[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hey this looks pretty nea- >150$ for all the content >microtransactions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
>Hey this looks pretty nea-
>150$ for all the content
>microtransactions
>Grinding for characters to unlock
>exclusive chat rooms for people who pay

What the fuck? Why the fuck can't devs just make normal games anymore. Why does everything gotta be this fucking soulless penny pinching bullshit FUCK
>>
>>385876469
I just bought the cheapest copy on Xbox.
>>
Just wait a year til it goes f2p. Its essentially in beta right now anyway
>>
File: 1353615796615.jpg (57KB, 556x701px) Image search: [Google]
1353615796615.jpg
57KB, 556x701px
>>385876469
Don't forget
>Proprietary bullshit launcher required

This shit is gonna be so DOA.
>>
>>385876746
How do devs not realize that's automatic suicide for these online only games
>>
Not the devs. Gearbox makes the business decisions.
>>
>>385877191
This game has literally nothing to do with Gearbox.
I can see how you would think that, though.
>>
>>385876469
>pay to beta test the game for the devs now and then get it for free later
fuck this game
>>
>>385877476
they produced, i think
>>
>>385876469
>Unlock a new character
>Character has a fucked up trait or ability, making them shit, and all the work to get them goes to waste
JUST
>>
>>385876469
>150$ for all the content
Except it's not. There's a $100 upgrade after that if you want all eight of the rare class characters. The $150 version only comes with two.
>>
>>385876469
>All the content for $150
That's objectively wrong, my friend.
it's $250 in $150 and $99.99 increments.
>>
>>385877191
>>385877476
>>385877564
Epic are the publishers, Epic/People Can Fly are the devs.
>>
>>385877689
It's funny how useless Ninjas are unless they're an Epic or Legendary Din Mak. Literally all other Ninjas are garbage as are most Outlanders. Hell, half the Soldiers are meh too if their kit isn't Grenade, Warcry, and Commando in any order. And the only good Constructor is the fucking Mythic-Rarity MEGABASE Kyle because he's the only one with an acceptably large enough coverage for BASE.
>>
>Friend gifts me code
>Have fun for about 30 minutes
>Okay but how do I get the builder character? They look cool
>"oh anon just unlock them"
strike one
>How do I do that?
>from the loot boxes
strike two
>the better ones cost real money
strike three

Not only that but the character I wanted to play had a shit stat and was objectively worse than the one I started with, meaning our group didn't get to have the defense class and did poorly on a lot of the missions.

Which by the way, the missions are extremely samey, the weapon durability degrades after about 4 clips, the waves of enemies are all the same just this time with X amount of big tough bullet sponge guys. The meat of the gameplay itself is bland, mine the stuff walk around the map, then defend the thing every single mission. The guns are horrible, there is barely a difference between smgs, assault rifles, sniper rifles and surprisingly shotguns all feel like the same thing just varied rates of fire. Overall it is bland and boring.
>>
>>385878726
>unlock them
>strike one
How is this a strike, exactly? You get a Green Kyle before even starting the first real mission and the ability to use him. I'll admit they never teach you how to equip him and that needs fixing for retards, but it definitely sounds like you did poorly because you didn't understand the game. Even random crap weapons of white rarity are enough to get by in the first 9 Power Rankings without trouble.
>>
>>385878726
>Everyone constantly farming gun and bullet components
>Problem is so fucking bad you aren't even mad that half your team has fucked off to smash cars because you are probably going to do it next game
Who the fuck okayed this?
>>
>>385876469
All of that is just the shit icing on the cake, the game itself doesn't even look fun.
>>
>oh how do you get heroes, weapons and traps?
oh you get them from the loot llama
>wait, you cant get heroes, survivors, weapons or loot during a mission?
oh you cant get heroes/survivors from missions
weapons and traps you can but theyre at 25% dutability when you loot in chests.

oh btw, you cant get schematics in missions
>so how do i get schematics
through the loot llama!

>so if I buy a loot llama, will I get the items that I want?
oh no no, you get a CHANCE to get the item you want
>...........
>>
>>385879148
Having to unlock playable characters by itself is not the flaw, but paying money for the game, and then still having bad odds of getting to play the character you want to play without paying for loot boxes.

