but character coming together and having fun is.
>>
We need the sorceress from Dragon's Crown
>>
Kat > Fem Sackboy > Spike in a dress > Nariko > pile of shit > Fat Princess
>>
>>385878691
>retard valve fanboy is retard

yes i want
>>
>>385883398
it sold 2.5 million copies
combined vita and ps3
>>
>>385890659
There was a /PSASg/ on /vg/ once upon a time?
>>
>>385891315
Of course the cap was fake. It's fanmade and was never a leak in the first place.
>>
>>385878285
We all know it's going to suck but it'll probably happen anyway. Then it won't sell well because it sucks and the company is like, "I GUESS THERE'S NO DEMAND FOR FIGHTING GAMES!"
>>
>>385878285
>Bentley is playable
>Not Murray
>In a fighting game
Yeh...no.
>>
File: hVDlG.jpg (317KB, 391x3798px) Image search: [Google]
hVDlG.jpg
317KB, 391x3798px
OBLIGATORY
>>
File: deejay confirmed.png (92KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
deejay confirmed.png
92KB, 300x300px
I cant get over the fact that Sony tried to push a mascot with the name Sackboy.
>>
>>385911353
I want Carmelita instead
>>
>>385911475
kek
>>
>>385912008
With Stephen Fry as the narrator
>>
>>385907792
IPs only matter if people actually buy them. Even if we distribute sales perfectly less than half of all PS4 owners even bought a single exclusive.
>>
>>385913092
Won't change the fact that Sony still funds these niche titles like Gravity Rush.
>>
Spikat could save this game.
>>
>>385899964
what about a nintendo vs sega smash alll-star?
>>
>>385878285
The problem is that Sony isn't competent enough to make this work. They're not putting in enough resources, they're not hiring the right people, they're not cooperating with the right publishers, etc etc etc. Smash Bros barely works as it is and only because Sakurai is an absolute madman with an insane amount of industry clout. If anything Sony would need even more clout because they're much more reliant on getting third-parties to play ball. Square-Enix, Capcom, Konami, Activision, the list goes on.
>>
>>385913543
What about a console war fighting game?
>>
>>385878285

Looking at this picture just made me realize how much I don't want this. For every classic, well designed character who would have a decent amount of moves there's about 4 tacky ones. And this is pretty much the best case scenario.
>>
>>385914339
That was one of the problems with the original for sure.
>>
>>385896951
>Spike, Heihachi
>Spike, Sweet Tooth, Sir Dan, Kat
>Liked it as a unique system, but the implementation was unbalanced and needs major reworking
>PS2, Most of my favorite games of all time are from this era and the large amount and variety of good games is pretty much second to none
>Tomba, Wander, Joel/Ellie, Bloodborne Hunter
>>
>>385902348
>>385902508
>>385903005

Sometimes it boggles my mind what these marketing departments are thinking.

They should really begin separating business management from creative decision taking.
>>
I want a racing game
>>
>>385913092
Arguable: when it comes to deciding if an IP is ichonic or not, sales are only one factor to consider among the others. An important factor, sure, but just one nontheless.
I mean, i understand if stuff like Pursuit Force, MotorStorm or Tokyo Jungle don't get represented, but that's because getting something from these titles is hard to begin with, not just because they may have sold poorly.
-although, maybe a Tokyo Jungle stage can be easy to do, i guess-
>>
>>385916865
Tokyo Jungle was fun.
>>
>>385917548
Imagine a Tokyo Jungle stage.
Thread posts: 307
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.