[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nintendo didn't put GBA games on the New 3DS e-shop What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: gba.jpg (42KB, 512x320px) Image search: [Google]
gba.jpg
42KB, 512x320px
Nintendo didn't put GBA games on the New 3DS e-shop

What were they thinking?

More people would've bought the New 3DS if it had GBA games.
>>
You can inject them into virtual console if you hack your 3ds
>>
>>385823961
GBA emulators are free for apple and android. why would you want to get it on a 3ds, a device that's less mobile and instantly identifies you as a nerd.
>>
>>385824461

Can't play GBA games with a touchscreen.
>>
>>385824661

its possible to play RPGĀ“s with the touchscreen.
I play FF5 on my phone at the moment.
>>
Here's some guide if you want to do this >>385824217
Homebrew General: >>>/vg/184550069
3DS Hacking Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Step By Step Custom Firmware Guide: https://3ds-guide.b4k.co/
ROM Injection Guide: https://pastebin.com/sQ7ihScu
There were also about 10 GBA games that did get a 3DS virtual console release and were given away for free to 3DS "ambassadors" that bought a 3DS before the price drop. They aren't available on the eshop if you were not an ambassador so the only way to get them is with the Freeshop after you've hacked: https://pastebin.com/cE8EmydS

Good luck have fun
>>
>>385825756

Thanks
>>
>>385824661
You really can, especially if the game is turn based or doesn't require much in terms of twitch movement. If you really care you can just buy a clip that attaches a controller to a phone.
>>
>>385823961
The biggest issue is not putting ds games on the eshop to be played natively when they're sold on the wii u as vc games. Blows my fucking mind.
>>
>>385825931
>twitch movement
I really fucking hate this buzzword
>>
>>385823961
Hack your 3DS you fucking idiot
You can play almost all GB games
>>
File: GBA_wormlight.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
GBA_wormlight.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>385823961
Fucking hell I don't miss that dimly lit screen. Even with that light attachment it was still garbage.
>>
>>385826183
shh I already posted this
>>
>>385826183

I have a New 3DS

Can I play GBA games?
>>
>>385826440
Yes...
>>
>>385826079
Spastic retard movement then?
>>
>>385826440
If you hack it yes. They even work perfectly on an Old 3DS as well because IIRC the 3DS has the GBA hardware inside of it, not sure if that's true though
>>
>>385826628
Not true at all.
>>
File: Game_Boy_Advance_SP_Red_Model.png (56KB, 250x197px) Image search: [Google]
Game_Boy_Advance_SP_Red_Model.png
56KB, 250x197px
>>385826268
*BLOCKS YOUR PATH*
>>
>>385826685
Yeah I didn't think so lol, the first part is true though about them working on the Old 3DS
>>
>>385826628
>>385826685
It is true though. The 3DS contains DS hardware which in turn contains GBA hardware.
>>
>>385826917
Do yoiu have a single fact to back that up?
>>
>>385827000
https://3dbrew.org/wiki/ARM7_Registers
>The 3DS utilizes an onboard ARM7 core to handle TWL_FIRM (DS mode) and AGB_FIRM (GBA mode)'s ARM7 requirements. ARM11 cannot simply emulate ARM7.

>ARM7 has the GBA BIOS implemented in hardware. The BIOS is completely identical to the original GBA BIOS.
>>
>>385826698
I loved the SP but 2 things bothered me.

1. Ergonomics are pretty crap. If I play more than 20 minutes my hands feel numb
2. No headphone jack, and the speaker kinda sucks

I'd say the frontlight was also bad, but later nintendo released the backlight model which was way better. I also loved that it was so small and portable.
>>
>>385826560
No, the problem is that the word is used to describe any precise motion in game controls and used to excuse unplayable controls/input when a game has a low skill ceiling. Yeah touch screen controls are OK for anything turn based but fuck you they are not for ANY game that requires motion whatsoever. There's no such thing as "twitch" movement, there's movement and there's not. Same with shooters, platformers, action games, etc. If the gameplay requires action controls then it is just action gameplay, period
>>
>>385823961
I don't know if there's really anything to it but I've heard that Nintendo couldn't quite get GBA emulation down on the 3DS, supposedly that's why the ambassador games lack features often found on VC games. One would think that several years and some better hardware would've made a difference but the N3DS simply may not be a priority for Nintendo since they're almost certainly working on GBA games for the Switch.
>>
>>385826469

Thanks faggot
>>
Nintendo never really perfected the virtual console end, so you can't use sleep mode when running GBA. You can't go to home menu either, and that's probably why they never put GBA games in the shop, quality control.
>>
>>385827865
GBA games aren't emulated, the system boots into GBA mode.
>>
>>385824661
Just buy one of those attachable bluetooth controllers. They're cheap.
>>
>>385827332
Well that's just an argument of semantics. I honestly don't get the point you're making.
>>
>>385823961
1. get a gba
2. put a clone ags 101 screen in it
3. get a flashcart

>>385824461
because phones are fucking terrible, child.

>>385830121
yes because that's more mobile.
>>
>>385833008
Where can I get a clone ags 101 screen?
>>
>>385833765
ebay. looks like they're starting to dry up too.
>>
>>385833765
aliexpress
>>
>>385831809
Because the argument is that the term "twitch" is used as a false distinction between high skill and low skill movement, when even low skill movement is not fun to control with inadequate controls

Another example: halo isn't a "twitch" shooter but it would benefit immensely from kb+m controls. However, it's playable on a controller whereas something like quake 3 literally cannot be played at all with one. This is not an adequate argument for saying that a controller is all you need for halo
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.