[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you consider "completing" a game? When you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: (((ornstein))) and smug.jpg (190KB, 1600x1142px) Image search: [Google]
(((ornstein))) and smug.jpg
190KB, 1600x1142px
what do you consider "completing" a game? When you see the credits role? When you platinum it? At what point do you put it down and say "I've beaten this game"
>>
depends. usually when i get bored of it i ask friends how it happened or look up ending videos. sometimes i'll play a game until the credits roll, rarely do i 100% one now
>>
Beating a game is seeing the credits.

Completing the game is doing every sidemission and getting all collectibles etc.
>>
>>385800969
Depends on the genre, but I'd say when you skip the credits. Myself, I play games until I squeeze every minute out of it I can muster. Only when I've gorged myself out on do I consider it "beaten".
>>
>>385800969
Most of the time just beating the main story.
Sometimes getting all the cheevos.
Rarely collecting everything possible, even the stuff not covered by the cheevos, if the game even has those.
>>
>>385800969
You have "beaten the game" or finished it with the credits. Completing means 100%ting it.
>>
>>385801286
>>385801203
>>385801061
>>385801213
What if the game has more than one credits roll?
>>
>>385801365
I've never played a game that had multiple credits. Except maybe Dragon's Dogma.
>>
File: 1501244099804 (1).webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501244099804 (1).webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Achievements are for idiots, you're done with a game when you're not longer having fun.
>>
File: forbes games.jpg (5KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
forbes games.jpg
5KB, 300x57px
>>385801532
I'm having fun unlocking achievements.
Chekmate, /v/.
>>
>>385800969

When the game fucking deletes all your saves.
>>
>>385801532
BRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPP
>>
>>385801532

This desu senpai.

I never go out my way to do achievements, at most I glance trough the list and see if there's anything fun I could try and do those.

I get platinum on a game only if every single trophy is something I find fun to do, or they come naturally as I play the game as much as I feel like playing. So far I have only one platinum from FFXV.
>>
>>385800969
completing the story + squeezing any fun you could have out of the game
>>
When I've busted a load onto the monitor over it, or when I've completed the main content - which ever.
>>
Depends on the game, but I never go by achievements.
In the age of "post-game" where the difficult content is generally something you need to go out of your way to experience, I definitely wouldn't say simply credits is beating most games. The Souls series is an exception generally, although it has optional stuff as well.
Anyone remember final bosses being difficult instead of just a stepping stone to post-game?
>>
>>385802134
>The Souls series is an exception generally
>he doesn't go all the way to NG+7 in Souls games
And you're calling yourself a gamer?
>>
When I finished the tutorial.
>>
>>385801471
Pretty sure pokemon GSC did this.
>>
Completing the main story = beating the game. 100%-ing something is different, of course.

>>385801532
I may be done with something before the first bossfight but I wouldn't claim I've beaten the game at that point.
>>
File: 1501578980786s.jpg (19KB, 250x178px) Image search: [Google]
1501578980786s.jpg
19KB, 250x178px
>>385800969
Platinum is enough for me
>tfw dlc adds more trophies but platinum is still unlocked
>>
>>385800969
When I beat the final boss including the secrets and ultimate versions.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.