[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was honestly a good game. What was the point in shitting on it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 18

This was honestly a good game. What was the point in shitting on it?
>>
>>385872459
Because it's not a good game.
>>
>>385872509
What makes it bad? The only issues I found was the constant autosaving and minor screen tear.
>>
>>385872770
It being a bad game makes it bad
>>
>>385872840
Again, what makes it bad?
>>
>>385872936
Being bad
>>
>>385872840
lmao might aswell just get it now
>>
>>385872991
What makes it bad?
>>
>>385873042
Being bad
>>
>>385873085
What makes it bad?
>>
>>385873215
Being bad
>>
>>385872459
I agree.
It was not that bad I mean it was playable. Not a master piece. Not a game to remember forever.
People expect too much with some games. Nobody play just to have fun or relax anymore.
>>
>>385872459
It's not good game at all.

>>385872936
>>385872770
>Absolutely horrible controls and gameplay
>Bad graphics, yet it stutters like hell
>literally copypasted entire ROOMS, all over the world
>glitches and game-breaking bugs up its ass
>no Akira Yamaoka music and audio. It really shows.
>most laughable enemy "design", ever.
>game plain out LIES about rain doing anything at all in reality.
>literally NO STORY, because every single ending contradicts each other and don't reflect in any way what you do and see during the campaign.
>running scenes ripped from Shattered Memories.
>"Otherworld" ripped from American McGee's Alice.
>oh look... "openworld" design, with "sidequests", that add jack shit to anything!
>SEVERAL scenes where all your gear is stripped from you.
>Hope ya didn't disable those button prompts and shimmering, because you NEED them to move on in several scenes.
>Most annoying MC in a looong while
list goes on.
it is THE worst SH game to date, not counting the complete joke of BoM on VITA.
>>
>>385872459
>not muh Team Silent!
Most SH fans are insufferable faggots.
>>
>>385873348
Yeah, that's why Downpour is terrible, because a SH fan made it
>>
>>385873430
>SH "fan"
>hates every single game in the series, including his favorite
>>
>>385873321
>Absolutely horrible controls and gameplay
>no Akira Yamaoka music and audio. It really shows.
>most laughable enemy "design", ever.
>Hope ya didn't disable those button prompts and shimmering, because you NEED them to move on in several scenes.
Subjective

>glitches and game-breaking bugs up its ass
>Bad graphics, yet it stutters like hell
>"Otherworld" ripped from American McGee's Alice.
Fixed ages ago. Graphics are fine for a SH game at least.

>literally copypasted entire ROOMS, all over the world
>running scenes ripped from Shattered Memories.
Not different than other SHs

>literally NO STORY, because every single ending contradicts each other and don't reflect in any way what you do and see during the campaign.
Huh?

>oh look... "openworld" design, with "sidequests", that add jack shit to anything!
>SEVERAL scenes where all your gear is stripped from you.
>game plain out LIES about rain doing anything at all in reality.
I agree.

So overall, not a bad game.
>>
File: sh4 vs downpoor.jpg (132KB, 760x959px) Image search: [Google]
sh4 vs downpoor.jpg
132KB, 760x959px
>>385873872
>Subjective
no, the control scheme literally, objectively makes no fucking sense.
The game also does not stick to its own rules and changes when you need to activate something in the environment or just stare at it, and one of the bossfights literally never ends unless you activate a QTE finisher.

>DP
>good graphics
>"for a SH game"
you've never played 2-4, have you?
Literally 15yo PS2 games have literally better art-design, models, textures and animation than this 7th gen UE3 turd.

>not different from other SHs
past SHs literally made every room unique, even memorable most of the time. Every single shop and store outside in the town in SH1 and 2 had their own, unique front.

>huh?
yeah, that's was my thought when I finished this game.

