[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no info for two months now It's like GF is purposely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 25

File: usum_display.jpg (67KB, 650x342px) Image search: [Google]
usum_display.jpg
67KB, 650x342px
>no info for two months now
It's like GF is purposely trying to sabotage their own game
>>
>>385782782
I really hope this game fails, so GameFreak get a wake up call and start truly building the "POKEMON EXPERIENCE" on the switch.
>>
>>385782997
>talking shit on Emerald, Platinum and B2W2

Get out
>>
>>385782782
Fuck third versions. They are a disgusting practice and I can't believe people have supported such a thing for so long. GF are the OG hackfrauds of video games. Their most impressive feat was Iwata styling all over them when making GS.
>>
>>385782782
Fuck third versions. They are a disgusting practice and I can't believe people have supported such a thing for so long. GF are the OG hackfrauds of video games. Their most impressive feat was Iwata styling all over them when making GS.
>>
File: Red_Dead_Redemption_2.png (151KB, 300x381px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Dead_Redemption_2.png
151KB, 300x381px
>>385782782
>no info for two months now
boo fucking hoo
>>
>sabotage their own game
>mainline pokemon

Good joke OP. The game could be complete garbage and it'd still make bank. Look at all the retards who played pokemon go. Literally the shittiest form of pokemon you could get but it became a temporary cultural icon for mobile gaming.

Pokemon is literally too big to flop.
>>
>>385783049
They are objectively better games but they could have and should have been the first versions. Platinum in particular is great but I'd never pay money for it.
>>
Reminder that third versions are a fucking scam and shouldve been the original versions
>>
>>385783259
First versions have always been barebones. GS, RS, DP, BW. They're all lame, and the third versions always make the games redeemable.

Also, not everyone who buys third versions bought the first ones.
>>
File: the fuck.jpg (28KB, 313x334px) Image search: [Google]
the fuck.jpg
28KB, 313x334px
>>385782782
why can't they just make a pokemon game with newer, fresher, mechanics and gameplay? It's been the same for so long, and they need to change something before they're sales plummet more than they have already
>>
Gamefreak could put it out randomly tomorrow and it'd still sell millions. Honestly they need to show more to convince me this is worth it, but they haven't shown anything and it's now August and this comes out in November.
>>
They blow their load with information prior to the game release, just wait if you want literally the whole game spoiled by Japan enjoys that for some reason.
>>
>>385783394
That's exactly what makes it a shitty practice you shouldn't support. Gamefreak shits out games at 70% completion then gives the refined version they easily could have made soon after. Always pirate your third versions.
>>
>>385783406
The series sells well because it's the same and it's easy for kids. You want alternative gameplay? Play a spinoff.
>>
>>385783406
the only way Pokemon can innovate is to get rid of the turn based battles and make it action turn based.
Since gen 5 it's been nothing but gimmicks, without any real gameplay changes.
>>
What new info could they possibly have? Do you really think this is an entirely new game? You'll just get new forms for legendaries and you'll buy it and you'll like it.
>>
File: large.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>385783178
Hi
>>
>>385783591
>The series sells well
but that's not my point.
Pokemon sales should be going UP not down.
they should be Innovating, not repeating.
Pokemon is literally the Call of Duty of nintendo.
>>
>>385783695
I just want the PWT back with more people to fight, but my wishes never come true...
>>
>>385783406
They added Mega Evolution and Z-Moves as new battle mechanics. They perfected a relatively simple turn-based system in D/P by splitting physical and special moves, and have just been adding shit for the sake of it since. An ARPG would suck for this game.
If you're asking for a change for the campaign, they kind of did that. But they'll go back to gyms very soon I feel like.
>>
>>385783834
Innovation doesn't necessarily lead to good sales, and Pokemon is a multimedia franchise. If overall sales for the property are up or stable (such as via merchandise), then even if the game sales decline a bit, there's no reason to mess with the core of the series and risk turning people away.
>>
>>385783834
>Pokemon sales should be going UP
they are
>>
>>385783826
holy fuck... This game is the reason I bought a PS3 in 2009(?). I remember writing an email to rockstar in 2012 basically saying "listen fuckers, I'm about to go to afghanistan, when will this game come out?" and they said they couldn't tell me anything other than that it was still in development
>>
>>385783916
>implying they've ever left gyms
gyms and totems are the exact same thing.
>npc or some other shit stops you from progressing
>to have the block removed you must go fight some boss like pokemon
>pokemon gets KOd
>block disappears
>>
>>385782782
>It's like GF is purposely trying to sabotage their own game
They've already done that with the first Sun & Moon. Games were fucking awful, endgame shit was terrible, post E4 leveling was the worst in the fucking series, Festival Plaza is laughably bad, and the Global Missions they though would entertain people are a joke.
>>
>>385784132
it was still a step up from XY and that's what counts
>>
>>385783406
pokken
>>
>>385782782
Wasn't one of the complains of S&M the fact that they revealed the whole fucking game through trailers? There was not a single surprise on the game.
>>
>>385783406

