[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In terms of story and narrative, GTA IV was better to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: EHuxhyP.png (791KB, 995x1197px) Image search: [Google]
EHuxhyP.png
791KB, 995x1197px
>In terms of story and narrative, GTA IV was better to GTA V.

Discuss.
>>
That's actually truth. The story was way darker too, which made the whole atmosphere better IMO.
>>
>>385860778
No it wasn't. The story loses focus after the first chapter.
>>
>>385860778
It took itself way too seriously without having the resources to earn it. It's Rockstar's biggest problem, they're actually very bad at writing stories.
>>
>>385860778
>gta 5

AHAHAH GUYZ LETS ROB BANKS AND SHIT XDDDD

>gta 4

I RAPED AND PILLAGED BOSNIAN MUDSLIMES I FEEL SO GUILTY

>does exactly the same thing he did in yugoslavian war anyway

To be honest, GTA series stories are shit.
>>
No shit. Even people like me who prefer V can admit as much.

V's story is totally crippled by following three protags because it gives you underdeveloped characters and a plot that goes nowhere.
>>
>>385860778
Who cares. It's all dust in the wind.
You played it, you enjoyed it, what's more to say.
>>
>>385860778
It was a lot more enjoyable, at least.
>>
>>385861108
I actually like all three as characters, but as the plot goes its not much of a story.
>>
>>385860778
V didn't have enough time to tell a story, they rushed the single player and they actually thought Strangers and Freaks was a good enough substitute for a fucking plot.
>>
San Andres was the last good Grand Theft Auto game
>>
Should I get GTA III on PS3?
>>
>>385861706
no III is overrated shit
play Vice City or San Andreas instead
>>
>>385860778
If you're 12 sure
>>
>>385862258
>III is overrated shit
>play Vice City
oh the irony
>>
>>385862323
VC is overrated too, but III is essentially a shitty version of it. there's nothing likeable it other than the soundtrack.
i'd easily recommend SA, but i figured he'd have already played it.
>>
>>385862258
I already have those on PS4. I got them on sale for $8, and I don't feel like paying the full $15 for III.
>>
>>385860778
In terms of everything bar graphics and arguably driving plus the addition of planes and boats that weren't shit, IV does everything better.

The only issue I have with it is the ludonarrative dissonance that's really just a necessity of the game itself - Niko can tell stories about how empty he feels and how awful his life is where he attempts to escape a life of crime, but immediately after a cutscene I can get into an ice cream truck and run civilians down in the street.

That Special Someone has some of the best dialogue in any Rockstar game hands down though.

"You killed my friends for one thousand dollars?"
"How much do you charge to kill someone?"

It's not a masterpiece compared to some films, books or TV series, but those two lines always stick with me. Niko's a hypocrite. Yet unlike the relatively poor characterisation of V's protagonists unless you actively seek out side missions and friend activities, he changes throughout the game.
>>
>>385863267
>15 dollarydoos for a nearly 16 year old game
WEW
>>
>>385860778
well no shit, 5 has no story because all the effort went to the online cash shop.
>>
>>385861550
You mean Chinatown Wars.
>>
they're both bad
>>
>>385863267
Buy it. III is unique and fun.
>>
>>385860778

WAH MY NAME IS NIKO BELLIC I HATE KILLING AND THE WAR

>kills someone for 2 dollars

>WOE IS ME WHY AM I IN THIS LIFE

What a trash character. GTAIVs story was garbage.
>>
>>385865564
You're garbage.
>>
GTA IV was an edgy, half baked B grade crime story that took itself too seriously.

However, best part about it was it had the best side characters ever like Brucie, Little Jacob and Badman and Dwayne.
>>
>>385861108
Three protagonist thing was actually first considered for San Andreas. I wonder who would we even play as.
>>
>>385866324
I'm pretty sure that we would play as another member from the Families gang
>>
indeed, its such a shame they fell for the "poeple hate realism" meme

>>385866324
probablly cj, ceasar and woozie
>>
GTA stories will always be bad until it gets rid of villains being cycled out/forgotten as the story goes on.
>>
>>385866542

>switch to woozie
>screen goes black
>>
File: 1500165444570.png (291KB, 368x290px) Image search: [Google]
1500165444570.png
291KB, 368x290px
>serbian character
>no turbofolk music
what were they thinking
>>
>>385860778
gta 5 had a terrible joke to serious moment ratio. It didn't take itself seriously at all. The whole having kids shit really pissed me off immensely
>>
>>385860778
V tried too hard to appeal to the numale/hipster crap going on at the moment.
>>
GTA 4 is the only game where I've really felt the 'ludo-narrative dissonance' (though I don't like the term), but more than just the gameplay not matching the story, which I think can kind of be forgiven (it's something all games struggle with), but even stuff like Nico in the story cutscenes vs Nico hanging out with companions is so different it really stops me enjoying the writing even for its own sake.
>>
File: 1204665662291.jpg (163KB, 562x995px) Image search: [Google]
1204665662291.jpg
163KB, 562x995px
True. The diamonds story was neat but I have to give 5 credit for the homages to well known heist movies.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.