[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>TFW stuck in Rank 9 hell Holy shit this game is hard. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

File: latest[1].jpg (96KB, 930x1044px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
96KB, 930x1044px
>TFW stuck in Rank 9 hell

Holy shit this game is hard. I wish I had a way to get better without losing rank, but sadly party mode only has 1 round for 1v1, for some strange reason.

Were are you guys at? Spring Main BTW.
>>
File: springaling.png (13KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
springaling.png
13KB, 512x512px
Rank 9 traps a lot of people. Every mode in party mode teaches you how to deal with a particular situation, don't roll your eyes at them too quickly. Getting good at those yields surprising dividends. But honestly, just keep playing GP and Party Mode. Go into versus and set up a 1v1 where you can just practice on a CPU with infinite health too, if you really want that kind of mode.

You're a Spring Man, one of the best men. Be not afraid of Gibbon Girl or Kid Cuck.
>>
Rank 7 Mechanica main here.

It's definitely a real struggle.
>>
File: 25%.png (341KB, 419x429px) Image search: [Google]
25%.png
341KB, 419x429px
>>385767915
Thanks for the encouragement, Springbro.

Kid Cuck really is a pain. I just fought a crazy hard one, losing the first 3 or so matches before getting a win. It feels like that fucker moves 5x faster than anyone else.
>>
>>385767204
rank 15 was rank 16 and i only use mechanica
>>
>>385768248

>>385768248

Rank 15 here. Warm up with party mode before jumping into ranked. Dealing with a lot of it is just the just the struggle of getting good and discovering new information. Learn to love the climb.

A Kid Cobra, especially one that dashes too much, hates the tribolt, ramram, etc. Any glove that hits him from the side or has a wide horizontal hitbox.
>>
File: kidcobra.png (19KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
kidcobra.png
19KB, 512x512px
>>385768248

Because the game is so simple, it's easy and really important to recognize both your own quirks and and your opponent's. This is basically simplified reads: the game.

Play Grand Prix or Versus against the toughest CPU you can still put up a fight against, and then WATCH THE REPLAY. Pay careful attention to everything you do. Look at the way you jump, dash, guard, and punch. This information applies to all fighting games. Master yourself.
>>
>>385768248
I main Ribbon Girl and Kid Cobra is one of the easier ones for me to fight
I'm rank 9 after only playing ranked for 2 days
>>
>>385769451
Will do, wish we could save online replays.
>>
>>385767204
I,m a 77 main. What do I do to get better? My character seems really mediocre and even though alot of people like him for no reason I think its just because there weren't that many people to choose from at the time of the beta : (
>>
File: ARMS.jpg (641KB, 1920x1431px) Image search: [Google]
ARMS.jpg
641KB, 1920x1431px
we have a new problem to address:

people are learning how to play helix and surprise

HE'S FUCKING CANCER, what do?
>>
new update when reee
>>
>>385770521
learn how to play helix
>>
>no ARMS general
the game's dead already?
>>
File: Heck.gif (151KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
Heck.gif
151KB, 128x128px
>>385770521
>TFW fought godlike Helix
>He whooped my ass, but now I win guaranteed VS any other Helix
>>
>>385771083
who knows
>>
>>385771815

I literally could not hit him at all.
>>
File: mm80.jpg (385KB, 1330x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mm80.jpg
385KB, 1330x1000px
How do I use heavy gloves? They feel like they would compliment me, but I'm having some trouble. I'm surprised they're so slow, because whenever someone uses them against me, it seems like they're fast as fuck. Do I need to predict where the enemy's going to be? Get up close?

Also, almost rank 10, about to escape from this hellhole.

Also, feets
>>
>>385771283
the people who have autistic love and enthusiasm for it just don't want to band together to circlejerk about it for the rest of eternity yet
>>
>Haven't played this game in months
Convince me to turn it on again. Please. I want to like it so much.
>>
>>385772981

If your opponent throws a punch, throw your heavy at it. It will block their punch and keep going. Then AIM it for them. This works even better at mid (but not close) range. People, for some reason, do not expect this.

It's also a great decoy arm. People underestimate it because it's slow. Trick people. Use it as an arm you don't necessarily intend to land a hit with. Then, one they're wise to that, flip it around.

Long story short: There's a learning curve. But the potential is there.

Source: My rank 15 ass.
>>
Dead game
>>
>>385773132

If you really WANT to like it, there's something about it that already appeals to you. What do you like about it, what keeps you from coming back?
>>
It's colorful, I love the character designs, the concept seems great on paper, and the music is pretty nice too.

But just moving and getting my punches to land consistantly felt like I was really fighting with the motion controls. But the game feels even worse with traditional controls.
>Having to curve punches with the left analog stick
>Blocking with R3
Feels bad, man.
>>
>>385772981

If I were to shoot a rocket powered boxing glove at your face right now would you

A: Smile and ask for more
B: Get the fuck out of the way

Use people's natural tendency to avoid massive slow moving murder arms to get them to move places they normally wouldn't, or places you want them to be (like, say, your other punch). It takes practice, but it's a rewarding skill that strengthens your ability to read and react.
>>
>>385773634
>>385774137

Good stuff, thanks niggas.
>>
>>385772981
Basically : it's a shield
>>385767204
Were are you guys at?
16, but I didn't played it in a while
Mechanica + revolver + hammer is way too good
Can't wait to see the next dlcs
>>
>>385769451
how does simplified shit like divekick get some actual time in the spotlight as competitive fighting games but weird shit like this and those licensed anime tie-in arena games don't
>>
ARMS>Splatoon 2
>>
>>385774087

Motion controls are just a bitch to master. There's no easy fix for that. It's just about learning and getting comfortable with a new thing. This takes time. It will click, but fighting games are primarily about "the struggle" if you will, towards mastery. It's about constant improvement, and baby steps. We have not seen "peak" motion control use, aide from the game's producer and resident killing machine Yabuki. But the game was purpose built with them in mind.

