[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>3 lives and not continues What the fuck? How Is it even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

File: Super_Mario_Bros._(NA).png (2MB, 1535x2100px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Mario_Bros._(NA).png
2MB, 1535x2100px
>3 lives and not continues

What the fuck? How Is it even feasible to beat this game?
>>
To be honest it's very hard I never even bothered, unlike some other game series the original brings nothing special to the table compared to its sequels it's just plain obsolete and not worth playing for the objective of entertainment over any of the newer titles
>>
>>385791380
Step 1: Be over the age of 30
Step 2: git gud
Step 3: Spend less time complaining about video games on the internet and more time learning what they're like and actually experience them
>>
>>385791380
A lot of warps.
Also you can get many live in every level.
>>
>>385791380
You have a point and gave me a great idea for my next article:
Super Mario Bros: The Dark Souls of Platformers
>>
>>385791380
It has infinite continues. But like many other early NES games, it wasn't an option displayed on screen and instead it was a button combination to simulate inserting a coin. Start + A. The game is beatable without it, though. You can get a lot of extra lives along the way.
>>
There's a code that lets you continue.

Hold A and B then press start at the game over screen.
>>
>>385791380
Old games needed to be hard because they were short. They needed to be short because of hardware limitations
>>
>>385791380
I don't know OP, I beat it when I was 8 so it can't be that hard.
>>
You don't know hard, kid.
>>
>>385792038
>my father beat me when I was 8

FTFY
>>
>>385792132
Beating that game is way easier than beating SMB with no warps and no continues.
>>
Not beating smb and smb 3 are part of my secret vidya shame
Not that I couldn't beat 3 I got to world 8 and just got tired if the shit and turned it off. Took me a week before I finished sonic 1 with all the emeralds a few years back, fuck the special stages on 2 though
>>
>>385791380
>no continues
Get a load of this guy.
>>
>>385792132
>that single jump to reach the top of the dam
>>
>>385791380
>3 lives and not continues

Kids these days...
>>
>>385791380
just use the warp at stage 2 then get to the hidden area with the plant. you'll get extra lives there.
>>
File: Comix_Zone_Coverart.png (205KB, 256x363px) Image search: [Google]
Comix_Zone_Coverart.png
205KB, 256x363px
>dude, how many lives should the game have?
>1
>how many continues?
>0
>dude why did our game flop?
>>
>>385793660
You get 1 continue if you get far enough in the game. Or was it only at the early part of the game? Anyway, you get 1 continue at some point in the game.
>>
File: nes_ninjagaiden.png (956KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
nes_ninjagaiden.png
956KB, 700x1000px
Hey buddy, I think you got the wrong door. The casual club's two blocks down.
>>
>>385792132
>lmao 4raphs
I like the Project Manhattan one. I played it a lot with my sister as a kid
>>
>>385791675
If you weren't an underage brat you'd know that your reflexes and hand to eye coordination skills go to shit around 30's.
>>
>>385794013
Fuck you
>>
>>385791380
*sigh*
freakin new gamers man.....
*throws controller in wall*
>>
>>385792642
>got to world 8
>world 8 is harder than all other worlds combined
>got tired
Good one fag
>>
>>385794613
Not him, but it's your 40s, actually. 30s, you should still be able to pull off what you did in your 20s.
>>
>>385791380
you do the 100 lives trick in level 1-2 but don't go over 100 lives
>>
File: technodrome hallway.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
technodrome hallway.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
>>385792234
I don't know about that. I beat SMB with no warps or continues as a kid, but only got past the dam in TMNT a couple times. Never finished the game until college when I revisited it. The last few stages are brutal.
>>
That's the point of games in the 90s. You keep playing over and over
>>
>>385794931
It's not very hard now, but the airship stage in world 8 seemed like a huge spike in difficulty back then.
>>
>>385792234
You must be thinking of another game. This game is hard as fuck. You could luck beat Mario, but turtles.... that game only let's you win with random luck plus extreme skill and bug manipulation.
>>
>>385795046
>TFW I cant still get to the technodrome no problem but holy fuck is that place difficult.

Managed to beat Rygar which didn't have continues. and you only had 1 life.

currently trying to beat Castlevania 3 since I wasnt a fan of the games, but decided to play it thanks to the netflix series and hot damn is the game hard. pretty good though
>>
>>385795208
But that is pretty much the only fun way to play that game. Master it and feel good when you win.
>>
>>385793660
Underage please leave. You get a life every two levels, first two are piss easy, game gets hard only by level 4.
>>
>>385795213
Yeah, Castlevania 3 was probably the most difficult in the series for me, besides Chronicles.
>>
>>385795046
>>385795208
No, I did beat that game and it wasn't that hard. You can swap turtles any time you want, so you basically have 4 life bars. If you grab some sub-weapons to make Michelangelo and Raphael less useless and you save Donatello for bosses, you're basically set. Most of the game also has a lot of manholes and buildings that you have no reason to go into unless you've lost a turtle and need to rescue them. And both of the stages where the overworld is a maze are just a matter of always going into the farthest entrance you can go to. Shredder can kill you in one hit from what I remember, but if you have any long range weapon at all you can just stand on one of the side platforms and shoot him and duck to dodge his attacks and he'll never hit you. I think it's the other way around. You can brute-force TMNT, but you actually need to get good to beat SMB with no warps or continues.
>>
>>385795208
It helps if you stockpile the scroll item in level 3. But then you still need to stay alive to hang onto them, which is challenging.
>>
>>385795425
Rafael would become good when he was low on life, what I mean is that his Sais would do more damage letting you one shot enemies that previously needed 2 hits to defeat, that said, if you healed Raf, he would suck again. I think it also worked like that for Michaelangelo
>>
File: s1-ghz-indeximg.png (8KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
s1-ghz-indeximg.png
8KB, 320x224px
What the hell?
I keep holding right and I just die!
This level design is bullshit ant this game is GARBAGE!
>>
>>385795425
I kinda see where you're coming from. If you know what to do, completing TMNT might be easier compared to Mario Bros where understanding the physics is more important.
>>
>>385795776
Yeah, that's basically it. TMNT is more about having a plan, which shouldn't take too many tries to figure out. In SMB, knowing the game won't be enough if you haven't mastered the physics. Playing it without warps is an endurance round where any wrong move can kill you.
>>
>>385791380
My dad is literally works at Sega and he says you can earn extra lives by collecting 100 coins.
>>
File: zelda[1].gif (15KB, 255x224px) Image search: [Google]
zelda[1].gif
15KB, 255x224px
>>385791380
You want unbeatable, look at THIS SHIT

>impossible boss monsters every screen of the game
>require super fast pro gamer reflexes to handle
>the hardest puzzle ever conceived

This game is BULLSHIT.
>>
File: 1501386892623.png (319KB, 482x409px) Image search: [Google]
1501386892623.png
319KB, 482x409px
>>385791380
>Beat Smb 1 and Lost levels on the Gbc as a kid
>Screen crunched as fuck

Literally git gud
>>
File: nino_rata_perler_negas.png (13KB, 840x840px) Image search: [Google]
nino_rata_perler_negas.png
13KB, 840x840px
>People find SMB hard
Wew, at least say that Lost Levels is hard, the original game is extremely easy.
>>
SMB3 is the best Mario game by far.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.