Swapping to a brand new battle system would kill the series since it would make importing a bitch to get working.
>>
>>385783834
Loving this evidence for the series suddenly selling badly
>>
>>385783406
Just because the gameplay is the same doesn't mean there is no new mechanics. And no, just because you don't like them it doesn't mean they don't count.
>>
>>385784104
>you have to fight enemies to progress

call the cops
>>
Top Tier: Emerald / HGSS
High Tier: BW2
Mid-High Tier: Platinum
Mid Tier: RBY / GSC
Low Tier: RS / FRLG / DP / BW / XY
Bottom Tier: ORAS / SM
>>
>>385783996
>they are
>2013
>the start of 6th gen
>apx. 16 million
>2016
>the start of seventh gen
>apx. 15 million
>>
>>385783406
They've added tons of gimmicks and the game has changed pretty subtlety A LOT since original games. When was the last you played one of these games?
>>
>>385783623
>wanting to turn Pokémon into FF garbage
>>
File: 084.gif (177KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
084.gif
177KB, 400x200px
>More than one trailer dedicated to Ultra Beasts
>Create hype and mystery surrounding them
>Show them rushing in to fight the Tapus

>When they come in the story you only fight Nihilego, Ultra Space is a tiny hallway
>Apparently the beasts that escape caused no real damage or trouble, they were just quietly beaten off screen
>Catch them postgame as random encounters
What a fucking ripoff
>>
>>385784403
>what is reading comprehension
look who just got their university of phoenix degree!
>>
>>385782782
US/UM are filler games made by some interns while the experienced developers work on Gen 8 on Switch.
>>
>>385784227
well, lusamine throwing a ragyo of that level certainly caught me off guard.
>>
>>385784604
No one knows who the staff working on this is.
>>
So why do people hate S/M?
It was a big breath of fresh air with the location and the trials were fun
>>
>>385784669
/v/ hates everything.
Especially (You)
>>
>>385784669
All my irl pals said they didn't like the cutscenes and talking which overall means they play through the turn based combat game for kids for the watered down easy gameplay. So cutscenes apparently.
>>
>>385784604
good, as long as Masuda isn't working on them, they'll be great like Emerald and Platinum
>>385784491
there is no way to innovate Pokemon but to get rid of the turn based battles.
>>
>>385784783
Masuda didn't direct ORAS or SM, and those turned out worse than his shit.
>>
>>385784669
Cutscenes were tiring after a while, with no option to skip.
Once again post game is absolute shit.
Less than 100 pokemon.
Online is fucking garbage, and festival plaza is dumpster fire.
>>
>>385784669
not muh gen game faggotry you see very generation.
>>
>>385784921
he directed XY and those were worse than both
>>
>>385784197
it literally isn't
it's worse than xy in every single regard except for difficulty, characters, and arguably music, and you're certifiably retarded if you've ever been challenged by a pokémon game above the age of 6 anyway, and at least none of xy's characters force you to spend as much time pretending to care about them as lillie
>>
>>385784782
The cutscenes are terrible because it slows down game play for a boring predictable story. Pokemon has never been known for its amazing story and plot. I appreciate they tried something new, but it really was a bad story.

>>385784669
I liked the alola forms since it allowed me to play gen 1 but different. I wish they included more pokemon than they did. The main problem lies within the lack of post game, and new mons. I wouldn't say its the worst game in the series, but it is not far from ORAS.
>>
File: i don't understand.png (418KB, 525x611px) Image search: [Google]
i don't understand.png
418KB, 525x611px
>>385784506
>>>>/vp/ insisted they WERE NOT pokemon
>can catch them like pokemon
>encounter them like pokemon
>train them like pokemon
>all that hype was for legendary pokemon
>people call it a "breath of fresh air"
>>
>>385784604
I can only hope that Morimoto is directing these. He salvaged Ruby/Sapphire into Emerald and made the best remakes in the series (HGSS), so I have no doubt he would make them good.
>>
>>385784921
>oras
>bad
>>
>>385784992
XY gameplay is total junk, the region is junk, the map design is junk, and the post-game is extra junk.
SM did everything better
>>
The only info I want is
>are you able to skip cutscenes or at least make them go fasterthe answer will be no
>is it a sequel like b2w2 or the same game over again with no noteworthy changes like crystal, emerald, platinum,
>>
>>385784669
Mediocre and boring.
>>
>announce USM
>everyone mad as shit its not their Switch project
>people start refusing to buy it
>announce you are making a Switch game
>people happy and still wont buy USM since they will just wait for the new game and SM left a bad taste in peoples mouth
>>
>>385784669
WHERE ARE THE PUZZLES, EVEN IF THEY'RE EASY ITS BETTER THAN WALKING DOWN A STRAIGHT LINE
AND FUCK FESTIVAL PLAZA
>>
>>385784197
In what way though?
>Online system is an absolute abomination now
>they managed to make the world feel even smaller now when in reality it likely isn't
>The new Pokemon are equally bad and uninspired and could easily pass off as Gen 6 rejects on top of only exceeding Gen 6's count by 10
>Again relies on the overuse of previous gen Pokemon throughout the game
>Everything about fucking RotomDex
>Doesn't even give you the fucking Rotom in the RotomDex
>LEFT OUT THE NATIONAL DEX
>Everything about Ultra Beasts
>Had a vastly worse selection of customization options compared to XY (XY covered most bases when it came to clothing and clothing design, whereas S&M simply gave you summer clothes designed with a 5 year old in mind)
>Introduced Z Moves which was just a really dumb way of trying to sell toys and almost always acted as OHKO moves if not removing 80% of the health (on top of being an unnecessary addition in the first place since Mega Evolution was functionally somewhat similar and vastly superior in almost every way)
>Managed to be even easier gameplay wise than Gen 6 while doubling down on the hand-holding
and last but definitely not least
>introduced even worse characters than the ones in Gen 7 which were already some of the worst yet.
Don't get me wrong, X and Y were god awful, and ORAS was insultingly bad for a remake when matched up to the standards set to FRLG and HGSS, but I really can't see how S&M is a step up at all.
>>
>>385784783
>there is no way to innovate Pokemon but to get rid of the turn based battles.
The problem is that if gamefreak release a new mainline series with a different kind of gameplay that people don't like then they would need to change it again, and then again if the next one is not accepted either, it could take them a lot of time to find something that people truly like, and if they release too many experimental games they could find themselves in a Digimon World kind of situation.
>>
File: 1452481874098.png (208KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1452481874098.png
208KB, 500x500px
>he uses any of the tapus online
>>
File: 1421541811795.gif (894KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1421541811795.gif
894KB, 320x213px
>>385784506
>make each of the ultra beasts design similar to an already existing NPC
>have them with no relation in the plot
I would be fine with it with the concept they ended up of pokemons of another dimension, but then that was also half assed like you said.
Why everything Gamefreak does is so half assed.
>>
>>385784405
ignoring the fact that XY is a new generation, how is it better than ORAS?
>>
>>385784669
May i remind you that there is no national dex?
>>
>>385785414
>The new Pokemon are equally bad and uninspired