There is strong reason to believe that there's a method to the madness. What you're experiencing is the growing pain of learning something strange and new.

Learning something strange and new literally always sucks. There are very few pros who even use motion controls. If it's not for you, it's not for you, but the fact that you're struggling with (and sometimes against) the motion controls might just be because it's so foreign. Take your time, go the slow road, learn them on your own terms.
>>
Pro-tips for every characters :
>In stages like ramen bowl or stairs you don't want to be at the top
>"Dashed-Punch" are the way to go
>Dashback+Punch is a good way to stay offensive when your opponent have his full jauge
>Grabs are better during an air-dash, you can ever do chain grabs if you manage to read your opponent
>Don't forget your shield
>Don't forget your full charge
>Grab when you guess a shield, if the opponent is already shielding you should punch the shield instead
>>
Bought this game today. Already put 7 hours into it, really fun stuff etc. etc. but god almight does anyone have tips for 100 on 1 with Master Mummy? In the 80s the fucking Helixes just find it hilarious to all go for my blood with flaming fireballs.
>>
>>385774282

15, Spring Man.

Trying to master the roasties. They seem to be flatly "better" than a lot of other arms, just more difficult to aim.

I want to believe in Jelly Woman.
>>
>>385775269

On top of this. LEARN TO CHARGE IN GENERAL.

Charging has three major purposes:

>A charged punch does more damage than a normal punch.
>Charging unlocks special attributes that a particular weapon has.
>It looks fucking cool.

Higher level players are constantly moving and finding the perfect moment to charge. So how do you do this? There are three ways.

1) You will get a charge directly after landing from a jump. This charge lasts 1 second or so. However, if you hold the jump button after landing a jump, you can power up a charge that lasts around 2 seconds.

2) In a similar way, hold the dash button after performing a dash. You will charge up and keep the charge for about 2 seconds.

3) Perform a block and hold the stance. When you’re done blocking, you’ll have a charge for around 1 second.

It may seem like a good idea to always try for a longer charge, but don’t neglect the short charges. They’re much quicker to get, and can be the difference between ranking up and snapping your Switch in half.
>>
>>385775457

You technically have as much time as you want. You're also Master Mummy, you LITERALLY heal when you block, and immediate access to heavy arms that knock down other punches.
>>
>>385775269

what? the high ground is objectively better in almost all circumstances. Trying to punch and having an incline in your way is horrible, especially with the way the camera works in this game. It's half of why fighting Ribbon Girl is such a pain in the ass.
>>
>>385771815
>>385772212

His name was Gore wasn't it?
>>
I'm coming for you, fernando.
>>
>>385773132

>Haven't played in months
>Game is only a month and a half old.
>>
>guy has both ARMS down
>still manages to dodge my super without playing Helix

God dammit why the fuck does this happen every time?
>>
>>385776613

Don'cha know that all Treehouse employees post here?
>>
One of the most interesting things about the game is how there's basically 3 stages of it's balance.

The character which basically just dictate your movement options

The ARMS which dictate your "combo" capability and attack options

and the stage of all things which affects your defensive play.

Keeps the game interesting to watch as well as play with all the variables to an matchup.
>>
Rank 9 Minmin here. Want to get back into ARMS since Splatoon 2 grabbed me, was going to wait until the next update but seeing all of those splatoon/nintenbabbies on a max Brass tweet shit on ARMS made me mad as hell.
>>
>Dragon arm Ramram

What in the everliving fuck am I supposed to do with Mechanica? This shit is hopeless.
>>
File: battering ram.jpg (8KB, 399x348px) Image search: [Google]
battering ram.jpg
8KB, 399x348px
I haven't touched this game basically since release. It's definitely not a bad game and I did get some fun out of it, but I just get bored of it really fast. I'm thinking of returning it and getting something else.
>>
>>385777910

It's a weird game. There's a strong possibility it's not right for you.
>>
>Grab someone
>Goes right through them and does nothing
>punch them
>touches their hitbox
>miss

Why the god damn fuck does this keep happening?
>>
File: screaming.jpg (16KB, 500x565px) Image search: [Google]
screaming.jpg
16KB, 500x565px
>>385779649
>>Grab someone
>>Goes right through them and does nothing

Literally every time I try to grab on wakeup.
>>
>>385778943
Like I said, I don't hate the game and I do like the gameplay, but it's just hard to stay hooked and continue to play for more than an hour or two. It's probably because there's not much else to do ingame. Since Splatoon's release, I probably don't see myself playing this game again unless some update adds something more substantial.
>>
File: 1500446699852.gif (1MB, 160x140px) Image search: [Google]
1500446699852.gif
1MB, 160x140px
>>385779703
>>385779649
>grab someone 3 separate times, and on the 3rd the grab actually connects but breaks immediately
I'm still mad, I lost that match because of that shit.
>>
I dont play the game often and play ranked even less but so far I've had far more difficult fights in party mode than ranked

I'm very low but the game keeps matching me with 8's an 9's and one 11

Min min with blorb/hydra/dragon takes them all down with counterplay
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.