[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so wrong? Was it the lack of weapons and customization?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 534343535435555433.jpg (27KB, 231x326px) Image search: [Google]
534343535435555433.jpg
27KB, 231x326px
What went so wrong? Was it the lack of weapons and customization? The lack of expansion early on? Discuss.

Also, what do you hope the next battlefield will be?
>>
>>385801646
The amount of weapons is very similar BC2 and BF3, but because BF4 was bloated with weapons and gadgets, people expected BF1 to be the same.
barely any customization, linear maps that are solely focused on Operations, neglecting Conquest and butchering its ticket bleed system.
lack of vehicles and more focus on infantry, way too fast paced, explosive spam is worse than ever.
but the worst offender is the lack of DLCs they kept people playing in BF3 and BF4, BF1 took an entire year to release 2 DLCs, while BF4 had 4.
>>
I stopped playing because I didn't like the weapons, lack of customization, too many snipers, too easy to snipe, planes being too powerful and too hard to kill.
>>
File: Battlefront 2.jpg (129KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Battlefront 2.jpg
129KB, 1920x1080px
Lack of content which hasn't been made up for sufficiently even for people who bought Premium (but who still jealously bark about getting their $60 so they can be disappointed by empty servers on all but the latest maps)

A fucking awful UI which is intended to push you onto a phone app by leaving out in-game functionality like customising your choice of vehicle at any time.

The fact that their attempt to reduce meta by replacing a large selection of weapons with variants failed because some weapons have either worked perfectly for over a century or aren't subject to the flaws inherent in every other weapon due to the setting.

For the next Battlefield I hope for three classes a side with two of them at least black or mulatto across all factions, except for the Japanese who should all be white people like the Ottomans.
>>
Battlefront >>>>> Battlefield 1&4
>>
>>385801646
SMGs, LMGs, and Automatic Rifles should have been battlefield pick ups.
>>
>>385801916
Battlefield 3 had much more weapon variety and attachments than BF1
>>
Lack of good weapons. There are 3 weapons that are worth using, and maybe 2 or 3 novelty weapons. Very few weapons (ww1 was a mistake by dice) and weapon attachments, and lack of content. The game playes really well, the game looks gorgeous but it lacks so much that made bf3 and bf4 really good games.
>>
>>385801916
>butchering its ticket bleed system
Fucking this. I also lost count of how many times I would spawn in without even moving and would either get fragged or have my head blown off.
>>
File: 79da42e7c504095bfff8ab3c67a17541.jpg (106KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
79da42e7c504095bfff8ab3c67a17541.jpg
106KB, 707x1000px
bump
>>
>>385806370
Idk what they were think when they decided to remove the ticked bleed, like wtf? It punishes the better team by removing it.
>>
>>385806461
The ticket system did need some balancing, the problem is that they brought a warhammer to a job best left to a scalpel. Either way, they really did fuck it all to hell.
>>
>>385806715
In the beta the first team to cap 2 flags were going to win. absolutely pathetic
>>
>>385806715
>the problem is that they brought a warhammer to a job best left to a scalpel.

Dice does that for everything though.

The biggest problem is making everybody a black guy.
>>
>>385801646
black snipers
>>
After Battlefield 1 there will be Battlefield 2.

ITT - sneak preview of the artwork!
>>
>WW1 is a poor setting for a Battlefield style game
>Bad map design, continuing a DICE trend
>VERY limited weapon pool
>Even more limited gadget pool
>Vehicles horribly overpowered, party due to lack of proper anti tank rockets and map design
>DICE clearly treated the game as a side game from the start, main crew was working on Battlefront AND the next Battlefield title which comes out next year

Hitreg is (or was rather) very good, that's the only positive thing about the game. They even managed to fuck up the server browser and platoon systems somehow, it's amazing really.
>>
>>385806370
>>385806461

The new system leads to far more stomps than the old one, it's really silly. You could easily make 400+ ticket comebacks in BF4 while making up a 100 ticket deficit in BF1 is nearly impossible.

I miss the late game comebacks in BF4, if you're down at 800 tickets in BF1 it's game over, no possibility to shake things up by making a clutch back cap.
>>
shitty new ticket system
attachment system instead of factory, storm, trench system
shitty vanilla maps
too easy to play scout
too easy to fly planes

Russian DLC maps look a bit better though
>>
>>385807237
I miss the recons with the ghillie suits
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.