I wish they would let us know who designed what Pokemon, so we knew who was responsible for the good and the bad designs.

The only person that we know every pokemon he designed is James Turner, and he only designed Mandibuzz Line, Golurk Line, Vanillux line, Trevenant Line, Buzzwole, and Guzzlord.

Gen 1 had four different Pokemon designers and we still don't have an entire list of who designed what of the original 151.
>>
>>385784405
>Bottom Tier: ORAS
>Top Tier: Emerald
I can't believe I still come to /vp/ when people have opinions this fucking retarded here.
>>
>>385783406
To do that they'd need to overhaul features like EVs, IVs, natures, abilities, maybe even the way stats and moves work or the gameplay at large
Doing this would kill compatibility with old games to at least some extent and reset the competitive scene, which would make a lot of fanboys butthurt, and would require a lot of work retooling 800+ monsters with the new system
Basically their strategy has been "the same thing but MORE" for so long that it would be a huge risk to change it, and Game Freak is too pussy to take risks.
>>
>>385784669
SM was much better than XY at least, but they dropped the ball on the endgame.
>>
>>385784405
ORAS
SM
XY
HGSS
Emerald
BW2 / Plat
RS
FRLG
BW
C
GS
RBY
DP
>>
>>385785878
>I still come to /vp/ when people have opinions this fucking retarded here.

This is /v/ my friend. If this was /vp/ his RBY/GSC would have been bottom and ORAS/SuMo would be God tier.
>>
>>385783065
>>385783121
The post so nice he made it twice
>>
>>385786690

/vp/ hates all the 3DS games though.
>>
>>385785820
I never actually wondered about who designed which ones before, if anything I kinda just figured it was one or two guys each gen so that's interesting to hear. Those are all pretty nice ones design wise too so lucky him. Personally the only one I really dislike there is Guzzlord, the rest are pretty nice. People have a fucking hate erection for the Vanillux line but I always thought the designs there were nice and simple, similar to Gen 1's style. I also preferred Braviary over Mandibuzz but I can't deny that Mandibuzz's line at least has more visually interesting stuff going on for it, Murica bird is just more my taste.
>>
>>385783406
That's what the spinoffs are for
>>
>>385787161
>if anything I kinda just figured it was one or two guys each gen

I always assumed it was something like that but here are the number of Pokemon designers per generation.

>Gen 1: 4
>Gen 2: 8
>Gen 3: 13
>Gen 4: 14
>Gen 5: 18
>Gen 6: 21
>Gen 7: 20

Of the original 4 designers, one stopped designing after Gen 3, and one stopped designing after Gen 6.
>>
Is Sun/Moon worth it? ORAS was okay but I was pretty indifferent about it.

