[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a fun character build for New Vegas? I bought the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

File: main-img-nv.png (376KB, 602x475px) Image search: [Google]
main-img-nv.png
376KB, 602x475px
What's a fun character build for New Vegas? I bought the ultimate edition during the last Steam sale and I'm finally getting around to it. I played the base game way back in the day but never played the DLC. Pretty sure I played a pretty normal guns character before but I'm looking for something different. Are any of the heavy weapons fun, or any of the Pyromaniac weapons?
>>
>>385865174
Cheat building. Just player.setav 100 everything man.
>>
>>385865410
Nah, you already get OP as fuck from the base game and I hear the DLC only compounds on that.
>>
Tie your cock to a balloon and become a ballonmancer.
>>
with all the dlcs you can go up to level 50 and 100 all but i think 5 skills so you can really spread your proverbial wings. you can easily use all the heavy weapons, explosives, guns and still have plenty of room left for the mainstays like repair, lockpick, scence, etc. otherwise you can purposefully limit yourself with logan's loophole. the heavy weapons are fun but ammo for them is different a story. you should really mix them with other stuff, but again you have lots of room to make a character that can do mostly everything.
>>
Bumping for any weird or underrated builds
>>
>>385865174
Just do a cowboy build maybe? Psycho build, rely on drugs, use only melee weapons and explosives. Dude just use your imagination
>>
>>385865797
Even then, you can take the comprehension perk and get all of your skills up to at least 80 passing virtually any speech and skill check. Now, special checks on the other hand is where you'll be limited, but there's plenty of gear/drugs you can take to boost them.

Personally, a quicksilver unarmed build was incredibly fun. Spamming turbo and implant GRX with rushing water and using Greased Lightning has you punching people at the speed of light.
>>
>>385869934
I was considering melee or unarmed since the only other time I played I used guns. The uniques added by the DLC seem pretty awesome.
>>
>nu-vegas

play a better game like fallout 3
>>
Quit spamming your shit game.
>>
>>385865174
Deadpool.

Put intelligence to zero, luck to 10, the rest in endurance, and make sure you have wild wild wasteland.
Small guns and melee.
>>
>>385869934
You can easily get all your skills to 100 with at least 4 int and skill books
>>
House and Yes-man are the only good routes. NCR is boring as fuck and Caesars legion isn't even finished.
>>
>>385871729
>NCR is boring as fuck
>literally has a "Stop the president from being assassinated" mission
>>
File: Kenshiro.jpg (85KB, 600x664px) Image search: [Google]
Kenshiro.jpg
85KB, 600x664px
>>385865174
Stupid high crit chance and Strength and two step goodbye.
>>
File: 1499840672318.png (490KB, 600x734px) Image search: [Google]
1499840672318.png
490KB, 600x734px
>>385865174
Low INT/High STR melee explosives. Be a slack-jawed domestic terrorist who hits people with heavy objects if they use big words to confuse and anger you.
>>
>>385865174
9/5/9/2/4/6/5
Melee/Sneak/Unarmed
take finesse as soon as it's available. also be sure to buy the agility implant so you can get the Slayer perk.
>>
File: Lucky.jpg (2MB, 4000x2934px) Image search: [Google]
Lucky.jpg
2MB, 4000x2934px
The Vegas build.
10 Luck
Lucky
Every +% crit chance gear and perk you can get.
>>
>>385871729
>legion isn't even finished.
Doesn't mean it isn't worth going through
>>
FULL RETARD RUN
>you're a retarded autist that's tired of everyone's shit. despite your dog-level intelligence and your extreme social ineptitude, you managed to survive in the wasteland due to your almost superhuman hardiness and retard strength. after a daring escape from your special education class during nap time at the age of 19, you wandered the wastes as your own master until an NCR fire team found you on the outskirts of Primm, naked, emaciated, covered in abraxo powder and clutching tightly to a teddy bear.