>So overall, not a bad game.
if it's broken tech-wise, looks like ass, sounds like ass, plays like ass, and writing is from ass... it's literally nothing but shit.
>>
>>385873872
>>Absolutely horrible controls and gameplay
>>no Akira Yamaoka music and audio. It really shows.
>>most laughable enemy "design", ever.
>>Hope ya didn't disable those button prompts and shimmering, because you NEED them to move on in several scenes.
>>Most annoying MC in a looong while
>Subjective
Bullshit hand wave argument dismissing the general consensus of both SH fans and horror fans.

>>glitches and game-breaking bugs up its ass
>>Bad graphics, yet it stutters like hell
>>"Otherworld" ripped from American McGee's Alice.
>Fixed ages ago. Graphics are fine for a SH game at least.
Sorry but this doesn't fly with me, a game that isn't multiplayer will see most of the people playing it in the first six months, it was still shit then. Not one of you Fucker defends Assassins Creed Unity since all the bugs are patched out now. No a shit game will remain a shit game forever, you guys beating that dead horse for years has taught me that.

>>literally copypasted entire ROOMS, all over the world
>>running scenes ripped from Shattered Memories.
>Not different than other SHs
Now I can tell you never played any games besides this one.

>>literally NO STORY, because every single ending contradicts each other and don't reflect in any way what you do and see during the campaign.
>Huh?
Hurr duur blraa?

>>oh look... "openworld" design, with "sidequests", that add jack shit to anything!
>>SEVERAL scenes where all your gear is stripped from you.
>>game plain out LIES about rain doing anything at all in reality.
>I agree.

>So overall, not a bad game.

So no, it was overall a bad game.
>>
>>385874298
>>385874508
I seemed to understand the story fine and didnt find the controls to be bad. Maybe your just blinded by weebo rage? Also SH2 was my first SH if you should really know.
>>
Because it isn't silent hill 2 so it must BURN
>>
>>385874809
You only understand ONE potential version of the story. Like said, depending on the ENDING you get, the whole plot and premise changes dramatically.

>Also SH2 was my first SH if you should really know.
yeah, it shows.

>>385874850
Why do newfags worship 2 so much anyway?
I mean sure, it's great, but not SH1 great. Horror-wise, #2 is easily the mildest one.
>>
>>385874298
>>385874508
Hes right though. Most of the problems besides the glitches are subjective. Will agree on the story part a bit though. Technically the bad ending was the true one if anyone wanted to make sense.
>>
>>385875024
>but not SH1 great
It was great back when it came out. Its aged like milk.
>>
File: dp boogie.png (176KB, 569x678px) Image search: [Google]
dp boogie.png
176KB, 569x678px
>>385872459
>>385872770
>>385872936
>>385873042

https://youtu.be/8y9hNKe93u0?t=3m40s
>>
>>385873321
>horrible controls
The controls are fine, though.
>gameplay
What? The degrading weapons?
>copypasted entire ROOMS
Yeah. because houses in the same town never have similar architecture. Also, it made perfect sense for the prison.
>glitches and game-breaking bugs
Never encountered any.
>no Akira Yamaoka
Yep, I agree. The game needed that.
>most laughable enemy "design"
For the most part, yeah.
>LIES
Enemies are stronger and more numerous in the rain.
>literally NO STORY
That's literally retarded.
>running scenes ripped straight from Shattered Memories
So?
>"Otherworld" ripped from American McGee's Alice
Wouldn't know, but see above.
>oh look...
The sidequests were some of the best parts of the game, dumbass.
>SEVERAL
I remember two, maybe three.
>you NEED them
So it's the game's fault you're retarded?
Subjective, and you obviously haven't played BoM.
>>
>>385875230
>TwinPerfect
Fucking kill yourself, autist.
>>
>>385875173
>Its aged like milk.
with that mindset, so have SH2-4, thus making raving about the series stupid.

Seriously, SH1 has the same gameplay, even better scares, and biggest town to explore of them all. There is no reason to dismiss its existence or importance, unless you're a very jaded graphix-whore.
>>
>>385875230
If I let reviews dictate what I buy then I probably would never have bought Downpour and many other games.
>>
>>385874298
>that image
Cherrypicking. Post a pic of Murphy or any other adult character in Downpour.
>>
>>385875343
>with that mindset, so have SH2-4, thus making raving about the series stupid.