I like challenging games and from what I've seen it's the easiest in the series. Between Mega stomping and the new uber Zmoves or whatever the fuck they're called it looks like you can sweep entire teams and one-shot anything now, even more consistently than before.
>>
>>385787856
yes
>>
>>385788037
why tho
>>
>>385784405
Top Tier: Emerald / Platinum
High Tier: BW2
Mid-High Tier: BW / DP/ GSC / RS
Mid Tier: RBY / GSC
Low Tier: SM
Bottom Tier: FRLG / ORAS / XY / RBY
>>
>>385787856
Wait until Ultra Sun and Moon
>>
File: Dreams Robot Sculpt.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dreams Robot Sculpt.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>385784047
Hey
>>
>>385788084
>RBY and GSC listed twice
>HGSS missing

Are you okay?
>>
>>385788059
they're fun
>>
>>385782782
Everyone ignore this faggot. People are posting this on /vp/ every fucking day like little children.
>>
>>385782782
It won't be that different. They know that. That's why they're not showing anything.
>>
Okay guys I need you to be honest with me....

Why is BW2 so good? I only played the first one and own the second but I never played through it. Is the story different or what?
>>
>>385783065
The last third version came out in 2009.
>>
>>385783406
They can't afford to change it up that much, battle wise. The battle mechanics have to be compatible with older games, otherwise a lot of people will be alienated and stop playing.
>>
>>385788802
Fixes most of the problems found in BW, adds a metric fuckton of postgame and shit to do, music is evern better somehow, if you have the previous entry you get even more stuff to see and do, and you can get a GF/BF
>>
>>385788802
I think that a lot of people base their favorite Pokemon games on the amount and quality of postgame content. This is why HGSS, Emerald, Platinum and BW2 are considered as the best Pokemon games. The 3DS games seem to be lacking in that department, which is why long term players and not newfags call them shit. They're really not that bad, but they don't have that aspect of exploration beyond the story mode.

In my opinion, BW2 is good because it game me lots of things to do. Unova isn't my favorite region, but I appreciated the amount of content (Pokestar Studios, Pokemon World Tournament, More of the map to explore after the story, etc.). It's also the last of the sprite based games, which makes it the pinnacle of sprite work for Pokemon.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>385782782
>WAH GAMEFREAK SPOILED TOO MUCH IN THE SUN MOON TRAILERS
>WAH THEY AREN'T SHOWING ENOUGH FOR ULTRA
>>
>>385784669
Lillie ruined the game for me. Couldn't stand her and couldn't get away from her since GF was so desperate to push her on the MC.
>>
>>385789143
Given this is supposed to be the "expand pack", yes, telling your potential buyers why they should get this version instead of the vanilla one is a sound idea.
>>
>>385788802
>>385789042
And how could I forget, every gym has its own arrange on the theme
It's fucking amazing and I ponder every day why didn't they do this again for X/Y
>>
>>385783406
>why can't they just make a pokemon game with newer, fresher, mechanics and gameplay?

Anon, a few Pokemon having "powered up forms" in XY led to A WHOLE YEAR OF WHINING AND BITCHING ABOUT "POKEMON IS NO LONGER POKEMON", how do you think purists would react to actual new mechanics?
>>
>>385789124
>It's also the last of the sprite based games, which makes it the pinnacle of sprite work for Pokemon.

It sucks that the animations killed any charm those sprites would have had.
>>
>>385788227
Wait was this ever released? I would buy ps move just to fuck with this. Looks like a good time waster
>>
File: 157.png (3KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
157.png
3KB, 160x160px
>>385789552
Fair. I meant to say that they had the best overworld 2.5D environments and sprites.

I honestly think that HG/SS had the best battle sprites. Pic related
>>
File: 1481067729331.gif (773KB, 260x221px) Image search: [Google]
1481067729331.gif
773KB, 260x221px
USUM basically exists because they already had a gap year between ORAS and SM, but also because they're obligated to let us Catch 'Em All in a single goddamn generation for every generation until they drop the Regional Marking.
But they never will, since it's mandatory to filter out hackers, injectors and the like while also forcing you to buy each version in order to have the whole 802 and counting crew available to use in official formats.
This is especially true for Legendaries, and mark my fucking words, we'll be given a clusterfuck Legendary Hunt just like ORAS that'll require both versions to grab the Third of each Trio, and they happen to have JUST the thing for it without relying on Hoopa again.
And that thing is Ultra Wormholes, which were likely conceived for that very purpose alone first rather than a lore-related gateway between PokeEarth and Ultra Space.
>>
>>385790107
>Filter out injectors and hackers

But they can't even do that. In fact, SM was worse the XY and ORAS. They cracked that thing 2 weeks before it came out. So literally day -14.
>>
>>385782782
It'll probably be good.
Still don't get why last gen only had a "first" version+remake, no upgrade.
I liked SM enough, mostly for the Pokemon designs and lack of chibis.
>>
>>385790690
It's going to help that Gen 8 will be on the Switch, and not on a device that was already hacked. But it eventually will get hacked too

The only way to completely be sure no one is hacking or injecting is if the game is always online, which I can only hope they would never do.
>>
>>385790960
gen 7 won't have remake.
Switch will be gen 8 + DP remake. Pretty much gen 7 is gen 5 all over again.
Gen 6 was just no XY upgrade because those games sucked so much, and nothing could improve them
>>
>>385791027
Gen 7 will have FRLG remakes.

