[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they going to release it once people forget about it so they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 600x (1).jpg (97KB, 600x846px) Image search: [Google]
600x (1).jpg
97KB, 600x846px
Are they going to release it once people forget about it so they don't refund it when it releases? Or do you think they're just waiting for the money to dry up and say there's no money to refund? What do you think?
>>
Can you refund early access games when they release? because I have 600+ hours in this peice of shit through being an autist and I'd rather have the money back
>>
>>385858174
Yeah, as long as you dont have 2 hours post launch
>>
>>385858174
No. One game developer did it and now underage faggots think it is the norm.
>>
>>385857765
How come the mod was so much more fun than the standalone?
>>
>>385858309
Community and zombies were a threat. The custom maps were great too.
>>
>>385858174
How much of a piece of human garbage do you have to do be to refund something you got 600 hours of entertainment out of? Go back to /pol/ you principle-less shit-eating scum.
>>
>>385858449
>you can't derail this thread
>hold my beer
>>
>>385858174
No you can't. If you play more than 2 hours you'll be denied, except under certain circumstances where an employee allows it.
>>
They are still working on it. They are showing beta gameplay at Gamescom.
>>
>>385858174
Yeah just don't go over 2 hours after EA is over. Just type something like the game did not end up like what they promised as the reason. Works every time
>>
>>385858796
>beta
years too late
>>
>>385858309
Because Dean was lead dev, not Brian "appeal to the Twitch streamers so they'll be my friends" Hicks
The first public Alpha, worked on by Dean, was the best version. Everything after he left was shit
>>
>>385858848
It doesn't really matter, the people who want to see the game completed will care. At this point they are only still developing for the hardcore fans.
>>
>>385859048
>Faggot Twitch streamers
>hardcore fans
All the "hardcore fans" went back to the mod or ArmA 3 versions
>>
>>385858174
Why din't you just pirate the games
>>
>>385859170
They are not hardcore fans at all, they are the ones who jumped on the Twitch bandwagon and only want to play GTA with zombies.
>>
>>385859490
At least there are zombies in those :^)
>>
>>385858309
They focused too much on the survival aspect being in depth. However, It just makes it annoying to die after putting up with so much BS in one shot. Yah, it sucked dying in the mod yoo, but you lost 1 item of clothes and a couple of guns max.
>>
>>385858309
>How come the mod was so much more fun than the standalone?

1) Better atmosphere, and a big portion of that came from the music which they didn't port over to the Standalone for some reason.

https://youtu.be/r68uZehZqN8

2) Although not a huge threat in either game, zombies were a bigger threat in the mod, making for an overall more threatening environment.

3) Although you could die from hunger and thirst in the mod, you didn't need to be constantly drinking and eating just to not die. The mod let food be more plentiful, but also even if you couldn't get food and water it took a very very long time for that to be something to actually kill you. The standalone will kill you inside 10-15 minutes and you can easily die just from a bad spawn with no food in the city.

The mod let you go on without food and water for quite some time (also more realistic because of it) before it became an issue.

3)The damage system had better feedback in the mod, as far as when you were low blood in the mod you could hear the panicked breathing and terror in your characters voice. Not so in the Standalone.

4) Standalone overfocuses on the clothing options and overwhelms with useless junk items. Although these existed in the mod as well, there is noticeably less trash and useless items by comparison.

5) At this point, I'd say a better engine. Enfusion is trash. They'd have been better off just basing DayZ SA on the ARMA 3 engine than this.
>>
>>385858796
I think everyone pretty much lost interest at this point. By the time it's release the graphics will be dated and better games will be on the market. (Rust, PUBG, etc)
>>
>>385860149
There's already a Arma 3 DayZ mod and it's a lot better than the game.
>>
>>385859490

Pretty sure anyone actually still jumping on the vanilla DayZ servers is much more hardcore than the casual twitch person who buys DayZ and then just runs around aimlessly. Even as easy as the set up is, there's a lot more setup for the ARMA 2 DayZ mod than the SA, with bigger payoffs since it's a better game with a much, much better atmosphere, which is important in your survival horror game.
>>
>>385860454

I mean an official Standalone from Bohemia Interactive based on ARMA 3, not just whatever modders/Frankie are coming up with. There were zombie mods on ARMA before DayZ as well.
>>
>>385858449
I didn't even buy the game, it got gifted to me. I started down the dark path of playing on RP servers when I didn't really have a real life.
>>
>>385858174
When KF2 was released, I refunded it with 100 something hours played.

Can't say it'll be the case for DayZ, though.
>>
Do people still play it?
>>
File: Rinse.png (225KB, 499x430px) Image search: [Google]
Rinse.png
225KB, 499x430px
>>385857765
>>385858174
>>385858276
They're not going to let anyone refund the game, at this point they'z just waiting for people to fuck off and forget about it.
>>
DayZ mod was the only game that really touched me on a deep level next to the burning crusade
Had something really unique about it
>>
>>385860479
No one plays vanilla DayZ anymore. All anykne plays is Overpoch.
>>
>>385861223
Same. It's a shame how inferior the standalone feels compared to the mod.

The mod still feels the like pinnacle of zombie survival games to me.
>>
>>385861389
dayz origins is patricians choice
>>
>>385861389
>No one plays vanilla DayZ anymore.

I still do. And there's a handful of servers that still have 40-50 people on them at peak playing vanilla.

Overpoch is a cancer that started the fall of DayZ.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.