Are you implying that I believe SH2-4 aged great? Because I dont. SH1 looks comical now.
>>
File: 1498593170399.jpg (18KB, 162x152px) Image search: [Google]
1498593170399.jpg
18KB, 162x152px
>Literally the best western Silent Hill game.
>Captures the Silent Hill atmosphere while doing its own thing.
>Fixes all the mistakes Homecoming made.
>People still hate on it.
>>
>>385875024
Personally, I liked 2 more because it dropped the cult stuff. I thought that shit was stupid. But one reason people worship it is because other people say its "so deep" and they go along with it to seem smart. Don't get me wrong, it has some good stuff in there, but it can be easily overblown.
>>
File: sh2 - 2001 VS dp - 2012.jpg (575KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
sh2 - 2001 VS dp - 2012.jpg
575KB, 1280x1440px
>>385875315
>W-Why are they saying bad things about muh vidya?? REEEE!!
off you go.

>>385875369
If I had waited and seen the reviews first, I would not have wasted 60€ on one of the biggest buyer's remorses last gen.

>>385875394
You mean the axe-carved stone faces, often coated in waxy low-res textures thanks to sloooow texture streaming?

>>385875465
1-4 have aged extremely well, unless your first gaming machine ever was Xbox 360.
>>
>>385875485
>best western SH
that'd be Shattered Memories
>captures atmosphere
it doesn't. It feels, sounds and plays like some Alan Wake clone.
>fixes mistakes
no, it makes MORE of them. HC is literally better in every single possible way.
>people still hate it
yeah, people don't like to get lied to, and tend to hate broken, clunky and ugly games that don't make any sense at all.

>>385875493
>I liked 2 more because it dropped the cult stuff. I thought that shit was stupid.
Fuck off Todd. Kill yourself.
>>
File: header.jpg (27KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
27KB, 460x215px
With on this OP. Pic related was also solid. Not great but solid. Doesnt deserve the hate.
>>
>>385875485
homecoming is better than downpour and thats sad since HC is rancid dog shit
>>
>>385875543
>ask for a pic of a character
>posts screenshots
Also
>fixed camera angle where devs obviously worked hard to make the room look great from that angle
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>385875543
>If I had waited and seen the reviews first, I would not have wasted 60€ on one of the biggest buyer's remorses last gen.
Hey if reviews dictate what you buy then cool. Im not hating.

>1-4 have aged extremely well, unless your first gaming machine ever was Xbox 360.
You keep making this assumption and I dont know why. Ive owned almost every console in history. Still doesnt change my opinion.
>>
>>385875815
Maybe they should have kept the fixed cameras if they can't handle making the game in third person
>>
Downpour was everything wrong with the last gen SH games, trying too hard to be SH2 again. I mean, holy shit, SH2 was a good game, but you can at least try to do something different.

Each character you meet in the game is going through their own version of Silent Hill, like SH2, but it's not well realized in Downpour. The Raincoat Killer is supposed to be a Pyramid Head replacement, but he's nowhere near as interesting or well designed as PH was.
There are also multiple endings, which is a SH staple, but Downpour has a variance in endings closer to SH2, not necessarily being Good/Bad endings like SH1&3. The problem is that each of the endings contradict each other and also contradict events that happen before the ending sometimes. Some of them are also just really shitty twists, like how it was all a dream the cop girl was having, but the cop girl also wasn't a cop, she was actually a prisoner and Murphy was actually a cop, and the cop girl was dreaming about being Murphy for some reason.

It also has it's own problems, like for a game called Downpour, water isn't that important of an element in the game. It's like they forgot about it completely. It rains a bit, and that's about it. It's not even really worthy of the title of "Downpour", and I feel like they only chose it because it sounded cooler than "Silent Hill: But Now You're a Prisoner, I guess"

Enemy design is also pretty boring, especially compared to previous games, even some of the previous western games. For the most part they're just humans with weird face, and there's a sex doll ghost thing for some reason. The Main bad guy, Captain Sledgehammer McGas Mask, just looks like some tall guy in a costume.