Gen 8 will have DP, Gen 9 will have HGSS, and Gen 10 will have BW/BW2, all on the Switch :^)
>>
>>385783406
>they're sales plummet more than they have already
They haven't plummeted at all. Unless you're actually Pokebarneyfag.
>>
>>385791215
Not him or Pokebarney, but the sales have slightly been dropping for each First Set of games every generation, but nothing too notable to panic over.
Pokemon still prints money, but it's never gonna climb back up since it already hit its peak in PokeMania.
>>
>>385791027
>>385791027
Yeah probably but I was just thinking that it was odd when they set up for a Z with all the stuff they did.
I'm actually hoping for a Colosseum style game on Switch instead of gen 4 remakes, since GF seems to take "remake" too literally nowadays and would skip Platinum and just remake DP, including an identical map and lacking the stuff that Plat had. Not looking forward to having to buy a Switch though, it's not really appealing to me.
>>
>>385791309
>implying they won't hit records again when they inevitably make Kanto for the Switch
>>
>>385791027
>>385791027

>Shamelessly "knowing" this much

Thanks GameFreak
>>
>>385788802
Legit was the first Pokemon game I've ever played as the owner of the cart. I loved Pokemon since the first gen and was obsessed with Kabutops in particular, but we were dirt poor and could never afford any sort of handheld until a 3DS with B2 for Christmas.
Probably why I'm not burned out now with the 3D titles, but anyway it had shitloads of stuff to do.
Join Avenue, a customizable shop lane with leveling for the shops
Black Tower, a battle facility with some fun mechanics and a reward worth battling to the end for instead of just some rare items.
Many towns had some sort of reason to go back to them, such as sports arenas with changing NPCs, seasonal environment changes, etc. Generally the game just felt really big and meaty with so much shit to do that you would feel satisfied for a long, long time.
>>
File: Ka-Pewm.png (205KB, 558x500px) Image search: [Google]
Ka-Pewm.png
205KB, 558x500px
>>385784669
>the story was all about Lillie and her family problems and you and your emotionless robot self only existed so Lillie wouldn't be talking to herself.
>the online festival was shit
>all the new pokemon have the spawn rate of 10% and less
>no post game other than """"VGC"""
>Ultra beasts weren't refightable bosses instead you catch them
>Battle tree has local co-op and no online co-op
>fucking framerate drops
>somehow has less customization options than x/y
>reusing the shitty "sky battle" models when it was scrapped
>X/Y did nothing but suck kanto's dick so when sun and moon came around and was labled the "20TH ANNIVERSARY GAME" all the kanto dick sucking felt forced and obnoxious
The region itself was nice for i am a sucker of tropical places and the trials were fun and different. also skull is best team
>>
File: SM.png (401KB, 780x1300px) Image search: [Google]
SM.png
401KB, 780x1300px
>>385784669
>So why do people hate S/M?
Because even normalfags recognize that removing fun features and shrinking the pokedex while adding more cutscenes of poorly animated anime characters is utterly boring.
>It was a big breath of fresh air
I wouldn't call downgrading something as simple as Pokemon a "breath of fresh air."
>>
>>385788802
It isn't good. It's a meme.
Sure it has decent postgame content but the entire game is a railroad that forces you to go places you don't want to go and is filled with roadblocks with no room for exploration. The story is a fucking mess and the characters are obnoxious as fuck (Specially your faggot rival who won't shut up about his Purrloin)
>>
>>385792014
>skull is best team
What did they even do? It's like they only existed for the shittiest "twist" in existence. How retarded do they have to be to fuck up their "twist" in the literal first seconds of the games?
>>
>>385792076
nice bait

>>385792150
When people say that, they probably just mean that they liked their personality and design rather than their role in the story.
>>
>>385792215
>have no argument
>call bait
You should at least post trollface.jpg if you're going to be a braindead memespewing retard.
>>
>>385792215
>When people say that, they probably just mean that they liked their personality and design rather than their role in the story.
yeah that
>>
>>385784669
I loved it (for a first version at least).
Great new Pokemon (the most important part), story that at least tried to incorporate the characters for some parts, and having autobuffing boss Pokemon rather than having gym leaders that were pretty much the same as a generic trainer.
Good stuff. I hope they don't listen to the silly complaints about the UBs either, it's nice to see such weird, alien designs after the relatively safe last 2 gens.
>>
File: Dora Picture_1394 Big Lake.jpg (104KB, 1028x771px) Image search: [Google]
Dora Picture_1394 Big Lake.jpg
104KB, 1028x771px
>>385792076
>Sure it has decent postgame content but the entire game is a railroad that forces you to go places you don't want to go and is filled with roadblocks with no room for exploration

This. Even though BW was so simplistic, at least it focused on its own region amnd letting the players get on with their journey. B2W2 on the other has more options and interludes that are forced onto the players rather than natural side attractions.

I don't consider B2W2 below average, but the way it is constantly positively received seems more like Stockholm syndrome made through comparing Gamefreak's constant removal of features rather than consistent enjoyable aspects of the game.
>>
>>385782782

are you implyin that Pokemon needs advertising?
>>
>>385792312
>muh no argument
You barely make one either

>Entire game is a railroad that forces you to go places you don't want to go
what does this mean? That's literally what a story mode is in many games. Go to place B after place A. Explain.

