[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know how adult gamers of today fondly remember the NES? Kids

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0177.jpg (44KB, 1016x199px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0177.jpg
44KB, 1016x199px
You know how adult gamers of today fondly remember the NES? Kids of tomorrow will think of the PS4 the same way. It's officially a classic console, it just surpassed the NES and sold 10 million more units than the SNES.

Wow. Thoughts, /v/?
>>
I remember having a library of about 40 games that worked only half the time, and even then for only 10 minutes at a time. SNES is a massively better console.
>>
>>385866809

>my faulty unit is a testament to the fact all PS4 consoles are bad
>>
>>385867001
Who said anything about the PS4?
>>
>>385867449

Misread your post, sorry.
>>
>>385867539
's OK
>>
Who fucking cares about kids of tomorrow?
>>
In a world where video games has been normalized vs. one where games weren't as mainstream.

NES did very well considering that most games were utter fucking trash on it. The same could be said about the PS4 I guess.

The most impressive feat in modern gaming will be whatever takes over mobile gaming, if companies manage to beat the major grossing jiants there it will be impressive.
>>
>>385867753
The ps4 and xbox and switch are possibly the last video game consoles.
>>
>>385867539
lol rageboi
>>
>>385867897
People said the same about PS3, X360 and Wii U. Only Nintendo left the home console race.
>>
>future classic console
>Has no future classic games
The original Castlevania alone is better than the entire PS4 library
>>
>caring about the NES
Did anyone aside from hipsters actually enjoy that shit? Seriously, take off your nostalgia goggles. SNES and 64 were LEAGUES ahead of that garbage console.
>>
>>385868184

Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh etc etc etc.
>>
just like generations remember the ps3 lol
>>
>>385868448

They sold even less than the NES in eras where games were getting more and more into the mainstream, which means people didn't think as fondly about them as they did about the NES.
>>
>>385868654
Uncharted 4 and Horizon are both trash.
I'll give you Witcher 3 and Bloodborne.
Not sure about Nioh, it was good but I don't feel like it's a game that will age well
>>
>>385868179
>Only Nintendo left the home console race.
Except the Switch can be played as a home console and is meant to be played that way in particular for local multiplayer.
>>
>>385868789
NES was revolutionary for adapting higher quality arcade games such as Super Mario Bros and Donkey Kong (at the time) to home console, meaning you didn't have to go out of your way to play said games.

The differences in SNES and N64 aren't nearly as revolutionary in a commoner and developer sense since the conventions they brought were things you could already do on PC.

The software is where SNES and N64 actually delivered compelling experiences (mostly 1st party games though).
>>
>>385870421

It's a handheld first though
>>
>>385866526
How many LE versions of the PS4 are there?
How many LE versions of the NES?
>>
>>385871638

Does it matter?
>>
>>385872883
Yes it does. LE versions of consoles can add an additional console but not an additional user. Same reason why the 360(RRoD) or the DS/3DS line of systems are heavily inflated in consoles sold.
>>
>>385868789
NES sold so well because it was the only console worth buying . SG1000 and Master System were garbage and no one gave a fuck about pre-crash consoles anymore. The only competition Nintendo had were computer games and those targeted a different audience. SNES had Genesis and Turbografix16 to compete with and DOS gaming was gaining popularity with normies as well.
>>
Sony always wins baby will be a meme for the future kids to enjoy

The NES is a piece of shit though and before you sperg out the videgame crash only happened in 1 country (fatland) everywhere else the market was healthy.

One more thing every Sony console has outsold the first Nintendo console.

Nintendo can't say the same thing bar the Wii (and only by a few hundred thousand/1million to the PS1)
>>
>>385870673
I think the main difference is that the NES was revolutionary for the time but a lot of games are still playable even today because of tight controls and the games ran fast enough. The N64 and PS1 brought 3d graphics to the masses which should be praised, but a lot of games had shitty controls, looked terrible and ran at sub-30 fps. they just don't hold up as well because 5th gen was all about pushing hardware to its limits. Gamecube and PS2 were massive refinements over early 3d.
>>
whatever, happens with every generation.
>>
>>385870421
Switch is a handheld.

This is also the answer to the "what gen is the Switch?" question. Consoles are marked by their hardware, and the Switch is running mobile hardware optimized for portable play, and sacrifices the raw power of consoles to do so. Thus, the Switch is a 6th Generation portable console.

Just because we reached a point in which portable hardware is comparable to console hardware doesn't mean it stops being portable hardware.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.