[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>borderlands 2 going pretty strong for a 5 years old game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1.jpg (102KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
102KB, 460x215px
>borderlands 2 going pretty strong for a 5 years old game
>borderlands tps
>dead as fuck
what happened? what went so damn wrong /v/?
>>
File: 1501418599515.png (689KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1501418599515.png
689KB, 2000x1500px
>>385760646
TPS is actually my favorite borderlands game but it has a bunch of flaws.

>Much less content than BL2
>the campaign is also kinda short
>recycled loot from previous game besides a fel weapons.
>the new legendaries weren't that great, some of them were quite retarded really.
>Due to it being in space some elements didn't affect enemies depending on where you were.
>Also most place had one enemy type and all you had to do was use 1 element + ice to shit on everything.
>didn't really fix some of the previous games problem like submachine guns doing pitful damage
>It has some really shitty support characters like that awful lesbo mechanic chick

It has some good stuff on it though

>Lasers were a great new type of weapon
>The ice element is a billion time better than the slag
>you can get the offense way more ofter due to the jetpakc having a AOE when you land
>Jetpack also make you move much quicker in the levels
>character have more useful skills that don't need other skills to complement them to be decent like in borderlands 2
>some of the character skill trees are really good, the dlc characters have some really great shit.
>the claptrap DLC and the glitch weapons are a really good idea.
>it had a decent story if you don't count the support characters and the main character having interactions among themselves were a ncie touch.
>>
Devs stopped making content for it for some reason. I like the gameplay in TPS more and wish it had 4 expansions+ like BL2.
>>
>>385762414
i believe the studio closed for whatever reason.
>>
>>385761191
TPS has the best characters, it feels like a chore going back to 2.
>>
>>385761191
I just wish they added more big raid bosses like they promised
>>
anyone want's to play?
>>
>>385762785
sorry anon, but i only have a ps4 copy and i lend it to a friend.

>>385762705
true but they didn't had the time to improve the game since the studio closed down.
>>
>>385760646
Because they marketed it as a pre-sequel. They might as well have called it Borderlands: Stopgap.

That and they lost a lot of goodwill with the DLC, with only 1 extra campaign (compared to the 4 both 1 and 2 got) and the rest either being just characters or an arena mode. When you consider they were selling the Season Passes upfront without telling people what would eventually be in them, people felt shortchanged.
>>
It was a straight regression in nearly every possible way imaginable. Had only a few alright changes and features, and had no content. Much, much worse writing too. Tried playing through it again recently after getting back into BL2 for the first time in years (never played the last 2 dlc, headhunters, or gaige and krieg) and it just feels so much worse and so much less polished than 2. Also all the content in 2 I missed out in is pretty nice, Hammerlock dlc was a bit boring, and the Thanksgiving headhunter was offensively bad enough that I never want to do it again, but the rest is good.

God I fucking hope 3 is more like 2, and I hope they realize what mistakes they made with 2 like UVHM being a goddamn slog and having to play through the game like 5 times to level 1 character without grinding. Hopefully they rework legendaries to be a bit more like 1 as well, where it's worth killing enemies and doing chest runs.
>>
>>385760646
My review said everything that needs to be said about TPS.

- Every girl is a lesbian
- Every sense of comedy has some sort of SJW rhetoric attached to it
- CLUNKY AF MOVEMENT (like the boarderlands games always had that, but previous games are amazing compared to this piece of-took all of the original characters throughout boarderalnds and threw them in a cameo type situation, and din't go anywhere with it.
- They quite literally added nothing good.

Would I recommend this game? no, why? because it gets annoying beyond belief, I myself have played hundreds of hours into the previous boarderlands games and I quite love them. They created a very unique universe to go around shooting amazing guns in. This however takes the exact same game, slows it down, treats the player like a mindless child and shoves left wing ideals down their throat whether they like it or not. I like the change in more AU voice actors. creates something different than just standard US accents.

TLDR: Same game play but add a clunkymovement to it, annoying af dialogue and add nothing to the Boarderlands universe besides an uplayed stain in the reputation.
>>
>>385760646
I could never complete it even though I kinda liked the mechanics better than 2, that's how awful the """"story"""" was, and this is coming from someone who usually can ignore story in favor of gameplay, but I found that impossible in this game for some reason.
>>
>>385760646
The problem with TPS is the endgame is absolute shit compared to Borderlands 2. There's only one story DLC, there are no where near as many farmable bosses (with only one of them being a raid boss, and it's just a repeat of the final boss at that so it's shit and lazy as fuck), Elips isn't as interesting to explore as Pandora, the legendary weapons aren't as powerful or interesting as the ones in Borderlands 2, and it doesn't seem as varied as Borderlands 2, not that it was all that varied in the first place.

The only things I like about it over BL2 are the laser weapons and the movement tech. Double jumping is fun as fuck and should become a standard of all Borderlands games going forward.
>>
>wanting to play any Borderlands game
>ever
>at any point
>>
>>385766130
>talking about games you haven't played
>coming into a thread dedicated to discussing those games you don't like and haven't played
>>
>>385760646
tps is much shorter and with the grinder machines you can get all the gear you want in a fraction of the time.
>>
How can anyone like the space mechanics and need for O2 in this game?
>>
Was excited to play it, but hated it right away because of the hopping around from oxygen spot to oxygen spot.
Doesn't go well with my slower more exploratory way of playing.
>>
Far less things then Ultimate Edition and writing is somehow even worse then before.
>>
In Pre Sequel I was so hungry for more borderlands.

I like that Pre-Sequel actually had some intense fights and the new weapons were neat.

I hated-- halfway through the game every mission was a "go hear, this thing has broken, so take a long semi-boring walk to fix something else." The missions were so obviously padded that it became clear the developers didn't have a great idea as to what they wanted to do other than make the game "big." Consequently I had very little desire to truly explore and find stuff.

And the game did fall down near the endgame. It was nowhere near as replayable as BL2. and I really didnt like the characters for playing solo. The moves seemed a little too geared towards team play with even more blatantly limited support trees being the dominant number of character paths with maybe one or two legit solo builds.
>>
>>385760646
i hated all the aussie accent, give it to one or two sure, but every fucking bloke?
>>
>>385768239
the game was made in australia and they made sure to bash you over the head with it.
>>
>>385760646
Borderlands TPS is the biggest blue balls game. It has the best heroes and I like the bluish surround, but after you have played it once you just want Borderlands 3.

Athena best waifu btw
>>
>>385768506
>best heroes
how so?
their skills all felt unimaginative, and their personalities were expanded over the characters in 2. but not always for the better
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.