>Filled with roadblocks
Such as? I didn't see many when I played it.

>Story is a mess
that means literally nothing and is not even an argument.

>Characters are obnoxious
Ah, I see. I think you should play XY. That might be more up your alley.
>>
>>385783406
Gamefreak has proven time and time again that they're a mediocre developer at best and just happened to stumble their way into making an enormously successful, globally recognized cash cow franchise

They don't innovate much because they simply don't need to, and because they're afraid of somehow breaking a part of their money printing machine
>>
>>385785620
>Why everything Gamefreak does is so half assed.
They always set up lore and whatnot with Pokedex descriptions, allusions in the story, patterns of all sorts, hyping up certain events or plot points, areas in the game that don't seem complete or hint at something or other, etc
And then either nothing happens, or something bizarre and barely related happens, or they just do something to promote the movie storyline which is completely different from what the games hint at
Game Freak is sooooo good at making it look like there's deep lore going on in the background and then not delivering whatsoever
Look at Zygarde for example, the colors of 4 of its cores line up with the main colors of X, Y, Sun, and Moon, and it seems to have something to do with the lore of both Gen 6 and 7, but all it does in SM is just sort of exist for no reason in a subplot unrelated to the main plot which never resolves, and I'd be willing to bet it will have the same role or no role at all in USUM.
I guess there's no reason for them to actually connect everything and make it make some sense, since their target audience is kids with short attention spans, but still, it's frustrating. There's so many examples of this, too; everything about Zygarde, Kyurem's orginal complete form and his unused Grey Orb, AZ's Floette being in the XY data with a unique move but never being obtainable anywhere, Azure Flute in DPPt, etc etc
Its clear that they have nobody managing and coordinating the franchise as a whole, and instead just have the various game teams, the anime/movie studios, and spinoff teams just do whatever the fuck they feel like, and then damage control to try and make everything fit together when the different teams inevitably go in different directions. They need a central designer to coordinate and control the franchise and lore and make everything feel cohesive, but I guess when no matter what they do they print money there's no reason to bother.
>>
>>385793006
That reminds me how was Giga Wrecker?
>>
>>385792867
>what does this mean? That's literally what a story mode is in many games. Go to place B after place A. Explain.
Take for example Gen 2 or 3. When you get to a town, you go and check pretty much anything at your own pace, and if an event is required to advance the story it's usually quick and to the point.
>Get to Azalea
>See Rocket grunt in front of the well and another one in front of the gym
>Check Ilex forest for new Pokemon if I want
>See I can't progress so I go back
>Talk to Kurt and he tells me in 3 sentences what's going on and how to stop it
Now in BW2
>Get to a new town
>As soon as I step in Bianca/Juniper/some other NPC intercept me to dump text and then force me to do stuff
>In order to advance I have to do completely useless stuff like Pokestar studios or have to bear with forced drama with Hugh
>By the time I'm done with this crap I don't feel like exploring the town and just want to get to the next town quickly.

>Such as? I didn't see many when I played it.
I can't really name many since I haven't played it since release but I recall some fat guys blocking the way for absolutely no reason
>that means literally nothing and is not even an argument.
It is, when the story contains a fucking Final Fantasy airship bombarding a town with ice in a fucking Pokemon game.
>Ah, I see. I think you should play XY. That might be more up your alley.
Just because they are worse it doesn't mean BW2 is ok because of it.
>>
File: 1449466972459.jpg (162KB, 657x605px) Image search: [Google]
1449466972459.jpg
162KB, 657x605px
>>385792528
>Great new Pokemon
Are you joking? The new pokemon were so limited in number and the majority of them were physical attackers, making players rely on older pokemon for variation in gameplay or using long-winded convoluted capturing methods such as SOS battles. That's more confining than when Gen 4 barely had any Fire options.
>story that at least tried to incorporate the characters for some parts
You should never commend a piece of media for only *trying* to do something, especially when it falls flat on it's face like S/M where it takes 15 minutes to get your first pokemon and your first trainer battle is surrounded by minutes of unskippable unmemorable exposition.

S/M is considered bad because, for a series based around capturing and battling a variety of different creatures, the game seems to be designed in order to stop players from doing those things.
>>
>>385784669
no national dex
>>
>>385785986
compearing shit with other shit is still shit.
>>
>>385793426
>S/M is considered bad because, for a series based around capturing and battling a variety of different creatures, the game seems to be designed in order to stop players from doing those things.

That's a pretty good way to put it. The pokemon games I always disliked were the ones that thought I cared about what the characters had to say. People don't buy Pokemon games to stop to talk to NPCs. People just want to battle trainers, villains, and champions while raising their own team.
>>
>>385792076
not like we play pokemon for the story. hugh was a faggot but he did not overstay his Welcome.
>>
>>385793426
No, I judge based on designs. And the only new one behind SOS was Mareanie.
I don't battle online so their capabilities matter little to me. There's no Ledian style Pokemon that I can't use in game. I loved the new bug types after gen 6 had next to nothing there and the new Pokemon overall had designs that I loved, there are very few that I disliked (mostly Lycanroc, both forms).
I liked the characters and generally they were more memorable and likeable than most Pokemon humans.
It's not considered bad by most people outside of here and I enjoyed the game overall. It doesn't really stop the player from doing the general style of the games that they recycle.
>>
>>385793353
>Take for example Gen 2 or 3. When you get to a town, you go and check pretty much anything at your own pace, and if an event is required to advance the story it's usually quick and to the point.
I don't remember Gen 3 being like that at all. Gen 2 and 1 are fair arguments, because they didn't really have a story or plot besides be the best (which I honestly appreciated greatly).

