[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the "Dark Souls has a bad second half" meme true?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: .png (202KB, 256x330px) Image search: [Google]
.png
202KB, 256x330px
Is the "Dark Souls has a bad second half" meme true? I just finished Anor Londo and I don't feel like souring my experience.
>>
yes, stop playing right now
>>
>>385809846
Keep playing.
:)
>>
>>385809846
imo only Demon Ruins/Izalith are clearly unfinished. I like Catacombs/Tomb and the duke's archives.

Also go fight Sif, its awesome
>>
the archives, the tomb of giants and the crystal caves are fucking awful. the dlc is good tho
>>
>>385809846

anor londo is where the game 'gets good' to alot of people. so just keep going I guess
>>
Mileage may vary but Lost Izalith is both garden variety and eye cancer. DLC's pretty great though if anything.
>>
>>385809846
nah, it's really just one of the areas that feel lesser in quality than the others
>>
>>385809846
It's still fun, especially the first time, but yeah - Izalith especially is outright unfinished.

New Londo is still great tho
>>
>Bad second half
I'd say less than 1/3
Dukes Archives and going after Sif is great.

New Londo is padding at best and FourKings is a dull fight.
Catacombs isnt very enjoyable but its alright..... but Izalith is downright unfinished.
>>
>>385810071
>great
>one house
>two ruins
>you're done
>>
>>385809846
Only lost Izalyth is "bad". New Londo, the archives and even the catacombs are good.
>>
After Ornstein and Smough, it almost felt like a victory lap for me. I suppose it was a combination of finally getting a grasp of the controls, alongside not having crappy gear like at the start of the game.
The areas aren't too bad but the bosses are either forgettable like Centipede Demon or frustrating like Witch of Izalith
>>
File: C9AJkS0XoAEGXD3.jpg (43KB, 472x590px) Image search: [Google]
C9AJkS0XoAEGXD3.jpg
43KB, 472x590px
I think everyone can agree Lost Izalith is the bane of the game.

Otherwise everything else is alright or par for the course.
>>
>>385809987
Get fucked

>>385809846
Only lava land sucks shit, OP. Skeleton land is ok and dragon library is tits. Favorite place to PVP
>>
out of the 3 lord boss routes, only the Bed of Chaos (Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith) route is down right garbage, Seath's route is mediocre, while Nito's route is fun, i consider the 4Kings route to be part of the first half (besides, New Londo Ruins and the 4 Kings fight are god-tier).
i think the problem with post lordvessel game is that it lacks the interconnectivity of the 1st-half.
>>
>>385809846
desu the only absolute dog shit part is demon ruins/lost izalith

lag, copypasted enemies, shitty bosses especially the final one
>>
>>385810279
why do women look so fucking stupid?
>>
>>385809846

Dukes was awesome, CC was bad
Catacombs were fine, Tomb of the Giants was awesome
Anor was a cool setting, but a bland empty level
Painted world wwas amazing
New Londo was pretty cool
Demon Ruins and Izalith were cool settings but bad levels
Great Hollow (does this count as 2nd half?) was bad.
Ash lake was a cool setting but bad level

Overall the second half was about the same as the first.
>>
>>385810279
This.
You can always duke skip or rush through catacombs anyways
>>
File: Image_183.png (30KB, 1421x616px) Image search: [Google]
Image_183.png
30KB, 1421x616px
>>385809846
>>
File: file.png (29KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
29KB, 267x200px
>>385809846
i'm almost there too OP, i'm up to O&S and I can't beat them because I upgraded my halberd to a lighting one. don't have any other good weapons

any tips?
>>
>>385809846
The whole game is fucking bad. Dark Souls is a meme series.
>>
File: jbSQng3.png (173KB, 623x489px) Image search: [Google]
jbSQng3.png
173KB, 623x489px
>>385810739
>The whole game is bad
Whoa now, the game is definately flawed from a technical standpoint but the experience and adventure is quite something to behold and remember.

Though it definately is a meme series. It's only pulled people in by memeing it's difficulty, and like any game, it gets easier the longer you invest and see it's flaws, thus it's "difficulty meme" gets "exposed" for the shammy memery it is.

Still, the point of its design was to be challenging but encouraging, not "difficult" for elitists to parade like a badge of honor, which it sadly became.
>>
>>385809846
Honestly? Yes
>>
>>385809846
It's not even a second half, more like a final third. But personally I didn't like going after the four lord souls. Pretty much the reason I've never replayed it.
>>
>>385810009
Imagine smacking your head against a challenging game and not enjoying it until that far in.
>>
The second half isn't even that bad, it's just not as good as the first half, second half is ds2 tier
>>
The 4 big bad end game bosses are all trash overhyped fags. If it wasn't for Gwyn would have dragged my ratings further down.
>>
>>385810663
Sounds about right.
>>
>>385810506
>he doesn't know

that is no female
>>
>>385812402
>>385810663
Id say Undead Parish bell is brilliant only cause it teaches you core mechanics subtly and its just fun to cruise control through (even tho sens fortress is too)
>>
>>385809846
Tomb of giants and DLC is still great. Gwyn fight is pretty fun too.
>>
>>385809846
Artorias of the Abyss can function as a better second half of Dark Souls, as short as it is.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.