The game also looks ugly. The PS2 games looked better than it, probably because they had smaller environments and used a lot of fog, but gee, maybe Downpour could have used some of that.
>>
>>385875791
But Homecoming isn't better than Downpour. Downpour is actually good and feels like an actual Silent Hill game. It also doesn't rape the lore.
>>
OFFICIAL SH TIER LIST

>Original Team
3>1>2>4

>Other Teams
0>SH:SM>Arcade Game>SH:H>>>>>>>>Mobile Games>>>>>>Shit>>>>>>>>>>>BOM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Downpour

Undisputed list.
>>
>>385876026
>Downpour is actually good and feels like an actual Silent Hill game.

lol
>>
File: silenthill_04.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
silenthill_04.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>385875543
>that pic
You should work in an orchid. Those cherry picking skills are great.
>>
>>385875953
Another thing
>pretty significant room
vs
>random patch of forest
>>
>>385876119
It does, Homecomingcuck. Sorry you don't know what a Silent Hill game looks like.
>>
>>385876119
He's not wrong. HC may have had much better enemy designs, but Downpour feels more like an SH game.
>>
File: DP funny nap - lowres textures.jpg (71KB, 1150x649px) Image search: [Google]
DP funny nap - lowres textures.jpg
71KB, 1150x649px
>>385875493
Nice goalpost moving there, mate
>>
>>385872459
It was a okay game that really wanted to SH2. I enjoyed it but can understand the hate because of how fucking ugly it is compared to 3/4 faces and how the common monsters are uninspired as fuck.

I thought it had the best final boss in the series though. Giant dude in a wheelchair on life support trying to crush you as you pull out the plugs.
>>
>>385876289
>It does, Homecomingcuck.
I already established that homecoming was shit just slightly less shit than downpour. Ive played every silent hill at release starting from 1. Whats funny is you defending downpour at all.
>>
>>385876472
Never seen the game look like that. You're just determined to shit on Downpour. That's pretty autistic.
>>
>>385875843
>le tough, adult man act - the post
It's shame to hear that (You) have let your standards drop to rock bottom levels, and can't recognize a total mess of a game.

>>385876026
No, HC is miles better game AND better "SH game" to boot. Does not change that both are still complete shit compared to original quadrilogy.
>>
>>385875701
>that'd be Shattered Memories
Silent Hill 1(2): The Walking Sim does not fit into that category.
>it doesn't. It feels, sounds and plays like some Alan Wake clone.
How?
>no, it makes MORE of them. HC is literally better in every single possible way.
Downpour is actually playable. Can't say the same about Homecoming. I'm surprised anyone can bother completing that mess.
>yeah, people don't like to get lied to, and tend to hate broken, clunky and ugly games that don't make any sense at all.
Actually play the game, senpai. I'm pretty sure you haven't.
>>
>>385876492
>I thought it had the best final boss in the series though
you gotta be fucking kidding me
>>
>>385875493

Don't like viruses? Don't play Resident Evil games.

Don't like occult shit? Don't play Silent Hill games.

It's that simple. Now go and ruin another franchise, you already killed this one.
>>
>>385872459
I liked it. had its flaws, but overall I thought it was pretty good
>>
>>385876629
>No, HC is miles better game AND better "SH game" to boot.
It literally isn't.
>>
>>385872459
It was Silent Hill 2: 3.
>>
>>385876595
Not that anon but it's pretty generally agreed Downpour looks and plays like ass.

If you think that the game looks good or has good art design then good for you but you have really low standards m8
>>
>>385876595
Sorry, I have full right and knowledge TO hate this game. I expected great things from it, pre-purchased it, played it to the end - twice. It's just that shit.

