[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>directed by Hifumi Kono of Clock Tower series >art by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

>directed by Hifumi Kono of Clock Tower series
>art by Masahiro Ito (Silent Hill)
>Music by Michiru Yamane
>looks like an all-star dev team
>reviews gave it 2/10

what went wrong?
>>
Oh shit, Ito? What game is this?
>>
>>385872701
Clock Tower doesn't translate well to modern game design. Lack of pro funding and guidance.
>>
No really, what fucking game is this.
>>
>>385873396
Nightcry
>>
>>385872701
Because when I saw someone play the demo a year or two ago, I thought it was a game from the mid 2000s.
>>
>>385873549
>PC exclusive

Well no fucking shit it failed. Why did they think this would be a good idea?

Port it to the PS4!
>>
>>385873619
>I thought it was a game from the mid 2000s.

Literally nothing wrong with that.

>>385873730

They barely got enough to become kickstarted. PS4 versions would be stretch goals.
>>
>>385874191

I wasn't even aware this was a thing. Ito alone is worth this being funded.

I hope they make enough for PS4 versions. I'd totally fucking buy it.
>>
It looks bland. There's nothing interesting about this design whatsoever. It's just the same muddy/rusty brown/reddish shit that's been regurgitated throughout the years, in series' that have slowly died because they're just so fucking bland at this point.
>>
>>385874469

kys
>>
From what little i've seen, what went wrong is they didn't try to improve or elevate anything, instead trying to make it as close to their original claims to fame as possible. If they dropped all that and tried to improve upon their original ideas so it becomes something new and interesting, I think it would go better.
>>
>>385875590

So, you hope they change it so much that it loses its core audience and instead tries to attract newfags who will never care for it?

What a brilliant idea.
>>
>>385876020
What i'm saying is take those core ideas and elevate them. Im not saying turn it into resident evil or something, I'm saying bring something to the table that says "heres something new that we couldn't give you before" rather than "heres the same game but with better graphics, design flaws and all"
>>
>>385876715

Okay, but this is a kickstarter game. People payed more for more of the same. Maybe if there's a sequel they'll change things up a bit, but otherwise this is what people wanted; more of the same.
>>
>>385876998
I suppose I can't argue with that, but I sure hope they can put it together right in the end.
>>
File: NightCryTop.0.0.jpg (139KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
NightCryTop.0.0.jpg
139KB, 1600x900px
>>385872701
Gee, I wonder
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.