Melee, Unarmed, Explosives
SPECIAL: 10 STR, 4 PER, 10 END, 1 CHR, 2 INT, 6 AGI, 7 LCK
Perks: Hunter, Demolitions Expert, Lead Belly, Toughness, Stone Wall, Super Slam, Hit the Deck, Piercing Strike, Adamantium Skeleton, basically anything you can get that improves your retard survivability
Factions: Anyone that would seem most desirable to a huge man with the mentality of a child. You don't think for the long term or think politically, and while you're not malicious you have little understanding of complex morality. Rather, you are very loyal to anyone who first shows you any affection or is willing to award you with enough caps, and more caps means more abraxo cleaner.
>You have a severe obsession with abraxo cleaner and collect any boxes you find. only in your homesteads do you feel safe unloading your pack of precious abraxo, and your homes are lined from the walls with boxes upon boxes of abraxo cleaner. every night in bed, you lay down and tear open another package, pouring the light cyan powder over yourself and inhaling the intoxicating fumes until the chemical lulls you to sleep.
>Your temper has the possibility of driving you into an extreme retard rage when reacting to certain stimuli. even small criticism can elicit an explosively violent reaction. triggers of this tard rage also include the loss of your teddy bear and being in a frustrated state of mind
>>
File: 1467589916208.jpg (289KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1467589916208.jpg
289KB, 800x600px
>>385871510
>>385871604
>>
>>385872428
epic! simply epic!
>>
>>385872428
Joshbabs this mad lol !
>>
>>385871873
So does House and Yesman. What's your point?
>>
File: IMG_0391.jpg (163KB, 431x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0391.jpg
163KB, 431x445px
>>385872354
I wish that there was a way to make the game regonize total tard strength or gunslinger badasses. It would be way better if even caesar and House were fucking terrified of the PCs reputation, and spent their resources staying away from him rather than on recruitment attempts.
>>
>>385872765
Considering the player is supposed to be actively involved with Mojave politics, I don't think they could avoid them even if they tried. It would be best to try to get you on their side before the other guys do.
>>
File: Anger.png (737KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Anger.png
737KB, 1024x768px
>>385872428
You can't kill a god josh no matter how hard you try.
>>
does anyone have the templates?
>>
Are the DLCs worth it?
>>
>>385876430
DM and Lone some road are pretty good, rest are ok to meh.
>>
>>385865174
For a low level run a sneaky diplomat is pretty viable and you can do some dubious shit and get away with it.
>>
>>385872354

>10 STR

Lol. Retard Strength.
>>
>>385876498

Are they good for lore, atmosphere, etc?
>>
>>385876498
OWB is great. The only one that's only even kinda not great is Honest Hearts...but Honest Hearts has a couple great characters and also the Survivalist story

>>385876794
Every DLC is fitting for New Vegas. None of them feel out of the realm of possibility for the universe. They all interweave with one another in some capacity
>>
>>385877008
Mobious was a good villain, but OWB it had too much reddit humour, sponge enemies and fetch quests.
>>
File: roll.png (840KB, 2001x2800px) Image search: [Google]
roll.png
840KB, 2001x2800px
>>385876794
DM, OWB and LR are good for lore, DM has great atmosphere, HH is a short, fun romp in somewhere besides the desert.

>>385875665
You mean the roll chart? Or template for what?
>>
>>385877192
rorru
>>
>>385877192
lets roll
>>
>>385877192
rooollling
>>
>>385877173
I enjoyed it. I laughed at a few things, felt heart n the characters and their stories.

But fuck the enemies. They take a ridiculous amount of hits. Makes no sense.
>>
>>385877192
curio
>>
>>385877880
That's what all the proton weapons are for.
>>
Get the Alternative Start mod anon, it does fucking wonders to the game. Let's you specify your character history which allows special bonus and negatives and start you a random place from the Wasteland (but if you want to start at Goodsprings it'll let you choose that too).

With that and a couple other mods I played the game as an sleezy Ghoul Doctor where I had shit Endurance and Combat skill points but manipulate my companions to do what I want.
>>
>>385877192

Aside from the release order, do any of the DLCs have a particular feel to them that they could be played in a specific order as in to close off the courier's story in a way? If you know what I mean...

>>385877008

So they weave well into the vanilla game courier's arc?
>>
>>385877607
trying again, options suck
>>
>>385877192
Roll.
>>
>>385878015
Release order is the way to go because DM/OWB/LR have an over-arching story. You start learning about LR and OWB in DM, meet some of the major characters, etc. HH is completely separate so I usually play it first.
>>
>>385878265

What is honest hearts about?
>>
>>385878507
You're hired as a caravan guard for a trip through Zion and shit goes south real quick.
>>
>>385878265
You got DM and OWB reversed. OWB have tons of foreshadowing of DM but DM doesn't really have anything to foreshadow OWB.
>>385878507
It's about the best character in the game getting stuck in a really short and not particular interesting story.
>>
Stealth archer
>>
>>385878507
Courier goes to camping and do lot of drugs with natives.
>>
>>385878705
>You got DM and OWB reversed. OWB have tons of foreshadowing of DM but DM doesn't really have anything to foreshadow OWB.
That's false, DM is where you first hear about the Big MT and meet Elijah and Christine. There's a reason there's a DM challenge called "Things to Come!" where you learn all about said topics, and also a reason it was released first.
>>
>>385878603
>>385878770

Is that the one with the guy who has dreadlocks and wears a mask?

