[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy fucking shit /v/ I feel like I'm in the twilight zone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: bioshock_infinite.png (348KB, 350x497px) Image search: [Google]
bioshock_infinite.png
348KB, 350x497px
Holy fucking shit /v/ I feel like I'm in the twilight zone here
I bought this game on the summer steam sale for like 10 bucks because it has amazing reviews from IGN and other sites.
I played bioshock 1&2 and to me they are some of the best games ever made especially around the time they were released.

fast forward to this heaping pile of shit

This has to be without exaggeration the worst video game I have ever played in my entire life.
I have played games out of cereal boxes and from burger king promotions and this is worse.

I am usually not a very big critic when it comes to games and can always find something good but when it comes to this game I literally cannot find 1 redeeming quality.

Why the fuck is this rated higher than half life 2 and other legendary titles?
please someone enlighten me before I lose my mind.
>>
I know this is copypasta because it says Bioshock 2 is a good game.
>>
>>385782358
2013 was the year of highly overrated gaems
>>
>>385782452

I liked it man but I was way younger , if I had to pick between 1 and 2 it would be 1 all day and 1 easily in the top 10 games I've ever played.
>>
>>385782358
What was so bad about it? I recently played it and enjoyed it
>>
>>385782548

like the mechanics and animations dont even work, I dont understand , I feel like im playing a PS1 game , a 9.7 from IGN and huge ratings on forums and every other site? what the fuck is going on
>>
I knew some degenerate who got a Bioshock Infinite tattoo the week it was released
>>
>>385782721
>what the fuck is going on
nearly the entire game was scrapped during development so they slapped what was left of its corpse into a somewhat cohesive game and rewrote the plot to have some 2deep bullshit that pretentious journos ate up.
>>
>>385783337
>2deep bullshit
It's not even that.
The story is akin to someone digging a very small hole in the shape of a duck penis and filling it in.
It isn't deep. It's fucking stupid and screwy.
>>
>>385782691

its got the worst fps mechanics of any game ive ever played , almost unplayable
>>
>>385783337

Ohhhh shit that makes sense now
>>
>>385782691

Im 20 minutes into the game I've got 3 shitty glitched out powers , my average joe detective character can somehow leap 30 feet in the air and fly along some rail with superhuman strength then jump a 50 foot gap and land on concrete?
What the fuck is the grappling hook? It doesnt even explain what this spinning fucking 3 pronged grappling/hook melee weapon is or why they use it.
Guy from 1912 walks into some floating fucking wonder city and just doesnt give a fuck at all like hes seen shit like that before or something then proceeds to start a murderous rampage 5 minutes after arrive like hes the god damn t 1000 or something.
I feel like im near the end of the game 30 minutes into playing it.
>>
>>385782691
Features found in Bioshock 1 and improved in Bioshock 2 are completely absent in Infinite. On that alone it's the series walking backward. Their removal doesn't do the game any good. Changes made to the basic formula end up making Infinite worse than 1 and especially 2. The Bioshocks were never especially good as shooters, so having things like traps, proxy mines, turning areas into killzones and subverting area security measures helped cover it up. Infinite either completely or mostly lacks those things so the shooting that's no better than Bioshock 1 and in some ways worse than 2 is now front and center and harder to ignore. The story is a mess. Very basic rules of thumb competent writers learn early on would have prevented most of the flaws in the story from ever getting into a design doc, or would at least have clipped them out before engineers began building systems and artists building assets to make those bad ideas happen. It takes interesting ideas (someone who can tear holes through universes at will, a city of floating islands that can move and connect and disconnect via a railway network, airborne warfare in the time when combat Zeppelins were still viable, time travel, primitive cybernetics, off-the-shelf medicine that gives super powers, factional conflicts, and so on) and does the least interesting things imaginable with all of them.
>>
>>385786241
Good reasons.
>>
>>385782452
Bioshock 2 is superior to 1 in every aspect besides story. Gameplay makes the game, therefore Bioshock 2 is the better game
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.