I can totally sign everything TP says about the game, and they didn't even mention some of the problems and bugs I had of the game. Heck, I sure as hell didn't know or even expect the game to have HP regeneration for example.
>>
>>385876767
I'm fine with occult shit, I'm just not as into everything happening BECAUSE of cults. I just feel its undermining the whole monsters and spooky town when you write it off as "a bunch of dumb people did it."

I can't be the only one to think that and still like the franchise.
>>
>>385877027
Some of the otherworld sections look really great artistically in Downpour, but they're few and far between and also the symbolism is so fucking blunt and bashed over your head that I had a concussion after my first playthrough.
>>
>>385876175
this picture still looks like garbage.
it's fucking saddening to see this series repeatedly raped.
>>
>>385876629
>le tough, adult man act - the post
Should my responses be more retarded or something?
>>
Homecoming:
>It gives you the illusion that everything is explorable like the past games, but places that aren't story-progressive are locked.
>Dull environments.
>Raped the lore.
>Pyramid Head.
>The Cult is reduced to a bunch of gas mask wearing rednecks.
>It's basically Silent Hill: The Movie: The Video Game. And we know how those things turn out.
>Otherworld is uninspired. Just a dumbed down version of SH3's.
>Tries to be action packed.
>Controls are shit.
>Puzzles are shit.

Downpour:
>Explorable
>Has the same feel and atmosphere as an actual Silent Hill game.
>Doesn't rape the lore.
>Better environments.
>Better controls.
>Better puzzles.
>Has a more imaginative Otherworld that actually connects to the story and character.

The fact that any of you think Homecoming is a better game is a mental illness.
>>
>>385876832
Oh it is.
It feels, looks and sounds way more SH, partly thanks to Akira Yamaoka still doing the audio, and partly because it sticks to old SH conventions, no matter that too much of enemy-designs originate from the fucking film.

it is also much, much more enjoyable to actually PLAY, with fluid controls (besides that inventory and it's mega-healer item), good performance, and fairly detailed graphics.

>>385877147
>I just feel its undermining the whole monsters and spooky town when you write it off as "a bunch of dumb people did it."
If you seriously think that, then you don't know the games well enough.

if there's something I hate to death, it's the growing idea of the town being an omnipotent therapist town or purgatory, for no apparent reason.
>>
>>385877321
The fact that people argue over whether Downpour or Homecoming is a better game baffle me.
It's like arguing which breed of dog has better shit.
>>
>>385877147
You're not the only one, but you're also stupid because the series, even SH2, is about the cult. Besides, the only actual difference in there being a cult vs not being a cult is that there's a source for the evil. The same shit happens in all the games and there's still plenty of symbolism and hidden meanings because the monsters are still given form by the imagination, dreams, sins, and fears of the people they're pulled from. People who bitch about the cult are also the people who think the In Water ending is the most thematically appropriate ending in SH2. You're a faggot basically.
>>
>>385877321
Downpour still fails in every aspect, but nothing can be as much of a blunder as homecoming.
but unfortunately homecoming was a testament for things to come for the series
>>
>>385877062
>pre-purchased
>TP
confirmed retard
>>
>>385875493
>I liked this one because it didn't focus on the thing that made Silent Hill happen in the first place.

You people are the reason the series went down the shitter. Team Silent didn't dropped the cult stuff, they just wanted to tell a different story instead of making SH2 a direct sequel to SH1. There's even some minor cultist stuff in SH2 with the whole executioners, the town's history and the ritual to bring back someone back from the dead.

I don't know why people keep insisting that Silent Hill is about people going to face their inner demonsl, it literally happened in one game before the new devs started to slap SH2 into everything they made. Even the fucking movie was about the cult.

The fact is that Silent Hill is, and will always be about a cult that fucked everything up.
>>
>>385877321
>Doesn't rape the lore.
turning the town into a ghostly survival game a la Saw is "not" raping the lore?

Everything else is total bullshit too. The controls are THE most abysmal trash I've had to deal with, and combined with the terrible overall gameplay design that makes even Origins feel like good, the result is just frustrating.

Puzzles? There are practically no puzzles.
Same with the story, and the "otherworld" is the most blatant yet boring ripoff of certain other game title I hope people know already. Fucking waterslides and giant clocks? Running from a red void? Get real.

