[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GUYS, I FIGURED OUT HOW TO FIX MULTIPLAYER IN THE NEXT DOOM GAME!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: BromDoom.jpg (1MB, 2000x2325px) Image search: [Google]
BromDoom.jpg
1MB, 2000x2325px
GUYS, I FIGURED OUT HOW TO FIX MULTIPLAYER IN THE NEXT DOOM GAME!

Get this: I figure since everyone's favorite part of Doom (2016) multiplayer is turning into a monster, they should go with the "character based asymmetrical matchup" style of multiplayer FPSes and make it so that you can select either Doomguy or any one of the monsters from the Doom games. Then just balance it out so that no one is overpowered or underpowered (by much, at least enough so that it's fair). Obviously like the dogs from Doom RPG could be a weak/joke character, but otherwise just make sure everybody is balanced out and you're good to go.

Some ideas for shit that they could do to balance shit out:
>Arch-vile needs its fire attack thing nerfed severely
>Pain Elementals could still be allowed to spit Lost Souls as long as they were either limited in number, or turned into homing projectiles that can be shot out of the air like normal Lost Souls
>possibly new weapons for monsters to pick up?
>if you HAVE to have more humans, just throw in Crash since she's Doomguy's training instructor, and give her Quake III Arena weapons
>MAYBE you could toss in Phobos as well and give him Quake II weapons

Thoughts?
>>
no, you are fired
>>
>>385869137
wtf is this enthusiasm, are you 12 or something
get jaded fag
>>
No. Fuck off Todd.
Fix the shitty, casual and tedious SP first.
>>
File: 1499195674315.jpg (22KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1499195674315.jpg
22KB, 180x180px
Why don't they just take Quake, dumb it down to around UT levels, take out the MOBA bullshit and add in actual mod support?
>>
Devs are correctly figuring out that if they aren't going to put in the level of effort to make multiplayer of the quality of a standalone multiplayer product, then it's not worth the effort and you're better off phoning it in.
>>
>>385869683
this is wrong. They should just not being making multiplayer for the eceleb pro gamers. just make it fun.
>>
>>385870080
THIS
>>
Enemy Territory: Hell on Earth when?
>>
>>385869137
WELL WELL WELL, IF IT AIN'T OUR OLD FRIEND, DREAMBOY
>>
Or why not just remove loadouts and give everyone the air control ability from the singleplayer?
>>
>>385870080
>they should not be making multiplayer
You know that the OG doom's had multiplayer, right? And that it was just as popular as the singleplayer campaign?
>>
>>385869137
>balancing the demons

No nigga the whole point of demon upgrade is the power trip aspect. You're supposed to be a OP little shit when you got the rune.
>>
>>385870769
>it was just as popular as the singleplayer campaign

let's not get carried away
>>
>>385869137
My favorite part of doom 2016 multiplayer is how it settles at a good point between old arena shooters and modern fps games, not turning into the demon
>>
>>385869458
>take Quake, dumb it down to around UT levels
The only way you could make Quake dumber is playing Instagib Rocket Arena. That takes out the counting to 30 for item spawns, and the management of armor. That's all Quake has for depth. It's literally the most "pure" shooter.

It'd be nice if they actually added real content, mobility tools like the Translocator and Grapple Hook (not this once-a-minute Hero Ability bullshit) and made better maps that weren't just tiny cubes.
>>
okay but what if a "1 vs All" game mode where it's a bunch of Demons versus one super buff Doomguy.
>>
>>385870980
if that was the entire focus of multiplayer then you'd need to balance it out

the only way it'd make sense for any of them to be overpowered would be because of Doomguy being able to get weapons they can't that would balance things out
>>
>>385871313
That's actually an awesome idea. That could be added on as an alternate multiplayer mode.
>>
>>385871313
>one super buff Doomguy
Isn't that a bit redundant?
>>
>try dooms multiplayer
>its not bad at all, nothing really new but a solid arena shooter
>theres only 7 people playing on a free weekend