Imagine if you payed 15 dollars for TF2 and then could only play Pyro, Scout, and Demo. You can get by with those most of the time but what if you saw the Soldier or Heavy and really wanted to play them? 1.99 per loot box until you unlock them or else its 2000 in-game funbux that you earn at a slow rate.
>>
>>385879872
You actually can get Survivors from missions and some lower-tier Schematics, but they're exclusively from the rotations (those little timers that pop up on some Missions) and can be gained once from each source each time they pop up.
Yes, the system is severely flawed and the developers don't listen to their community. Me and many other Alpha players told them they needed more time in Alpha. They didn't listen.
>The 3rd area of the game has exactly 1 finished level
>>
>>385880108
I agree there are issues with the system, I was just nitpicking the fact you marked "strike one" as you gotta unlock them. It's just such a stupid way of putting it.
>>
File: no thanks.png (68KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
no thanks.png
68KB, 1600x1200px
>>385879872
>Get blue schematic for a gun with great stats from a free loot llama
>spend half of the next mission scouring the map for rare materials to make it
>it breaks half way through wave 2 from full durability
>>
>>385880350
The only weapons that break that fast are explosives. Which suck.
>>
>>385880329
I'll admit I should have worded my original post better it did a poor job of illustrating my point, learning the only way to unlock characters was a loot box should have been strike one
>>
>>385880434
100% agreed. Really, there are far more issues than that. Cause you can get a reasonable chance at some decent stuff if you push through the game a bit. They give you something like a thousand V-Bucks if you put some stuff in the Collection Book up to a specific level. It drops off hard after that however, with the only source being Dailies giving only 50 a piece and you cna only do 1 of those per day and 50 from Storm Shield Defenses which are limited in quantity.
It's a shame overall.
>>
>>385879872
Loot llamas pissed me right the fuck off the instant I saw them.
>>
wew and I almost got this shit because 3 friends of mine got it.
>>
>>385876469
I got a free copy from a relative and have had good luck with loot drops. We haven't had to pay a cent yet, but I agree with a lot of people here that it is very reliant on the loot boxes. The lack of an actual story is also pretty uninteresting. My younger brother ends up playing it more than me. I think it's a below-average game with a disappointing loot system. What would have made it better than most loot focused games is being able to get a certain gun you like upgraded in rarity so you can just grind a gun up to it's best version rather than getting lucky with a loot box. That's what I thought the game meant initially when it said something about "evolving" and "transforming" weapons, but it ended up just being like the grinder from Borderlands: The Pre-sequel, where you just take some weapons and get one random weapon of a higher rarity. It pretty much sucked whatever interest I had in the game out of me.

Another thing that bugs me is the character designs and the reused bodyshapes and voice actors. It really removed any individuality any of them had.
>>
>weapons break

DROPPED
>>
Is the game fun though? Is there a demo or something?
>>
>>385881587
You have to pay for the demo
>>
>>385881410
Yeah that really screams "buy crates goy" considering how fast they break
>>
>>385877564
Gearbox distributes the physical copies only.
>>
>>385881410
>>385881673
You get schematics for them that never go away and once you get plenty of in-game resources it's not hard to rebuild stuff. It really is a pain though.
>>
>>385881673
Crates don't give you weapons. Crates don't give you the materials to build weapons.
>>
>>385881410
It's a nonissue if you have the schematic. You'll eventually reach critical mass on copper/silver/malachite and whatever the mat for epic/legendary is.

The problem is getting the schematic. I wouldn't be upset if you could build a dropped weapon a few times, but you can't. Worst part is they're always low durability. It's poor fucking design
>>
File: 1468714339627.jpg (145KB, 845x683px) Image search: [Google]
1468714339627.jpg
145KB, 845x683px
What part of it looks 'neat'?

It's survival/crafting sandbox number 12536: TF2 edition.

Just admit you saw ass and that's all you care about.
>>
>>385882168
>What part of it looks 'neat'?
I am in desperate need for a horde mode with base building.

I fucking love building bases
>>
>>385882168
I mean the girls are cute but they're no where near "selling point" cute, they're just not ugly.
>>
>>385882168
It's more like a baby's tower defense game But yes, friend bought it and gave me a copy because that's what he thought it was
>>
>RNG to progress
>Making it lootcrate RNG of all things
>The "free" V-Bucks dry up fairly quick and only drop from daily mission things after awhile, so you can only get like 1 llama every 2 days or so apparently

All in a game that you technically can't even play for free right now, it's ONLY buy to play.
>>
>>385876469
>Why the fuck can't devs just make normal games anymore.