Yeah, a literal The Movie: The Game manages to be better than a (totally not literal SH2 wannabe) "original" title. That how bad DP is.
>>
>>385877404
the difference is that he actually enjoyed downpour and thought it was a good silent hill game. The main difference when it comes to this argument is that people that say that homecoming is better seem to acknowledge that both are garbage while downpour fans unironically like downpour.
>>
>>385877027
The game looks fine aside from the two kids that look ridiculously out of place.
>>
>>385877612
>I cannot into reading comprehension, as I dropped from school!
Who's the retard now?
It took TP ages to release their review video. At that point, I'd already finished the game WEEKS earlier.
>>
File: 1369500239059.jpg (18KB, 510x430px) Image search: [Google]
1369500239059.jpg
18KB, 510x430px
Let's run down the list of why this is the worst game ever fucking made.

>Awful monster designs.
Literally every enemy is a spooky zombie man or a spooky zombie lady. There is no meaning behind their designs other than "Murphy was in prison, I guess. Also bats." Homecoming at least had interesting monster design going for it, if nothing else. The Bogeyman is an exact copy of Pyramid Head (because every western Silent Hill dev feels the need to have a carbon copy of PH) except his design is...a spooky man in a raincoat.

>Awful combat.
Not a big deal in a Silent Hill game, right? You're supposed to run away from combat in Silent Hill. Except when the game fucking FORCES YOU TO FIGHT TO PROGRESS CONSTANTLY. There is a fucking BATTLE GAUNTLET towards the end of the game. Every encounter with a monster goes as follows:

>you block
>monster blocks
>you block
>monster blocks
>you block
>monster screams
>hammer the buttons and wiggle the sticks
>monster blocks

Ad infinitum until you want to blow your fucking brains out. There is no difficulty. There is no danger. There is only blocking.

>Awful characters with awful writing.
Murphy is an unlikable dullard with zero interesting qualities. Not only that, but according to the canon good ending, he has zero reason to feel tortured or be punished by Silent Hill because he didn't actually do anything wrong. His only crime is being a stupid piece of shit:
https://youtu.be/y0xj0QLfl7U

The utter pile of shit that is the writing is laid bare for all to see when the nun asks Murphy to pick up his sons' body. When Murphy arrives, he is greeted by the Bogeyman on a slab. He takes off the mask to reveal his son's face...and his son's killers face. It flickers back and forth. Because it represents them both lmao really makes u think

If you beat this game and then sat through the credits as fucking KORN played and thought "Wow, this is truly the last great SH game!" you need to fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>385872459
>This was honestly a good game.
no
>>
>>385876492
The best final boss is incubus with "god" being a close second. Dp at least doesn't have the worst final boss as that would be an hc accomplishment with amnion
>>
File: sh_alchemilla010001.jpg (150KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sh_alchemilla010001.jpg
150KB, 1920x1080px
In all honesty it would be almost impossible to make a silent hill game now because the original ones don't really have good gameplay at all, so if you try to ape it you'll just end up with fanfic with garbage gameplay.

That being said i did actually enjoy silent hill alchemilla
>>
homecoming had hells descent which automatically makes it better than downpour
>>
>>385878071
My nigga! I thought I was the only one who knew this thing.

Seriously gave me the biggest SH nostalgia vibes and overall mood than anything else in past decade or so.
>>
>>385877714

Are you fat or ugly? Maybe you set you values too low in life or in general and are ok with dating uglier girls and playing shit games and praising them on the internet.

That would really explain a lot.
>>
>>385878301
what was your favorite part and why was it the mannequins

*teleports behind u*
>>
>>385877569
I like the cult and still like in water over the other endings.
>>
>>385878006
>If you beat this game and then sat through the credits as fucking KORN played and thought "Wow, this is truly the last great SH game!" you need to fucking kill yourself.

