[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does Game Theory manage to be such a shitty Vidya channel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: Capture.png (63KB, 205x197px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
63KB, 205x197px
How does Game Theory manage to be such a shitty Vidya channel?
Their main content is just half baked theories
A small bit of their channel is that Culture Shock, which tells ten year olds about different cultures.
Then there's Deadlock, where they do as little research as they possibly can, and put distracting visuals in the bottom.
Can anyone explain how Matpat built up so many fans?
>>
>>385782736
Autism
>>
>>385782736
five nights at freddy's
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrPjmlXZvuc
>>
>>385783838
don't shill your shitty work. God fucking damn it at least Matt pat SOUNDS interesting. You sound like a shitty loser reading a report in high school.
>>
>>385782736
Some early theories were interesting, reminiscent of a video game themed Mythbusters channel. Once he got his foot in the the door with that, he started doing headcanon bullshit more and more until it devolved into straight clickbait, like the videos that he made likely for the sole purpose of being able to put Pewdiepie's name in the title for search hits. He doesn't really have to even try anymore, he's made it and now his fanbase will eat up whatever stupid thing he shits out.
>>
I made up the majora's mask theory on /v/ years ago, they stole it and now they're making the big bux throwing "theories" at kids.

I still laugh at him getting butthurt at FNAF 4 when Scott was like "no you're wrong, fuck you lmao"
>>
>>385782736
He just shits out videos/theories that'll bait as many clicks as possible. For example:
>GAME THEORY: THE TERRIFYING TRUTH ABOUT FIRE POKEMON!
The thumbnail is naturally just Charizard with an arrow pointing at fire, and the theory itself is that "Fire-type pokemon produce fire with organs that produce a gas which it ignites", which not only isn't even a theory because several fire-type pokemon's pokedex entries outright say that and that method of fire-breathing has been around since the existence of dragons, but it isn't even remotely accurate to say that that's how all fire-type pokemon create fire, since a fair amount of them use magic or things like that.

It wouldn't be quite as irritating if it weren't for the fact that he claims he puts tons of research into these videos and presents them as though they're some sort of scientific study, even though the vast, vast majority of the time they're either extreme stretches based on extremely little/flawed evidence (IE Mario hating Luigi because in the ending to Mario's Missing, Mario allegedly doesn't thank him, even though he thanks Luigi immediately after the clip he used in the video) or they're based on facts that can't be considered theory because they're already well-known and canonical.

It genuinely feels like the content he makes isn't just to make money, but that he honestly, genuinely believes he's some sort of scientific theorist that people respect.
>>
>>385782736
Actually Game Theory was pretty fun like five years ago when he was just applying science and math to video games.

Once he started going off into fanfiction/creepypasta tier theories I tuned out.
>>
File: ARE YOU SERIOUS.png (493KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ARE YOU SERIOUS.png
493KB, 1920x1080px
>>385782736
I fucking hate mat's snobby little ass.
how are you, some shitty youtuber, going to tell the CREATOR OF THE GAME why he is wrong and your crappy made up theories are right?
>>
>>385783838
you have the mentality of an 8 year old with a camcorder.
LEARN HOW TO USE YOUR EARS AND BE AWARE OF YOUR VOLUME LEVEL YOU FUCK
>>
>>385784305
>>385784897
This, Matpat has always been kind of an obnoxious personality but there's some good content in there if you go back far enough. His newer stuff is absolute garbage, however.
>>
>>385782736
His head went up his ass at some point
>Make a theory about For Honor
>Gets torn apart by people that actually know about that stuff
>Doesn't admit he's wrong

And also fake crying about how nobody likes the "Sans is Ness" theory Not even Toby Fox
>>
>>385784793
>that method of fire-breathing has been around since the existence of dragons

Do...Do you think dragons are real?
>>
but hey! that is just a theory! so you can hold me responsible for any of the shit i just tried to past as fact a few minutes ago and if i am wrong my religious fanboys will defend me.... thanks for watching, hopefully with no addblock, and in case you did subcribe to crunchy roll and shave dollar club and audible and square space and any site that will payme to keep up the wife.
>>
>>385782736
Digressing and Sidequesting is the only good show
>>
>>385785805
Not that guy but I think he might be remembering some sort of documentary from discovery channel in which they explore how would a fictional creature like the dragon could work in real life.
I seem to remember they explained their fire-breathing and flight by using the methane gas or something from the decomposed meat they ate
>>
>>385786850
Where did the ignition come from, though?
>>
>>385785926
The most offensive theory for me was he samus is a X parasite theory because I had proof he was full of shit and I got hounded by fanboys who never played the games yet tried to refute my proof
>>
File: checkerman.png (5KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
checkerman.png
5KB, 320x320px
What if the game theory guy has just been dead this whole time?
>>
>>385782736
MatPat hates Scott
The whole video is him taking jabs at Scott and pretending to be all high and mighty and better than him

What is this dude's problem
>>
>>385787579
He's a egotistical narcissist with a victim complex and a rabid fan base who will defend every thing he does
>>
>>385787579
I think he got assblasted that Scott called him out on his game theory for FNAF, I mean he did make a video saying "CREATOR OF GAME IS WRONG:.
>>
>>385786991
They ate tinder and kept it in some sort of pouch in their throat or something
>>
>>385787927
Meant to say flint
>>
His new videos are bad but he is old ones are also wrong.

Reminder that he says that Wario is 6 feet tall using Brawl which has Samus who has a canonical height and is taller than Wario.
>>
>>385787927
A bloated, floating gecko comes at you in the castle and loosens a flatus flamma on your waifu's face. What would you do?
>>
>>385788376
To be fair, that Wario one was funny because of how wrong it was.

>>385786585
This. Shame he's only allowed to make like one video every 4 month.
>>
File: 1492429973035.png (63KB, 187x252px) Image search: [Google]
1492429973035.png
63KB, 187x252px
Name a game theory that you would probably believe at face value with only a title

Hard mode: no autism
>>
>>385788835

Eggman is faster than sonic
>>
>>385788835
Fake Crash was an experiment by Dr. Cortex.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (58KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
58KB, 480x360px
>>385788480
Slay the foul beast of course

Throw some Ipecac at him maybe, I seem to remember vomiting was some sort of weakness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FIDeOOL52Q
>>
>>385788835
is overwatch for gay retards?
>>
>>385782736
>Channel is called game theory
>waaa why do they air so many theories?
>>
File: Dragon_and_TRex.png (136KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_and_TRex.png
136KB, 400x225px
>>385787927
>>385786991
You're thinking of "Dragons: A Fantasy Made Real". And they explain it by dragons produced hydrogen in a special organ and ate platinum to act as the igniter when they breathed it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8DuoBqZkOM&list=PL16FDAE2C0C7AD028
>>
>>385782736
People like to listen to other people talk about stuff they're interested in. It's like a simulated conversation. It's pretty much the same thing as coming to /v/. Even if you only have a vague interest in video games, it's fun to casually observe a conversation you can relate to.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.