[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>learning to video game coding >instead of learning microcontrollers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>learning to video game coding
>instead of learning microcontrollers coding and make cool shit with it

lmao
>>
>>385803189
What if I can do both?
>>
arduino a shit
>>
>>385803189
>wasting your energy learning anything when it'll be useless and forgotton once you die anyway
>>
Or you can just buy the one with an ARM processor and program it like every other thing without needed specific knowledge.
>>
>>385803189
>learning to code vidya, or micro-controllers instead of learn to Crack, & hacking into Government networks.
>>
>>385805659
i would if i could
>>
File: 2017-02-02_21-34-31.png (1MB, 859x500px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-02_21-34-31.png
1MB, 859x500px
>>385803189
why not both?

Also, before you advance to uC, start with basics - learn how passives work, how and why are transistors so important, etc. Don't jump to uC right away, that's the worst thing you can do.
It's basiacally like learning some advanced OO or procedural language before you learn C - sure, you will be able to code simple stuff, but you will have no understanding of how it actually works.
>>
Protip: never listen to programming advice from anyone who calls programming coding
>>
File: snes-625x352.png (291KB, 625x352px) Image search: [Google]
snes-625x352.png
291KB, 625x352px
>>385803189
>not using a microcontroller for video games
>>
>>385807131
What would be some of the more interesting things to study? Transistors, Adders, Multiplexers? Are there anything simpler I should be reading up on and experimenting with to make life easier?
>>
>>385810257
It basically goes like this:
Learn basic stuff first. Passives, passive circuit analysis, some actives, active circuit analysis. Do this before you learn about anything else.
Learn about analog signal processing before you learn about digital stuff.
Learn about digital stuff before you jump into microcontroller programming.
Congratulations, you are now ready to program (and understand what you're actually doing, not just copy sample code from adafruit) microcontrollers with different peripherals.

>>>/diy/ohm/
>>
>>385807131
im currently using relays, how would i use transistors instead. are the code alike?
>>
>>385811932
>>385811932
>im currently using relays, how would i use transistors instead.
Not really a simple answer here, for one transistors and relays are different types of devices. Relays are 0-1 (on-off) devices, transistors aren't. Transistors can be used to amplify analog signals, relays are just used to switch the signal on or off.
Relays are slow, most of transistors switch in orders of magnitude faster.
Relays when in off state have infinite resistance (no current), with transistors you'll always have some leakage which can affect your circuit.
Relays can work with both AC and DC, transistors just with DC.
You also have different types of transistors, even in some applications one type cannot be interchanged with another - not to even mention replacing a relay with a transistor or a transistor with a relay. So it really depends on your application, for some relays can be replaced by transistors, for others not so much. If you really want to look into it, look at sample transistor circuits (transistor as a switch / transistor as an amplifier) and figure out if it can work for your application.

>are the code alike?
I'm assuming you're asking about uC code, which means you're most likely using a "pre-made" relay board, in which case no, the code won't be alike - with relay breakout boards most of the time you're using digital signals to control the relays ("set pin X of board to high to turn relay on"), with transistors most of the time you'll be controlling it with analog (or PWM) signal.
>>
>>385803189
>not learning javaEE because you want a real job
Just me bros, game programmer make less than me and work far more hours. It's a thankless job that you are expected 80 hours a week because its your "passion"
>>
>>385805659
Will tor do to protect me in that case?
>>
>>385813247
No lmao, cia probably owns 80% of the tor nodes by now
>>
>>385813347
What then?
>>
>>385813447
Move to a 3rd world country, then do it
>>
>>385813167

Java's still strong? I would have thought Oracle turning it into the no.1 security vulnerability would have killed it off by now.
>>
>>385804248
nihilism is for edgy 17 year olds buddy
>>
>>385803189
If you know how to program you should be able to do both
>>
>>385813728
Java is very secure, we've had no issues with our high traffic websites running on a backend sever. Oracle is shit and i hate them. Luckily you can use java with other databases and application servers
>>
>>385814159
>Java is very secure

Ummm, no. Java is notoriously the biggest security vulnerability around at the moment excluding humans. It's absolutely terrible.
>>
>>385803189
Jokes on you, turns out you can use Unity to make interactive art instalments
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.