>Why does everything gotta be this fucking soulless penny pinching bullshit FUCK

Because at the end of the day all those guys wantvto do is make more money.

It's a business ffs.

Also, pic related.
>>
>>385882482

They were all businesses a decade ago when they weren't doing this shit and everyone, including the devs, were a lot happier.
>>
>>385881870
>need to luck for schematic from llama you can only get for free once every few days or give money to goy
>get shit weapon
>weapon breaks
>eventually build up resources just to play the game

Yes.....FUN
>>
>>385876469
Yo dumbshit, it's $40. And it's free next year. Calm your tits. It's a good game if you dont do microtransactions.
>>
>>385882628
Unfortunately it's because back there a lot of the devs had more control, they were the artist and business man, so their artistic side helped keep their jew side in place.

But now you just got your usual fat cats who couldn't give two fucks in charge and it shows.

Look at Platinum for what an old school video game company was like
>>
>>385882628
Think about how much more time and money is involved in making a model with today's graphics.
Think about how much more time and money is involved with the dumbass standards we expect of fucking voice acting of all things.
Games got bigger and more expensive to make. Why the fuck they don't just charge more for the things instead of hiding all these extra charges inside them I've no fucking idea though.
>>
>buy founder's pack
>get daily like 15 llama reward
>all the purple guns take 2 gizmos to make
>literally scouring 3 maps nets me 1 gizmo
>stuck with gray AR until they start selling individual crafting items in the cash shop

Worst part? This game gets dull as FUCK fast, no real reason to build anything beyond half walls around the objective early on, and the build limit for bonuses basically tells you to fuck off with traps. Traps which work like shit regardless, ah yes I enjoy putting down a blue floor spike and having it miss the shit that walks over it, or just barely kill something that it does hit.
>>
>>385882978
>if you don't do microtransactions

lad but they are in the game you can't ignore them.

every game with microtransactions is always grindy as fuck with it taking years and loads of effort to get anything done.

EXCEPT IF YOU PAY RIGHT NOW!

this has gotta stop my dudes.
>>
>>385876469
>cover is a chink, a nigger and two women, one of which is your typical badass chick and the other one is the large badass chick for landwhales to identify with
>Horrible penny pinching
Guys they're obviously just trying to get money out of dumb sjws. Godspeed to them, a fool and his money are soon parted.
>>
>>385882168
>survival
Why do retards keep saying this?
>>
>>385883823
This guy and a lot of people in the thread can't be more than 3 hours into the game. I've only played it for like 12 hours over the past two weeks or so and I'm swimming in gizmos/copper/coal/etc to the point where i have to drop shit. I could craft 5 of my current purple-grade pistol right now, and they each last 3-4 missions worth of fights.
>>
>>385883823
>daily 15 Llamas
So you bought the $150 edition for a game you weren't sure if you would like or not?
Those 15 Llamas are a 1-time thing. You get 1 Llama every day for the rest of your "Daily Llama" duration.
>>
>>385876469
>penny pinching
There's a lot of Penny to pinch
>>
File: IMG_0844.jpg (377KB, 799x738px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0844.jpg
377KB, 799x738px
I actually own and play the game. What early access piece of garbage shit game doesn't have loot boxes and micro transactions now? /v/ will still ride overwatches dick. Anyway:
>you can get two free loot llamas every time you help randoms with storm defense missions
>very few benefits between rare epic and legendary schematics
>easy to get the virtual currency just doing quests
>actually pretty easy to get heroes and schematics
>easy to farm crafting mats doing destroy the encampment missions
Bad
>missions are samey
>forts take a lot of fucking resources to constantly build every mission and trap durability is low (they cost a lot of mats)
>constantly burn through ammo every mission
>lots of breaks in continuity having to farm mats just to keep playing, even though I understand that's the point
>weapons do degrade but once you get a purple they Last a long ass time unless you keep dying
>difficulty curve high ramp, as leveling slows down extremely around 25
>literally all progression locked behind skill trees (level is based on survivor squads and skill nodes)
It's fun but it's really not "we're all going to stick around for 6 months fun"
>>
>>385888445
>two free loot llamas every time you help randoms
Mini Llama =/= Loot Llama. Mini has infinitely worse loot.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.