>>385878705

So it's best to play HH first, because it has no connection to the others?

What is Dead Money about?
>>
>>385879114
That's lonesome road, honest scouts is about the burning man.

Dead money is the suicide squad featuring (you)
>>
>>385879114
My personal order is
HH-OWB-DM-LR

Honest Hearts is the most independent one and has almost no connection to the others apart for a couple of lines. Old World Blue's has a whole bunch of not just dialogue but entire locations and items that foreshadow Dead Money.

Dead Money is best described as a horror survival game mixed with a bank heist. I don't want to spoil it to much but it has the best writing of all the DLC's but it's also the most annoying and unforgiving. The player is stuck in a poisness wasteland filled with traps, undead people and all your allies are people who don't particularly like each other.
>>
>>385879298

Lonesome road is the dreadlock guy, but should LR be played secondly? HH first, LR second? Old world blues thirdly? Dead money last?

What is OWB about? Is that the one with the mountain base and talking computers?
>>
>>385865174
Only use explosives, you'll only die a couple hundred times while fighting indoors
>>
>>385879825
HH then OWB then DM and last Lonesome road, the game warns you about the difficulty of each DLC, HH having no warning.
>>
>>385865174
Play as a Jap from Hiroshima that got nuked so hard he was sent 200 years into the future
>can only use varmint (type 38 arisaka), hunting rifle (type 99 arisaka), .22 pistol (nambu), automatic rifle (type 96 LMG) and katanas
>max sneak like the slant-eyed gook you are
>rape and murder every female you see
>>
>>385879825
Don't listen to him, Lonesome Road has to be played last or at least very recommended. Not only is it the one that is foreshadowed the most, even more then dead Money, but it's the most difficult one. Anything less then Level 25 and you'll get fucked hard.

Also it lets you do some pretty huge decisions that can affect the rest of the game. You can play it second but you're not gonna have a good time if you do.
>>
>>385879705

Nice. Which DLC has the best ending? I read somewhere that you can get your courier trapped forever in one of the outcomes.
>>
>>385879920
that's what Hit the Deck is for. you can pretty much drop frags at your feet with that perk.
>>
Why is Honest Hearts so shit? There are no quests beyond companion and main quests, and the towns amount to "10 tribals and a campfire"
The only good thing about it are the new survival recipes and the survivalists stories.
>>
>>385880104
why are you asking about the endings? just play them you tard. christ millennials are weird.
>>
>>385880104
DM, you can close the vault at the end and let Elijah poison the mojave.
>>
>>385880104
All the endings leave giant implications of stuff you effect in the long run. I guess in terms of how you effect lore it's probably a tie for OWB or LR. That said DM is still the best written, even if only a few endings are as large scaled as the other two I mentioned.

But honestly though just play them for yourselves and don't ruin the surprise.
>>
>>385877192
Lets go
>>
>>385880215
Best thing about it was using RTS to build a post apocalyptic wild west frontier town in the worldspace and fighting off the natives.
>>
>>385880346

Is the courier's stash worth bothering paying for?
>>
>>385881015
>Resorting to buy DLC's to make the game easier for you
If you're a pansy sure.
Actually no, even then it's really not much worth it. It's a marginally better Horse Armor pack.
>>
>>385881015
no
wtf is wrong with you, just use console commands to hack the items in if you're that much of a fucking casual
>>
Convince me any revolver is better than the Lil' Devil or 12mm gun
>>
>>385865174
Cowboy build, revolvers and lever-action only, along with the Project Nevada mod that adds more guns. Also if you do Dead Money and really like the Police Pistol, get the mod that adds it to the Cowboy perk list too.

Or you can just do explosive ordinace run, bomb the shit out of everything
>>
>>385877192
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYnFIRc0k6E
>>
>>385871510
>>385871604
>>
>>385881329
Most revolvers are admittedly shit late game but Hunting Revolver is pretty damn great.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.