>I can't really name many
Neither can I. I finished the game a few days ago because I, too, once thought it was shit before gen 6 and 7 came. I liked ORAS though. If Pokemon is going in the direction of story, then at least they did it right with ORAS.

>Final Fantasy ship bombarding a town with ice
Or a group of people that want to reduce the amount of land/water with a pokemon they can't and never considered figuring out how to control, or the guy who wants to make his own universe?

Do better man.
>>
>>385793353
This just sounds like a modern Pokemon game. It sounds like you just don't like the franchise. I mean there's nothing wrong with that, but still. Lots of those you can attribute to Gens 3-7.
>>
>>385790032
Why the hell does Typhlosion not have his glorious flame mane in the 3D models
Fuck you GF, you dropped the ball so hard
>>
File: 1501169683066.png (44KB, 510x410px) Image search: [Google]
1501169683066.png
44KB, 510x410px
>not playing recently released sage demo 2.0 instead
>>
>>385796230
>Let's make Scald but it paralyzes instead of burning
>and give it to a pokemon that has 88 base HP and 76 base Def when the player's options are super limited
Fuck Cameron
>>
>>385796430
The steel gym tm used to be just a steel type scald too.

Anyways, take the feedback survey then, suggest cameron's move be changed to be a mid power physical water move or something instead, since that's a move niche that's lacking.

If steel's and ice changed before, so can water's.
>>
>>385796430
OH AND HOW COULD I FORGET
SAID POKEMON ALSO HAS EVIOLITE TO MAKE THINGS WORSE
>>
>>385796508
I'm still stuck on him, got 0 money left, no potions left and now wondering what the fuck to do to beat the Depth Charge threat
>>
>>385796614
seriously dude, take the feedback survey. I can't guarantee that it'll get changed but I can guarantee somebody will read what you put down.

t. friends with devs
>>
>>385783406
>Sale plummet

You're a fucking idiot
>>
File: 1477361089082.png (868KB, 664x668px) Image search: [Google]
1477361089082.png
868KB, 664x668px
>>385782782
>no info for two months
Good. Do you people like it when GF spoils everything? Do you remember that OR/AS had nothing new to explore or find because the fuckers gave out all the info months before launch? Knowing things like the climax of the delta episode? You want all this information before you play the game?
>>
>>385796761
No, I refuse to do the survey without making that faggot soulless ginger eat shit
I'm gonna beat his ass and then give my feedback
>>
>>385796860
They don't need to tell us what it is and how it works, they just need to thell us what will be there that warrants buying the new version instead of the old one
>>
>>385784783
>ARPG gameplay

Seems like it would devolve into unbalanced shit.
>>
>>385796860
It's nice to know a little bit more than "With new hat"
>>
>>385796951
And they will before the game is released. You don't need to buy it months before it's released, don't even need to pre-order since there is no pre-order bonuses.

You impatient autists need to get the fuck over yourselves. SM were great, unless your taste is absolute garbage. next games in a gen are always ALWAYS better than the first two.

But you probably don't care about that, you're just here to shitpost.
>>
>>385799638
>SM were great, unless your taste is absolute garbage.

(lol
>>
>handheld game
>has unskippable cutscenes
>mountains of exposition to explain the simplest story imaginable
I'm not a Gen 1 fag but the appeal of these types of games from the beginning was that they are simple games you could play for a second then put back into your pocket.

Pokemon has turned into yet another long winded JRPG. Was it necessary to put so much dialogue in this fucking game?
>>
>>385785091
Lore wise they aren't, and even in game they had to make special poke balls to capture them because regular poke balls don't work on them. If you try to use a beast ball on a regular Pokemon they work like ass. As for training them and so on that's just game mechanics.
>>
>>385796230
>sage
is this good
>demo
how demo is it
>>
SM was fun but replaying it is a drag in parts. You end up mashing text skip for ages and then every so often get a break from mashing to watch Lillie's bag rumble or Hau strike a pose. The story is ok first time round I didn't really think it was bad or anything. Although compared to something like Emerald you don't really give a fuck about the legendary or the UBs.

The Pokemon selection through the game is also not too bad. Although it's annoying for some stuff that you can only find in say Vast Poni Canyon that would've made good pokemon earlier on (Murkrow etc). You could probably make a better team on the first island alone than you can before completing any of the second gyms in other games.