Oh fuck, I completely forgot about that. I'm laughing right now at how ridiculous that decision was.
>>
>>385878509
it shows that the author had played his share of Condemned, yeah. It's starting to be a bit too common horror trope by now.

My favorite thing was to finally get to return to good ol' Alchemilla hospital. Oh, and the game has motherfucking working, BROKEN mirrors!
>>
>>385878725
didn't slavs make this game? that would explain the working mirrors
>>
>>385878557
Well then you're only kinda stupid.
>>
>>385878725
That pic alone is better than Homecoming and Downpour combined.

When did that game come out?
>>
>>385878006
>that video
why is the voice acting AND the graphics worse than silent hill 3?
>>
>>385878819
They did. But it's not exactly a "game", just a HL2 mod.
Yes, Source's no stranger to working mirrors. Even the "Underhell: Chapter 1", a big total-conversion mod too, and my personal GOTY of '13, had working mirrors - intact and broken variants.

>>385878934
a couple years ago.
>>
>>385879184
because lazy westerners + Unreal 3 engine + mid-00's console hardware = this shit soup you see.

Tomm's underlings clearly never watched the Making Of -videos of SH1-3. It's just ridiculous that a ragtag team from japan could do more believable and fluid animations on PS2 than what we're seeing today.
>>
File: Heather_outside_lakeside.jpg (400KB, 1473x869px) Image search: [Google]
Heather_outside_lakeside.jpg
400KB, 1473x869px
could you imagine what the teams from 1-4 could have accomplished this generation with a true sequal to silent hill?
>>
>>385879406
playing it with VR must be scary as fuck
>>
>>385879585
but anon he loves SH more than you

>>385873864
>>
>>385879771
Yes. The "PT" was a fine indicator.

In case people still don't know, ex-KojimaProductions housed many ex-TS members after they'd been broken up by Konami.
>>
File: 8.png (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
8.png
3MB, 1920x1200px
>>385878006
Oh god I forgot about Korn.
>>
>>385879771
Kojima was making it happen but now we'll never know.

Shame since P.T. was pretty great at showing they knew how to make a new SH without copying any of the past ones.
>>
>>385879771
not to mention the use of audio. If you havent played silent hill with headphones or a great surround sound set up youre really missing out. Ill never fucking forget those random banging noises in silent hill 3 that had my fucking jump up and check my door/outside of my window because i thought somebody was breaking in.
>>
>>385880016
what reason is there to go on living
>>
>>385880052
They even played korn for its announcement trailer. It was getting torn apart for that alone long before it ever actually released.
>>
>>385880274
makes me feel bad for korn honestly.
>>
OH YES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83hl5TlAbDA
>>
>>385879184
https://youtu.be/UVtT5F4pqXc

It's crazy that this was made 14 years ago and that the facial animations still hold up to this day. Heather's mannerism feel very real, she has this very charming sarcasm whenever she reacts to bullshit. Also keep in mind that the staff worked with english voices while making the lip-sync animations, and they still sync-up quite good.
>>
File: 1389141579493.png (140KB, 271x278px) Image search: [Google]
1389141579493.png
140KB, 271x278px
Downpour shitters universally btfo! Look how they ran away once everyone told them how shit their game is.

I have a running theory that these threads are all made by Tomm and his cronies to try to make their games seem less shit. I mean who else would defend that garbage?
>>
>>385875954
>e how it was all a dream the cop girl was having, but the cop girl also wasn't a cop, she was actually a prisoner and Murphy was actually a cop, and the cop girl was dreaming about being Murphy for some reason.

list every ending on downpour please
>>
>>385882089
Ok but don't whine about spoilers.

There's another ending where almost every sh character awaits Murphy in a dark room to throw him a surprise party.

There's another where Murphy is executed cause he was evil all along and sewell was the good guy.

Then there's the good ending where girl cop kills guy cop and lets Murphy go.

I wouldn't even bother youtubing them. They're all just as shit in motion as they are in writing so honestly being apoiled on them is more a service than anything cause it saves you from playing the shitty game and getting nonsense thrown at you for it.
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.