[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://shoryuken.com/2017/07/31/sho ryuken-interview-daigo-u

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: DAIGO-UMEHARA-Hyper-X-crop.jpg (51KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
DAIGO-UMEHARA-Hyper-X-crop.jpg
51KB, 750x400px
http://shoryuken.com/2017/07/31/shoryuken-interview-daigo-umehara-on-his-manga-reaching-for-capcom-cup-and-the-meaning-of-evo/

>mushin_Z: So, what is number one on your Street Fighter V “wish list”? If you could change one thing about the game to suit your personal style, what would it be?
>Daigo: Hm… It’s very difficult to pick one! The overall impression I get from this game: every competition, every match, tends to finish in the same style — no matter who is playing; whether they’re a veteran or a newcomer, skilled player or not, there’s no variation. And that’s, you know, not exciting. As a player it’s not fun, and I’m not sure if it’s not fun for viewers either; so, what I would like to see — if I could request anything — then I would like to see something to allow a wider range of strategy, more choices which players are allowed to make, so each player’s characteristics could shine in the game.

Funny how the opinion of a washed up legend really differs than based Tokido who just won EVO nad has said time and time again that he really likes Street Fighter V. Really makes you think.
>>
>>385796218
>The overall impression I get from this game: every competition, every match, tends to finish in the same style
It's like this since Street Fighter IV
Last good street fighter game was Alpha 3

/thread
>>
>>385796315
>Alpha 3

Huh, this is my first time seeing someone say this. Usually it's "3rd Strike is the last good SF".
>>
>>385796393
Not that anon, Street Fighter 3's popularity was practically posthumous. It was hated more than any other SF (if we had the kind of well connected internet message boards of today, back then, the shitposting and dislike of SF3 would be unrivaled), even up to Third Strike, where it only then got a following because they brought back Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li... and the game was still lame and not that dynamic outside of the pretty animations.
Parrying was a risk/reward feature, so its use was inconsistent which gave it some hype, dynamic matches, but the fights were still typically as routine as those of SFV. Not to mention SF3 was by far the least balanced of the lot, with only very few characters appearing again and again at tournament finals.

Alpha 3 however was extremely varied, had a lot of content, characters, and the three ISM selections made for very unique styles of play with the same character. I'm not too familiar with the popular characters or balance of Alpha, but just from the roster size alone, it likely had a lot more viable top tier picks than SF3 (and probably a bunch of shit tiers standing alongside the deliberately shitty Dan) as well as capable mid tier picks who could actually have a presence were they to appear in tournaments.

I'm with that anon, Alpha 3 was a lot more fun than SF3 or SF4. If SFV were to take a few pointers in becoming more dynamic, I'd want it to pick from Alpha.
>>
>>385796957
As long as your character had a vism infinite they were viable
https://youtu.be/mhO7Ifh9ABw
>>
>>385796315
You can't /thread yourself faggot. Jesus when will the underages leave?
>>
>>385796393
the street fighter 3 is good is a /v/ meme
no one ever liked street fighter 3rd strike when it came out
>>
>>385796218
>Funny how the opinion of a washed up legend really differs than based Tokido
The only reason Tokido says good things is because his scrub ass is winning in this terrible game. He's like the current DSP when DSP won that terrible SF tournament on that broken game and claimed to be god-like.
>>
>>385797378
because I know SFV shills will arrive shortly so this thread is useless
Again:
Alpha 3 last good SF game.
>>
>>385797530
He's been saying he likes SFV BEFORE he won EVO.
>>
>>385797738

Is it because he doesn't like depth? Has he explained why he would prefer V over 4? Or other fighters like Guilty?
>>
>>385796315
>It's like this since Street Fighter IV
Not quite. A lot of characters in 4 had an offensive and defensive playstyle. Not to mention a few players made a name for themselves by bringing a new "style" to the tournament scene.
>>
>>385797893
>bringing anime fighters into this
please go
>>
File: 1501336519330.gif (3MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1501336519330.gif
3MB, 250x250px
>>385798218

>Gameplay is an irrelevant topic in competitive fighting games cause muh capcom cartoons are better then your ASW cartoons
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.