What a shame.
>>
>>385872762
It's basically Halo's + Quake's multiplayer, but inferior in every way. There's no reason to play the multiplayer when there are several other games that are functionally identical while doing everything better. There's nothing to differentiate it from other games' multiplayer.
>>
>You have 18 or older to post here
>>
>>385870998
It was. When it came out Doom was THE competitive fps and mid-90's companies would report productivity losses because everybody slacked off to deathmatch over LAN. It just lost competitive popularity faster than games like Quake which had a stronger focus on multiplayer.
>>
Just give it splitscreen so I can play it with a friend. Would be a fun Halo clone.
>>
>>385873459
>being a homosexual
>>
>>385870980
This it's all about the powerplay just like when you get the PFG, Gauss Cannon, or Chainsaw.

They really should have put the Berserk power up in too.

Nothing like getting massive kill streaks when you switch to a demon and become a terror on the battlefield with the entire enemy team working together to take you down while your team tries to run interference and protect you.

Such a rush.
>>
>>385874735
>splitscreen

THIS

EVERY FPS SHOULD HAVE COUCH MULTIPLAYER
>>
File: doom_2-1233702.jpg (82KB, 910x393px) Image search: [Google]
doom_2-1233702.jpg
82KB, 910x393px
How about fucking coop this time. We got arcade mode which tore all the story bits out. We could've had it this time.
>>
>>385871313
>>385871540
>>385871670
This is basically last man standing for Posession Mode.
>>
>>385874867
>They really should have put the Berserk power up in too

With glory kills it's almost redundant.
>>
>>385869436
He's definitely not over 25. After that you have no choice but to realize what the world is and you lose all hope and enthusiasm in anything and can't wait to die.
>>
>>385869137
Go play Master of Puppets servers on Zandronum, faggot. It's your wet dream come true.
>>
>>385869137
It could work. I'd like to try it if it got made.
>>
How about we just focus on the single player? Leave the multiplayer to Quake.
>>
>>385875648
Well I always picture the hilarious over the top kills with it in campaign mode. I'll never get tired of ripping an Imp's face in half or DBZ punching guys across the room into hamburger meat.
>>
>>385874973
not a bad idea
>>
new doom's formula isn't bad imo. it mixes modern FPS with arena FPS and is a decent foundation for a good competitive game. just needs more of an emphasis on map control. weapon balance needs to be totally rethought, loadouts need more restrictions. armor needs to be more important, scrap the easy-to-use power weapons and stop the bloat with the powerups (like don't put two powerups on the same map). keep the demon rune shit in maybe two modes and give them a single consistent spawn point rather than tossing it on the map through RNG which unfairly fucks over the unlucky team in an instant. and add 1v1

>>385875973
quake is a joke right now. champions is flopping as far as betas go. they alienated most existing arena FPS fans and there's literally no indication that OW and CS:GO fans are moving over. it's an embarrassment and a waste of time of a project

also "quake = mp, doom = sp" is just a silly meme and is the reason why quakefags won't get their campaign game. doom created the arena shooter deathmatch and made competitive FPS a thing, so of course I expect DOOM games going forward to have MP. to be honest i would want any $60 FPS game to have multiplayer, i love multiplayer
>>
>>385875973
As long as the single player remains the focus, there's no reason to not also add on top notch multiplayer on top of that as an extra feature.
>>
I'm eagerly awaiting D44M II with the campaign picking up where the first left off.

Refine the MP a bit and we have ourselves another fun Doom game.
>>
File: 1500502625093.png (135KB, 225x233px) Image search: [Google]
1500502625093.png
135KB, 225x233px
>>385875753
>>
>you will never get another counter operative multiplayer like in perfect dark
>>
>entire team Is demons
>1 player is doomguy
>demons have to survive
>>
>>385881079
They'd have to add more playable demons for that each excelling at different roles and tactics to take him down. I like the current ones but it's still too limited.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.