Olivia was a good wank too.
>>
>>385782782
I can't believe they just slapped Ultra in there and called it good. It's not even the third ultimate version, but both of the old ones.
>>
File: vivace current agreed.png (316KB, 1008x880px) Image search: [Google]
vivace current agreed.png
316KB, 1008x880px
>>385801039
>is it good

Opinions, but yes. It's the only fakemon dex i've seen that actually manages to both capture the general feeling of what makes pokemon designs feel like pokemon and for said designs to be good on average, it's got gorgeous overworld tiles/sprites (pic related, though it's not in the demo), music that ranges from decent to fantastic (espescially some of the shit on the soundcloud), and all of the in battle sprites that are actually done look great, though the WIP ones can get iffy and all the animations are placeholder.

For context, it's being made by /vp/ anons, who are trying to emulate the feel of the official games as much as possible, just without the bad shit, so as a result the dialog and writing isn't edgy fanfic tier stuff but actually feels like the stuff in the official games, sometimes better in a few ways.

Overall, i'd say it's probably the best pokemon fangame you can play, but it's still obviously WIP and it's got some pacing/leveling issues with how much of a wall certain battles are.

>how demo is it
3 gyms, but sage routes are longer then normal (without it sticking out to you in game) it's like 7 hours of content, give or take 2-3 depending on how you play pokemon in particular.

if you wanna try it, download stuff is here http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/Demo and that's also the wiki for all the info about the game
>>
>>385802016
>>385801039
Also, an example re: how much is in the demo

Pic related shows all of the outdoor overworld areas in the demo overlaid onto sinnoh, for reference, though it excludes stuff like caves, forests, etc, which adds even more then what you see here.

I think the demo has like 80 something pokemon in it you can catch, including evos; finsl game will have 229
>>
>>385783406
you just want another game with pokemons on it
>>
>>385802016
I mean, it has 200+ pokes, and they have gone through multiple redesigns, cullings and approval polls, of course by the end the designs would have to be overall good.
>>
test
>>
>>385802928
failure
>>
File: 1500946420223.jpg (2MB, 2392x3592px) Image search: [Google]
1500946420223.jpg
2MB, 2392x3592px
>>385802114
>>385802016
Also, you should post the pokemon if you are going to shill like that, a fangame is as good as their fakemon are i say.
>>
>>385803151
>That Snogre line hell yeah

Growmeo needs some work though
>>
>>385803595
If you mean the artwork, it might eventually get Sugi'd to look consistent, if you mean design, they arent WIP anymore, all final, so you can call it shit already if you dislike anyone there.
>>
>>385803151
They're very modern Pokemon, aren't they?
>>
>>385804208
They were made by /vp/ posters, so they dont have a genwunner mindset when they made these, it's up to /vp/'s taste of what they find a good pokemon, if i remember well, it had to have an 80% approval rate to pass the final cut, otherwise it would have to be redesigned in some way to be voted again.
>>
>>385783406
>they need to change something before they're sales plummet more than they have already

Pokemon has been selling like fucking crack this past year what are you on about
>>
>>385784921
Those were by Ohmori who manages to be even worse than Masuda
>>
>>385788885
oh ok now they make two third versions.
That makes it better.
>>
>>385803151
WAIT A MINUTE.

If this is the same game i'm thinking of, what the fuck happened to all those awesome steel types I remember seeing a few months ago? They are completely absent now.
>>
File: f7xdblkl.jpg (3MB, 2390x4984px) Image search: [Google]
f7xdblkl.jpg
3MB, 2390x4984px
>>385806058
Those are the ones in the most recent demo you donut, here is the full dex.
>>
>>385806285
Oh thank god. My niggas Magroplex, Magnitogre, and Quetzar are still there. I forgot all about Lavoon too.
Not to say I wouldn't love it without them, but Steel and Rock types are my favorite.
>>
>>385782782

You really have to remember they had their last games spoiled months earlier by leaks. They're playing it close to the chest.
>>
File: LURANTIS 27.png (139KB, 1916x795px) Image search: [Google]
LURANTIS 27.png
139KB, 1916x795px
>>385806918
God bless based Lurantis.
>>
File: 1500462784709.jpg (114KB, 750x721px) Image search: [Google]
1500462784709.jpg
114KB, 750x721px
>>385782782
>people will buy it anyway
Why try?
>>
>>385807462
What? I'm almost entirely skeptical, but a little part of me believes that image.
>>
>>385782782
Yup. This NEVER happened before. Nope.
>>
>>385807545
Because you're retarded.
>>
>>385783406
Gosh, I don't know.
Why can't they make a mainline call of duty that isn't an fps?
Why can't they make a mainline uncharted game that isn't a boring jumpy shooty platformer?
Why can't they make a mainline street fighter that isn't a fighting game?

BECAUSE IT'S THEIR CORE FUCKING GAMEPLAY!
>>
>>385807842
But it's true.
>>
>>385796230
>wanting to play something written by sjws
>>
>>385793075
I really enjoyed your post. I think that the subtle tones of story were originally what made the games so mysterious and and interesting. it's almost an optical illusion.

Now the same trait is exactly what makes the series from growing.
>>
>>385800336
You can actually use any pokeball to catch them, just at a lower rate.
>>
>>385782782
Maybe the Direct on the 10th will have some info.
Thread posts: 184
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.