[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You DID defeat all the bosses again on the last three day cycle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

You DID defeat all the bosses again on the last three day cycle before killing Majora right?

You didn't leave the seas uninhabitable, let the gorons perish from eternal winter, and leave the swamp full of poison, right??

You didn't let Romani Ranch get sold to hustlers and the little girl mind broken by aliens, RIGHT???
>>
Yes.
>>
The hidden owl statue is the coolest glitch in the entire series, don't even argue.
>>
>>385818370
Oh, good then.
>>
>>385817968
No, but I did the couple's mask sidequest on the last cycle, is that good enough?
>>
>>385817968
I want to beat it 100% but the hearts and the frogs are a pain in the ass
>>
>>385817968
No I didn't do any of that but the ending sequence showed all the results of everything I did in previous timelines at once so I'm not going to feel guilty about it, clearly all the quests must have been completed anyway somehow when the loop broke.
>>
>>385817968
As a kid, I did beat all the bosses again before facing Majora because I thought that's what I had to do to get the giants to come.

As an adult, I still do it because it's tradition for me at this point.
>>
File: 1473784984560.jpg (66KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473784984560.jpg
66KB, 450x600px
>>385820582
that's cute anon
>>
>>385817968
Of course.
>>
100% all the way OP

>masterpiece
>>
>>385817968
But all your acts on previous time travels form into one on the dawn of the new day.
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>385818481
Wrong.

I beat all the bosses and did the anju and kafei quest.
>>
File: 1477171913573.jpg (35KB, 827x430px) Image search: [Google]
1477171913573.jpg
35KB, 827x430px
>>385817968
yes
>>
>>385817968
>>Link can return to 6:00 am on the first day by playing the "Song of Time" on the Ocarina of Time. If he does not before the 72 hours expire, then the moon will destroy Clock Town, including all the surrounding regions of Termina and Link will lose everything he accomplished during these three days.
>>Cleared puzzles, keys, and minor items will be lost, as well as any rupees not in the bank, and almost all characters will have no recollection of meeting Link.

Is this game as annoying as it sounds? It's the only Zelda I haven't played.
>>
>>385817968

The timelines merge after you defeat Majora.
>>
>>385822469
No, there's a way to slow time to half speed and never have a problem with it.
>>
>>385822469

It's annoying at first, but amazingly rewarding when you get used to it. There's a song you can learn that effectively doubles the timer as well, which gives you plenty of time to do the shit you want.
>>
>>385817968
Ayup. I can't not do it every time i playthrough. Only issue is that i do the Couple's Mask as well, so that messes with a few things.
>>
>>385822469
No, because the world changes as time advances.
>>
>>385822469

It's only annoying if you're the kind of faggot who, after buying a new fighting game, immediately changes the time limit setting to infinity.
>>
File: simpletimetravel.jpg (40KB, 689x434px) Image search: [Google]
simpletimetravel.jpg
40KB, 689x434px
time travel can be so simple sometimes. when you save the past, you save the future. waaachaaaa
>>
>>385822469

Not really, you keep the major items you collect and the game pretty much has shortcuts baked into it. For example there's a quest to get the song that unlocks the first temple, but once you have the song you don't need to do any of those things again and you can just jump into the temple if you reset. Likewise temples are split up so that once you collect that temple's major item it pretty much unlocks the rest of the temple so you won't have to redo the firsy half.

Thar being said you might have to reset before you get to a shortcut, but it's not that bad since once you know what to do it's relatively quick to get back to where you were.
>>
>>385822469
I started playing MM recently and it's really a non-issue. You can deposit rupees and the only time you'll really withdraw them is to buy magic beans and the mega bomb to open up not-Lon Lon Ranch. Riding through some bushes as Goron Link/on Epona fills up your inventory quite a bit and dungeons are quite helpful in the amount of arrows and bombs about. You'll most likely find arrows in a room where you need arrows, etc.

The game sounds unforgiving, but it really isn't. It's really just a Zelda game in the end. You can slow down the flow of time and I often find myself annoyed just waiting around for time to pass (assuming you aren't playing the 3DS version), but there's lots to do to fill in the blank (heart pieces, masks, just talking to people, etc.). The only annoying part of the game is the fact that you have to win these shitty games THREE DAYS IN A ROW to get a heart piece.

In the beginning of the game I rarely reset time, often unlocking a dungeon and clearing it all in one cycle, which was about the only time I found myself rushing about on the final day to quickly do shit, but the bells and music made those moments really hype desu. The final day is the best, with most people having a lot of sad and interesting things to say. For the third dungeon, I reset the cycle after unlocking it and finished it on a full cycle and it was much less rewarding at the end of it.
>>
>>385817968
You're a dumbass. Once you beat the final boss automatically everything gets fixed even if you didn't do jack on that particular cycle. It is something I want to try though. Technically the only impossible thing to do on one cycle is the letter concerning the mayors wife. You can only either give it to the wife herself or the mail man.
>>
>>385822469
It's a good way to experience what Groundhog Day would be like.
>>
Also, after you beat a boss you can quickly go back to the boss room via a teleport at the entrance to re-unpoison the swamp/remelt Snowhead, etc. You'll have more equipment and hearts to fight them again but IMO the only boss that's significantly easier on a rematch is the very first boss.

>>385823438 expands on what I mean by unlocking a dungeon. You often have a mini-quest that eventually teaches you a song that's used to open a dungeon, but you can skip all that on future cycles since you'll already know the song.
>>
>>385824974
You DID give the letter to mailbro and not the fat bitch before fighting majora, right?
>>
>>385817968
I do absolutely every thing that is possible to do together. Temples, Side Quests, everything. In the 3ds version the fact that the stone temple boss takes so long actually totally fucked up my time plan and I was cutting it really close on some of the stuff afterwards.
>>
It always pissed me off that Link left right when the Carnival of Time started. Like, I wanted to see that after all the hype. Just stay and enjoy yourself, you've gone through hell. Though I guess he DOES show up to play for the Indigo-Go's.
>>
Best game. Haven't played through it in a couple years. Was so hyped for 3DS version and was liking it a lot until I got to Great Bay. Then I found out they butchered Zora Mask and it's too painful to complete that section for me now.
>>
>>385818481
>look this up

what, why?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.