[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. decided to install my first mmorpg ever: Secret World

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: vfiyyxzp.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vfiyyxzp.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
Hello. decided to install my first mmorpg ever: Secret World Legends. while the client downloads the data (very slow) can you tell me if i made a right choice? i can still cancel everything
>>
>>385831348
>50gb
Did they fix anything or is the game still a hot mess?
>>
>>385831498
i don't know
>>
>>385831348
Just look at the (new) reviews.

Honestly if you play this you're a bit retarded.
>>
>>385831968
why retarded?
>>
>>385832021
I'll rephrase.

You'd be gullible and willfully ignoring how bad it is by giving the game a chance it does not deserve.
>>
>>385832283
thannnks for the reply, i cancellled download
can you recommend another mmorpg to be my first mmorpf?
>>
Shit, I never finished Transylvania. Someone spoil me the ending pls
>>
It's pretty fun to play through the story.

The end game and raiding community is shitty, but trust me you don't care about that. It'll take you like 100 hours of play before that's a problem. The faggots complaining are autists who assume you're like them and don't really consider leveling a character a part of the game.
>>
>>385832383
Well, my favourite is XIV but I can understand not wanting a sub MMO to be the first one you play (it does have an unlimited time free trial).

Maybe give Black Desert a shot, it's very cheap, has pretty fun combat and doesn't require a sub to play. It is loaded up with microtransactions for character customisation though there are some free options.
>>
>>385832704
You know what they have done in Legends right? I actually liked TSW before this shitfest.
>>
>>385832806
I prefer it post-Legends. TSW never had the chops to stand on it's own as a theme park MMO and theme park MMOs have no business trying to feign complexity anyway. In it's current state it's sort of like a babby version of Dungeons and Dragons Online, which actually works surprisingly well.

7/10 worth playing because it's free.
>>
Funcom switched all the steam reviews for the original TSW to apply to the new TSWL, two different games. Don't be fooled by the "mostly positive" rating, TSWL is a greedy low quality cash grab and so far very few people are enjoying it.

If you need any evidence to show you how much of a mobile phone game this is, you need to BUY loot keys with real world money to open the loot dropped by enemies. That's right, you kill monsters for loot and then pay for the privilege of opening said loot.

A list of changes from the original:

>Players now have levels, previous progression was more fluid and open
>Content is level gated, have to grind to continue
>Game has multiple weapons with their own playstyles, you have to pay to unlock them, either real world money or an absurd ingame currency that you can only earn so much of in a day
>Said weapons have no synergies making weapon builds feel awful and samey, no unique weapon combos like in the old game
>Tokyo, a collection of several expansions, is not even ingame yet when it was in the original
>Most pvp zones removed, the least liked battlefield made it in

The only good thing about it was what was good about the original, the story. Even this though feels cheap since they've changed the story questline to drag you through it like you're a retard. For example, in the original game when you got to kingsmouth (the starter area), the overall story mission was to "investigate the survivors at kingsmouth to find out what happened", so you're set loose in the area to get engrossed in the story. By the time you've found Norma Creed and done her quest, thus updating the story mission, you're already neck deep in mysteries and lore. Now, in TSWL, when you get to Kingsmouth it flat out says "Go to Norma Creed and complete her quest". Not to mention most of the story has absurd level requirements now, so it drags you from point A to B, only to tell you to grind more before going further. I could go on but you get the idea.
>>
>>385832283
>>385832719
>shits on TSW
>likes WoW FF reskin edition

Don't listen to this fool, OP. TSW was one of the best MMO. I've been playing FFXIV for a long time and I would pick TSW out of two easily since it has actual story, plenty of interesting side quests and investigations that don't force you to run from marker to marker but actually find stuff on your own and they even implemented ingame web-browser for you to look shit up on wiki/other sources. Can't say much about the battle system as it is now, in original TSW it was your typical MMO combat with slight adjustments and less grindy/tedious. Then again, it's not the combat everyone loves this game for. Just play it once for the story/characters/investigations. I heard Legends actually allows you to do it all solo, if you don't feel like playing with other people, but it's really fun in groups. And I presume that's what you're looking for, since you want to try a MMO game.
>>
>>385835537
>was one of
Yes, was.

Legends is a grind fest, cash shop riddled, scaled back abomination.
>>
>>385832704
can you elaborate on raiding? what rewards is there how hard is it and why is it cancerous?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.